9.9

9.7
9.7

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Mount Sinai School of Medicine
Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
UCLA and Cedars-Sinai Medical Centers

Ellen Goldstein works at

10390 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

2022, 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein is patient and takes time to answer all your questions -- while you are in her office and when you contact her by email or phone. She is very responsive to emails, provides detailed responses, and welcomes follow up questions. I felt very comfortable to ask her questions. Also, during this entire process, other than bloodwork, Dr. Goldstein was directly involved. She did all my ultrasounds and met with me during every visit...understood how emotional this process is -- she listened, she was patient, and empathetic.
They [Beverly Hill Fertility] do not work with insurance (at least at the time of my visit), which was not ideal. They were responsive, the office was clean, and the entire team starting at the front desk were patient, kind, and sincere...Dr. Goldstein has excellent bedside manner, she is calm and caring, and very receptive and responsive to questions (during visits and by phone/email). She encouraged me to email her with concerns and questions, and she always responded timely. Initially, it appeared as though I had diminished ovarian reserve and Dr. Goldstein really partnered with me to figure out the best course of action. She made me feel very safe and I had full confidence in her experience (even though I am a very skeptical person, generally).
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
If you like to know all possible outcomes and side effects, even if the chances of such outcomes are low, be proactive in asking her. For example, go over what you could experience after the retrieval process (for example, to no fault of Dr. Goldstein's, I had significant bloating after the retrieval, which is "normal" but not as common).
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is patient and takes time to answer all your questions -- while you are in her office and when you contact her by email or phone. She is very responsive to emails, provides detailed responses, and welcomes follow up questions. I felt very comfortable to ask her questions. Also, during this entire process, other than bloodwork, Dr. Goldstein was directly involved. She did all my ultrasounds and met with me during every visit (versus other doctors who had their staff do ultrasounds and only met with me for a rushed moment thereafter). Lastly, Dr. Goldstein understood how emotional this process is -- she listened, she was patient, and empathetic.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Beverly Hills Fertility and their degree of success.
I took estrogen pills about a week before I expected my cycle to start (not everyone does this), I did injections for 10 days before my trigger injection (initally thought I would do 8-9 but I was responding well to medication so we continued a bit more). The results were great -- each visit, we could see about 15-17 follicles and she was able to retrieve 17 mature eggs. She also retrieved 3 that were not mature.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
They do not work with insurance (at least at the time of my visit), which was not ideal. They were responsive, the office was clean, and the entire team starting at the front desk were patient, kind, and sincere.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Cost of retrival all in, $8,550 (included one year of egg freezing)
What specific things went wrong at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Very minor, but Dr. Goldstein told me my procedure would be at one time, but my nurse emailed me with a different time. When I checked with Dr. Goldstein (she was immediately responsive) she confirmed the time she said was correct, she changed the time based on my progress, and my nurse had not yet been updated.

Investor
[Dr. Goldstein] always communicated with me and answered every little question I had; she was patient, supportive and compassionate. She is also extremely knowledgeable as a doctor and always paints a realistic picture of what I should expect based on scientific data. I really found her approach and temperament very reassuring and I never felt anxious at any point in the cycle because I knew I was in great hands and getting the best treatment available.
Everyone [at Reproductive Fertility] is very professional and attentive. The wait times are non-existent...[staff] at the front desk are friendly and communicative. Someone always answers the phone and whatever you're calling with will get taken care of right away whether it's that you need another prescription for a medication or to change your appointment time or anything else. Emails are always answered really quickly as well.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I met with Dr. Goldstein for the first time in July 2020 and she immediately made me feel comfortable and earned my trust. She was very caring, professional, and attentive and listened to all my concerns and explained all my options in depth. At the time I had been trying to conceive on my own for over 8 years; I had seen several fertility doctors and run all the standard tests, and the consensus was that I had unexplained infertility. I did an initial cycle of IUI with Dr. Goldstein in December 2020. My odds of conceiving were around 12%. The IUI did not result in a pregnancy - and I had kind of expected that because I knew I was going to need a more aggressive form of treatment. In March 2021 I was finally ready to start a cycle of IVF. Dr. Goldstein was really great throughout the whole process: she always communicated with me and answered every little question I had; she was patient, supportive and compassionate. She is also extremely knowledgeable as a doctor and always paints a realistic picture of what I should expect based on scientific data. I really found her approach and temperament very reassuring and I never felt anxious at any point in the cycle because I knew I was in great hands and getting the best treatment available. My IVF cycle went better than I could have hoped for - I got pregnant after the first embryo transfer and I am due February 1st, 2022. I also still have 6 other healthy frozen embryos that I can use in the future. I am so grateful that I found Dr. Goldstein! After 8+ years of infertility I'm finally pregnant and I couldn't have asked for a better experience leading to this pregnancy. Dr. Goldstein made sure that I knew every step of the way that she was truly invested in this process and cared about me and my results. She always made me feel supported and I was never alone in the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
You can really put all your trust in Dr. Goldstein. She is very kind and an expert doctor. You can ask her tens of questions about every little thing that is on your mind and she will answer each one of them patiently. She has a lot of knowledge and you will never leave her office feeling confused or worried or anxious. You will know right away after an initial consultation with her that she truly does care about her patients and their success, and you can take a deep breath knowing that you're being taken care of by the best that's out there.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Ellen Goldstein was very kind, compassionate, polite, and realistic from day 1. She always made me feel comfortable and supported in my journey, and I knew I could trust her from the get go. I never felt like she did not care about me as a patient because she obviously did and continues to do so. I am almost in my 2nd trimester now and she continues to answer my questions when I write her emails. She is extremely knowledgeable and truly a great doctor. She sets realistic expectations based on the science. But the results I got with her completely surpassed my initial expectations. So happy I chose her.
Describe the protocols Ellen Goldstein used in your cycles at Reproductive Fertility and their degree of success.
The main thing I recall is that after checking my hormone levels and seeing how I was reacting to IVF medication she knew right away that my cycle would very likely have to be a frozen cycle. A fresh embryo transfer was not going to be an option for me because of how high my hormone levels would be after the egg retrieval. We had to wait for my body to calm down and for the hormone levels to normalize after the retrieval, so we waited one cycle (about 4 weeks) to do a frozen transfer. The first frozen transfer worked and I am now 11 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tasha Carmack)
Tasha Carmack was great - she is a very positive and friendly person and I always appreciate that. She answered all my questions about the financial aspect of my IVF journey and she is just a pleasant person to talk to. She is on top of her game and will make sure to remind me of anything she thinks I might be forgetting (like bringing signed paperwork back on my next visit). She also explained how I should use IVF medication properly and was happy to answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I think that this an overall great clinic. I did not encounter anyone who was unpleasant in any way. Everyone is very professional and attentive. The wait times are non-existent. If you make an appointent at 2pm they will call you in at 2pm 95% of the time. The remaining 5% of the time it will be by 2:15pm. The people at the front desk are friendly and communicative. Someone always answers the phone and whatever you're calling with will get taken care of right away whether it's that you need another prescription for a medication or to change your appointment time or anything else. Emails are always answered really quickly as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility.
$11675 for egg retrieval and doctor's fees $3300 frozen embryo transfer $5200 for genetic testing of embryos IVF medication was separate and included birth control pills, injections, progesterone suppositories... probably totaling $2000-$3000 roughly.
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Reproductive Fertility.
She explained to me that my odds of conceiving (especially since I had done genetic testing on my embryos) were pretty high - about 70-80% per transfer. Therefore she did not recommend transferring more than 1 embryo at a time. She explained that twins carried more risks (such as premature birth and other complications) and it was just much better to have one healthy baby. I was in complete agreement with her and took her advice. It is definitely not worth it to try and save money by transferring multiple embryos and then ending up with twins and having numerous complications down the line. I trusted the science and knew that with such high odds I should just transfer 1 embryo at a time. It all worked perfectly.

2023, 13 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein was an outstanding doctor for this procedure (IVF/Egg Freezing)...balanced out the clinical side with the caregiving side in a way that made each appointment smooth and easy...Her use of rationing the medication was also so thoughtful and helpful to save money...she always made herself available
[Beverly Hills Fertility] was so great...financial staff was clear and communicative...facility was modern and clean. Everyone on staff there was so nice and helpful...staff she pulled together for the retrieval was great...has a great team together...went into the office I felt heard and comforted
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein was an outstanding doctor for this procedure (IVF/Egg Freezing). She balanced out the clinical side with the caregiving side in a way that made each appointment smooth and easy. I always felt like if I had a question it was answered. Though I didn't require any immediate communication, I know she always made herself available, which makes you feel better as a patient. She understood the process and was there to guide you along the way, predicting fears and confusion. I had a great experience.
Nothing that I can think of, you're in good hands.
The way Dr. Goldstein explained and translated everything clearly so that I was able to easily understand the process all along the way was very helpful and made me feel like she understood the common questions and concerns in an approachable way—that even though the numbers are the numbers, sometimes situations can be better or worse. I think she did a great job at managing expectations while making me feel heard. As a patient, I feel like she definitely created a safe environment.
Once we were in the treatment, Dr. Goldstein was clear on instructions and had videos pre-made that were definitely needed. Her strategy was simple there was nothing specific to stress out about which was great, but she also supported you if you wanted to follow anything (supplements, way of eating, etc). I didn't do anything specific and the results were better than predicted. Her use of rationing the medication was also so thoughtful and helpful to save money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Mariam Diallo)
Mariam Diallo was incredible, I know she is no longer on the staff but I am positive they found a great replacement. She was really great. Kind, attentive, communicative and always available.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic was so great. The financial staff was clear and communicative. The facility was modern and clean. Everyone on staff there was so nice and helpful. The staff she pulled together for the retrieval was great. Dr. Goldstein has a great team together and I really couldn't have asked for a better experience—from the first visit to the final retrieval—everything was well worth it. Sometimes this can be an emotional experience but every time I went into the office I felt heard and comforted and it was that regimen and great experience that made it all worth it. I wouldn't have wanted to do this anywhere else.
Around $8,500

2023, Successful
Dr Goldstein is an exceptional doctor! She is knowledgeable, confident, empathetic, and communicative. My wife and I got responses from her within minutes! We felt safe in her hands. She never rushed any appointments and made sure to answer all of our questions. She was honest with me and my wife about our treatment plan...My wife and I are very lucky to have found Dr. Goldstein. She is the reason our dreams are becoming a reality.
I honestly do not have any weaknesses to share about the clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility]. The clinic is clean, organized, and extremely responsive. With our previous fertility specialist, we had felt like numbers. But Dr. Goldstein’s clinic made sure we felt like we mattered. I can’t say enough good things about this clinic...Our care coordinator was always responsive and showed kindness. She respected our wishes and made sure we felt comfortable.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr Goldstein is an exceptional doctor! She is knowledgeable, confident, empathetic, and communicative. My wife and I got responses from her within minutes! We felt safe in her hands. She never rushed any appointments and made sure to answer all of our questions. She was honest with me and my wife about our treatment plan. In fact, she went above and beyond and personally referred us to a doctor who was able to remove one of my wife’s fibroids using a non-invasive technique within weeks! Otherwise, we would have had to wait for months and any other doctor would have done a laparoscopic procedure, which is considered a major surgery and comes with more risks. My wife and I are very lucky to have found Dr. Goldstein. She is the reason our dreams are becoming a reality.
The advice that we would give is to trust Dr Goldstein and her treatment plan. She truly knows what she’s doing!
Dr. Goldstein and her staff always make sure that you feel welcomed. She is courteous and respectful. She always answered questions without any judgement. My wife and I truly felt like we were important.
Dr. Goldstein was very honest with my wife and me and let us know that a specific fibroid needed to be removed before we’d be able to conceive. She did not suggest a major surgery such as laparoscopy and referred us to a friend/colleague who was able to remove it hysteroscopically. Dr. Goldstein assured us that after the procedure, we’d be able to get pregnant through IUI, and she was right! My wife got pregnant within three months. She had medicated cycles using Letrozole.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
I honestly do not have any weaknesses to share about the clinic. The clinic is clean, organized, and extremely responsive. With our previous fertility specialist, we had felt like numbers. But Dr. Goldstein’s clinic made sure we felt like we mattered. I can’t say enough good things about this clinic.
$4500 for 3 IUI Cycles
Describe Ellen Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Beverly Hills Fertility.

2023, 8 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein is exceptional at balancing compassionate counsel with pragmatic care. I never felt like I was being "babied" or talked down to, but I always felt like my questions were answered and I was being given the opportunity to be honest and open about my experience with egg freezing...As a plus, she's young, energetic, and genuine. I can't say enough wonderful things...I absolutely raved about Dr. Goldstein to friends and family members
I loved this clinic because you know exactly what you're getting. When I was researching clinics, I got very nervous that I would get randomly assigned to a doctor who was less experienced or qualified because of the volume. Having a clinic with a single doctor was so reassuring because I knew exactly who I was dealing with from the day of my consult. My only very minor critique is that the parking is an additional cost (not substantial but you need to remember to ask for validation).
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is exceptional at balancing compassionate counsel with pragmatic care. I never felt like I was being "babied" or talked down to, but I always felt like my questions were answered and I was being given the opportunity to be honest and open about my experience with egg freezing. I absolutely raved about Dr. Goldstein to friends and family members. When I went in for my consult, she was so patient with me and very kind when we discovered that my AFC was much lower than expected for my age. She advised me on steps that we could take to give me the best shot at collecting as many eggs as possible, and she absolutely nailed it. She projected that I could get 8 eggs at our consult, and that's exactly what I wound up with. As a plus, she's young, energetic, and genuine. I can't say enough wonderful things.
Prepare yourself to get an honest assessment of your prognosis--even if it's bad, you'll be supported along the way.
The support and attention I received from Dr. Goldstein and her staff was phenomenal. Even though she has an exceptionally busy practice, I always felt like staff carved out time to answer my questions and Dr. Goldstein made it a point to call me and check in after every major milestone. I had the opportunity to ask questions at any and all points of the process. On one occasion, I inadvertently lost a dose of my medication by pulling the syringe plunger out too far and had to panic-email Dr. Goldstein and my facilitator, Alondra. I got an immediate response and reassurance from Alondra that everything was okay, that they could make sure I got the requisite dose on time, and apologizing (to me!) for the stress.
Dr. Goldstein had me go off birth control for three months before I started the retrieval process. Once that was done, she prescribed me Estrace tablets for a period of about a week or so. She then had me stop taking the tablets before I started my injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alondra)
Alondra and the entire team of nurses were so wonderful. They were always in touch and available, and they worked so hard. I don't think this office has any "off" days (my retrieval was on the Fourth of July) and they were still always sunny and warm and reassuring.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
All told, including medications, the cost of my care for a single cycle of egg freezing came to around $15,000.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr.Golstein has been present and available at every appointment. She responds to emails and texts within hours and she takes time to explain every step of the process. She is kind and honest about results, both good and bad. It is clear she wants the patient to feel comfortable the entire time. She undersands the tremendous emotional and mental (not to mention physical) toll fertility treatments take on a woman.
The [Beverly Hills Fertility] clinic is beautiful and new. The waiting room is peaceful, quiet and pleasant to be in. The clinic is clean. I didn't see dust or dirt on the machines or baseboards. The experience in the clinic has always been pleasant and calming. There is also parking on site...all the nurses at Beverly Hills Fertility are incredible. They are kind, compassionate and open about information. They take time to explain injections and procedures. I always felt comfortable with every nurse I encountered and Christina is fantastic.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein is a compassionate, honest and patient doctor and we felt comfortable the entire time we have worked with her. Our feritlity journey went like this: Learned I had low AMH and failure to conceive after 1 year; did 1 IUI with clomid; did 1 natural cycle with clomid; moved on to egg retrieval; had poor results (got 15 eggs but only 1 euploid embryo & 1 low mosaic), transfer of euploid failed; did more testing for inflammation and planned to transfer mosaic; testing for inflammation was positive and transfer was canceled; treated inflammation mutiple times and did another egg retrieval while waiting to be cleared to transfer; got MUCH better embryo results with the 2nd retrieval (18 eggs and 6 euploid embryos); inflammation cleared; transfer a euploid emrbyo from the 2nd retrieval; currently 4 weeks pregnant. During this entire process, Dr. Goldstein made our options clear and gave us great advice. Dr. Goldstein follows methods that are backed with strong scientific data and changes course when protocols aren't working. She does not tell the patient how to live or what to do, rather she makes recommendations that she knows work. She will never tell you to give up coffee or a glass of wine here or there!
If for whatever reason a part of the process seems unclear or uncomfortable, simply ask for clarification. Dr. Goldstein will always take time to explain procotols, options and procedures, and especially if you are feeling unsure.
During our first retrieval, we did a natural cycle retrival and a natural cycle transfer (following my normal path of ovulation). In both cases, I had poor results - only 1 euploid embryo from the retrieval and a failed transfer. For my second retrieval she suggested we do a luteal phase retrieval, which can sometimes yield better results for older patients with lower AMH (like me). In this case, the doctor retrieves eggs outside the normal cycle of ovulation. This worked SO much better for me: I got more eggs, more embryos and more euploids (6!!). With my transfer, we also did a medicated cycle and now I am pregnant. Although there are many factors that contribute to outcomes at every stage of the journey, I can't help but think that switching the protocol and trying something new may have helped a lot! Dr.Goldstein believes in trying new protocols when previous ones don't work. She isn't afraid to be creative and try new things.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Membrere)
Christina and all the nurses at Beverly Hills Fertility are incredible. They are kind, compassionate and open about information. They take time to explain injections and procedures. I always felt comfortable with every nurse I encountered and Christina is fantastic.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is beautiful and new. The waiting room is peaceful, quiet and pleasant to be in. The clinic is clean. I didn't see dust or dirt on the machines or baseboards. The experience in the clinic has always been pleasant and calming. There is also parking on site.
The costs at Beverly Hills Fertility are very competitive and not overpriced. The prices down in LA are much cheaper than in Northern CA, which is one of the reasons I chose to go to LA for treatment.
We were open with Dr. Goldstein about our goals for our desired family. She makes recommendations based on that and other factors, like maternal age. For us, she did not recommend transfer multiple embryos, as least not within the first few transfers. But she is not opposed to it if someone wants more children and has less time.

2021 - 2023, Successful
when I saw her [Dr. Goldstein] for the first time for a consultation. She pulled out a paper and pencil and proceeded to draw a funny diagram of the uterus, fallopian tubes, etc! I remember from that day how comfortable I felt with her and how I really liked her communication style...She talked me through everything, answered all my emails and questions promptly and we really felt taken care of through the whole process...
Beautiful, new and clean clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility]. Everyone is very nice, calm and friendly...Usually quick. Get in and get out. I usually didn’t have to wait very long to be seen....Her support staff, the patient care coordinators, of Beverly Hills Fertility were also amazing. They were so sweet, kind and supportive through all the ultrasounds, blood draws, egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and everything in between...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
After trying to get pregnant for about 6 months naturally, my OB had suggested I see a fertility doctor, Dr Ellen Goldstein. I remember when I saw her for the first time for a consultation. She pulled out a paper and pencil and proceeded to draw a funny diagram of the uterus, fallopian tubes, etc! I remember from that day how comfortable I felt with her and how I really liked her communication style. We started with an IUI. After 3 IUI’s with little success we all thought it was best to get a little more aggressive and do IVF. This is something I never thought I would have to do in my wildest dreams. I trusted in Dr Goldstein’s expertise and glad my husband and I did. She talked me through everything, answered all my emails and questions promptly and we really felt taken care of through the whole process. Her support staff, the patient care coordinators, of Beverly Hills Fertility were also amazing. They were so sweet, kind and supportive through all the ultrasounds, blood draws, egg retrieval, embryo transfer, and everything in between. We are now pregnant with our first little one, thanks to Dr Goldstein! We couldn’t be more pleased with the care we received.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
Beautiful, new and clean clinic. Everyone is very nice, calm and friendly. Early on in treatment, every time I would go to this office, it was FREEZING… especially on those days I had to undress from the waist down for ultrasounds. They did supply me with a warm, fuzzy blanket though :)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Roughly $25,000

2022, Successful
Dr. Goldstein is super reliable, compassionate and has the most steady hands...I have pretty low follicle counts comparing to other girls of my age, and my estradiol level was really low all the way through the stimulation. To cater for my personal situation, Dr. Goldstein would schedule additional appointments so she could closely monitor my follicle development and adjust meds based on my responses...after my retrievals, I almost didn't feel a thing...
The embryologist [at Beverly Hills Fertility] who handled my case, Dr. Liu, is one of the most experienced in the field and certainly is able to culture embryos to their greatest potentials! I remember one of mine was still in cleavage stage at day 5, but somehow it turned into a hatching blastocyst on day 6 under his treatment, and he also turned my two GV into M2, incredible!...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
I cannot express how lucky I was to have Dr. Goldstein as my RE, she is fantastic and helped me get the results that beyond my expectation. I have pretty low follicle counts comparing to other girls of my age, and my estradiol level was really low all the way through the stimulation. To cater for my personal situation, Dr. Goldstein would schedule additional appointments so she could closely monitor my follicle development and adjust meds based on my responses. Since my numbers were not so great, I had mentally prepared myself for a poor result. But it turned out, Dr. Goldstein was able to retrieve an optimal number of eggs that doubled my expectation and well enough for fertilization! I was so happy and surprised, and I don't think there could be any better results if not for her individualized adjustments on my protocol.
Do some research before deciding on a doctor. Of course, if you do your research, you will find Dr. Goldstein is one of the best (the best for me that's for sure), and you'll be in competent hands. She is completely professional, knowledgeable, and the most charismatic doctor I've ever encountered. Trust people who recommend her here, good reviews don't write themselves.
Dr. Goldstein is super reliable, compassionate and has the most steady hands. She answered every question I had and was always so gentle and calm while performing the ultrasound exam, and with great patience too. Besides, she is so skilled at her procedures that after my retrievals, I almost didn't feel a thing, and other patients I knew also didn't feel much pain and recovered very quickly. Dr. Goldstein has made this whole process so easy and comfortable.
I started with BCP suppression and then was given both Menopur and Follistim for stimulation, Dr. Goldstein started with small doses on me and added them incrementally throughout the process based on my responses, and I triggered with HCG. The eggs synchronized pretty nicely with 88% maturation rate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sora)
Sora is amazing! She is caring and responsive, a big helper! And the whole team is great too! They always produce positive ambience, making my every visit an enjoyable experience.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
This clinic has the full package. Not only does it have the best doctor, but it's also equipped with the best lab. The embryologist who handled my case, Dr. Liu, is one of the most experienced in the field and certainly is able to culture embryos to their greatest potentials! I remember one of mine was still in cleavage stage at day 5, but somehow it turned into a hatching blastocyst on day 6 under his treatment, and he also turned my two GV into M2, incredible!
Haven't done this yet.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Not only is she [ Dr. Goldstein] extremely knowledgeable, but she is also compassionate and truly cares about her patients. She did not recommend procedures that were not necessary just to get my money like another doctor did. She explained every step of the process and answered every single one of my many questions. She never tried to rush me or make me feel stupid for asking so many questions. She also was extremely responsive over email...
All of the staff [at Beverly Hills Fertility] were friendly, the facility was clean and sanitary, and there were nice amenities in the lobby. The one downside was the parking options are not great...Always willing to help and very knowledgeable about my situation and the entire IVF process. Caring, compassionate, and responsive. I was kept in constant communication about any appointments or action items that needed to be done....
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
After seeing several other fertility doctors, I can honestly say Dr. Goldstein is one of the best! Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, but she is also compassionate and truly cares about her patients. She did not recommend procedures that were not necessary just to get my money like another doctor did. She explained every step of the process and answered every single one of my many questions. She never tried to rush me or make me feel stupid for asking so many questions. She also was extremely responsive over email.
Ask a lot of questions and listen to her. She knows what she is talking about and will not do anything that you are not comfortable with. You may not get the results you want right away, but trust the process.
Dr. Goldstein has great care and compassion towards her patients. She always makes you feel comfortable and answers any questions you may have.
I did an "old school" fresh IVF transfer. Given my age and budget, this was the best option. I used all medications as prescribed and was expecting about 5-6 eggs. However, Dr. Goldstein said that I most likely ovulated early because I only ending up getting 2 eggs and embryos out of the process. Unfortunately, neither embryo was viable. We talked after the process about what we will do differently for the next cycle and I felt confident going in to do another round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility.
Fantastic! Always willing to help and very knowledgeable about my situation and the entire IVF process. Caring, compassionate, and responsive. I was kept in constant communication about any appointments or action items that needed to be done.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
I was very happy with the clinic. All of the staff were friendly, the facility was clean and sanitary, and there were nice amenities in the lobby. The one downside was the parking options are not great.
Costs were comparable with other clinics that I had researched.
I only had two embryos to transfer and she recommended we do both of them to increase my chances. I definitely agreed with this approach.

2021 - 2022, Successful
I felt like she [Dr. Goldstein] really cared about me and was invested in my well being. As concierge as one can get in this field. She was down to earth and also incredibly smart and able to explain everything to me in terms I could easily digest. She was also very kind, friendly (and funny!)...kept me hopeful during a time where I needed to feel that more than anything else...She always kept the financial burden in mind....
I always felt so welcome and so taken care of [at Beverly Hills Fertility]. They are also pros at blood draws and they never hurt...The rooms are heated and there are flat screens showing you the ultrasound in each room. The day of my embryo transfer both my husband and I got to see on a flat screen the embryo being selected and brought in through the microscope...Erika and the rest of the staff are lovely...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Ellen Goldstein. I felt so well taken care of and supported during such a sensitive and vulnerable time. Dr. Goldstein was there for me whenever I needed her and really and truly cared about my well being...her staff is lovely and personable and I really felt like I was in the best hands possible. She is the gold standard of fertility doctors (well of any doctor really) and kept me hopeful during a time where I needed to feel that more than anything else. I recommend her to ANYONE who asks me. Look no further if you are reading this review. This is your sign to choose Dr. Goldstein!!!
Trust the process and trust Dr. Goldstein!
I had heard horror stories that some IVF doctors made my friends feel like a number. This was the exact opposite of my experience with Dr. Goldstein. I felt like she really cared about me and was invested in my well being. As concierge as one can get in this field. She was down to earth and also incredibly smart and able to explain everything to me in terms I could easily digest. She was also very kind, friendly (and funny!) with me and my husband!
Dr. Goldstein made a point of not over-ordering medications so that I didn't spend more than I needed to in a costly process. Dr. Goldstein recommended IUI and IVF but at that time my husband and I were not ready for IVF and wanting to keep trying IUI's - along the way we found out I had polyps and I had those removed than after my third IUI, Dr. Goldstein had a sit down with us and recommended IVF moving forward for success reasons and financial reasons, which I really really appreciated. She always kept the financial burden in mind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Erika Gonzales)
Erika and the rest of the staff are lovely!!! I always felt so welcome and so taken care of. They are also pros at blood draws and they never hurt!!! Cant recommend them enough either!!
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
This clinic is gorgeous!!!! The waiting room is so luxurious and comfortable. The rooms are heated and there are flat screens showing you the ultrasound in each room. The day of my embryo transfer both my husband and I got to see on a flat screen the embryo being selected and brought in through the microscope. The embryologist was the cutest and he planned this lovely classical music. I could tell how much the staff loved their building and each other
The costs were pretty average - I had done my research about general prices and Dr. Goldstein was among the average I had researched in terms of cost.

2021, Unknown Success
There were a couple of times when there were scheduling mixups that were definitely because my care coordinator [at Reproductive Fertility] told me a different date then what she wrote down. And there was also one time when she drew blood and just walked away at the end with no bandaid given or anything. It felt like she was always very very rushed...There were always follow up calls from staff. They also accommodated me on days when their staff might have otherwise been on holiday
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
My experience with Dr Goldstein as an IUI patient for four cycles was very pleasant. She explained all options and potential outcomes very clearly and helped us manage expectations. After my 4th unsuccessful IUI cycle, she reached out to see how things were going since I hadn’t booked another one, and the concern seemed genuine. I’ve since become pregnant naturally (I’m at 9 weeks and I became pregnant two cycles after my last IUI).
Ask as many questions as possible, no matter how off-the-walk they seem to you or if you feel you may come off uneducated. Dr. Goldstein will answer any and all questions with zero ego and a full intention to inform you of all details involved with your fertility journey.
Dr. Goldstein had lovely bedside manner during all 4 IUI treatments we did with her. She also made sure to always personally follow up with me which made me feel very cared for.
Since my insurance covers nothing fertility-related, my partner and I could only afford to try IUI, not IVF. So we did 4 cycles. Each cycle was accompanied by a timed trigger shot and fertility meds (Clomid three times and Letrozole once because Clomid gave me headaches and hot flashes).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Zinnia)
There were a couple of times when there were scheduling mixups that were definitely because my care coordinator told me a different date then what she wrote down. And there was also one time when she drew blood and just walked away at the end with no bandaid given or anything. It felt like she was always very very rushed. But nonetheless, I really enjoyed seeing her because she has a pleasant and upbeat attitude which is nice in an environment like that.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Everyone there is extremely kind and attentive. The environment is clean and comfortable. There were always follow up calls from staff. They also accommodated me on days when their staff might have otherwise been on holiday because they wanted to make sure they got the timing right.
I believe each round of IUI was roughly $1,300 out of pocket since I have no insurance coverage for fertility visits. There was also a fee of roughly $100 for blood testing.

2021, Successful
Dr. Ellen Goldstein's biggest strength is her willingness to communicate and openly empathize with her patients...We felt that Dr. Ellen Goldstein was invested in our journey through her listening and her actions. She always made the time to explain and respond to every concern or complaint my husband and I had. She was also proactive in reaching out and frequently checking in on how we were going...
The clinic staff [at Reproductive Fertility] are all welcoming and friendly. Initially I was not assigned a nurse and that did lead to some disorganization. But Dr. Ellen Goldstein stayed on top of everything and made sure we were well taken care of...Every nursing staff I interacted with were all lovely. Kyra assisted with organizing my prescriptions with my pharmacy...there were times where we were confused with cost breakdowns because of the different ways which Dr. Ellen Goldstein and the finance person described things.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Ellen Goldstein's biggest strength is her willingness to communicate and openly empathize with her patients. Our previous experience with other fertility doctors, is that they have kept themselves partially detached, which made the process harder for us, as it was hard for us to tell if our concerns were being taken seriously. As such, having a doctor that gave part of themselves meant a lot.
Make sure that Dr. Ellen Goldstein and the finance person are on the same page. While we eventually got the correct information, there were times where we were confused with cost breakdowns because of the different ways which Dr. Ellen Goldstein and the finance person described things.
First FET: Endometrin suppositories starting 3 days prior to transfer - unsuccessful - Dr. Ellen Goldstein decided to start with a blank slate and follow my natural cycle using day 5 embryos. My previous transfers (4 unsuccessful day 3 embryos) were performed in Australia, with no success. Second FET: Estrace 2mg starting 2 weeks prior to transfer + Progesterone 100mg/mL IM starting 6 days prior to transfer - both continued for 10 weeks - successful - Dr. Ellen Goldstein's rationale was we should take a more controlled approach this time given the result of the previous cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
Every nursing staff I interacted with were all lovely. Kyra assisted with organizing my prescriptions with my pharmacy, at times at such short notice, which I truly appreciated.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic staff are all welcoming and friendly. Initially I was not assigned a nurse and that did lead to some disorganization. But Dr. Ellen Goldstein stayed on top of everything and made sure we were well taken care of.
$7200 IVF freeze + PGS
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility?
West Hollywood

The clinic [Reproductive Fertility] is adequate...The rooms could use a deep cleaning or more regular cleaning because I noticed the floors were really dingy. At times, the front desk person was cold and terse...My nurse wasn't always the most clear in her communication, considering I'm a patient completely new to the process. There seems to be a lack of hand holding that didn't always make me feel at ease about knowing what next steps to anticipate.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein always had our best interest in mind. My husband and I never felt upsold or taken advantage of. She always presented medical advice that we agreed with and trusted her. I appreciate how she personally delivers sensitive information (good and bad news) either in person or over the phone. She never failed to display empathy and never said anything insensitive. I'm glad I was in her care during my first IVF experience.
She always tells you the pros and cons of the situation or a decision. I advise trusting her opinion because she's truly an expert and knows what she's talking about.
Dr. Goldstein was always accessible via email or a phone call. She always personally delivered information in person or on a phone call, never via email or generic response.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lizette)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic is adequate. Some of the nurses were not wearing the masks properly during peak Covid, and did not make me feel safe being in close proximity when my blood was drawn. The rooms could use a deep cleaning or more regular cleaning because I noticed the floors were really dingy. At times, the front desk person was cold and terse. But more recently, I think they rotated to a different person who was more approachable when I had questions.
Egg retrieval and meds for that was covered. Embryo transfer was $4850, before medication cost. 4 vials of progesterone totaled $200, which lasts about 2-ish weeks.
West Hollywood

Under the care of Dr. Goldstein, I always felt taken care of. Our appointments never felt rushed and she always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns - sometimes I would hear from her less than 5 minutes after I sent an email which provided me with so much comfort and reassurance...From day 1, she clearly explained the cause of my infertility and mapped out a clear game plan. I appreciated her thoroughness in trying different a few different options before proceeding with IVF - it really made me feel she had our best interests at heart. I always felt crystal clear on the steps we were taking and my chances of conception. She also inspires a huge amount of confidence in her patients - when it came time for the egg retrieval during my IVF cyc
The clinic is very beautiful, clean, and easily accessible. They are mostly running on time, but sometimes in the mornings, it gets a little bit busy. Everyone I interacted with was nice, warm, and professional.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
When I was told by my OBGYN that I needed to see a fertility specialist, I was pretty heartbroken, upset, and honestly afraid. Dr. Goldstein was the first doctor I decided to meet with and I'm so glad that I did. From day 1, she clearly explained the cause of my infertility and mapped out a clear game plan. I appreciated her thoroughness in trying different a few different options before proceeding with IVF - it really made me feel she had our best interests at heart. I always felt crystal clear on the steps we were taking and my chances of conception. She also inspires a huge amount of confidence in her patients - when it came time for the egg retrieval during my IVF cycle, I was incredibly nervous. But as soon as she walked into the room, I instantly felt calmer and confident in the procedure. I've had nothing but excellent care under the direction of Dr. Goldstein and am thankful that my first experience with a fertility specialist was such a great one!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Reproductive Fertility.
While I was under the care of a few different nurses at reproductive fertility, they were always very warm and compassionate. My appointments were very easy to schedule and if there was a change, the nursing staff would reach out immediately to let me know.
West Hollywood

Doctor Goldstein always worked with us to try and keep our costs low. The entire cycle cost us about $14,000 with medications at about $3,000. It was worth every penny...was very compassionate from the moment my fiancé and I sat down with her for a consultation, but at the same time straight to the point. She did not put any pressure on us to go through the IVF process, and she tried to find the best and safest route for us while also trying to save us some money since we were paying our treatment out of pocket. Dr. Go
We did have a few setbacks when it came to paying for our procedure [at Reproductive Gynecology], but the staff and doctor were all very accommodating to make sure it was corrected for us...For the most part of our cycle, Gunay [nurse] was also there every step of the way...We definitely missed her when we were assigned to a new nurse because she was the only nurse on staff at the time. I can’t remember her name, but she was not compassionate at all. Very robotic and emotionless. We were so excited to see Gunay back towards the end of our cycle, and she was so excited for us when she found out we were having twins.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
My fiancé and I are very private people. We chose to drive almost 2 hours to and from every appointment to see a female doctor, and Doctor Goldstein was worth every minute. Being that this was our first time going through IVF, my fiancé and I had so many questions and concerns regarding the process. From day 1, doctor Goldstein answered every single one of our million questions and continued to do so throughout our journey. She was very compassionate, yet straight to the point. I loved that she didn’t just tell us of all the positive outcomes, but also kept us in reality with the possible negative outcomes. At one of our appointments, we could tell that doctor was bothered by something although she tried hard not to let it show. Then after our ultrasound, she apologized and explained that it wasn’t a good week for her because one of her patients suffered a miscarriage. She didn’t give any details, but we could see the compassion and care that she has for each of her patients. This made me and my fiancé feel even more comfortable and trusting working with Doctor Goldstein. When we expressed wanting to transfer two embryos, she cautioned us of all the potential risks, but also supported us in our decision. Also, when we were a few days away from our transfer, Covid 19 started interrupting everyone’s cycles. Doctor Goldstein sat us down and explained how all fertility treatments were being strongly advised to be put on hold, but because we were only days away, doctor gave us the choice to move forward, or to pause our cycle. Of course we chose to continue, and she respected our decision. In March, our two embryos were transferred, and now my fiancé and I are so blessed to say that we are currently pregnant with twins. Throughout the entirety of our cycle, I constantly emailed doctor with question after question, and she would answer almost immediately. Even on the weekends. Whenever worries would arise, I would email doctor and she would immediately respond explaining in detail always settling my worries. My fiancé and I were sad when we had to move our prenatal care to Kaiser. We both miss her very much. In all honesty, my fiancé and I wish we could see Doctor Goldstein throughout our entire pregnancy journey.
Trust Doctor Goldstein. She is there for you every step of the way, and goes above and beyond to make sure you understand every step in the process, and also feel comfortable and safe throughout it all.
Doctor Goldstein was very compassionate from the moment my fiancé and I sat down with her for a consultation, but at the same time straight to the point. She did not put any pressure on us to go through the IVF process, and she tried to find the best and safest route for us while also trying to save us some money since we were paying our treatment out of pocket. Dr. Goldstein is amazing and I will keep sharing that over and over again with everyone I can.
Doctor Goldstein is very particular about her process. That was one of the things that my fiancé and I loved about her. She has been doing this for many years, and knows what works and what doesn’t. Even though every patient is different, she has found a process that works for most. Because our cycle ended up being in the middle of the whole covid pandemic, my fiancé and I asked if we could move our transfer date up just in case the center was shut down. We explained our concerns to doctor, but also let her know that we trust her fully and her decision. She advised us to keep our transfer date so that our estrogen and progesterone cycle would mimic her normal process and the normal process of my body. She did not want to go against what has been working for her and her patients. So we agreed with her, and kept our original transfer date. Now, we are blessed with twins, and can’t wait for our little ones to arrive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Gunay)
For the most part of our cycle, Gunay was also there every step of the way. She was by Doctor Goldstein’s side until covid required minimal staff. We definitely missed her when we were assigned to a new nurse because she was the only nurse on staff at the time. I can’t remember her name, but she was not compassionate at all. Very robotic and emotionless. We were so excited to see Gunay back towards the end of our cycle, and she was so excited for us when she found out we were having twins.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
I don’t think I have anything negative to say about the clinic. We did have a few setbacks when it came to paying for our procedure, but the staff and doctor were all very accommodating to make sure it was corrected for us. I think the only thing that set the clinic back was the covid pandemic, but that is out of everyone’s control. My fiancé and I will definitely be sharing our doctor and her clinic with everyone we know.
My fiancé and I started the IVF process already wanting to transfer two embryos. When we explained to doctor our wishes, she immediately let us know the risks of twins and multiples during pregnancy. She definitely gave us a lot to think about before our actual transfer, but we ended up going through with the two embryos and doctor Goldstein supported us all the way.
What specific things went wrong at Reproductive Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Reproductive Fertility.
There was a miscommunication with the person who handled the financial side of things, but as soon as it was brought to Doctor Goldstein’s attention, she had it immediately taken cared of for us.
West Hollywood

I went through egg retrieval process [with Dr. Ellen Goldstein]...We retrieved 13 eggs and from that 5 embryos. We did genetic testing on our embryos and got 2 normal embryos. We selected the best one and underwent natural cycle embryo transfer a month later...She explained to us reasons for why she recommended single embryo transfer based on evidence based medicine...is very personable and explained everything in detail. She made me feel comfortable despite my high anxiety level. I felt like she was invested in this as much as we were.
About $23,000 for IVF and $8,000 for medication [at Reproductive Gynecology]...The clinic was run very efficiently. I didn’t have a long wait time to see the doctor or get my blood works/US. Smooth, in and out of the clinic, without any hassles...My nurse was efficient and put me at ease during daily blood draws. I was updated on results right away and instructions were given in a clear manner. Great communications from the staff.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
I had such a great experience with Dr. Goldstein. I live in Alaska and we don’t have REI, so we flew down to LA for our IVF. Dr. Goldstein and her staff made this journey so smooth and pain free, coordinating everything perfectly. Dr. Goldstein is very personable, hands on, and detail oriented. She also made me feel comfortable every step of this process despite my high anxiety level after experiencing multiple miscarriages prior to my IVF. The best part is that Dr. Goldstein does natural cycle embryo transfer, so no painful IM injections, which was one of the reasons I was hesitant about IVF initially.
Trust her 100%. She knows what she’s doing and very good at it!
Dr. Goldstein is very personable and explained everything in detail. She made me feel comfortable despite my high anxiety level. I felt like she was invested in this as much as we were.
I went through egg retrieval process after giving myself hormone injections and a trigger shot. We retrieved 13 eggs and from that 5 embryos. We did genetic testing on our embryos and got 2 normal embryos. We selected the best one and underwent natural cycle embryo transfer a month later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic was run very efficiently. I didn’t have a long wait time to see the doctor or get my blood works/US. Smooth, in and out of the clinic, without any hassles. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
About $23,000 for IVF and $8,000 for medication.
West Hollywood
After stims, she [Dr. Goldstein] noticed that I wasn't producing as well as she anticipated. There were, I think, two follicles that were decent. So, she went over our options. Go with an IUI and start a new IVF cycle in the event the IUI didn't work, or proceed with the IVF cycle and roll the dice. She detailed our options, and we actually decided the roll the dice with the IVF cycle, because IUIs didn't work for us in the past. Fortunately, she was able to retrieve 9 eggs, and we ended up with 6 frozen embryos. We did a natural cycle transfer, and I'm now 7 weeks pregnant.
I always felt listened to and taken care of [at Reproductive Fertility]...Tasha is an excellent nurse. She's kind, patient, and takes the time to help you understand your medications...They're all very quick to respond to calls and e-mails. They also were very accommodating when it came to blood draws. I live over an hour from the clinic, and to drive over 2 hours for just a draw is kind of a pain, so Tasha was able to create a request for me so that I can test more locally. This was a lifesaver. They're very efficient and accommodating.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
One of the things that stuck out to me about Dr. Goldstein is her balance of being frank yet gentle. We actually met her through the Maven app so we can get some questions answered about SART. It turned out that she was actually located near us, so we decided to schedule a consultation with her right away. At this point, we've connected with over 5 clinics. Many of them went through a series of questions to understand our issues, and a lot of them actually had similar suggestions for our situation: ERA, hormonal testing to see if I'm regular, thyroid testing, laparoscopy, etcetera. But because my records didn't show anything except unexplained fertility, she didn't want me to go through a series of invasive testing unless necessary, especially since I already had one successful pregnancy from a previous IVF cycle with another doctor. Instead, she offered to treat me like a clean slate and troubleshoot from there. It felt reassuring. She also offered a "natural" transfer, which involved no hormonal suppression and instead a transfer was made based on my natural cycle. After being so used to so many shots and drugs, I was nervous, but very excited about the idea. Unlike other experiences I've had, it really felt like Dr. Goldstein wanted to tailor a specific course of treatment based on my needs instead of offering a "standard protocol" that would be offered for every Jane Doe with unexplained fertility. Dr. Goldstein is smart, confident and compassionate making it very easy to trust her. And I'm so glad my husband and I met her through the app and chose her. She is hands down the best fertility doctor I've worked with.
If you were anything like me and looked at SART, culled the web for reviews, asked fertility consultants and coaches, interviewed friends and family, and maybe even looked at possible PR because you're crazy like me, you might want to just stop. Then, schedule an appointment with her. Seriously. You'll stop your crazy search. It's easy to trust her, feel at ease, and know you're in the best of care.
Dr. Goldstein takes the time to explain your options and creates a space for open discussion. She took the time to talk about my test results, my medication, and my options. I even saw her at every single appointment, which is very different from my other fertility clinic experiences. You can tell she values you as a person and truly cares about your outcome.
I started off with birth control to start a cycle, but then had a cyst, which postponed the cycle. So, we ditched the birth control and waited for a period naturally to see if the cyst would go away. It did, but then my ovaries weren't showing as much activity as other times, so we postponed it. I think after another month we proceeded with stims. After stims, she noticed that I wasn't producing as well as she anticipated. There were, I think, two follicles that were decent. So, she went over our options. Go with an IUI and start a new IVF cycle in the event the IUI didn't work, or proceed with the IVF cycle and roll the dice. She detailed our options, and we actually decided the roll the dice with the IVF cycle, because IUIs didn't work for us in the past. Fortunately, she was able to retrieve 9 eggs, and we ended up with 6 frozen embryos. We did a natural cycle transfer, and I'm now 7 weeks pregnant.
Tasha is an excellent nurse. She's kind, patient, and takes the time to help you understand your medications. She communicates well and responds quickly. I always felt listened to and taken care of.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
We had insurance that covered a good amount of our drugs and treatment... so it will be different for everyone. Drugs were $530 Treatment: $12,500 (included blood draws, ultrasounds, IVF cycle, egg retrieval, ICSI, genetic screening, and transfer)
West Hollywood
[Reproductive Fertility's] waiting room, exam rooms, and bathrooms were always clean. They have a coffee & tea machine, which I didn’t use but noticed, and their waiting room has an amazing view of West Hollywood...All the staff at Reproductive Fertility have always been polite, nice, and seemingly hard working every time we’ve been in. When you’re going through a hard, heart-wrenching process, like fertility care, everyone around you matters because your feelings are fragile for so many reasons. I appreciated all of Dr. Goldstein’s staff.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Doctor Ellen Goldstein has been truly a blessing for me and my husband. She really stands out as a gem in her field with her level of knowledge and education. It is shocking how many fertility specialists out there are filled with misinformation and/or old & outdated medical advice. She truly saved us from wasting needless time, energy and money on things unnecessary, while at the same time, being sure to cover all our bases and giving us the best chance possible for a successful pregnancy. To give you an idea of how much we trust only Dr. Goldstein with our fertility... she was out of network for us (with our health insurance) and we still went to her because we wanted the best, and now we know we absolutely made the right decision. In addition to Dr. Goldstein’s great work as a fertility doctor with her knowledge and compassion, she is also extremely attentive. She answered all my (millions of) emails very promptly and called me immediately when needed. I am now in my second trimester of a healthy pregnancy and my husband and I have Doctor Ellen Goldstein to thank for it! It was even bittersweet “graduating” from Dr. Goldstein to my new OB/GYN recently. I swear we truly miss her. When it’s time for baby number two, we will definitely be seeing her again.
Be open and communicate everything with Doctor Goldstein
Dr. Goldstein manages to find the perfect balance of being informative, but also very compassionate simultaneously, which is oh so critical in her line of work, but surprisingly hard to come by. When going through all the ups and downs of fertility assistance, I promise you, you need someone like Dr. Goldstein with her level of sympathy, kindness, compassion, and very importantly, knowledge.
My husband had low morphology, so typically IVF is recommend to get pregnant, but in our specific case, Dr. Goldstein believed we still had a good chance trying IUIs first. And she was right... Given my good/average egg count at 32 years old, and not having any issues, also my husband had mild male factor infertility (not severe). We did two rounds of IUIs, both resulted in chemical pregnancies and were lost. We followed up with doing a saline ultrasound on my uterus which showed there was something that needed to be removed - we believe this may have been the reason for my two miscarriages - so we did a hysteroscopy surgery to “clean out” my uterus. The month following the hysteroscopy we did another IUI which resulted in a successful, and current, healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
The clinic’s waiting room, exam rooms, and bathrooms were always clean. They have a coffee & tea machine, which I didn’t use but noticed, and their waiting room has an amazing view of West Hollywood.
Dr. Goldstein was out of network for us, but we chose to go to her regardless. We were constantly made aware of costs beforehand.
West Hollywood
Dr Goldstein was very sweet and open from the beginning. She explained a lot of options we had given our circumstances. I never felt like I was getting treated like a number. Responded very fast to questions I sent...We came to her with secondary IF. I had a blocked tube. She explained the options we had and percentages of success. The plan was going to be 1 IUI and then we were going to proceed with IVF if that didn’t work. She sat down with both my husband and I and explained all our testing and options and I never felt like I was in the dark or couldn’t ask question. Or she wasn’t knowledgeable. Always friendly. Always answered questions. Demeanor was always friendly.
Kira [nurse at Reproductive Fertility] was great. I loved her from the start. Always professional. Always there for every scan in the IUI process...IUI was 1395 (included: US scans, IUI, sperm count and wash, two betas)...First consultation was - $175 First Pregnancy Scan was $275 Plus, parking lot costs - roughly $50 all together...Proximal Tubal Blockage. Medicated IUI. We went medium-aggressive with medication because we wanted to make sure I would ovulate from open tube. Took 100mg of clomid cd4-cd8. Came in on cd11 for follicle and lining scan. Had 3 follicles. 2 from open tube. Triggered that night with ovidrel. Timed intercourse directions were also given. Iui scheduled for 40hrs later. Beta on 14dpiui.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
She was good. We came to her with secondary IF. I had a blocked tube. She explained the options we had and percentages of success. The plan was going to be 1 IUI and then we were going to proceed with IVF if that didn’t work. She sat down with both my husband and I and explained all our testing and options and I never felt like I was in the dark or couldn’t ask question. Or she wasn’t knowledgeable. Always friendly. Always answered questions. Demeanor was always friendly.
Not sure. Everyone is so different. Maybe don’t be afraid to ask all the questions you want to ask until you are sure about the procedure you’ll do.
Dr Goldstein was very sweet and open from the beginning. She explained a lot of options we had given our circumstances. I never felt like I was getting treated like a number. Responded very fast to questions I sent. Clinic was clean and professional during Covid.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kira)
Kira was great. I loved her from the start. Always professional. Always there for every scan in the IUI process.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
It was an interesting time because it’s Covid so lots of the usual stuff isn’t there. You check in at the front for temp checks. Then go inside for your usual visit. Always wore mask. Couldn’t have my husband at pregnancy scans, but it’s okay. I was still able to record and show him the US scans later.
IUI was 1395 (included: US scans, IUI, sperm count and wash, two betas) Clomid - out of pocket was $36 Ovidrel - $110 First consultation was - $175 First Pregnancy Scan was $275 Plus, parking lot costs - roughly $50 all together.

3 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
She is empathetic. Her protocols are individualized. She respected my time. She communicated promptly. She has a sense of humor....Dr. Ellen Goldstein is an excellent doctor. She is calm, straightforward, but also extremely empathetic... She stands out in individualized management of cases: her protocols are not cookie cutter; she is punctual and values communication: I never had to wait more than ten minutes for appointments or reach out to her for results—she called and emailed promptly; she understands the stress, fear and anxiety in infertility treatments, and as expert as she is as a clinician, her human touch made the process bearable.
Parking is tough. The staff [Reproductive Fertility] is warm. They will go out of their way to help with rescheduling appointments. When I was running out of meds and had a package arriving, they helped me by giving me some menopur and taking mine once the package arrived. Saved me lots of stress and money...The nursing staff was very good and mindful of my needle phobia. They were also very accommodating to my children who had to come with me to visits...[costs] within the normal range for LA fertility dr. ~$20,000 before rx
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility?
Dr. Ellen Goldstein is an excellent doctor. She is calm, straightforward, but also extremely empathetic. She was my first dr in Los Angeles, but my third through this process. She stands out in individualized management of cases: her protocols are not cookie cutter; she is punctual and values communication: I never had to wait more than ten minutes for appointments or reach out to her for results—she called and emailed promptly; she understands the stress, fear and anxiety in infertility treatments, and as expert as she is as a clinician, her human touch made the process bearable. The result of the IVF was also successful, and my cycle with Dr. Goldstein yielded more PGD normal blasts than my cycle five years before.
Expect early appointments.
I’m unable to go into specifics without digging through my notes, but we canceled my first cycle with Follistim to switch to Menopur. The cycle went a bit longer than I expected, but the results were well beyond my expectations at 40 years old. My IVF at 35 produced to normal blasts. With Ellen, five years later, I had three.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Reproductive Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Xochitl)
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility.
Parking is tough. The staff is warm. They will go out of their way to help with rescheduling appointments. When I was running out of meds and had a package arriving, they helped me by giving me some menopur and taking mine once the package arrived. Saved me lots of stress and money.
I can’t remmber exactly, but within the normal range for LA fertility dr. ~$20,000 before rx
We froze for future surrogacy.
Burbank (closed)

2018 - 2021, Successful
She’s [Dr. Goldstein is] kind, empathic and sensitive. I appreciate how she personally delivers sensitive information (good and bad news) either in person or over the phone. I also appreciate how she manages to tell you the truth, address all barriers while also leaving a sliver of hope there. I always felt taken care of. Our appointments never felt rushed and she always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns.
They [Reproductive Fertility Center] are open on the weekends which makes it nice for those that work. Parking was available on site (although you had to pay). Waiting times were minimal. I think I only had one appointment where I had to wait a while. Staff and Dr. Goldstein are always available...appointments never felt rushed and she [Dr. Goldstein] always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Dr. Goldstein is the best. I can’t recommend her more. She’s kind, empathic and sensitive. I appreciate how she personally delivers sensitive information (good and bad news) either in person or over the phone. I also appreciate how she manages to tell you the truth, address all barriers while also leaving a sliver of hope there. I always felt taken care of. Our appointments never felt rushed and she always took the time to ask how I was doing/feeling. She was also very accessible via phone or email for questions and concerns. She truly cares about her patients. When we got pregnant, she was just as excited as we were.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
Don't hesitate to call her and make an appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ellen Goldstein at Reproductive Fertility Center?
She was kind, empathic, and sensitive to our needs.
Describe your experience with Reproductive Fertility Center.
They are open on the weekends which makes it nice for those that work. Parking was available on site (although you had to pay). Waiting times were minimal. I think I only had one appointment where I had to wait a while. Staff and Dr. Goldstein are always available.
Reproductive Fertility Center

2022 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Goldstein has the best bedside manner and always thoroughly explained whatever procedure or next steps were...I was not treated as a number, but an actual person...did two IUI's, 1 egg retrieval, and 3 frozen embryo transfers. All of the procedures, except for 1 of the FET's, I used medication.
Strengths [of Beverly Hills Fertility]...great doctor and team; -state-of-the-art facility; -responsive team and in constant communication; -clear pricing schedule. I do not have any weaknesses for the team to identify at this time...nurses knew my name, cared about me as a person, and answered any questions I had.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Goldstein and the staff at BH Fertility. My fertility journey was long and not easy, but the staff became friends. They always knew my name and were rooting for me. Dr. Goldstein has the best bedside manner and always thoroughly explained whatever procedure or next steps were. One thing I truly appreciated was the fact that I was not treated as a number, but an actual person. Some clinics feel like a mill where they are just turning people out and do come up with a treatment plan specific to your needs. I never felt that way with BH Fertility. I whole heartedly believe that I received the best care from Dr. Goldstein and the staff.
It is a lot of information to process and can feel overwhelming at times. But just take your time. You are not on an immediate timeline, waiting a few weeks to feel sure about your decision is ok. This is a big choice and costs a lot of money, so be sure you are ready to commit to the process.
Dr. Goldstein is the kindest doctor I have ever had and really cares about her patients. She got to know me personally and truly cared about me as a person. She would always be transparent in an empathetic manner and was always available for questions or support.
I did two IUI's, 1 egg retrieval, and 3 frozen embryo transfers. All of the procedures, except for 1 of the FET's, I used medication. I used several different medication protocols. Dr. Goldstein ensured that my body was reacting appropriately to the medication I was taking. Due to the consistent appointments, Dr. Goldstein would see when the meds were not working, and make a change to a different one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Adrianna and Erika)
The nurses knew my name, cared about me as a person, and answered any questions I had. They were also extremely responsive to any emails I sent.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
Strengths: I would say these are some of the strengths of the clinic: -great doctor and team; -state-of-the-art facility; -responsive team and in constant communication; -clear pricing schedule. I do not have any weaknesses for the team to identify at this time.
Costs were the same as other clinics in the area. The pricing schedule was very easy when I met with the finance staff.
Dr. Goldstein recommended one embryo per a FET. For my third FET cycle, I used two embryos. Before the transfer procedure, Dr. Goldstein would explain to me all of the risks associated with transferring two embryos. I felt informed throughout the entire process.

2021 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Goldstien is one of the most compassionate and knowledgeable doctors...could always see and feel how much she cared about us and the outcome of our treatments...was also very available if I had additional questions after my appointments...was always interested in my thoughts, questions and feelings
[Beverly Hills Fertility] atmosphere is very positive. Everyone there is friendly...waiting room has a calm setting with blankets...same place for your regular appointments as well as your procedures...Even the lab and embryologist are right there...They bill one sum for each treatment that includes bloodwork, ultrasounds and the procedure if there is one.
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstien is one of the most compassionate and knowledgeable doctors I have ever met. She was able to put my husband and I at ease from the first visit. We could always see and feel how much she cared about us and the outcome of our treatments. She showed interest in us as human beings and was always available by email in a way I have never experienced from a doctor before. When we got our positive pregnancy test, she and her team were so happy for us. It was a long road to get where we got but I always enjoyed my visits with her. And we are so grateful that she is such a huge part of us creating our family.
If you feel nervous, just go talk to her. She will answer all your questions and has a calming presence. She does not put any pressure on you to do anything other than what you feel you want or need.
She was always interested in my thoughts, questions and feelings. She was also very available if I had additional questions after my appointments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Beverly Hills Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Christina Membrere )
She was just a beam of sunshine and always seemed happy to see us. I became so comfortable with her that even when I would drop in to have my blood drawn, I would request she do it if she was available. When we got our positive pregnancy test she was (and still is) so happy for us. She and Dr. Goldstein still check in to see how we are doing. Christina has always shown us compassion and kindness. She also knows what she is doing and I trusted her completely as I did and do Dr. Goldstein.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The atmosphere is very positive. Everyone there is friendly. When you walk in, the waiting room has a calm setting with blankets (in case it’s a chilly day) water, coffee- my husband always liked the candy they had at the desk. The clinic has everything needed right there. So you go to the same place for your regular appointments as well as your procedures. That was nice. Even the lab and embryologist are right there. And you can tell they take great care in their work. She does the ultrasounds herself and they have a large screen in front of the exam table so you can easily see what they are seeing. I really loved that.
2022, Successful
Dr. Ellen Goldstein is one of the most helpful doctor I have ever ever had in my entire life. When things were pretty messed up and no hope for being a mom, she is the one who have encouraged me to be strong, stay positive and allowed me to keep on believing in this treatment...her communication skills is excellent. Every time she tries to keep her patient up to date and replies to email right away...
This clinic [Beverly Hills Fertility] is pretty new and easy to find. Also, they environment is clean and organized. I liked how it has been decorated as well. Another cool thing is that they have a parking lot where you can easily park and they would validate the parking pass for you too...They were friendly and welcoming...
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Ellen Goldstein is one of the most helpful doctor I have ever ever had in my entire life. When things were pretty messed up and no hope for being a mom, she is the one who have encouraged me to be strong, stay positive and allowed me to keep on believing in this treatment. As her patient, I strongly recommend her to anyone who is going through infertility. I bet they will be able to see how nice she is. Also, her communication skills is excellent. Every time she tries to keep her patient up to date and replies to email right away. Overall, I will never forget her tribute to make a family happy!
I would say go for it. You will be lucky to feel confident about her treatment.
She has given me several. At this time, I am using endometrin. Usually no major side effect or pain from it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Beverly Hills Fertility.
They were friendly and welcoming.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
This clinic is pretty new and easy to find. Also, they environment is clean and organized. I liked how it has been decorated as well. Another cool thing is that they have a parking lot where you can easily park and they would validate the parking pass for you too.
At this facility, I paid $250 for the obg Scan.
elective single embryo transfer

2023, 22 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Goldstein was very thorough in my consultation and showed compassion for my situation...made necessary changes during the course of treatment to increase the number of eggs retrieved...Birth control 8 days Menopur, Follistim for approx 10 days Ganirelix few days before egg retrieval to prevent LH surge
[Beverly Hills Fertility] is nice and clean and modern. The waiting room is comfortable. Appointments did get a little busy/backed up at times but understandable due to the nature of procedures going on and unpredictability that can occur...Procedure was approx $8500 Medications came to approx $3000
How was your experience with Ellen Goldstein at Beverly Hills Fertility?
Dr. Goldstein was very thorough in my consultation and showed compassion for my situation. She was great at explaining the facts concisely. She laid out the game plan and my chances for success in a manner that was easy to understand, while still showing kindness. She also made necessary changes during the course of treatment to increase the number of eggs retrieved. The only downside was I wish I was better prepared for how uncomfortable and almost unbearable the week prior to my egg retrieval date was. It was very difficult to walk the last few days. Thankfully, I was in between jobs because I couldn’t imagine having to go to work (at a physically-demanding job) in that state. BUT I am not sure if the discomfort was just related to the number of eggs retrieved so this level of discomfort may be uncommon? All in all, the pain was temporary and well worth it! I felt immediate relief as soon as the procedure was completed.
Dr. Goldstein and her team were very compassionate and kind.
Describe your experience with Beverly Hills Fertility.
The clinic is nice and clean and modern. The waiting room is comfortable. Appointments did get a little busy/backed up at times but understandable due to the nature of procedures going on and unpredictability that can occur.
Procedure was approx $8500 Medications came to approx $3000
Did not discuss as I only went for egg retrieval so far.