9.9

9.8

9.7
9.7

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
UCLA and Cedars-Sinai Medical Centers

Ellen Goldstein works at

10390 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

2020, 21 Eggs Frozen
Single egg freezing treatment [at Reproductive Fertility]: $5100 Anesthesia: $500 Operating Room Fee: $1500 Cryopreservation of egg: $1200 Per cycle...The clinic is very boutique feeling in a central location. Parking is a bit annoying and can get expensive but you can sometimes find street parking if you plan ahead. If you're just going for a blood draw, let the valet know and they won't take your car far. The front desk/billing department responding in a timely manner and my experiences were fine, however, there were times with other patients who I presume were in more sensitive situations than I, that I felt the compassion and care Dr Goldstein and Gunay show wasn't quite there and that at times, they were treated simply as a person who owes a bill. while this doesn't impede the care in any way, it's something to be aware of and be sure that you fully understand the pricing and terms. Read the contract thoroughly. I did and did not have any questions or issues but this is the only area where I witnessed some area of concern or question.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein's communication and bedside manner are unmatched. She has this way of putting you at ease. She has genuine care and compassion and adjusts treatment based on what's best for you, understanding it's not always the outcome or information you want to hear. In my first cycle, I was not responding to the medication as we had anticipated. At my consult, I had I believe 17 follicles showing. On day 5, I had only 9 follicles and they were all growing very small. She expressed I might be a rare case that she might recommend cancelling. Because finances were not an issue for me regarding medication, she encouraged us to wait two more days to see the results and for me to de-stress as much as possible. I did and when I came back, my numbers had made a pretty significant rebound. We did have to adjust my number of days of stimulation but we ultimately ended up with 12 frozen eggs. Going from a potential cancellation to 12 eggs was just incredible and I'm thankful for her expertise and glad we held out. I wanted to do two back to back cycles but my numbers just weren't looking great so while we could have in theory proceeded, she advised me to wait and give myself a break. While disappointing, I appreciated her advice and the second cycle eventually occurred with another round of success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Come prepared with your questions, but don't stress if you don't know what to ask. She will educate you every step of the way and you can trust she's not out to just get money. She will always recommend what's best for you, but also understands this is a physical, mental, and financially tolling process. Based on your needs in each of those spaces, she will tailor her approach to how you address if things don't go as planned. I no longer live in LA but would happily fly back if I do another round or need to go through IVF in the future - she's that good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein has the most incredible bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. This is NOT an exaggeration. Fertility decisions are never easy, whether you're faced with the unexpected or are trying to plan. It is an extremely personal process with a physical and emotional toll. I had my consultation with Dr. Goldstein who instead of diving into statistics or the numbers, started by getting to know me as a human including why I was pursuing this path, where I was at in life, what kind of support I had throughout the upcoming process, etc and she tailored her care and support to match. The "data" and numbers came only after there was an established mutual respect and trust that she cared about ME. I left the consultation feeling truly empowered and that she was going to be by my side the entire way. And I was right. My first injection was scheduled to be the day their office shut down due to the Pandemic in the early days in Mar 2020. The devastation and unknowns were heartbreaking (especially as a single woman) but she helped level with me and I felt tremendously supported during a time of uneasiness for everyone. She checked in over the coming weeks just to see how I was doing and update me on the latest and when we got the green light to move forward again, she was ready. This time I had less support than I had anticipated due to the pandemic and again, as a single woman, I felt like she was the emotional support I needed. I didn't just feel like I had a knowledgeable practitioner, I felt like I had a friend who genuinely cared about me and looking back, I can't imagine having gone through this process with some of the dr's my friends have used. She performed every one of my ultrasounds, called with all of my results, always made sure I was knowledgeable about my levels, how many follicles I had, what sizes they were, and most importantly, educated me continuously at each and every visit. I never once felt lost or in the dark about what was to come and I know so much more about fertility in general thanks to her. When I went to do my second cycle, my body wasn't ready and she found the best way to share the news that I should take a break. We could have pushed forward but she wanted the best results for me. When I did resume for the second cycle after a short break, she carefully considered the adjustments we would make and I had another positive outcome.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
First round: Birth Control Menopur Gonal F Cetrotide Novarel Second round (I think this is what I took - might be off on one of these): No birth control (it suppressed my ovaries too much) Menopur Gonal F Lupron Pregnyl Rationale for changing up the second round is that the birth control seemed to suppress my ovaries and my eggs were not all grow at the same size (there was one too large from very early on). The second round, all my eggs grew at the appropriate sizes and together. We suspect the stress of Covid, BLM, and having to start/stop treatment and unknowns related to covid played a factor in my slightly lower than expected numbers (when I destressed, numbers went up). She also recommended some great therapists to speak with since I was suddenly alone, in lockdown, doing this challenging alone. I found an incredible and experienced fertility therapist who really helped as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Gunay)
Gunay was absolutely incredible. My pharmacy told me that her notes regarding my prescription were the most clear, detailed notes they'd ever seen! She was incredibly timely in responding with any questions that I had and ensuring I understood everything Dr. Goldstein stated. She was always the last person I spoke with before leaving the office. She had an equally warm and compassionate bedside manner and approach. There were other nurses who did my blood draw and while my interactions were minimal, all were friendly and helped distract me (I'm terrified of needles). Gunay and Dr. Goldstein are a power couple in my opinion.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility.
Single egg freezing treatment: $5100 Anesthesia: $500 Operating Room Fee: $1500 Cryopreservation of egg: $1200 Per cycle
West Hollywood

The office [Reproductive Fertility] is beautiful, and the staff was always welcoming and helpful. It's a comfortable place. All interactions I have had here have been lovely, and I'd highly recommend it. The clinic's website is also great; easy to navigate, and contains a wealth of information...I was always able to find an appointment time that worked well with my schedule. Our IVF cycle was very successful, and thanks to Dr. Goldstein’s communication and compassion, I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process. I always knew what to expect, and as a result the stress level was very low. We are incredibly grateful to have 11 beautiful, genetically normal embryos.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
My husband and I sought treatment from Dr. Goldstein after experiencing our third consecutive miscarriage. We were heartbroken, exhausted, anxious - all the feelings that accompany loss of this magnitude. Dr. Goldstein gave us hope, and helped me to find the courage necessary to continue our journey. I am so deeply thankful to have found her, and cannot emphasize enough how comfortable I was throughout my IVF journey thanks to her outstanding care. First and foremost, Dr. Goldstein took the time to ensure that my husband and I were active participants in our care. She completed a very thorough diagnostic workup that covered all bases. She discovered a small amount of scar tissue in my uterus, and recommended a hysteroscopy to remove it. My husband and felt comfortable and confident going into the surgery, and it went beautifully. After the hysteroscopy, we decided we wanted to pursue IVF, and Dr. Goldstein walked us through what the process would look like. She provided expert medical recommendations, but never pushed us in a specific direction. Instead she made sure we had the knowledge we needed to determine what course of action we were comfortable with, and supported us in our decision. Throughout the entire process, Dr. Goldstein was very hands-on. I saw her for every one of my appointments, and she preformed all my procedures. Her communication was exemplary; far above and beyond that of any other physician I’ve had. Dr. Goldstein personally responded to all inquiries quickly, including those I had on evenings and weekends. She also proactively reached out with frequent updates so we were always very well informed about where we were in the process. Dr. Goldstein and her office were also flexible, and I was always able to find an appointment time that worked well with my schedule. Our IVF cycle was very successful, and thanks to Dr. Goldstein’s communication and compassion, I felt at ease and comfortable throughout the entire process. I always knew what to expect, and as a result the stress level was very low. We are incredibly grateful to have 11 beautiful, genetically normal embryos.
Dr. Goldstein truly made my husband and I feel like valued members of a team throughout our treatment process. From day one, she ensured we felt comfortable and confident in our understanding of our diagnosis and subsequent treatment. She is extremely accessible and lightning fast in her responses to any inquiries we had. We always felt valued, prioritized, and included every step of the way. We both feel incredibly lucky to have found such a dedicated, knowledgable and compassionate physician to care for us on our journey.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The office is beautiful, and the staff was always welcoming and helpful. It's a comfortable place. All interactions I have had here have been lovely, and I'd highly recommend it. The clinic's website is also great; easy to navigate, and contains a wealth of information.
2020, Unsuccessful
I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp in my uterus [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]. This step was done first before I started my IUI cycle... She has made sure I have understood all my options every step of the way. She has called me, emailed and during these uncertain times she's set up a phone meeting so we can plan our next steps once we have the green light. I am so grateful I found her and no matter what my results are, I know I have a doctor on my side that holds my best interest at heart.
I was assigned Kyra as my nurse [at Reproductive Fertility] , I would receive emails and phone calls keeping me informed of appointments and what I should expect...It's a beautiful and clean space. The waiting room, even though I am not ever waiting for long, is very comfortable. Every room I have been is clean and maintained. It doesn't feel like a doctors office, especially none of the ones I've been in...I had a Hysteroscopy to remove the polyp in my uterus. This step was done first before I started my IUI cycle.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is the first doctor that took the time to explain why I am having difficulty conceiving. She has the prefect marriage of honesty and compassion without making you feel dim-witted. Within the first week of meeting her she scheduled a saline ultrasound that allowed her to see that I had polyps in my uterus. I feel like I have moved forward and have gotten so much accomplished within four months of knowing and working with her.
I'd say meet with her. She does have your back. I was so vulnerable our first meeting and she has shown me that I can trust her.
I honestly I am so happy to be working with Dr. Goldstein. She has made sure I have understood all my options every step of the way. She has called me, emailed and during these uncertain times she's set up a phone meeting so we can plan our next steps once we have the green light. I am so grateful I found her and no matter what my results are, I know I have a doctor on my side that holds my best interest at heart.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kyra)
When I was assigned Kyra as my nurse, I would receive emails and phone calls keeping me informed of appointments and what I should expect.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I was fortunate that I only had to pay out of pocket for one procedure, hysterscopy. I called many hospitals in the area and found paying the $3,000 was the best option, financially.

2017 - 2019, Successful
my case was complicated by chronic endometritis with significant inflammation and Dr. Goldstein tailored the approach to ensure the best possible outcome (I only had two viable embryos, so it was important to do everything possible for a successful transfer). Ultimately, I underwent immunosuppression leading up to and following the transfer and am now almost 8-weeks pregnant...she never makes you feel judged, instead providing reassurance and answering questions with warmth and empathy.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility] is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Allow time for parking, as it can be a little difficult (street parking is available, though sometimes not very close, depending on time of appointment)...Dr. Goldstein approached my treatment in a very individualized way, tailoring the plan to my unique needs, both with my first child (Dr. Goldstein went against “protocol” to ensure the best outcome given my body’s response to certain injectables) and with my current pregnancy (tirelessly researching and consulting with other experts in the field to maximize the chance of IVF success despite my chronic endometritis with significant inflammation).
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I could not be happier with Dr. Goldstein. I first saw her in 2017 at Kaiser after two other IUIs and a miscarriage. Despite Kaiser’s protocol, she decided to adjust the approach (gonal-f vs another menopur cycle) based on my history and risk factors, which resulted in my beautiful baby girl. After multiple failed IUIs at Kaiser in 2019, I decided to pursue IVF with Dr. Goldstein at her private practice. At that point, significant inflammation was noted on endometrial biopsy and I was diagnosed with chronic endometritis, thought to reflect infection from prior IUI. Dr. Goldstein did everything possible to ensure a good outcome despite this complication (e.g., researching, consulting, working with lab techs to figure out a way to culture my samples to obtain more information for better treatment planning). She explained all my options thoroughly and with empathy, every step of the way. When it became more apparent that my inflammation was likely an autoimmune response (as opposed to infection), she consulted with colleagues from across the nation to develop an immunosupression plan for my FET. I am now almost 8-weeks pregnant (strong heartbeat, on-track development).
IVF is scary, so share any and all of your worries with Dr. Goldstein - she never makes you feel judged, instead providing reassurance and answering questions with warmth and empathy.
2017: Gonal-f IUI - she chose Gonal-f (vs menopur) since my body did not respond well to menopur (my lining was very thin and I ended up miscarrying at almost 7-weeks during the previous cycle). This was at Kaiser, so I was not always scheduled to see her, and when another doctor told me I had to try another cycle with menopur first (as per Kaiser protocol), I asked for Dr. Goldstein and she advocated for me. This resulted in my daughter. 2019: Egg retrieval, FET (5-day) - as I described earlier, my case was complicated by chronic endometritis with significant inflammation and Dr. Goldstein tailored the approach to ensure the best possible outcome (I only had two viable embryos, so it was important to do everything possible for a successful transfer). Ultimately, I underwent immunosuppression leading up to and following the transfer and am now almost 8-weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic is clean, comfortable, and welcoming. Allow time for parking, as it can be a little difficult (street parking is available, though sometimes not very close, depending on time of appointment).
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
Dr. Goldstein highly recommended eSET for me for several reasons. My first pregnancy was complicated (my daughter was born preterm and with low birth weight following a rare placental abnormality) and a multiple pregnancy would increase my risk of complications this time around. With the chronic endometritis, we also did not want to transfer both of my viable embryos together, in case the inflammation interfered with implantation, etc. (better to have a second chance than losing them both at once).
Burbank (closed)

Dr. Goldstein always took care to listen to all of my questions and did everything she could to give me the most information. She has the most calm and gentle bedside manner, but at the same time comes across extremely confident and knowledgeable. I always felt like she prioritized me and my partner's situation - but I'm sure she makes all of her patients feel that way because she is just so sincere!...She always followed up with me herself - not through a nurse - even letting me know I could call her in the evening if I had questions about a new medication/dosing procedure. She's fantastic. I can't say enough good things about my experiences as her patient.
The nurses here [Reproductive Fertility] are all nice and try to do everything they can to meet your needs and answer your questions...The one complaint I have about the clinic is the accounting department. The way they process your charges and calculate your totals are not on time, not transparent, and hardly ever pro-active. I am always approaching them asking for an update. They don't reach out to me on their own...I believe for 3 IVF cycles (one had to be converted into an IUI because I didn't have too many f
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is very knowledgeable and thoughtful about her approach to infertility. She really does take each case individually, and takes time to make decisions that she thinks would be best to give you the best results. I always felt like she tried to provide me with the best possible solutions/medications/strategies to help us conceive. I always saw Dr. Goldstein when I came for my appointments, and she even came early at 7:30 am because she knew my work day started so early. She always followed up with me herself - not through a nurse - even letting me know I could call her in the evening if I had questions about a new medication/dosing procedure. She's fantastic. I can't say enough good things about my experiences as her patient.
Don't look anywhere else - she's an amazing physician who is ALWAYS looking out for you and your best interest.
I remember that for my first IVF cycle, I wasn't taking anything except my usual prenatal pills, folic acid and calcium supplements. For my next cycle, she recommended that I take an additional 4- 5 supplements which she said might produce better follicular counts. In addition, she slightly changed the medications I used from one cycle to the next, again, because she believed they would produce better results for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kyra Jackson)
The nurses here are all nice and try to do everything they can to meet your needs and answer your questions.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I would recommend this clinic because of Dr. Goldstein alone. She's the best doctor I've ever had, and especially for a such a sensitive and emotional time in my life, I'm so lucky to have found her. The one complaint I have about the clinic is the accounting department. The way they process your charges and calculate your totals are not on time, not transparent, and hardly ever pro-active. I am always approaching them asking for an update. They don't reach out to me on their own.
I don't have the exact figures, but they were running a promotion at the time we first started seeing the clinic. I believe for 3 IVF cycles (one had to be converted into an IUI because I didn't have too many follicles that cycle), it was roughly $30K. Please note: we already had 80% of our medications, so we only had to buy 20%, and that is not included in the $30K figure.
Burbank (closed)

Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. ...Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome....I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical case
They [Reproductive Fertility] were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen [Goldstein] communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team...The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients..... She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
After we saw Dr. Ellen, we became pregnant two times on our own without medical intervention and sadly suffered devastating miscarriages at 8 and 13 weeks respectively. Dr. Ellen was consistently involved, present, and intimately involved with the entire care team to review results and develop a course of action for both my reproductive future and my health. Following the second miscarriage, Ellen successfully diagnosed me as suffering from a rare condition known as anti-phospholipid syndrome. With that she developed treatment options while also providing an immensely caring resource to help my husband and I through this tragic period. She was warm and emotionally involved throughout my entire medical saga using her emotional intelligence and vast medical knowledge.
I would unconditionally recommend Dr. Ellen Goldstein to any patient who is looking for a charismatic, exceptionally bright, and compassionate doctor to handle the most complicated of medical cases. She is highly trained, incredibly experienced, and approaches each patient with the utmost determination. I would advise all of her patients to approach Dr. Ellen with an open transparent attitude and a cooperative desire to build their team for their reproductive future.
Dr. Ellen was exemplary in all capacities. We arrived to Dr. Ellen with unexplained infertility after trying for over a year. Ellen undertook thorough diagnostics of both myself and my partner in order to develop a treatment plan. She was consistently on top of information, compassionate, and extremely accessible. Following the results of her meticulous studies, she recommended treatment with IUI and clomid. However we finally got pregnant on our own.
We started to get pregnant on our own following our workup and Ellen's close monitoring. Sadly for our case of unexplained fertility and recurrent pregnancy loss stemming from undiagnosed LUPUS, anti-phospholipid syndrome, and what would later become the most severe form of preeclampsia, HELP syndrome in which I lost my 3rd pregnancy and nearly died. Had it not been for Ellen, I would have died. She was the leader of of OBGYN team, and was constantly involved with 65 specialists from 15 specialties at UCLA Ronald Reagan as they fought for my life. Even as I spent 7 days in ICU, Dr. Ellen was constantly involved, watching my medical data and providing feedback, leadership, and support to my family and husband as I was incapacitated.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
They were caring, responsive, and well coordinated. Watching Dr. Ellen communicate with her team demonstrated her commitment not only to patients but also her colleagues. It was easy to see that her entire practice is one of respect between the physician and their nursing team.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The Fertility Clinic is well managed, responsive to patients, and an efficient vehicle for this excellent doctor to treat their patients. I recommend this environment to all patients. Because we didn't do treatment here given most of my medical treatment in the hospital. As such, I don't have much to comment.
We didn't do treatment and got pregnant on our own.
We did not do IVF. We no input on this.
West Hollywood

Dr. Goldstein is an RE that whispers the word “intercourse.” She made me feel like IUI would solve all or problems.... I did three of my six unmedicated, and then heard from Dr. Goldstein that if she had realized it was my third that she would have recommended medication.... She never knew what was happening or who I was when I came in the clinic if I was not assigned to see her that day.... The dosage of clomid did nothing for me but thin my lining.
You are just a number. No one knows or remembers you. They [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] don’t know where you are at in your infertility journey, and they don’t seem to care. They don’t respect your time and even try to cancel appointments day of. You will almost never speak to the same person twice. Every appointment feels like you are starting over and having to explain yourself again and again.... They never passed on any of my concerns to the doctor in charge of my care.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Dr. Goldstein is an RE that whispers the word “intercourse.” She made me feel like IUI would solve all or problems. But she also didn’t pay attention to where we were at in our allotment of partially covered IUIs. I feel like I wasted time and wasn’t given all the information I needed to make wise decisions. I almost never saw her directly or got to speak with her directly until I refused to speak to anyone but her. She was kind at that point and called me saying she didn’t realize that I felt communication was lacking. And after that cycle failed, I never heard from her again. Despite having one more IUI I could try. I will skip that because I would do anything not to go back. I know she has her own clinic outside of what my insurance covers, but I would never choose her as a physician.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
First, ask for someone else. Second, if you must see her, make sure she communicates all the details. That she explains medications, side effects, what you can expect. Find out how involved she will be and request that you see her. Be your own advocate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
The kaiser facility makes every patient just a number. You are constantly being shuffled between doctors and there is almost no communication with the doctor in charge of your care.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Kaiser Permanente SoCal and their degree of success.
I don’t think there was a strategy. I think I was always an after thought. They allowed me to start off with unmedicated cycles, but didn’t pay attention to how many had been done that way. I did three of my six unmedicated, and then heard from Dr. Goldstein that if she had realized it was my third that she would have recommended medication. So, I feel like that one was a waste. She never knew what was happening or who I was when I came in the clinic if I was not assigned to see her that day. The dosage of clomid did nothing for me but thin my lining. I was then moved to menopur injections which also didn’t seem to have much of an effect. I never knew what was to be expected. How many visits I might have, etc. I truly felt there was no protocol for me specifically.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
I never saw the same nurse twice. For the most part they were just neutral. In and out and done. I did have one specific nurse at my very first appointment tell me that I just shouldn’t stress and I would probably get pregnant. This was after handing me a packet that had things you could ask family to do for you which included letting them know that telling you not to stress was not helpful.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
You are just a number. No one knows or remembers you. They don’t know where you are at in your infertility journey, and they don’t seem to care. They don’t respect your time and even try to cancel appointments day of. You will almost never speak to the same person twice. Every appointment feels like you are starting over and having to explain yourself again and again.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
My insurance covered 50% of my care. Every visit just to the office was about $150. The last IUI with injectables cost about $3,000 all together.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
No IVF with her.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
This clinic is Kaiser at Sunset. They canceled appointments, did not answer phones, did not communicate effectively. They never passed on any of my concerns to the doctor in charge of my care.
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles

Dr. Goldstein takes the time to fully explain risks, process and outcomes. She is very empathetic, and sympathetic to my needs as a woman, and my uneasiness with medical procedures. She is also very good about following up and checking in with me, on a fertility level and a personal level....She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility Center] had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. ...We had a lot of miscommunications with our first clinic nurse, because of which, we were given a new nurse. The first nurse lost some paperwork and failed to call us with results of one blood work lab.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I have had a generally good experience overall. Even with all the stresses with the ups and downs of IVF, Dr. Goldstein has done a good job keeping our expectations real and stress to a manageable level. My egg retrieval went smoothly, and we had a successful transfer. She took the time to walk us through the benefits of freezing our embryos to do a natural cycle transfer. And she personally calls to check in when needed.
Just be patient and try to keep stress to a minium
A discussion of doing a frozen transfer vs a fresh transfer, of which we chose a frozen transfer. Dr. Goldstein wanted to be careful to avoid hyperstimulated ovaries. We froze 10 embryos, then did a transfer a month later during a natural cycle using a ovalution kit. She walked us through the process, and we liked how most of the IVF drugs would be out of my system for the transfer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
We had to change nurses a half way through our first IVF cycle because we were getting poor communication with the nurse. Once we were given a new nurse we had better communication and things went more smoothly. The nurses were attentive and good at taking labs. Phone calls and email follow-ups were a little delayed at some points in the process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic had flexible hours and were able to accommodate our schedule and work needs. The have a clean facility. The staff is generally friendly and kind. Some of the clinic paperwork was hard to follow and not filed correctly so we had to fill it out again- so just be diligent while going through the consents, bills, etc. Some of the wait times were long during the early morning appointments, but for the most part the clinic is efficient.
Our fees and costs were itemized: Doctor fees, medications, labs fees, egg retrieval, embryo creation, freezing, hatching, transfer
Dr. Goldstein has a strong preference for single embryo transfers given my age (35) and desire for one child. She said we can talk about 2 embryo transfers if we have trouble with implantation or carrying, at a later date if we choose.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
LGBTQ+
EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL IUI SHE [Dr. Ellen Goldstein] WOULD ADD/CHANGE MEDICATION AND TEST STRATEGIES TO HELP GIVE IT THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE EACH TIME...I STARTED SEEING HER TO TRY FERTILITY TREATMENTS (IUI) USING CLOMID & INJECTABLES & TRIGGER SHOTS. WE TRIED 5 CYCLES, AND IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL FOR ME AS WELL. SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL WITH IVF, BUT THAT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY WIFE AND I.
THEY [Kaiser Permanente SoCal] WERE ALL GREAT, KIND AND EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING...DURING THE LAST CYCLE I DID, NEAR TO THE END OF THE CYCLE. THE LAB GAVE THE WRONG RESULTS FOR AN ESTRADIOL TEST AND THE DOCTORS THOUGHT I OVULATED ON MY OWN SO I HAD TO GO BACK QUICKLY FOR AN IUI, BUT THEY RETESTED AND I DIDN'T OVULATE YET SO THE IUI WAS UNSUCCESSFUL BECAUSE THE TEST RESULTS WERE WRONG.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
SHE WAS GREAT BUT HER PATIENT LOAD THAT KAISER PUT ON THE FERTILITY DEPARTMENT PREVENTED HER FROM TAKING EXTRA TIME DURING PROCEDURES OR EXAMS TO SPEND EXTRA TIME WITH HER PATIENTS. SHE TOOK EXTRA TIME TO ANSWER QUESTIONS DURING THE CONSULTATIONS AND TO GO OVER TEST RESULTS.
SHE WILL DO HER BEST TO HELP YOU MEDICALLY TO HAVE A SUCCESSFUL PREGNANCY AS WELL AS BEING HONEST WITH YOU WHEN THERE IS NO CHANCE AS WITNESSED WITH MY WIFE'S INFERTILITY.
SHE TOOK THE TIME TO GO OVER THE TEST RESULTS IN DETAIL. SHE WAS VERY THOROUGH AND WAS FRANK ABOUT MY WIFE & I FERTILITY TREATMENTS. FIRST MY AFRICAN AMERICAN WIFE WAS SEEING HER FOUND OUT THAT HER FIBROIDS PREVENTED HER FROM FURTHER TREATMENT. THEN I STARTED SEEING HER TO TRY FERTILITY TREATMENTS (IUI) USING CLOMID & INJECTABLES & TRIGGER SHOTS. WE TRIED 5 CYCLES, AND IT WAS UNSUCCESSFUL FOR ME AS WELL. SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD BE SUCCESSFUL WITH IVF, BUT THAT IS JUST TOO EXPENSIVE FOR MY WIFE AND I.
EVERY UNSUCCESSFUL IUI SHE WOULD ADD/CHANGE MEDICATION AND TEST STRATEGIES TO HELP GIVE IT THE BEST CHANCE POSSIBLE EACH TIME. WE WERE USING DONOR SPERM FROM THE CALIFORNIA CRYOBANK, SOMETIMES IT IS MORE SUCCESSFUL WITH IUI'S USING LIVE SPERM.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
THEY WERE ALL GREAT, KIND AND EXPLAIN WHAT WAS HAPPENING.
Describe your experience with Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
TOO MANY PATIENTS, LONG WAIT TIMES. APPOINTMENT TIMES WERE ALMOST ALWAYS NOT OBSERVED. YOU WOULD HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR 8AM AND NOT BE TAKEN IN TILL 830 AND NOT SEEN FOR ANOTHER 1/2 HR. ALSO THEY HAD SATURDAY HOURS BUT NOT SUNDAY. SO YOUR CYCLE NEEDED TO BE WORKED AROUND SUNDAY CLOSURE AND AVAIL APPOINTMENT TIMES.
EACH CYCLE ENDED UP BEING ABOUT $1450.00. ~ 5 VISITS $40 COPAY, $250 FOR MEDS & $1000 FOR SPERM. SO FOR 5 CYCLES IT WAS APPROX $7250. NOT COUNTING THE TIME OFF WORK AND THE GAS DRIVING TO THE KAISER FACILITY ON SUNSET FOR EVERY APPOINTMENT.
What specific things went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kaiser Permanente SoCal.
Kaiser Permanente SoCal
Los Angeles

With Dr. Goldstein, she made us feel like we were a priority. She was honest with us, but we also felt like there was still hope. She was readily available to us if we had any questions.... I have already recommended Dr. Goldstein to friends. She was compassionate and professional. We always felt comfortably asking questions and she put our fears at ease. We always felt that no question was dumb and that we could rely on her to do what was best for our infertility case.
Great facility [Reproductive Fertility]. Clean and professional. We had no issues with the clinic. They made sure that we were taken care of. We were in and out quickly for appointments. The facility was decorated nicely. The only inconvenience was trying to find parking....The nursing staff was great overall! They were responsive to questions and compassionate as well.... Total cost including surgery for my husband, medication, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer came out around $20,000.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
With Dr. Goldstein, she made us feel like we were a priority. She was honest with us, but we also felt like there was still hope. She was readily available to us if we had any questions. We always received a prompt response from her or her staff.
My husband had to have surgery in order to retrieve sperm. Once that was complete, we had to do an egg retrieval. Medication: 1 Cetrotide 2 300 Gonal F pens (minus 150) 1 900 Gonal F pen 2 Menopur 2 Lupron (trigger shots) Progesterone (vaginal inserts)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Great facility. Clean and professional. We had no issues with the clinic. They made sure that we were taken care of. We were in and out quickly for appointments. The facility was decorated nicely. The only inconvenience was trying to find parking.
Dr. Goldstein wanted to do one embryo transfer because I am young and I did not have the fertility issues. She also said that transferring multiple embryos did not increase the odds of a successful transfer.
2014 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Goldstein] was my doctor with my 6 IUIs and my husband and I decided when it came time to try IVF that we wanted her to be our doctor. ... Always willing to accommodate our schedules. ... We liked that she was familiar with us and knew our journey. She took the time to explain all of our options and invested her time in us. After a procedure she would call and see how we were doing.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility - West Hollywood] was really good at getting you in and out on time. They were open early to accommodate appointments before work. The staff always greeted you with a smile. They had good communication with what your next steps were. ... We used three different pharmacies to get the most cost efficient medication.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr.Goldstein was an amazing doctor. She was my doctor with my 6 IUIs and my husband and I decided when it came time to try IVF that we wanted her to be our doctor. We liked that she was familiar with us and knew our journey. She took the time to explain all of our options and invested her time in us. After a procedure she would call and see how we were doing. Always willing to accommodate our schedules.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is always available and willing to answer questions.
DR. Goldstein took the times to explain the procedure and made sure we understood what our next steps were.
We started out with injections and we were going to do a fresh transfer, my body didn't react well to the egg retrieval and decided to do a frozen transfer instead. We got pregnant on the first try!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic was really good at getting you in and out on time. They were open early to accommodate appointments before work. The staff always greeted you with a smile. They had good communication with what your next steps were.
Dr. Goldstein was very conscious of the cost. She was willing research the best prices on medications needed. We used three different pharmacies to get the most cost efficient medication.
West Hollywood
First we tried egg retrival with genetic testing [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]. It didnt work out. So she suggested we try fresh transfer the second time. And thats when it worked for us...She was very candid and straight forward. She even gave us her personal phone number to reach her at anytime...She was very informative. Her knowledge was very good. She offered us different options. She was very attentive to us. She made sure we were confortable trying treatments. She was very punctual. She made sure we understood everything.
Clinic parking was very expensive [at Reproductive Fertility], however their was plenty parking on the street. Clinic was very clean nice, fancy and confortable to be at. They do the retrieval in the same building. Definitely would recommend the clinic as a good place to go...They were always making sure we were ok. And were very caring to making us feel confortable
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Make sure Ellen Golstein Is available thru your treatment.
First we tried egg retrival with genetic testing. It didnt work out. So she suggested we try fresh transfer the second time. And thats when it worked for us
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Clinic parking was very expensive, however their was plenty parking on the street. Clinic was very clean nice, fancy and confortable to be at. They do the retrieval in the same building. Definitely would recommend the clinic as a good place to go,
Ellen Godlstein was very consionsce of the moeny we spent.
West Hollywood

Throughout my experience (which ultimately led to a successful outcome), Dr Goldstein was incredibly knowledgeable and supportive and went above and beyond to answer my questions in between appointments. She was also conscious of the expense that can come with fertility treatments, and helped me navigate the many options available with that in mind. I've never felt so much support from a doctor before. I would highly recommend her for anyone looking for fertility treatment.
The [Reproductive Fertility] clinic was well located and organized. always easy to find street parking and to get an appointment . I rarely had to wait long to see my doctor. the staff were welcoming and helpful with the coordination of my medications and visits...Dr Goldstein has an amazing way of making her clients feel seen and heard. She was able to effectively communicate my situation, and my options moving forward in easy to understand language. plus she was readily available out of hours for any questions or concerns I had.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
None needed. She will guide you through the process without needing to be prepared for anything.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic was well located and organized. always easy to find street parking and to get an appointment . I rarely had to wait long to see my doctor. the staff were welcoming and helpful with the coordination of my medications and visits.

2022, Successful
Dr. G makes herself available via email to the patient and never let more than an hour go by before responding to any concern or test result, which was so comforting when you are going through this journey. She is truly dedicated to her patients, coming in on a Saturday or Sunday if that’s the day that is best for the patient’s procedure...was very attentive with each scan, making small changes to meds to achieve the best outcome
I can’t say enough kind words about this practice [Beverly Hills Fertility], I felt truly cared for. I can see that each person who works there wants success for every patient, and they take the time to talk when a cycle doesn’t work out or the journey gets difficult. When I got my positive pregnancy test and saw the team for my first few ultrasounds and blood tests, it felt like we all won!
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. G was the only doctor who met with me in person, although in a post Covid world, it seemed important to me that the doctor would want to talk to me face to face as well as perform their own ultrasound for a proper assessment to base their plans on. Where the other doctors once again pushed for IVF and donor eggs, Dr. G took a piece of paper and mapped out her plan for me and explained why she would not go the IVF route based on my entire fertility picture. Dr. G makes herself available via email to the patient and never let more than an hour elapsed before responding to any concern or test result, which was so comforting when you are going through this journey. She is truly dedicated to her patients, coming in on a Saturday or Sunday if that’s the day that is best for the patient’s procedure. Alondra, my clinical coordinator, was so kind, empathetic and knowledgeable in guiding me through the day to day of each cycle and in coordinating all my medications. The entire staff, including Erica, someone I saw a lot, were so supportive in my 3 cycles of IUI. They were all so genuine in hoping each cycle was the one. Dr. G was very attentive with each scan, making small changes to meds to achieve the best outcome. She was also very mindful of cost, and always looked for ways to save me money with medications or treatments which I appreciated in an expensive venture. I can’t say enough kind words about this practice, I felt truly cared for. I can see that each person who works there wants success for every patient, and they take the time to talk when a cycle doesn’t work out or the journey gets difficult.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Know that Dr.G will always be honest and work with you to achieve your goal in the way she thinks you can actually get to the goal.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. G was the only doctor who met with me in person, although in a post Covid world, it seemed important to me that the doctor would want to talk to me face to face as well as perform their own ultrasound for a proper assessment to base their plans on. Where the other doctors once again pushed for IVF and donor eggs, Dr. G took a piece of paper and mapped out her plan for me and explained why she would not go the IVF route based on my entire fertility picture. Dr. G makes herself available via email to the patient and never let more than an hour go by before responding to any concern or test result, which was so comforting when you are going through this journey. She is truly dedicated to her patients, coming in on a Saturday or Sunday if that’s the day that is best for the patient’s procedure. Alondra, my clinical coordinator, was so kind, empathetic and knowledgeable in guiding me through the day to day of each cycle and in coordinating all my medications. The entire staff, including Erica, someone I saw a lot, were so supportive in my 3 cycles of IUI. They were all so genuine in hoping each cycle was the one. Dr. G was very attentive with each scan, making small changes to meds to achieve the best outcome. She was also very mindful of cost, and always looked for ways to save me money with medications or treatments which I appreciated in an expensive venture. I can’t say enough kind words about this practice, I felt truly cared for. I can see that each person who works there wants success for every patient, and they take the time to talk when a cycle doesn’t work out or the journey gets difficult. When I got my positive pregnancy test and saw the team for my first few ultrasounds and blood tests, it felt like we all won! I could be biased when I say, I think Dr. G worked harder for me since I’m having twins, but I know she puts the same effort into every case. I know Beverly Hills Fertility will continue their amazing work in building families, even when other doctors may not see the same possibility. In reflecting on my entire infertility journey, I’m so glad I found Dr. Goldstein and her practice…my family and I will forever be so thankful for everyone who played a part in our story.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alondra )
Alondra and Erica were angels. So supportive, we all got tears in our eyes when we knew I wouldn't see them any longer on my journey through pregnancy. They were so genuine and empathetic to the hardship of the process. They are both amazing people all around.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
Access to the doctor and quick communication turn around for any concern or question. Complete availability to the day that is best for your procedure. They are so dedicated to your procedures. I never had to wait a long time in their office which appreciated and it felt like they respected my time as much as I respected theirs. They were accommodating with my work schedule to see me when it was best for me. I brought my toddler to procedures which they allowed and I was grateful for.
2020, Consult
Dr. Goldstein was so warm and kind the entire time. She spent her time answering all our questions and she made us feel comfortable doing so. She didn't make us feel like a number at all. She made us feel important and she acknowledged my anxiety and continued to give me TLC throughout the journey. She always answered my emails - even on the weekends. She definitely went out of her way to make me feel important and acknowledged.
The clinic [Reproductive Fertility] is very nice and clean and they always have little treats to eat and coffee to make. However, the parking is terrible. Don't pay for the parking in the parking garage. Park on the street because it is free...We had a different nurse during each visit, but they were all warm and welcoming! We always got called in a timely manner and they were always kind
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
From the first consultation to Dr. Goldstein to the last appointment we had with her we felt nothing but appreciation for her. We went to a different doctor and practice before her and we could never ask questions and we were only given 5 minutes each visit. Dr. Goldstein stayed and talked with us until all our questions were answered. She was so excited when she was looking at our baby on the ultrasound and she would show us everything we were looking at with joy! We can't thank he enough for being such a warm and great doctor
If you want someone to help hold your hand through the process then she is your doctor!
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic is very nice and clean and they always have little treats to eat and coffee to make. However, the parking is terrible. Don't pay for the parking in the parking garage. Park on the street because it is free :)
I became pregnant shortly after I saw the doctor, so I am unsure of the costs. My insurance covered it all
West Hollywood
Dr Goldstein dedicated lots of time to explain our situation. We were never rushed, never made to fight for her attention even after a break in treatment to consider our options...She shared our disappointment and our hope, and in the end she recommended treatment outside the clinic because it was our best option financially and reproductively...
I liked that each time I called [Reproductive Fertility] I was either connected to appropriate staff or given the information that I needed right away. I always felt welcome in the clinic, they offered coffee and candies. Once, I was even met on the street with equipment that I had left behind. I traveled a long way for my treatment and the staff was aware of that...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is warm and compassionate. She built confidence in us by answering all of our questions, even questions we didn't know to ask. She shared our disappointment and our hope, and in the end she recommended treatment outside the clinic because it was our best option financially and reproductively.
There are many ways to build a family. Be honest with yourself and don't hesitate to ask a question. Even if the answers are scary, you have a wonderful guide that will not abandon you.
I was prescribed pills and injections. The injections had to be inter-muscular because of my weight. My low egg reserve would not budge, I would only grow 1-2 follicles at a time. In my first cycle, I had to use a second trigger shot. My body is just obstinate. In my second cycle, I ovulated early. The first egg retrieval produced 1 egg which fertilized but did not grow. The second egg retrieval produced nothing because I had ovulated early. It was tragic. At that point, we almost gave up. Dr Goldstein consulted us and advised IUI with donor sperm. This would offer us the best chance to conceive, but also release us from the clinic. It was a selfless act on her part.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
I recall waking from an egg retrieval to a kind nurse who sat with me and comforted me while preparing me to get on my feet.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I liked that each time I called I was either connected to appropriate staff or given the information that I needed right away. I always felt welcome in the clinic, they offered coffee and candies. Once, I was even met on the street with equipment that I had left behind. I traveled a long way for my treatment and the staff was aware of that.

2022 - 2023, 6 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein is a rare gem of a doctor. She treats you like you're part her family, responds to emails and calls at all hours with compassion and empathy always and always gives straightforward yet understanding advice and insights. I can't say enough good things about her...If you're thinking about doing egg freezing, IVF, or just want to have a doctor you trust consult you on your fertility journey, she's the doctor for you.
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] clinic is clean, organized and welcoming. Dr. Goldstein was present at every appointment and the nursing staff was also great in organizing appointments and communicating sometimes complicated medication protocols during my egg freezing cycle. Beverly Hills Fertility is really a rare gem in Los Angeles. If you want to feel taken care of during this vulnerable journey, this is the place for you.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein was the best doctor I've ever seen. She treats everyone with so much time and compassion. She made my partner and I feel so comfortable during the whole process. We really felt like we were in good hands and trusted her opinion. I don't know any other doctors who will personally email you back within 15 mins no matter what day or time it is.
Just see her. Fertility is a vulnerable journey and you really want someone who cares in your corner. Dr. Goldstein is that doctor.
Dr. Goldstein is a rare gem of a doctor. She treats you like you're part her family, responds to emails and calls at all hours with compassion and empathy always and always gives straightforward yet understanding advice and insights. I can't say enough good things about her and her staff. If you're thinking about doing egg freezing, IVF, or just want to have a doctor you trust consult you on your fertility journey, she's the doctor for you.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is clean, organized and welcoming. Dr. Goldstein was present at every appointment and the nursing staff was also great in organizing appointments and communicating sometimes complicated medication protocols during my egg freezing cycle. Beverly Hills Fertility is really a rare gem in Los Angeles. If you want to feel taken care of during this vulnerable journey, this is the place for you.

2021, Successful
LGBTQ+
Dr.G [Goldstein] made her self available during business hours and after business hours through phone calls, zoom calls, and emails for questions and concerns of mine...she saw a small polyp, she highly recommended I do a hysterectomy to remove the polyp to have a successful transfer. Dr.Goldstein performed the egg retrieval for me, timing my body precisely and was able to have a very successful egg retrieval of 14 eggs...
I was able to make appointments on my availability and worked perfectly with my work schedule...The staff was great, they scheduled me at times I was available to go in at. My primary nurse Zynnia was great she always communicated with us...We decided on only one [eset] my body was ready and timing was everything on a natural cycle transfer...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein set a plan for us, she timed everything precisely. I was able to make appointments on my availability and worked perfectly with my work schedule. Any questions and concerns that we had were answered and explained in detail by Dr.Goldstein.
To be open minded about a plan the Dr. Goldstein sets, she understands your body and timing is important.
Dr.G made her self available during business hours and after business hours through phone calls, zoom calls, and emails for questions and concerns of mine.
When I started my journey with Dr.Goldstein she saw a small polyp, she highly recommended I do a hysterectomy to remove the polyp to have a successful transfer. Dr.Goldstein performed the egg retrieval for me, timing my body precisely and was able to have a very successful egg retrieval of 14 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Zynnia)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Strengths are availability for appointments, great staff, great drs. Weakness would be location, some patients might not live close by, but with great drs like Dr Goldstein we drove out of our way for her.
I was a cash patient, didn’t have insurance. I had to get a medical loan out from a recommended/secure place Dr Goldstein had recommended.
We decided on only one my body was ready and timing was everything on a natural cycle transfer.

2022, 27 Eggs Frozen
I believe every part of my journey [with Dr. Goldstein] was personalized to my exact needs. I felt heard, understood and important but most of all safe and in the best hands possible...personal calls after hours, 24/7 availability with a moment's notice, kindness, compassion from everyone on the team...The best mix of aggressive and conservative [protocols] keeping safety and reason in mind...
The entire clinic and staff [at Beverly Hills Fertility] was exceptional. I wish that they offered services that I could see them regularly because it is a dream office and dream staff. Also, the waiting room is the most comfortable waiting room I have ever been in. I never minded waiting even though I never waited more than 5 minutes...From answering emails, calls to just being positive and kind despite my many annoying mistakes she was just amazing...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
There is not enough time or space to praise Dr. Goldstein. I believe every part of my journey was personalized to my exact needs. I felt heard, understood and important but most of all safe and in the best hands possible.
You will not regret your decision.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Beverly Hills Fertility and their degree of success.
The best mix of aggressive and conservative keeping safety and reason in mind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Adri)
Adri is a gem. I can't imagine having anyone else be with me on this journey. I wish everyone everywhere could have Adri with them. From answering emails, calls to just being positive and kind despite my many annoying mistakes she was just amazing.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
There is nothing negative to say. The entire clinic and staff was exceptional. I wish that they offered services that I could see them regularly because it is a dream office and dream staff. Also, the waiting room is the most comfortable waiting room I have ever been in. I never minded waiting even though I never waited more than 5 minutes.
2022, Successful
The minute I walked in and began talking to Dr. Goldstein she had such great bedside manner. She automatically made you feel as if you were definitely in the right place. She explained everything thoroughly and gave such reassurance when explaining our situations and concerns. She wasn’t like other doctors who assure you that they are positive it will work , she’s realist and explains all the outcomes and the risks as well. She cares for her patients and their well being . She is an amazing doctor over all . I can’t thank her enough ! Thanks to her after just one cycle , today we get to share our little miracle baby’s 1st Birthday! We 100% recommend her .
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] atmosphere is very soothing. The staff is ve tu professional and nice . I don’t believe they have any weakness at least none that I noticed . The clinic itself was 100% what any patient wants , nice, affordable and worth it all...She [Dr. Goldstein] explained everything thoroughly and gave such reassurance when explaining our situations and concerns. She wasn’t like other doctors who assure you that they are positive it will work , she’s realist and explains all the outcomes and the risks as well. She cares for her patients and their well being .
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Take the time to talk to her. Explain your situation and don’t ever be scared to ask questions .
She treated me like a human not just like another number on her list of patients. She was very empathetic & understanding.
Clomid and IUI
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Beverly Hills Fertility.
They were good to work with .
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The atmosphere is very soothing. The staff is ve tu professional and nice . I don’t believe they have any weakness at least none that I noticed . The clinic itself was 100% what any patient wants , nice, affordable and worth it all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility.
IuI approx $1300 Consultation $150 Medication $100
2021 - 2022, Consult
Dr Goldstein consistently made time to listen to our concerns and reassure us when needed, even if she has already answered the question previously. This really helped us maintain a optimistic outlook during our testing...Dr Goldstein responded by acknowledging the emotional pain of the miscarriages and performing a full testing and imaging workup to ensure that nothing was missed. She confirmed the previous diagnosis, but did so in a way that made us feel listened to and understood which was critical in our ability to move forward...
The clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility] is beautiful, clean, and in top notch shape. It is brand new and everyone will certainly feel comfortable here. Parking is challenging and traffic can be quite a concern in the mornings and evenings...Dr Goldstein consistently made time to listen to our concerns and reassure us when needed, even if she has already answered the question previously. This really helped us maintain a optimistic outlook during our testing...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr Goldstein was absolutely incredible. We sought her out after going through three consecutive miscarriages and being told by multiple doctors to “just keep trying”. Dr Goldstein responded by acknowledging the emotional pain of the miscarriages and performing a full testing and imaging workup to ensure that nothing was missed. She confirmed the previous diagnosis, but did so in a way that made us feel listened to and understood which was critical in our ability to move forward. When we did get pregnant again, she performed weekly ultrasounds to help us through the first trimester and continued to be a resource via email as we transitioned to our permanent OB-QYN. Thank you Dr Goldstein!
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is beautiful, clean, and in top notch shape. It is brand new and everyone will certainly feel comfortable here. Parking is challenging and traffic can be quite a concern in the mornings and evenings.
Los Angeles
Dr. Goldstein, was the calm during the time of uncertainty that we had, she made us feel important, at peace, and always gave us the answers that we were looking for by being confident in everything she said, she was always caring and loving for us as her patient...Her biggest strength is her knowledge, patience and delivery of information to us, there was never a moment we felt she hesitated, or had any doubts with the information she gave us, she always had time for us, and even calm our fears when we had an early pregnancy scare that another office told us we had lost our baby, but there was Dr. Goldstein that reassure us that everything was going well, and fast foward a couple years i have my beautiful daughter thanks to her.
[Reproductive Partners Medical Group's] strengths are its Availability and flexibility...they make sure you count as a person not a number to add to their patient count, I strongly recommend them for anyone looking for the best experience in a fertility process...Dr. Goldstein, was the calm during the time of uncertainty that we had, she made us feel important, at peace, and always gave us the answers that we were looking for by being confident in everything she said, she was always caring and loving for us as her patient
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Do not hesitate in choosing her as your Doctor she is everything that a fertility Doctor should be and more
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Partners Medical Group?
Describe your experience with Reproductive Partners Medical Group.
the clinics strengths are its Availability and flexibility are their strengths, they make sure you count as a person not a number to add to their patient count, I strongly recommend them for anyone looking for the best experience in a fertility process
Reproductive Partners Medical Group

2023, Successful
Dr. Goldstein dedicated sufficient time from the initial counseling with patients, actively listening to individual stories to carefully contemplate and find the most suitable treatment methods. Even on days without appointments, there was communication through email, providing the opportunity to ask any questions at any time, with prompt and friendly responses. She demonstrated a deep understanding of the emotions and difficulties that patients may experience during the IVF process, and she did not hesitate to offer words of comfort and encouragement.
This clinic's [Beverly Hills Fertility] facilities are modern and state-of-the-art. From the initial consultation scheduling, they greet patients with a friendly attitude, making them feel comfortable. The facility is clean and well-organized, creating a pleasant atmosphere during each visit. One slight inconvenience is that parking validation is not provided, resulting in a parking fee of approximately $7.5 to $15 on each visit.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein possesses extensive experience and outstanding expertise in the field of IVF. She meticulously inquired about my past IVF experiences, carefully analyzing why previous attempts were unsuccessful. She deliberated thoroughly to find the optimal treatment approach tailored to my needs. Through consultations with her, I developed a strong sense of trust. I could entrust her with all procedures, receiving detailed and thorough guidance at every step. Her strengths lie in her wealth of experience and expertise. Additionally, she treats patients with humanity, considering the best approach from the patient's perspective. Even when outcomes do not unfold as expected, she strives to find solutions within those circumstances. If there's a weakness to be mentioned, it might be concerns about her being too busy without sufficient breaks, however, she consistently remained reachable amid her busy schedule, providing prompt responses to my various questions.
Do not be afraid to ask questions. It is crucial to inquire about anything, even the most basic aspects, and to understand and make informed decisions about the treatment you will receive. Be open and honest with your doctor about any symptoms or reactions you experience during the treatment process, and ask any questions that come to mind.
I took Estarylla (birth control pills) starting from cycle day 1 for 13 days. On the first day of my visit (on cycle day 17), I took a blood test and started injections of Follistim (F) and Menopur (M). Ganirelix (G) was added in the morning after 4 days of injecting F and M. Continued injecting F, M and G for 6 days. A trigger shot (Pregnyl) was administered on cycle day 26, leading to egg retrieval on cycle day 28, resulting in the retrieval of 20 eggs. Out of these, 6 fertilized, and 2 successfully underwent cryopreservation. Following genetics tests, 1 embryo was normal. The transplantation of this embryo took place a month later, resulting in a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Adrianna)
Having a dedicated care coordinator assigned to each patient was incredibly convenient and beneficial. My care coordinator did an excellent job of closely following up on my treatment process and ensuring that every procedure went smoothly without any hiccups. They responded promptly to my questions and, most importantly, consistently approached me with a bright and positive attitude, understanding the patient's emotions well and making sure I felt comfortable during the treatments.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
This clinic's facilities are modern and state-of-the-art. From the initial consultation scheduling, they greet patients with a friendly attitude, making them feel comfortable. The facility is clean and well-organized, creating a pleasant atmosphere during each visit. One slight inconvenience is that parking validation is not provided, resulting in a parking fee of approximately $7.5 to $15 on each visit.
The total cost for the entire IVF cycle, including medications, came to approximately $25,000. They assisted me in enrolling in a discount program to reduce medication costs and took extra care to prescribe only the necessary dosage, ensuring that I didn't order more than needed.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Beverly Hills Fertility.

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
I had a great experience with Dr. Goldstein...was warm and had good bedside manners...straight to the point and didn’t sugarcoat things...saw her at every single appointment - she set clear expectations, answered all of my questions, and truly made me feel seen and heard...ended up getting pregnant with twins on my third IUI, but I unfortunately miscarried both...My husband and I miraculously conceived on our own and I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with my little miracle baby!
The clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility] is brand new, clean, and calming. It doesn't ever feel crazy or hectic, I never had to wait long. Everyone seemed on top of it, and appointments were almost always on time. Parking can be a little expensive if you have a long appointment, but they provide validation which helps...Alondra was my main coordinator, and she was so sweet! All of the nurses and coordinators are so friendly.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
I had a great experience with Dr. Goldstein! It was important for me to see a fertility doctor who was warm and had good bedside manners as this is obviously a very sensitive and emotional process. Not only was Dr. Goldstein warm and caring, but she was also straight to the point and didn’t sugarcoat things which is also extremely important when going through treatments. I saw her at every single appointment - she set clear expectations, answered all of my questions, and truly made me feel seen and heard. I trusted her with my whole heart. I remember after leaving my first consultation with her, I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. I had been carrying the weight of this all for so long, and I finally felt like I had another teammate (other than my husband) to fight this battle with. That feeling never went away during any treatments with her. Through all of the ups and downs, she was by our sides and had a clear plan for what to try next. Trusting your doctor is so important, and I fully trusted her 110%!
I did a ton of research (thank you FertilityIQ!) on doctors and clinics in Los Angeles and met with a few doctors for consultations before meeting with Dr. Goldstein. After meeting with her and comparing her to other doctors and clinics, I knew she was the right doctor for me. So, my advice would be to do your own research, advocate for yourself, and choose a doctor who makes you feel seen, heard, and cared for. Dr. Goldstein checked all of these boxes for me.
I truly felt like I was one of the only patients she had. She was smart, warm, personable, funny, and easy to talk to. I trusted her and knew she had mine and my husbands best interest in mind. She was invested in getting us pregnant and I trusted her every step of the way.
We started with 3 IUIs (one round with Clomid and the second two with Letrozole), I responded really well and had 5 follicles for each IUI. We ended up getting pregnant with twins on my third IUI, but I unfortunately miscarried both. After the miscarriage, we took a little break before starting IVF. My IVF protocol consisted of 2 tablets of Letrozole at night, 225 iu Follistim, and 150 iu Menopur. After a few days, we started Ganirelix, and then Pregnyl trigger shot before the egg retrieval. The nurses were so helpful with teaching me how to do the injections, Dr. Goldstein was always on call if I needed her, and they actually provide you with clear videos of Dr. Goldstein showing you exactly how to set up and inject the medication which was so helpful to me. Watching the videos of her was actually comforting while doing the injections - it felt like she was right there with us! Overall, my protocol felt very easy and simple. Dr. Goldstein doesn’t overcomplicate when it isn’t necessary. She will also change things up as you go based on how you are responding to the medication, she’s really on top of it all, which again is so reassuring. My first egg retrieval yielded one genetically normal embryo, so we decided to try one more round of IVF before a transfer. For the second round, we started a luteal phase protocol to see if my eggs would grow more in line with each other, but we ended up cancelling the cycle halfway through as I was actually pregnant! My husband and I miraculously conceived on our own and I am currently 25 weeks pregnant with my little miracle baby!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alondra)
Alondra was my main coordinator, and she was so sweet! All of the nurses and coordinators are so friendly. I saw a few different coordinators from time to time if Alondra was out of the office and felt seen and cared for by all. They respond to emails right away and helped schedule medication deliveries etc.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is brand new, clean, and calming. It doesn't ever feel crazy or hectic, I never had to wait long. Everyone seemed on top of it, and appointments were almost always on time. Parking can be a little expensive if you have a long appointment, but they provide validation which helps!
Dr. Goldsteins pricing seemed pretty inline to other doctors in the area.

2023, Successful
Dr. Ellen Goldstein is simply incredible, brilliant, amiable, kind and extremely attentive. She was everything I needed and more in my times of distress, in my moments of confusion and my own self doubt. She treated me and my husband like a partner in this journey and never failed to reassure me that I am capable of becoming a mother. Dr. Goldstein is a blessing in my life. I have never experienced such attentive care as a patient until I met her.
Beverly Hills Fertility has many strengths. They've created a aesthetically beautiful, calm and welcoming environment for their patients. It never feels like a 'factory', like some of the other places I've been to before I came across Dr. Goldstein's practice. As a patient, I always felt very welcomed by their staff. Everyone is so sweet and caring...I met with the financial coordinator, where she meticulously went over every detail of cost and different options to choose from. She answered every question and helped us choose the best options for our treatment plan.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
My advice to a prospect patient of Ellen Goldstein is to truly lift the weight off your own shoulders by letting her take over. Let go of any self doubt or pressure you've placed on yourself and trust her process. She will be doing everything in her power to achieve success.
I absolutely felt like a human during my visits and treatments with Dr. Goldstein, I am forever grateful to her for responding to every single email and never letting more than an hour go by before answering. Often times, answering me within minutes. Those moments are so appreciated. I felt so cared for, seen and truly felt like I was her only patient... even though I definitely was not! I am not sure how she does it, but she truly has an incredible strength and passion for fertility. She treated me like any family member would.
Dr. Goldstein's protocol was meticulous and effective. She did not want me to spend unnecessary money, nor overstimulate me with the IVF treatments. She only prescribed what was needed and carefully monitored me. During the IVF injections, I felt totally fine and I was able to live a normal life. Dr. Goldstein had video tutorials that she created herself helping us learn how to do the injections comfortably at home. As a result, we retrieved 20 eggs! We had 5 embryos and then went through PGS-testing our embryos, leaving us with 2 healthy tested embryos. After the retrieval process, Dr. Goldstein prepared me for a natural frozen embryo transfer. We used my own hormones for this 'natural' transfer (therefore there were no extra medications/injections needed other than letrozole) and we waited until I ovulated on my own. She monitored me like a hawk and perfectly timed the transfer. And it was successful!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mariam)
Mariam was an awesome care coordinator for me. She responded to all my emails / phone calls promptly and patiently helped me answer all my questions with detail.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
After my consultation appointment, I met with the financial coordinator, where she meticulously went over every detail of cost and different options to choose from. She answered every question and helped us choose the best options for our treatment plan. We decided to move forward with their recommended protocols, including ICSI, PGS-Testing etc. We spent about $20k for the entire process which is very competitive compared to other IVF fertility centers. My medications were probably around an additional $3,500. Overall, Dr. Goldstein understands the financial stress that IVF can come with, so she was always very considerate about making sure she prescribed just the necessary amount of medications so we did not need to overspend.