9.9
9.9

9.7
9.7

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
UCLA and Cedars-Sinai Medical Centers

Ellen Goldstein works at

10390 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. ...Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome....I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical case
They [Reproductive Fertility] were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen [Goldstein] communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team...The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients..... She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
After we saw Dr. Ellen, we became pregnant two times on our own without medical intervention and sadly suffered devastating miscarriages at 8 and 13 weeks respectively. Dr. Ellen was consistently involved, present, and intimately involved with the entire care team to review results and develop a course of action for both my reproductive future and my health. Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome. With that she developed treatment options while also providing an immensely caring resource to help my husband and I through this tragic period. She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical cases. She is highly trained, incredibly experienced, and approaches each patient with the utmost determination. I would advise all of her patients to approach Dr. Ellen with an open transparent attitude and a cooperative desire to build their team for their reproductive future.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. Following the results of her meticulous studies, she recommended treatment with IUI and clomid. However we finally got pregnant on our own.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
We started to get pregnant on our own following our workup and Ellen's close monitoring. Sadly for our case of unexplained fertility and recurrent pregnancy loss stemming from undiagnosed LUPUS, anti-phospholipid syndrome, and what would later become the most severe form of preeclampsia, HELP syndrome in which I lost my 3rd pregnancy and nearly died. Had it not been for Ellen, I would have died. She was the leader of of OBGYN team, and was constantly involved with 65 specialists from 15 specialties at UCLA Ronald Reagan as they fought for my life. Even as I spent 7 days in ICU, Dr. Ellen was constantly involved, watching my medical data and providing feedback, leadership, and support to my family and husband as I was incapacitated.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
They were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients. Because we didn't do treatment here given most of my medical treatment in the hospital. As such, I don't have much to comment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility.
We didn't do treatment and got pregnant on our own.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
We did not do IVF. We no input on this.
West Hollywood

Dr. Goldstein is an RE that whispers the word “intercourse.” She made me feel like IUI would solve all or problems.... I did three of my six unmedicated, and then heard from Dr. Goldstein that if she had realized it was my third that she would have recommended medication.... She never knew what was happening or who I was when I came in the clinic if I was not assigned to see her that day.... The dosage of clomid did nothing for me but thin my lining.
You are just a number. No one knows or remembers you. They [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] don’t know where you are at in your infertility journey, and they don’t seem to care. They don’t respect your time and even try to cancel appointments day of. You will almost never speak to the same person twice. Every appointment feels like you are starting over and having to explain yourself again and again.... They never passed on any of my concerns to the doctor in charge of my care.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Goldstein is an RE that whispers the word “intercourse.” She made me feel like IUI would solve all or problems. But she also didn’t pay attention to where we were at in our allotment of partially covered IUIs. I feel like I wasted time and wasn’t given all the information I needed to make wise decisions. I almost never saw her directly or got to speak with her directly until I refused to speak to anyone but her. She was kind at that point and called me saying she didn’t realize that I felt communication was lacking. And after that cycle failed, I never heard from her again. Despite having one more IUI I could try. I will skip that because I would do anything not to go back. I know she has her own clinic outside of what my insurance covers, but I would never choose her as a physician.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
First, ask for someone else. Second, if you must see her, make sure she communicates all the details. That she explains medications, side effects, what you can expect. Find out how involved she will be and request that you see her. Be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The kaiser facility makes every patient just a number. You are constantly being shuffled between doctors and there is almost no communication with the doctor in charge of your care.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I don’t think there was a strategy. I think I was always an after thought. They allowed me to start off with unmedicated cycles, but didn’t pay attention to how many had been done that way. I did three of my six unmedicated, and then heard from Dr. Goldstein that if she had realized it was my third that she would have recommended medication. So, I feel like that one was a waste. She never knew what was happening or who I was when I came in the clinic if I was not assigned to see her that day. The dosage of clomid did nothing for me but thin my lining. I was then moved to menopur injections which also didn’t seem to have much of an effect. I never knew what was to be expected. How many visits I might have, etc. I truly felt there was no protocol for me specifically.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I never saw the same nurse twice. For the most part they were just neutral. In and out and done. I did have one specific nurse at my very first appointment tell me that I just shouldn’t stress and I would probably get pregnant. This was after handing me a packet that had things you could ask family to do for you which included letting them know that telling you not to stress was not helpful.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
You are just a number. No one knows or remembers you. They don’t know where you are at in your infertility journey, and they don’t seem to care. They don’t respect your time and even try to cancel appointments day of. You will almost never speak to the same person twice. Every appointment feels like you are starting over and having to explain yourself again and again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
My insurance covered 50% of my care. Every visit just to the office was about $150. The last IUI with injectables cost about $3,000 all together.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
No IVF with her.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
This clinic is Kaiser at Sunset. They canceled appointments, did not answer phones, did not communicate effectively. They never passed on any of my concerns to the doctor in charge of my care.
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles

Dr. Goldstein takes the time to fully explain risks, process and outcomes. She is very empathetic, and sympathetic to my needs as a woman, and my uneasiness with medical procedures. She is also very good about following up and checking in with me, on a fertility level and a personal level....She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. ...We had a lot of miscommunications with our first clinic nurse, because of which, we were given a new nurse. The first nurse lost some paperwork and failed to call us with results of one blood work lab.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I have had a generally good experience overall. Even with all the stresses with the ups and downs of IVF, Dr. Goldstein has done a good job keeping our expectations real and stress to a manageable level. My egg retrieval went smoothly, and we had a successful transfer. She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
Just be patient and try to keep stress to a minium
A discussion of doing a frozen transfer vs a fresh transfer, of which we chose a frozen transfer. Dr. Goldstein wanted to be careful to avoid hyperstimulated ovaries. We froze 10 embryos, then did a transfer a month later during a natural cycle using a ovalution kit. She walked us through the process, and we liked how most of the IVF drugs would be out of my system for the transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
We had to change nurses a half way through our first IVF cycle because we were getting poor communication with the nurse. Once we were given a new nurse we had better communication and things went more smoothly. The nurses were attentive and good at taking labs. Phone calls and email follow-ups were a little delayed at some points in the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. Some of the wait times were long during the early morning appointments, but for the most part the clinic is efficient.
Our fees and costs were itemized: Doctor fees, medications, labs fees, egg retrieval, embryo creation, freezing, hatching, transfer
Dr. Goldstein has a strong preference for single embryo transfers given my age (35) and desire for one child. She said we can talk about 2 embryo transfers if we have trouble with implantation or carrying, at a later date if we choose.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
LGBTQ+
EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL IUI SHE [Dr. Ellen Goldstein] WOULD ADD/CHANGE MEDICATION AND TEST STRATEGIES TO HELP GIVE IT THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE EACH TIME...I STARTED SEEING HER TO TRY FERTILITY TREATMENTS (IUI) USING CLOMID & INJECTABLES & TRIGGER SHOTS. WE TRIED 5 CYCLES, AND IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL FOR ME AS WELL. SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL WITH IVF, BUT THAT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY WIFE AND I.
THEY [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] WERE ALL GREAT, KIND AND EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING...DURING THE LAST CYCLE I DID, NEAR TO THE END OF THE CYCLE. THE LAB GAVE THE WRONG RESULTS FOR AN ESTRADIOL TEST AND THE DOCTORS THOUGHT I OVULATED ON MY OWN SO I HAD TO GO BACK QUICKLY FOR AN IUI, BUT THEY RETESTED AND I DIDN'T OVULATE YET SO THE IUI WAS UNSUCCESSFUL BECAUSE THE TEST RESULTS WERE WRONG.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
SHE WAS GREAT BUT HER PATIENT LOAD THAT KAISER PUT ON THE FERTILITY DEPARTMENT PREVENTED HER FROM TAKING EXTRA TIME DURING PROCEDURES OR EXAMS TO SPEND EXTRA TIME WITH HER PATIENTS. SHE TOOK EXTRA TIME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS DURING THE CONSULTATIONS AND TO GO OVER TEST RESULTS.
SHE WILL DO HER BEST TO HELP YOU MEDICALLY TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PREGNANCY AS WELL AS BEING HONEST WITH YOU WHEN THERE IS NO CHANCE AS WITNESSED WITH MY WIFE'S INFERTILITY.
SHE TOOK THE TIME TO GO OVER THE TEST RESULTS IN DETAIL. SHE WAS VERY THOROUGH AND WAS FRANK ABOUT MY WIFE & I FERTILITY TREATMENTS. FIRST MY AFRICAN AMERICAN WIFE WAS SEEING HER FOUND OUT THAT HER FIBROIDS PREVENTED HER FROM FURTHER TREATMENT. THEN I STARTED SEEING HER TO TRY FERTILITY TREATMENTS (IUI) USING CLOMID & INJECTABLES & TRIGGER SHOTS. WE TRIED 5 CYCLES, AND IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL FOR ME AS WELL. SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL WITH IVF, BUT THAT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY WIFE AND I.
EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL IUI SHE WOULD ADD/CHANGE MEDICATION AND TEST STRATEGIES TO HELP GIVE IT THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE EACH TIME. WE WERE USING DONOR SPERM FROM THE CALIFORNIA CRYOBANK, SOMETIMES IT IS MORE SUCCESSFUL WITH IUI'S USING LIVE SPERM.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
THEY WERE ALL GREAT, KIND AND EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
TOO MANY PATIENTS, LONG WAIT TIMES. APPOINTMENT TIMES WERE ALMOST ALWAYS NOT OBSERVED. YOU WOULD HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR 8AM AND NOT BE TAKEN IN TILL 830 AND NOT SEEN FOR ANOTHER 1/2 HR. ALSO THEY HAD SATURDAY HOURS BUT NOT SUNDAY. SO YOUR CYCLE NEEDED TO BE WORKED AROUND SUNDAY CLOSURE AND AVAIL APPOINTMENT TIMES.
EACH CYCLE ENDED UP BEING ABOUT $1450.00. ~ 5 VISITS $40 COPAY, $250 FOR MEDS & $1000 FOR SPERM. SO FOR 5 CYCLES IT WAS APPROX $7250. NOT COUNTING THE TIME OFF WORK AND THE GAS DRIVING TO THE KAISER FACILITY ON SUNSET FOR EVERY APPOINTMENT.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles

With Dr. Goldstein, she made us feel like we were a priority. She was honest with us, but we also felt like there was still hope. She was readily available to us if we had any questions.... I have already recommended Dr. Goldstein to friends. She was compassionate and professional. We always felt comfortably asking questions and she put our fears at ease. We always felt that no question was dumb and that we could rely on her to do what was best for our infertility case.
Great facility [Reproductive Fertility]. Clean and professional. We had no issues with the clinic. They made sure that we were taken care of. We were in and out quickly for appointments. The facility was decorated nicely. The only inconvenience was trying to find parking....The nursing staff was great overall! They were responsive to questions and compassionate as well.... Total cost including surgery for my husband, medication, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer came out around $20,000.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
With Dr. Goldstein, she made us feel like we were a priority. She was honest with us, but we also felt like there was still hope. She was readily available to us if we had any questions. We always received a prompt response from her or her staff.
My husband had to have surgery in order to retrieve sperm. Once that was complete, we had to do an egg retrieval. Medication: 1 Cetrotide 2 300 Gonal F pens (minus 150) 1 900 Gonal F pen 2 Menopur 2 Lupron (trigger shots) Progesterone (vaginal inserts)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Great facility. Clean and professional. We had no issues with the clinic. They made sure that we were taken care of. We were in and out quickly for appointments. The facility was decorated nicely. The only inconvenience was trying to find parking.
Dr. Goldstein wanted to do one embryo transfer because I am young and I did not have the fertility issues. She also said that transferring multiple embryos did not increase the odds of a successful transfer.
2014 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Goldstein] was my doctor with my 6 IUIs and my husband and I decided when it came time to try IVF that we wanted her to be our doctor. ... Always willing to accommodate our schedules. ... We liked that she was familiar with us and knew our journey. She took the time to explain all of our options and invested her time in us. After a procedure she would call and see how we were doing.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility - West Hollywood] was really good at getting you in and out on time. They were open early to accommodate appointments before work. The staff always greeted you with a smile. They had good communication with what your next steps were. ... We used three different pharmacies to get the most cost efficient medication.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr.Goldstein was an amazing doctor. She was my doctor with my 6 IUIs and my husband and I decided when it came time to try IVF that we wanted her to be our doctor. We liked that she was familiar with us and knew our journey. She took the time to explain all of our options and invested her time in us. After a procedure she would call and see how we were doing. Always willing to accommodate our schedules.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is always available and willing to answer questions.
DR. Goldstein took the times to explain the procedure and made sure we understood what our next steps were.
We started out with injections and we were going to do a fresh transfer, my body didn't react well to the egg retrieval and decided to do a frozen transfer instead. We got pregnant on the first try!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic was really good at getting you in and out on time. They were open early to accommodate appointments before work. The staff always greeted you with a smile. They had good communication with what your next steps were.
Dr. Goldstein was very conscious of the cost. She was willing research the best prices on medications needed. We used three different pharmacies to get the most cost efficient medication.
West Hollywood
First we tried egg retrival with genetic testing [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]. It didnt work out. So she suggested we try fresh transfer the second time. And thats when it worked for us...She was very candid and straight forward. She even gave us her personal phone number to reach her at anytime...She was very informative. Her knowledge was very good. She offered us different options. She was very attentive to us. She made sure we were confortable trying treatments. She was very punctual. She made sure we understood everything.
Clinic parking was very expensive [at Reproductive Fertility], however their was plenty parking on the street. Clinic was very clean nice, fancy and confortable to be at. They do the retrieval in the same building. Definitely would recommend the clinic as a good place to go...They were always making sure we were ok. And were very caring to making us feel confortable
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Make sure Ellen Golstein Is available thru your treatment.
First we tried egg retrival with genetic testing. It didnt work out. So she suggested we try fresh transfer the second time. And thats when it worked for us
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Clinic parking was very expensive, however their was plenty parking on the street. Clinic was very clean nice, fancy and confortable to be at. They do the retrieval in the same building. Definitely would recommend the clinic as a good place to go,
Ellen Godlstein was very consionsce of the moeny we spent.
West Hollywood

Throughout my experience (which ultimately led to a successful outcome), Dr Goldstein was incredibly knowledgeable and supportive and went above and beyond to answer my questions in between appointments. She was also conscious of the expense that can come with fertility treatments, and helped me navigate the many options available with that in mind. I've never felt so much support from a doctor before. I would highly recommend her for anyone looking for fertility treatment.
The [Reproductive Fertility] clinic was well located and organized. always easy to find street parking and to get an appointment . I rarely had to wait long to see my doctor. the staff were welcoming and helpful with the coordination of my medications and visits...Dr Goldstein has an amazing way of making her clients feel seen and heard. She was able to effectively communicate my situation, and my options moving forward in easy to understand language. plus she was readily available out of hours for any questions or concerns I had.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
None needed. She will guide you through the process without needing to be prepared for anything.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic was well located and organized. always easy to find street parking and to get an appointment . I rarely had to wait long to see my doctor. the staff were welcoming and helpful with the coordination of my medications and visits.

2022, Successful
Dr. G makes herself available via email to the patient and never let more than an hour go by before responding to any concern or test result, which was so comforting when you are going through this journey. She is truly dedicated to her patients, coming in on a Saturday or Sunday if that’s the day that is best for the patient’s procedure...was very attentive with each scan, making small changes to meds to achieve the best outcome
I can’t say enough kind words about this practice [Beverly Hills Fertility], I felt truly cared for. I can see that each person who works there wants success for every patient, and they take the time to talk when a cycle doesn’t work out or the journey gets difficult. When I got my positive pregnancy test and saw the team for my first few ultrasounds and blood tests, it felt like we all won!
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. G was the only doctor who met with me in person, although in a post Covid world, it seemed important to me that the doctor would want to talk to me face to face as well as perform their own ultrasound for a proper assessment to base their plans on. Where the other doctors once again pushed for IVF and donor eggs, Dr. G took a piece of paper and mapped out her plan for me and explained why she would not go the IVF route based on my entire fertility picture. Dr. G makes herself available via email to the patient and never let more than an hour elapsed before responding to any concern or test result, which was so comforting when you are going through this journey. She is truly dedicated to her patients, coming in on a Saturday or Sunday if that’s the day that is best for the patient’s procedure. Alondra, my clinical coordinator, was so kind, empathetic and knowledgeable in guiding me through the day to day of each cycle and in coordinating all my medications. The entire staff, including Erica, someone I saw a lot, were so supportive in my 3 cycles of IUI. They were all so genuine in hoping each cycle was the one. Dr. G was very attentive with each scan, making small changes to meds to achieve the best outcome. She was also very mindful of cost, and always looked for ways to save me money with medications or treatments which I appreciated in an expensive venture. I can’t say enough kind words about this practice, I felt truly cared for. I can see that each person who works there wants success for every patient, and they take the time to talk when a cycle doesn’t work out or the journey gets difficult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Know that Dr.G will always be honest and work with you to achieve your goal in the way she thinks you can actually get to the goal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. G was the only doctor who met with me in person, although in a post Covid world, it seemed important to me that the doctor would want to talk to me face to face as well as perform their own ultrasound for a proper assessment to base their plans on. Where the other doctors once again pushed for IVF and donor eggs, Dr. G took a piece of paper and mapped out her plan for me and explained why she would not go the IVF route based on my entire fertility picture. Dr. G makes herself available via email to the patient and never let more than an hour go by before responding to any concern or test result, which was so comforting when you are going through this journey. She is truly dedicated to her patients, coming in on a Saturday or Sunday if that’s the day that is best for the patient’s procedure. Alondra, my clinical coordinator, was so kind, empathetic and knowledgeable in guiding me through the day to day of each cycle and in coordinating all my medications. The entire staff, including Erica, someone I saw a lot, were so supportive in my 3 cycles of IUI. They were all so genuine in hoping each cycle was the one. Dr. G was very attentive with each scan, making small changes to meds to achieve the best outcome. She was also very mindful of cost, and always looked for ways to save me money with medications or treatments which I appreciated in an expensive venture. I can’t say enough kind words about this practice, I felt truly cared for. I can see that each person who works there wants success for every patient, and they take the time to talk when a cycle doesn’t work out or the journey gets difficult. When I got my positive pregnancy test and saw the team for my first few ultrasounds and blood tests, it felt like we all won! I could be biased when I say, I think Dr. G worked harder for me since I’m having twins, but I know she puts the same effort into every case. I know Beverly Hills Fertility will continue their amazing work in building families, even when other doctors may not see the same possibility. In reflecting on my entire infertility journey, I’m so glad I found Dr. Goldstein and her practice…my family and I will forever be so thankful for everyone who played a part in our story.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alondra )
Alondra and Erica were angels. So supportive, we all got tears in our eyes when we knew I wouldn't see them any longer on my journey through pregnancy. They were so genuine and empathetic to the hardship of the process. They are both amazing people all around.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
Access to the doctor and quick communication turn around for any concern or question. Complete availability to the day that is best for your procedure. They are so dedicated to your procedures. I never had to wait a long time in their office which appreciated and it felt like they respected my time as much as I respected theirs. They were accommodating with my work schedule to see me when it was best for me. I brought my toddler to procedures which they allowed and I was grateful for.
Los Angeles
Dr Goldstein dedicated lots of time to explain our situation. We were never rushed, never made to fight for her attention even after a break in treatment to consider our options...She shared our disappointment and our hope, and in the end she recommended treatment outside the clinic because it was our best option financially and reproductively...
I liked that each time I called [Reproductive Fertility] I was either connected to appropriate staff or given the information that I needed right away. I always felt welcome in the clinic, they offered coffee and candies. Once, I was even met on the street with equipment that I had left behind. I traveled a long way for my treatment and the staff was aware of that...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is warm and compassionate. She built confidence in us by answering all of our questions, even questions we didn't know to ask. She shared our disappointment and our hope, and in the end she recommended treatment outside the clinic because it was our best option financially and reproductively.
There are many ways to build a family. Be honest with yourself and don't hesitate to ask a question. Even if the answers are scary, you have a wonderful guide that will not abandon you.
I was prescribed pills and injections. The injections had to be inter-muscular because of my weight. My low egg reserve would not budge, I would only grow 1-2 follicles at a time. In my first cycle, I had to use a second trigger shot. My body is just obstinate. In my second cycle, I ovulated early. The first egg retrieval produced 1 egg which fertilized but did not grow. The second egg retrieval produced nothing because I had ovulated early. It was tragic. At that point, we almost gave up. Dr Goldstein consulted us and advised IUI with donor sperm. This would offer us the best chance to conceive, but also release us from the clinic. It was a selfless act on her part.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
I recall waking from an egg retrieval to a kind nurse who sat with me and comforted me while preparing me to get on my feet.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I liked that each time I called I was either connected to appropriate staff or given the information that I needed right away. I always felt welcome in the clinic, they offered coffee and candies. Once, I was even met on the street with equipment that I had left behind. I traveled a long way for my treatment and the staff was aware of that.

2022 - 2023, 6 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein is a rare gem of a doctor. She treats you like you're part her family, responds to emails and calls at all hours with compassion and empathy always and always gives straightforward yet understanding advice and insights. I can't say enough good things about her...If you're thinking about doing egg freezing, IVF, or just want to have a doctor you trust consult you on your fertility journey, she's the doctor for you.
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] clinic is clean, organized and welcoming. Dr. Goldstein was present at every appointment and the nursing staff was also great in organizing appointments and communicating sometimes complicated medication protocols during my egg freezing cycle. Beverly Hills Fertility is really a rare gem in Los Angeles. If you want to feel taken care of during this vulnerable journey, this is the place for you.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein was the best doctor I've ever seen. She treats everyone with so much time and compassion. She made my partner and I feel so comfortable during the whole process. We really felt like we were in good hands and trusted her opinion. I don't know any other doctors who will personally email you back within 15 mins no matter what day or time it is.
Just see her. Fertility is a vulnerable journey and you really want someone who cares in your corner. Dr. Goldstein is that doctor.
Dr. Goldstein is a rare gem of a doctor. She treats you like you're part her family, responds to emails and calls at all hours with compassion and empathy always and always gives straightforward yet understanding advice and insights. I can't say enough good things about her and her staff. If you're thinking about doing egg freezing, IVF, or just want to have a doctor you trust consult you on your fertility journey, she's the doctor for you.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is clean, organized and welcoming. Dr. Goldstein was present at every appointment and the nursing staff was also great in organizing appointments and communicating sometimes complicated medication protocols during my egg freezing cycle. Beverly Hills Fertility is really a rare gem in Los Angeles. If you want to feel taken care of during this vulnerable journey, this is the place for you.

2021, Successful
LGBTQ+
Dr.G [Goldstein] made her self available during business hours and after business hours through phone calls, zoom calls, and emails for questions and concerns of mine...she saw a small polyp, she highly recommended I do a hysterectomy to remove the polyp to have a successful transfer. Dr.Goldstein performed the egg retrieval for me, timing my body precisely and was able to have a very successful egg retrieval of 14 eggs...
I was able to make appointments on my availability and worked perfectly with my work schedule...The staff was great, they scheduled me at times I was available to go in at. My primary nurse Zynnia was great she always communicated with us...We decided on only one [eset] my body was ready and timing was everything on a natural cycle transfer...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein set a plan for us, she timed everything precisely. I was able to make appointments on my availability and worked perfectly with my work schedule. Any questions and concerns that we had were answered and explained in detail by Dr.Goldstein.
To be open minded about a plan the Dr. Goldstein sets, she understands your body and timing is important.
Dr.G made her self available during business hours and after business hours through phone calls, zoom calls, and emails for questions and concerns of mine.
When I started my journey with Dr.Goldstein she saw a small polyp, she highly recommended I do a hysterectomy to remove the polyp to have a successful transfer. Dr.Goldstein performed the egg retrieval for me, timing my body precisely and was able to have a very successful egg retrieval of 14 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Zynnia)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Strengths are availability for appointments, great staff, great drs. Weakness would be location, some patients might not live close by, but with great drs like Dr Goldstein we drove out of our way for her.
I was a cash patient, didn’t have insurance. I had to get a medical loan out from a recommended/secure place Dr Goldstein had recommended.
We decided on only one my body was ready and timing was everything on a natural cycle transfer.
2021 - 2022, Consult
Dr Goldstein consistently made time to listen to our concerns and reassure us when needed, even if she has already answered the question previously. This really helped us maintain a optimistic outlook during our testing...Dr Goldstein responded by acknowledging the emotional pain of the miscarriages and performing a full testing and imaging workup to ensure that nothing was missed. She confirmed the previous diagnosis, but did so in a way that made us feel listened to and understood which was critical in our ability to move forward...
The clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility] is beautiful, clean, and in top notch shape. It is brand new and everyone will certainly feel comfortable here. Parking is challenging and traffic can be quite a concern in the mornings and evenings...Dr Goldstein consistently made time to listen to our concerns and reassure us when needed, even if she has already answered the question previously. This really helped us maintain a optimistic outlook during our testing...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr Goldstein was absolutely incredible. We sought her out after going through three consecutive miscarriages and being told by multiple doctors to “just keep trying”. Dr Goldstein responded by acknowledging the emotional pain of the miscarriages and performing a full testing and imaging workup to ensure that nothing was missed. She confirmed the previous diagnosis, but did so in a way that made us feel listened to and understood which was critical in our ability to move forward. When we did get pregnant again, she performed weekly ultrasounds to help us through the first trimester and continued to be a resource via email as we transitioned to our permanent OB-QYN. Thank you Dr Goldstein!
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and in top notch shape. It is brand new and everyone will certainly feel comfortable here. Parking is challenging and traffic can be quite a concern in the mornings and evenings.
Los Angeles
Dr. Goldstein, was the calm during the time of uncertainty that we had, she made us feel important, at peace, and always gave us the answers that we were looking for by being confident in everything she said, she was always caring and loving for us as her patient...Her biggest strength is her knowledge, patience and delivery of information to us, there was never a moment we felt she hesitated, or had any doubts with the information she gave us, she always had time for us, and even calm our fears when we had an early pregnancy scare that another office told us we had lost our baby, but there was Dr. Goldstein that reassure us that everything was going well, and fast foward a couple years i have my beautiful daughter thanks to her.
[Reproductive Partners Medical Group's] strengths are its Availability and flexibility...they make sure you count as a person not a number to add to their patient count, I strongly recommend them for anyone looking for the best experience in a fertility process...Dr. Goldstein, was the calm during the time of uncertainty that we had, she made us feel important, at peace, and always gave us the answers that we were looking for by being confident in everything she said, she was always caring and loving for us as her patient
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Do not hesitate in choosing her as your Doctor she is everything that a fertility Doctor should be and more
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
the clinics strengths are its Availability and flexibility are their strengths, they make sure you count as a person not a number to add to their patient count, I strongly recommend them for anyone looking for the best experience in a fertility process
Reproductive Partners Medical Group

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
I had a great experience with Dr. Goldstein...was warm and had good bedside manners...straight to the point and didn’t sugarcoat things...saw her at every single appointment - she set clear expectations, answered all of my questions, and truly made me feel seen and heard...ended up getting pregnant with twins on my third IUI, but I unfortunately miscarried both...My husband and I miraculously conceived on our own and I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with my little miracle baby!
The clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility] is brand new, clean, and calming. It doesn't ever feel crazy or hectic, I never had to wait long. Everyone seemed on top of it, and appointments were almost always on time. Parking can be a little expensive if you have a long appointment, but they provide validation which helps...Alondra was my main coordinator, and she was so sweet! All of the nurses and coordinators are so friendly.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
I had a great experience with Dr. Goldstein! It was important for me to see a fertility doctor who was warm and had good bedside manners as this is obviously a very sensitive and emotional process. Not only was Dr. Goldstein warm and caring, but she was also straight to the point and didn’t sugarcoat things which is also extremely important when going through treatments. I saw her at every single appointment - she set clear expectations, answered all of my questions, and truly made me feel seen and heard. I trusted her with my whole heart. I remember after leaving my first consultation with her, I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I had been carrying the weight of this all for so long, and I finally felt like I had another teammate (other than my husband) to fight this battle with. That feeling never went away during any treatments with her. Through all of the ups and downs, she was by our sides and had a clear plan for what to try next. Trusting your doctor is so important, and I fully trusted her 110%!
I did a ton of research (thank you FertilityIQ!) on doctors and clinics in Los Angeles and met with a few doctors for consultations before meeting with Dr. Goldstein. After meeting with her and comparing her to other doctors and clinics, I knew she was the right doctor for me. So, my advice would be to do your own research, advocate for yourself, and choose a doctor who makes you feel seen, heard, and cared for. Dr. Goldstein checked all of these boxes for me.
I truly felt like I was one of the only patients she had. She was smart, warm, personable, funny, and easy to talk to. I trusted her and knew she had mine and my husbands best interest in mind. She was invested in getting us pregnant and I trusted her every step of the way.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Beverly Hills Fertility and their degree of success.
We started with 3 IUIs (one round with Clomid and the second two with Letrozole), I responded really well and had 5 follicles for each IUI. We ended up getting pregnant with twins on my third IUI, but I unfortunately miscarried both. After the miscarriage, we took a little break before starting IVF. My IVF protocol consisted of 2 tablets of Letrozole at night, 225 iu Follistim, and 150 iu Menopur. After a few days, we started Ganirelix, and then Pregnyl trigger shot before the egg retrieval. The nurses were so helpful with teaching me how to do the injections, Dr. Goldstein was always on call if I needed her, and they actually provide you with clear videos of Dr. Goldstein showing you exactly how to set up and inject the medication which was so helpful to me. Watching the videos of her was actually comforting while doing the injections - it felt like she was right there with us! Overall, my protocol felt very easy and simple. Dr. Goldstein doesn’t overcomplicate when it isn’t necessary. She will also change things up as you go based on how you are responding to the medication, she’s really on top of it all, which again is so reassuring. My first egg retrieval yielded one genetically normal embryo, so we decided to try one more round of IVF before a transfer. For the second round, we started a luteal phase protocol to see if my eggs would grow more in line with each other, but we ended up cancelling the cycle halfway through as I was actually pregnant! My husband and I miraculously conceived on our own and I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with my little miracle baby!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alondra)
Alondra was my main coordinator, and she was so sweet! All of the nurses and coordinators are so friendly. I saw a few different coordinators from time to time if Alondra was out of the office and felt seen and cared for by all. They respond to emails right away and helped schedule medication deliveries etc.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is brand new, clean, and calming. It doesn't ever feel crazy or hectic, I never had to wait long. Everyone seemed on top of it, and appointments were almost always on time. Parking can be a little expensive if you have a long appointment, but they provide validation which helps!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Dr. Goldsteins pricing seemed pretty inline to other doctors in the area.

2023, Successful
Dr. Ellen Goldstein is simply incredible, brilliant, amiable, kind and extremely attentive. She was everything I needed and more in my times of distress, in my moments of confusion and my own self doubt. She treated me and my husband like a partner in this journey and never failed to reassure me that I am capable of becoming a mother. Dr. Goldstein is a blessing in my life. I have never experienced such attentive care as a patient until I met her.
Beverly Hills Fertility has many strengths. They've created a aesthetically beautiful, calm and welcoming environment for their patients. It never feels like a 'factory', like some of the other places I've been to before I came across Dr. Goldstein's practice. As a patient, I always felt very welcomed by their staff. Everyone is so sweet and caring...I met with the financial coordinator, where she meticulously went over every detail of cost and different options to choose from. She answered every question and helped us choose the best options for our treatment plan.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
My advice to a prospect patient of Ellen Goldstein is to truly lift the weight off your own shoulders by letting her take over. Let go of any self doubt or pressure you've placed on yourself and trust her process. She will be doing everything in her power to achieve success.
I absolutely felt like a human during my visits and treatments with Dr. Goldstein, I am forever grateful to her for responding to every single email and never letting more than an hour go by before answering. Often times, answering me within minutes. Those moments are so appreciated. I felt so cared for, seen and truly felt like I was her only patient... even though I definitely was not! I am not sure how she does it, but she truly has an incredible strength and passion for fertility. She treated me like any family member would.
Dr. Goldstein's protocol was meticulous and effective. She did not want me to spend unnecessary money, nor overstimulate me with the IVF treatments. She only prescribed what was needed and carefully monitored me. During the IVF injections, I felt totally fine and I was able to live a normal life. Dr. Goldstein had video tutorials that she created herself helping us learn how to do the injections comfortably at home. As a result, we retrieved 20 eggs! We had 5 embryos and then went through PGS-testing our embryos, leaving us with 2 healthy tested embryos. After the retrieval process, Dr. Goldstein prepared me for a natural frozen embryo transfer. We used my own hormones for this 'natural' transfer (therefore there were no extra medications/injections needed other than letrozole) and we waited until I ovulated on my own. She monitored me like a hawk and perfectly timed the transfer. And it was successful!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mariam)
Mariam was an awesome care coordinator for me. She responded to all my emails / phone calls promptly and patiently helped me answer all my questions with detail.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
After my consultation appointment, I met with the financial coordinator, where she meticulously went over every detail of cost and different options to choose from. She answered every question and helped us choose the best options for our treatment plan. We decided to move forward with their recommended protocols, including ICSI, PGS-Testing etc. We spent about $20k for the entire process which is very competitive compared to other IVF fertility centers. My medications were probably around an additional $3,500. Overall, Dr. Goldstein understands the financial stress that IVF can come with, so she was always very considerate about making sure she prescribed just the necessary amount of medications so we did not need to overspend.

2022, 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein is patient and takes time to answer all your questions -- while you are in her office and when you contact her by email or phone. She is very responsive to emails, provides detailed responses, and welcomes follow up questions. I felt very comfortable to ask her questions. Also, during this entire process, other than bloodwork, Dr. Goldstein was directly involved. She did all my ultrasounds and met with me during every visit...understood how emotional this process is -- she listened, she was patient, and empathetic.
They [Beverly Hill Fertility] do not work with insurance (at least at the time of my visit), which was not ideal. They were responsive, the office was clean, and the entire team starting at the front desk were patient, kind, and sincere...Dr. Goldstein has excellent bedside manner, she is calm and caring, and very receptive and responsive to questions (during visits and by phone/email). She encouraged me to email her with concerns and questions, and she always responded timely. Initially, it appeared as though I had diminished ovarian reserve and Dr. Goldstein really partnered with me to figure out the best course of action. She made me feel very safe and I had full confidence in her experience (even though I am a very skeptical person, generally).
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
If you like to know all possible outcomes and side effects, even if the chances of such outcomes are low, be proactive in asking her. For example, go over what you could experience after the retrieval process (for example, to no fault of Dr. Goldstein's, I had significant bloating after the retrieval, which is "normal" but not as common).
Dr. Goldstein is patient and takes time to answer all your questions -- while you are in her office and when you contact her by email or phone. She is very responsive to emails, provides detailed responses, and welcomes follow up questions. I felt very comfortable to ask her questions. Also, during this entire process, other than bloodwork, Dr. Goldstein was directly involved. She did all my ultrasounds and met with me during every visit (versus other doctors who had their staff do ultrasounds and only met with me for a rushed moment thereafter). Lastly, Dr. Goldstein understood how emotional this process is -- she listened, she was patient, and empathetic.
I took estrogen pills about a week before I expected my cycle to start (not everyone does this), I did injections for 10 days before my trigger injection (initally thought I would do 8-9 but I was responding well to medication so we continued a bit more). The results were great -- each visit, we could see about 15-17 follicles and she was able to retrieve 17 mature eggs. She also retrieved 3 that were not mature.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
They do not work with insurance (at least at the time of my visit), which was not ideal. They were responsive, the office was clean, and the entire team starting at the front desk were patient, kind, and sincere.
Cost of retrival all in, $8,550 (included one year of egg freezing)
What specific things went wrong at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Very minor, but Dr. Goldstein told me my procedure would be at one time, but my nurse emailed me with a different time. When I checked with Dr. Goldstein (she was immediately responsive) she confirmed the time she said was correct, she changed the time based on my progress, and my nurse had not yet been updated.

Investor
[Dr. Goldstein] always communicated with me and answered every little question I had; she was patient, supportive and compassionate. She is also extremely knowledgeable as a doctor and always paints a realistic picture of what I should expect based on scientific data. I really found her approach and temperament very reassuring and I never felt anxious at any point in the cycle because I knew I was in great hands and getting the best treatment available.
Everyone [at Reproductive Fertility] is very professional and attentive. The wait times are non-existent...[staff] at the front desk are friendly and communicative. Someone always answers the phone and whatever you're calling with will get taken care of right away whether it's that you need another prescription for a medication or to change your appointment time or anything else. Emails are always answered really quickly as well.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I met with Dr. Goldstein for the first time in July 2020 and she immediately made me feel comfortable and earned my trust. She was very caring, professional, and attentive and listened to all my concerns and explained all my options in depth. At the time I had been trying to conceive on my own for over 8 years; I had seen several fertility doctors and run all the standard tests, and the consensus was that I had unexplained infertility. I did an initial cycle of IUI with Dr. Goldstein in December 2020. My odds of conceiving were around 12%. The IUI did not result in a pregnancy - and I had kind of expected that because I knew I was going to need a more aggressive form of treatment. In March 2021 I was finally ready to start a cycle of IVF. Dr. Goldstein was really great throughout the whole process: she always communicated with me and answered every little question I had; she was patient, supportive and compassionate. She is also extremely knowledgeable as a doctor and always paints a realistic picture of what I should expect based on scientific data. I really found her approach and temperament very reassuring and I never felt anxious at any point in the cycle because I knew I was in great hands and getting the best treatment available. My IVF cycle went better than I could have hoped for - I got pregnant after the first embryo transfer and I am due February 1st, 2022. I also still have 6 other healthy frozen embryos that I can use in the future. I am so grateful that I found Dr. Goldstein! After 8+ years of infertility I'm finally pregnant and I couldn't have asked for a better experience leading to this pregnancy. Dr. Goldstein made sure that I knew every step of the way that she was truly invested in this process and cared about me and my results. She always made me feel supported and I was never alone in the process.
You can really put all your trust in Dr. Goldstein. She is very kind and an expert doctor. You can ask her tens of questions about every little thing that is on your mind and she will answer each one of them patiently. She has a lot of knowledge and you will never leave her office feeling confused or worried or anxious. You will know right away after an initial consultation with her that she truly does care about her patients and their success, and you can take a deep breath knowing that you're being taken care of by the best that's out there.
Dr. Ellen Goldstein was very kind, compassionate, polite, and realistic from day 1. She always made me feel comfortable and supported in my journey, and I knew I could trust her from the get go. I never felt like she did not care about me as a patient because she obviously did and continues to do so. I am almost in my 2nd trimester now and she continues to answer my questions when I write her emails. She is extremely knowledgeable and truly a great doctor. She sets realistic expectations based on the science. But the results I got with her completely surpassed my initial expectations. So happy I chose her.
The main thing I recall is that after checking my hormone levels and seeing how I was reacting to IVF medication she knew right away that my cycle would very likely have to be a frozen cycle. A fresh embryo transfer was not going to be an option for me because of how high my hormone levels would be after the egg retrieval. We had to wait for my body to calm down and for the hormone levels to normalize after the retrieval, so we waited one cycle (about 4 weeks) to do a frozen transfer. The first frozen transfer worked and I am now 11 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tasha Carmack)
Tasha Carmack was great - she is a very positive and friendly person and I always appreciate that. She answered all my questions about the financial aspect of my IVF journey and she is just a pleasant person to talk to. She is on top of her game and will make sure to remind me of anything she thinks I might be forgetting (like bringing signed paperwork back on my next visit). She also explained how I should use IVF medication properly and was happy to answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I think that this an overall great clinic. I did not encounter anyone who was unpleasant in any way. Everyone is very professional and attentive. The wait times are non-existent. If you make an appointent at 2pm they will call you in at 2pm 95% of the time. The remaining 5% of the time it will be by 2:15pm. The people at the front desk are friendly and communicative. Someone always answers the phone and whatever you're calling with will get taken care of right away whether it's that you need another prescription for a medication or to change your appointment time or anything else. Emails are always answered really quickly as well.
$11675 for egg retrieval and doctor's fees $3300 frozen embryo transfer $5200 for genetic testing of embryos IVF medication was separate and included birth control pills, injections, progesterone suppositories... probably totaling $2000-$3000 roughly.
She explained to me that my odds of conceiving (especially since I had done genetic testing on my embryos) were pretty high - about 70-80% per transfer. Therefore she did not recommend transferring more than 1 embryo at a time. She explained that twins carried more risks (such as premature birth and other complications) and it was just much better to have one healthy baby. I was in complete agreement with her and took her advice. It is definitely not worth it to try and save money by transferring multiple embryos and then ending up with twins and having numerous complications down the line. I trusted the science and knew that with such high odds I should just transfer 1 embryo at a time. It all worked perfectly.

2023, 13 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein was an outstanding doctor for this procedure (IVF/Egg Freezing)...balanced out the clinical side with the caregiving side in a way that made each appointment smooth and easy...Her use of rationing the medication was also so thoughtful and helpful to save money...she always made herself available
[Beverly Hills Fertility] was so great...financial staff was clear and communicative...facility was modern and clean. Everyone on staff there was so nice and helpful...staff she pulled together for the retrieval was great...has a great team together...went into the office I felt heard and comforted
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein was an outstanding doctor for this procedure (IVF/Egg Freezing). She balanced out the clinical side with the caregiving side in a way that made each appointment smooth and easy. I always felt like if I had a question it was answered. Though I didn't require any immediate communication, I know she always made herself available, which makes you feel better as a patient. She understood the process and was there to guide you along the way, predicting fears and confusion. I had a great experience.
Nothing that I can think of, you're in good hands.
The way Dr. Goldstein explained and translated everything clearly so that I was able to easily understand the process all along the way was very helpful and made me feel like she understood the common questions and concerns in an approachable way—that even though the numbers are the numbers, sometimes situations can be better or worse. I think she did a great job at managing expectations while making me feel heard. As a patient, I feel like she definitely created a safe environment.
Once we were in the treatment, Dr. Goldstein was clear on instructions and had videos pre-made that were definitely needed. Her strategy was simple there was nothing specific to stress out about which was great, but she also supported you if you wanted to follow anything (supplements, way of eating, etc). I didn't do anything specific and the results were better than predicted. Her use of rationing the medication was also so thoughtful and helpful to save money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mariam Diallo)
Mariam Diallo was incredible, I know she is no longer on the staff but I am positive they found a great replacement. She was really great. Kind, attentive, communicative and always available.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic was so great. The financial staff was clear and communicative. The facility was modern and clean. Everyone on staff there was so nice and helpful. The staff she pulled together for the retrieval was great. Dr. Goldstein has a great team together and I really couldn't have asked for a better experience—from the first visit to the final retrieval—everything was well worth it. Sometimes this can be an emotional experience but every time I went into the office I felt heard and comforted and it was that regimen and great experience that made it all worth it. I wouldn't have wanted to do this anywhere else.
Around $8,500

2023, 8 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein is exceptional at balancing compassionate counsel with pragmatic care. I never felt like I was being "babied" or talked down to, but I always felt like my questions were answered and I was being given the opportunity to be honest and open about my experience with egg freezing...As a plus, she's young, energetic, and genuine. I can't say enough wonderful things...I absolutely raved about Dr. Goldstein to friends and family members
I loved this clinic because you know exactly what you're getting. When I was researching clinics, I got very nervous that I would get randomly assigned to a doctor who was less experienced or qualified because of the volume. Having a clinic with a single doctor was so reassuring because I knew exactly who I was dealing with from the day of my consult. My only very minor critique is that the parking is an additional cost (not substantial but you need to remember to ask for validation).
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is exceptional at balancing compassionate counsel with pragmatic care. I never felt like I was being "babied" or talked down to, but I always felt like my questions were answered and I was being given the opportunity to be honest and open about my experience with egg freezing. I absolutely raved about Dr. Goldstein to friends and family members. When I went in for my consult, she was so patient with me and very kind when we discovered that my AFC was much lower than expected for my age. She advised me on steps that we could take to give me the best shot at collecting as many eggs as possible, and she absolutely nailed it. She projected that I could get 8 eggs at our consult, and that's exactly what I wound up with. As a plus, she's young, energetic, and genuine. I can't say enough wonderful things.
Prepare yourself to get an honest assessment of your prognosis--even if it's bad, you'll be supported along the way.
The support and attention I received from Dr. Goldstein and her staff was phenomenal. Even though she has an exceptionally busy practice, I always felt like staff carved out time to answer my questions and Dr. Goldstein made it a point to call me and check in after every major milestone. I had the opportunity to ask questions at any and all points of the process. On one occasion, I inadvertently lost a dose of my medication by pulling the syringe plunger out too far and had to panic-email Dr. Goldstein and my facilitator, Alondra. I got an immediate response and reassurance from Alondra that everything was okay, that they could make sure I got the requisite dose on time, and apologizing (to me!) for the stress.
Dr. Goldstein had me go off birth control for three months before I started the retrieval process. Once that was done, she prescribed me Estrace tablets for a period of about a week or so. She then had me stop taking the tablets before I started my injections.
Alondra and the entire team of nurses were so wonderful. They were always in touch and available, and they worked so hard. I don't think this office has any "off" days (my retrieval was on the Fourth of July) and they were still always sunny and warm and reassuring.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
All told, including medications, the cost of my care for a single cycle of egg freezing came to around $15,000.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Beverly Hills Fertility.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr.Golstein has been present and available at every appointment. She responds to emails and texts within hours and she takes time to explain every step of the process. She is kind and honest about results, both good and bad. It is clear she wants the patient to feel comfortable the entire time. She undersands the tremendous emotional and mental (not to mention physical) toll fertility treatments take on a woman.
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] clinic is beautiful and new. The waiting room is peaceful, quiet and pleasant to be in. The clinic is clean. I didn't see dust or dirt on the machines or baseboards. The experience in the clinic has always been pleasant and calming. There is also parking on site...all the nurses at Beverly Hills Fertility are incredible. They are kind, compassionate and open about information. They take time to explain injections and procedures. I always felt comfortable with every nurse I encountered and Christina is fantastic.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is a compassionate, honest and patient doctor and we felt comfortable the entire time we have worked with her. Our feritlity journey went like this: Learned I had low AMH and failure to conceive after 1 year; did 1 IUI with clomid; did 1 natural cycle with clomid; moved on to egg retrieval; had poor results (got 15 eggs but only 1 euploid embryo & 1 low mosaic), transfer of euploid failed; did more testing for inflammation and planned to transfer mosaic; testing for inflammation was positive and transfer was canceled; treated inflammation mutiple times and did another egg retrieval while waiting to be cleared to transfer; got MUCH better embryo results with the 2nd retrieval (18 eggs and 6 euploid embryos); inflammation cleared; transfer a euploid emrbyo from the 2nd retrieval; currently 4 weeks pregnant. During this entire process, Dr. Goldstein made our options clear and gave us great advice. Dr. Goldstein follows methods that are backed with strong scientific data and changes course when protocols aren't working. She does not tell the patient how to live or what to do, rather she makes recommendations that she knows work. She will never tell you to give up coffee or a glass of wine here or there!
If for whatever reason a part of the process seems unclear or uncomfortable, simply ask for clarification. Dr. Goldstein will always take time to explain procotols, options and procedures, and especially if you are feeling unsure.
During our first retrieval, we did a natural cycle retrival and a natural cycle transfer (following my normal path of ovulation). In both cases, I had poor results - only 1 euploid embryo from the retrieval and a failed transfer. For my second retrieval she suggested we do a luteal phase retrieval, which can sometimes yield better results for older patients with lower AMH (like me). In this case, the doctor retrieves eggs outside the normal cycle of ovulation. This worked SO much better for me: I got more eggs, more embryos and more euploids (6!!). With my transfer, we also did a medicated cycle and now I am pregnant. Although there are many factors that contribute to outcomes at every stage of the journey, I can't help but think that switching the protocol and trying something new may have helped a lot! Dr.Goldstein believes in trying new protocols when previous ones don't work. She isn't afraid to be creative and try new things.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Membrere)
Christina and all the nurses at Beverly Hills Fertility are incredible. They are kind, compassionate and open about information. They take time to explain injections and procedures. I always felt comfortable with every nurse I encountered and Christina is fantastic.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is beautiful and new. The waiting room is peaceful, quiet and pleasant to be in. The clinic is clean. I didn't see dust or dirt on the machines or baseboards. The experience in the clinic has always been pleasant and calming. There is also parking on site.
The costs at Beverly Hills Fertility are very competitive and not overpriced. The prices down in LA are much cheaper than in Northern CA, which is one of the reasons I chose to go to LA for treatment.
We were open with Dr. Goldstein about our goals for our desired family. She makes recommendations based on that and other factors, like maternal age. For us, she did not recommend transfer multiple embryos, as least not within the first few transfers. But she is not opposed to it if someone wants more children and has less time.

2021 - 2023, Successful
when I saw her [Dr. Goldstein] for the first time for a consultation. She pulled out a paper and pencil and proceeded to draw a funny diagram of the uterus, fallopian tubes, etc! I remember from that day how comfortable I felt with her and how I really liked her communication style...She talked me through everything, answered all my emails and questions promptly and we really felt taken care of through the whole process...
Beautiful, new and clean clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility]. Everyone is very nice, calm and friendly...Usually quick. Get in and get out. I usually didn’t have to wait very long to be seen....Her support staff, the patient care coordinators, of Beverly Hills Fertility were also amazing. They were so sweet, kind and supportive through all the ultrasounds, blood draws, egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and everything in between...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
After trying to get pregnant for about 6 months naturally, my OB had suggested I see a fertility doctor, Dr Ellen Goldstein. I remember when I saw her for the first time for a consultation. She pulled out a paper and pencil and proceeded to draw a funny diagram of the uterus, fallopian tubes, etc! I remember from that day how comfortable I felt with her and how I really liked her communication style. We started with an IUI. After 3 IUI’s with little success we all thought it was best to get a little more aggressive and do IVF. This is something I never thought I would have to do in my wildest dreams. I trusted in Dr Goldstein’s expertise and glad my husband and I did. She talked me through everything, answered all my emails and questions promptly and we really felt taken care of through the whole process. Her support staff, the patient care coordinators, of Beverly Hills Fertility were also amazing. They were so sweet, kind and supportive through all the ultrasounds, blood draws, egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and everything in between. We are now pregnant with our first little one, thanks to Dr Goldstein! We couldn’t be more pleased with the care we received.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
Beautiful, new and clean clinic. Everyone is very nice, calm and friendly. Early on in treatment, every time I would go to this office, it was FREEZING… especially on those days I had to undress from the waist down for ultrasounds. They did supply me with a warm, fuzzy blanket though :)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Roughly $25,000

2022, Successful
Dr. Goldstein is super reliable, compassionate and has the most steady hands...I have pretty low follicle counts comparing to other girls of my age, and my estradiol level was really low all the way through the stimulation. To cater for my personal situation, Dr. Goldstein would schedule additional appointments so she could closely monitor my follicle development and adjust meds based on my responses...after my retrievals, I almost didn't feel a thing...
The embryologist [at Beverly Hills Fertility] who handled my case, Dr. Liu, is one of the most experienced in the field and certainly is able to culture embryos to their greatest potentials! I remember one of mine was still in cleavage stage at day 5, but somehow it turned into a hatching blastocyst on day 6 under his treatment, and he also turned my two GV into M2, incredible!...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
I cannot express how lucky I was to have Dr. Goldstein as my RE, she is fantastic and helped me get the results that beyond my expectation. I have pretty low follicle counts comparing to other girls of my age, and my estradiol level was really low all the way through the stimulation. To cater for my personal situation, Dr. Goldstein would schedule additional appointments so she could closely monitor my follicle development and adjust meds based on my responses. Since my numbers were not so great, I had mentally prepared myself for a poor result. But it turned out, Dr. Goldstein was able to retrieve an optimal number of eggs that doubled my expectation and well enough for fertilization! I was so happy and surprised, and I don't think there could be any better results if not for her individualized adjustments on my protocol.
Do some research before deciding on a doctor. Of course, if you do your research, you will find Dr. Goldstein is one of the best (the best for me that's for sure), and you'll be in competent hands. She is completely professional, knowledgeable, and the most charismatic doctor I've ever encountered. Trust people who recommend her here, good reviews don't write themselves.
Dr. Goldstein is super reliable, compassionate and has the most steady hands. She answered every question I had and was always so gentle and calm while performing the ultrasound exam, and with great patience too. Besides, she is so skilled at her procedures that after my retrievals, I almost didn't feel a thing, and other patients I knew also didn't feel much pain and recovered very quickly. Dr. Goldstein has made this whole process so easy and comfortable.
I started with BCP suppression and then was given both Menopur and Follistim for stimulation, Dr. Goldstein started with small doses on me and added them incrementally throughout the process based on my responses, and I triggered with HCG. The eggs synchronized pretty nicely with 88% maturation rate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sora)
Sora is amazing! She is caring and responsive, a big helper! And the whole team is great too! They always produce positive ambience, making my every visit an enjoyable experience.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
This clinic has the full package. Not only does it have the best doctor, but it's also equipped with the best lab. The embryologist who handled my case, Dr. Liu, is one of the most experienced in the field and certainly is able to culture embryos to their greatest potentials! I remember one of mine was still in cleavage stage at day 5, but somehow it turned into a hatching blastocyst on day 6 under his treatment, and he also turned my two GV into M2, incredible!
Haven't done this yet.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Not only is she [ Dr. Goldstein] extremely knowledgeable, but she is also compassionate and truly cares about her patients. She did not recommend procedures that were not necessary just to get my money like another doctor did. She explained every step of the process and answered every single one of my many questions. She never tried to rush me or make me feel stupid for asking so many questions. She also was extremely responsive over email...
All of the staff [at Beverly Hills Fertility] were friendly, the facility was clean and sanitary, and there were nice amenities in the lobby. The one downside was the parking options are not great...Always willing to help and very knowledgeable about my situation and the entire IVF process. Caring, compassionate, and responsive. I was kept in constant communication about any appointments or action items that needed to be done....
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
After seeing several other fertility doctors, I can honestly say Dr. Goldstein is one of the best! Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, but she is also compassionate and truly cares about her patients. She did not recommend procedures that were not necessary just to get my money like another doctor did. She explained every step of the process and answered every single one of my many questions. She never tried to rush me or make me feel stupid for asking so many questions. She also was extremely responsive over email.
Ask a lot of questions and listen to her. She knows what she is talking about and will not do anything that you are not comfortable with. You may not get the results you want right away, but trust the process.
Dr. Goldstein has great care and compassion towards her patients. She always makes you feel comfortable and answers any questions you may have.
I did an "old school" fresh IVF transfer. Given my age and budget, this was the best option. I used all medications as prescribed and was expecting about 5-6 eggs. However, Dr. Goldstein said that I most likely ovulated early because I only ending up getting 2 eggs and embryos out of the process. Unfortunately, neither embryo was viable. We talked after the process about what we will do differently for the next cycle and I felt confident going in to do another round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Fantastic! Always willing to help and very knowledgeable about my situation and the entire IVF process. Caring, compassionate, and responsive. I was kept in constant communication about any appointments or action items that needed to be done.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
I was very happy with the clinic. All of the staff were friendly, the facility was clean and sanitary, and there were nice amenities in the lobby. The one downside was the parking options are not great.
Costs were comparable with other clinics that I had researched.
I only had two embryos to transfer and she recommended we do both of them to increase my chances. I definitely agreed with this approach.

2021, Unknown Success
There were a couple of times when there were scheduling mixups that were definitely because my care coordinator [at Reproductive Fertility] told me a different date then what she wrote down. And there was also one time when she drew blood and just walked away at the end with no bandaid given or anything. It felt like she was always very very rushed...There were always follow up calls from staff. They also accommodated me on days when their staff might have otherwise been on holiday
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
My experience with Dr Goldstein as an IUI patient for four cycles was very pleasant. She explained all options and potential outcomes very clearly and helped us manage expectations. After my 4th unsuccessful IUI cycle, she reached out to see how things were going since I hadn’t booked another one, and the concern seemed genuine. I’ve since become pregnant naturally (I’m at 9 weeks and I became pregnant two cycles after my last IUI).
Ask as many questions as possible, no matter how off-the-walk they seem to you or if you feel you may come off uneducated. Dr. Goldstein will answer any and all questions with zero ego and a full intention to inform you of all details involved with your fertility journey.
Dr. Goldstein had lovely bedside manner during all 4 IUI treatments we did with her. She also made sure to always personally follow up with me which made me feel very cared for.
Since my insurance covers nothing fertility-related, my partner and I could only afford to try IUI, not IVF. So we did 4 cycles. Each cycle was accompanied by a timed trigger shot and fertility meds (Clomid three times and Letrozole once because Clomid gave me headaches and hot flashes).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Zinnia)
There were a couple of times when there were scheduling mixups that were definitely because my care coordinator told me a different date then what she wrote down. And there was also one time when she drew blood and just walked away at the end with no bandaid given or anything. It felt like she was always very very rushed. But nonetheless, I really enjoyed seeing her because she has a pleasant and upbeat attitude which is nice in an environment like that.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Everyone there is extremely kind and attentive. The environment is clean and comfortable. There were always follow up calls from staff. They also accommodated me on days when their staff might have otherwise been on holiday because they wanted to make sure they got the timing right.
I believe each round of IUI was roughly $1,300 out of pocket since I have no insurance coverage for fertility visits. There was also a fee of roughly $100 for blood testing.