LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

9.9

RWJ Rutgers

Eric Forman works in 1 office at

5 Columbus Circle

2018 - 2020, Successful
I trusted Dr. Forman's suggestion on transferring a single embryo for my first IVF cycle and it was successful...was always kind, respectful, and took his time explaining all procedures to my husband and I. He never made us feel rushed at any point, and he took his time to answer all our questions. He made sure we understood the pros and cons of all the procedures before they were done...goes above and beyond to provide quality care for his patients. He always addresses my question and concerns since our very first meeting. He explains all procedures in detail and makes sure you understand the pros and cons before it is done. He never forces any procedures on you, he suggests it, gives you all the information, and lets you decide if you want to take that approach. Because of the quality work and great advice from Dr. Forman, I now have a healthy baby boy.
Nurse Christine[at Columbia University] is amazing. She always delivers the results by phone or email as soon as it becomes available. She is also available to answer any questions or concerns, if not she usually gets back to you as soon as she can...Overall, Columbia fertility is a wonderful place. As you exit the elevator you are greeted with friendly smiles from the front desk employees which makes you feel welcome. The office is bright, clean, and comfortable with complimentary refreshments. The wait time to be seen is very short.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
There aren't enough words to describe how amazing Dr. Eric Forman is. He is kind, very compassionate, extremely knowledgable, great communication, and he handles all procedures with great attention and care. Dr. Forman goes above and beyond to provide quality care for his patients. He always addresses my question and concerns since our very first meeting. He explains all procedures in detail and makes sure you understand the pros and cons before it is done. He never forces any procedures on you, he suggests it, gives you all the information, and lets you decide if you want to take that approach. Because of the quality work and great advice from Dr. Forman, I now have a healthy baby boy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Ask all the questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman was always kind, respectful, and took his time explaining all procedures to my husband and I. He never made us feel rushed at any point, and he took his time to answer all our questions. He made sure we understood the pros and cons of all the procedures before they were done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo)
Nurse Christine is amazing. She always delivers the results by phone or email as soon as it becomes available. She is also available to answer any questions or concerns, if not she usually gets back to you as soon as she can.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at Columbia University.
Insurance covered the cost
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Columbia University

During that retrieval, Dr. Forman did a scratch test to see if there was any inflammation in my uterine lining. There was a few plasma cells found, so I took an antibiotic for that. We also went back and figured out which protocol provided my thickest lining and we decided menopur and Gonal f would gain the best lining for me...was ALWAYS available. Whether it was to vent or ask small questions, there was always an email in return. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I traveled in from northern NJ to see him and he was always considerate for that too.
She [nurse at Columbia] constantly returned my phone calls to answer all my questions and keep me calm. I can’t say enough good things...Columbia is gorgeous! Everything is clean and everyone when you walk in is friendly and helpful. Every one who ever drew my blood got to know me and made me feel super comfortable. The sonographers were informative and knowledgeable. I was always able to get in contact with someone to answer my question.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
The level of contact and patience he had for me as a patient goes above and beyond any other doctor I’ve ever seen. From the moment we met, I felt totally comfortable and respected any decisions Dr. Forman suggested as my course of treatment.
Ask questions and always be your own advocate no matter who your doctor is.
Dr. Forman was ALWAYS available. Whether it was to vent or ask small questions, there was always an email in return. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I traveled in from northern NJ to see him and he was always considerate for that too.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
For all 3 IUIs we did letrozole to stimulate follicles. Then I was the one who volunteered to proceed to IVF. For the first egg retrieval, we used menopur and Gonal F. Then we added centrotide and triggered with HCG. For those frozen transfers, we did estradiol to thicken my lining and then progesterone in oil. After 1 miscarriage and 2 failed transfers, we decided to do a second egg retrieval. This was the same protocol. During that retrieval, Dr. Forman did a scratch test to see if there was any inflammation in my uterine lining. There was a few plasma cells found, so I took an antibiotic for that. We also went back and figured out which protocol provided my thickest lining and we decided menopur and Gonal f would gain the best lining for me. This was a natural cycle that I triggered a follicle and used progesterone suppositories instead of the oil. That’s what did the trick!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Christine and Gertrude are also amazing people. Christine is always so happy and positive. She constantly returned my phone calls to answer all my questions and keep me calm. I can’t say enough good things about these two women. They’re super respectful, professional, and compassionate with patients.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I have amazing insurance as a teacher so everything was covered except for genetic testing of embryos and cryopreservation. The biopsy was $2500 per retrieval and $100 per month for storage.
I always wanted to have one child at a time and Dr. Forman is a big advocate for it, so it was perfect for us.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman personally answers emails with any questions you may have. When I had an issue with medication not being called in, he helped me during the weekend so I can get my medication in time to start my IVF...Our first consultation with Dr. Forman was very detailed. He explained my diagnosis and the process moving forward. We decided to go straight to IVF due to my condition. The doctor is not the type that is overly warm, but he is knowledgeable and always on top of the latest research. He is more of the traditional and convention IVF view.
I dealt with a number of nurses [at Columbia University] while one of them was out so never really go to build good rapport...Finance department was giving out my old insurance information to doctors when I had changed insurance plans at the beginning of my IVF cycle. Failed to call in prior authorization for one of the medication resulting in me having to chase around to get the drug approved or risk delaying the start of my cycle. Did not take enough specimen for the tests we were going to perform
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
He is not overly warm but will be blunt and honest about the treatment ahead. I would suggest to do your own research about the latest tests available and bring it up to see if he is okay to it. Be an advocate for yourself.
Gonal F, Menuopur, Novidel trigger for egg retrieval. Lupron, estrace, and progesterone in oil for transfer.
I dealt with a number of nurses while one of them was out so never really go to build good rapport.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Clinic was bright, clean, modern. The finance department was horrible. Super hard to get in touch with. Had the wrong insurance information. The finance coordinator does not pick up the phone ever and I always had to leave messages for her to call me back. Phone tag basically. The clinic was not too transparent with costs unlike other clinics. I felt I had to advocate for myself and asks about costs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
Very quick and easy. The earlier you go the better. In an out in 15 minutes. If you want to have your doctor perform your ultrasound you need to request it and the doctor may not always be available.
Not sure yet...
He strongly suggests single embryo transfer.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman is awesome. He’s very responsive and always lets you know the possible outcomes. Obviously what Him and the embryologists do is incredible the science is there but there’s the parts they can’t control and he lets you know up front. He also lets you make your decisions without pressure but tells you his point of view. I trusted Dr Forman the whole step of the way and very grateful for him and all he’s done for us...always lets you know the possible outcomes. Obviously what Him and the embryologists do is incredible the science is there but there’s the parts they can’t control and he lets you know up front. He also lets you make your decisions without pressure but tells you his point of view. I trusted Dr Forman the whole step of the way and very grateful for him and all he’s done for us.
Christine [nurse at Columbia Fertility Associates] was amazing. Very patient, quick to respond and genuinely cared. Also all of the nurses that took my blood were the best. So gentle and caring...Retrieval cycle including PGS testing (not Transfer as insurance covered) around $14,000. Didn’t have to pay for monitoring as my insurance covered this as well...The office is beautiful. Doesn’t feel like a doctors office at all. At first I was worried that the costs would be much higher than other clinics but that’s not the case! The staff is wonderful. The nurses and all the doctors that I had the experience of dealing with. Nothing but positive things to say about Columbia!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia Fertility Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at Columbia Fertility Associates?
Trust his judgment and take notes if you’re one that needs to know all the details!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at Columbia Fertility Associates?
Dr. Forman and his staff knew me and out conversations and appointments showed that. You can tell they truly care about their patients. When you go in for your retrieval and transfer it’s one room so one person at a time. You don’t feel like your in a hospital. Very different from my other clinic.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at Columbia Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
He changed my protocol after my first clinic wasn’t successful as I ovulated before they went in for retrieval. He used lupron micro flare along with follistim and menopour.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo )
Christine was amazing. Very patient, quick to respond and genuinely cared. Also all of the nurses that took my blood were the best. So gentle and caring.
Describe your experience with Columbia Fertility Associates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at Columbia Fertility Associates.
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia Fertility Associates.
N-a
Columbia Fertility Associates
Washington DC

Dr. Forman did clearly explain everything he did and why he was doing it... Kind, compassionate, always available even in off hours by phone and email. He helped us to procure a New York State fertility grant for which other clinics had huge and unreasonable waitlists, and got us in right before the annual deadline so that we could do an egg retrieval immediately! Without his extra attention and assistance, we could never have done the retrieval at all.
Columbia never ever felt like a cattle call...I was always treated quickly and with great attention and care...is the pinnacle of fertility care, from a super clean and new facility to great doctors, nurses, and administrators. I have complete confidence in everyone I saw there and they made me feel very well cared for throughout the whole process...The nursing staff is all friendly, warm, compassionate, and utterly competent, to the point that I somehow didn't even mind any of the blood draws or the going in early for monitoring!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is always willing to explain everything down to the smallest detail, and has always been available for us when we had any questions or concerns. After a mediocre experience with one doctor at another clinic, and a terrible experience with another doctor at another clinic, finding Dr. Forman felt like a godsend.
Don't hesitate to ask questions! He's got the answers
Dr. Forman is incredible. Kind, compassionate, always available even in off hours by phone and email. He helped us to procure a New York State fertility grant for which other clinics had huge and unreasonable waitlists, and got us in right before the annual deadline so that we could do an egg retrieval immediately! Without his extra attention and assistance, we could never have done the retrieval at all.
While I don't recall the precise strategies now, Dr. Forman did clearly explain everything he did and why he was doing it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia is the pinnacle of fertility care, from a super clean and new facility to great doctors, nurses, and administrators. I have complete confidence in everyone I saw there and they made me feel very well cared for throughout the whole process.
Columbia never ever felt like a cattle call (distinctly different from NYU, which always did). I was always treated quickly and with great attention and care.
Dr. Forman helped us to get a New York State grant for partial coverage of our egg retrievals, without which we could not have afforded treatment. All other billing was handled efficiently and logically.
No comment.
Columbia University
I feel so fortunate to have had Dr. Forman as my doctor - he saw me through cycles of treatment, a miscarriage, D&C, retrieval, transfer, and ultimately a healthy pregnancy. I have zero hesitations going back to Dr. Forman to pick up treatment for future children. I am the type of patient that wants to know all the details, the numbers, the statistics, etc. And Dr. Forman patiently answered all of my questions. He was always accessible by email and felt that he wanted us to succeed and was invested in our personal wellbeing (not because it would improve his business/record, etc.).
I switched clinics because the other clinic felt like a factory - and felt a complete difference once I switched to Dr. Forman/Columbia...I thought the rest of the clinical staff though was great as well - anybody who gave me an ultrasound or did my bloodwork was always warm and helpful...Never had to wait too long and I really appreciated it.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Don't be afraid to ask him questions. Gather all of your questions and ask in one shot, rather than pepper him with questions in a number of emails/calls etc. I prefer things in writing so I can refer back to them later, Dr. Forman had no problem with email communication and really appreciated that he was super responsive. He is very receptive to input (i.e. dont think he's insulted if you ask follow-up questions on the protocol) - and is willing and able to answer the whats and the whys.
I switched clinics because the other clinic felt like a factory - and felt a complete difference once I switched to Dr. Forman/Columbia. Dr. Forman always had time for me and for my questions - a couple of times he even called us from his car on his commute home so we could pepper him with all of our questions. Although he is not necessarily the person who sees you at every appointment I felt like he was actively reviewing my case at every turn and bump in the road and knew I could always reach out if I needed to speak with him directly. The nurses and ultrasound techs were also great - never treating us like a number. They were comforting when we went through challenges and there to celebrate with us when we had good news to share too. It seemed like they were all rooting for us to succeed, which doesn't happen if you are at a clinic that treats you like a number.
Don't remember the specifics - but he strongly encouraged a frozen transfer so that the retrieval cycle could focus separately on creating the best eggs for retrieval (and not have to worry about creating a hospitable environment for transfer until the following cycle).
There was a bit of an adjustment period with Christine, I think I had one interaction with Christine that was not the most positive and felt it was because she was less aware of my own specific situation, I don't really remember the specifics and felt like she was playing goalie to Dr. Forman at the time. That was earlier in my experience with the clinic, but I got bolder as time went on and learnt to ask for what I needed. Also, I think Christine got used to my follow-up questions... knowing that I would want to know exact numbers and levels etc, she started providing those ahead of my asking for them at some point (rather than just telling me the follow-up instructions). I also preferred instructions in writing, so before she would call me with results she would email me the results as well. I thought the rest of the clinical staff though was great as well - anybody who gave me an ultrasound or did my bloodwork was always warm and helpful.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Although they have many patients it did not feel like a factory. The location was great for us - right off the subway line (our previous clinic was about an hour commute by public transit, switching to Columbia cut it down to 30 minutes). Dealing with the financial/insurance stuff may always be a headache, but I felt like the financial coordinator did not always go about the pre-approvals/authorizations the right way. Always follow-up with them or with insurance and don't assume that they know what they're doing unfortunately.
Never had to wait too long and I really appreciated it.
I had an insurance coverage issue that required us to switch employee insurance mid-year and Dr. Formans office was the first to help us discover it. Insurance covered everything after 5K OOP Maximum, however insurance had limits to how much they would cover for meds and IVF procedures to 35K maximum. As I did not know how many cycles I would need, and the mark-up for meds through insurance was ridiculous (5K through insurance for the same med that I can purchase for $800 out of pocket, from THE SAME PHARMACY! Not a joke, and I'm surprised it's legal) I opted to pay for most of my meds out of pocket to ensure that I would still have coverage available if needed for a second cycle.
Multiples are tougher pregnancies, and we were transferring a PGT euploid embryo, which has an even greater likelihood of pregnancy. I was not pushing for a multiple transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
Husband came to provide bloodwork for specific test results and they submitted his blood for the wrong test. Needed to resubmit another blood sample. IVF meds were a little difficult to coordinate there was some back and forth between Diana and a misunderstanding of what meds were required. IVF meds are complicated so I guess its understandable and ultimately we got to the right place, it was just a little bit of stress I wish I didn't have to deal with.
Columbia University
Dr Forman is honest and straightforward. I knew exactly what we were doing and why, and my expectations were set and leveled. And, when I need to reach out to him (usually via email). he is quick to respond. I feel like he is my partner in this journey...I like that Dr Forman doesn't sugar coat anything. I like that he gives me details, explains things clearly (uses visuals even), and I know what to expect every step of the way. I don't think his style works for everyone, but I think if you're ok with someone level setting you at each step then he is great.
I love Columbia. The one drawback is how busy they are, but I love the attention I get. I have never had a negative experience (other than being in a crowded waiting room). Don't be afraid to speak up if you think you're being lost in the crowd, the staff is incredibly responsive. I think it may feel intimidating and clinical to someone who is new, but once you start your treatments you'll feel like you're being taken care of.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Don't be turned off by his straightforward manner. You are going to be in the best mindset possible under his treatment.
We used Clomid, Menopur, and Gonal-F. I am older so I needed more egg stimulation for IVF.
I love Christine and the nursing staff at Columbia. I was anxious about shots - before and after IVF, and they were extremely helpful in getting me over my anxieties.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
IVF cycle out of pocket was a little under $14,000; implantation was about $3,000 out of pocket, and the embryo storage (to take it out) was about $5000
I had no choice but to go with single embryo transfer - I only has one healthy embryo.
Columbia University

Columbia Fertility is a well run place, the receptionists are organized and always check you in on time when you arrive for an appointment or monitoring. The nurses and ultrasound tech is polite and sweet, always great bedside manner. I would say there is not much of weakness at all...We went straight to IVF with antagonist protocol, it did not need pre-treatment. We did the shots for 7 day and was able to retrieved 7 eggs even though we saw over 20 follicles during the monitoring.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable in his field, he attends many reproductive conferences and participate in guest panels, we know from the moment we met him he is a detailed and smart doctor. He does not sugar coat any statistics or facts at the same time he always maintain positive and encouraging. Being I am 43, time is important so after our discussion with Dr. Forman, we decided to go straight into IVF instead of multiple rounds of IUI. Through out our decision making Dr Forman was always there when we had a question or concern. Never once we doubted Dr. Forman's recommendation.
Do your own research and come to Dr. Forman with your questions and he will answer them one by one and put your mind at ease.
Dr Forman is one of the best in his field, from our initial consultation, he asked how many kids we want to have and since neither of us have any kids, we couldn’t even fathom how to answer that question. After our first meeting, he shared with us his email address in case we had more questions about the process. Then later that night Dr Forman sent us an follow up email on our consultation. During the NYC blackout, the clinic is within the blackout zone and we were worried about our embryos in the clinic lab. We emailed Dr. Forman and he responded quickly to assured our embryos are safe in the nitrogen tanks and later shared on his social media that one of the embryologist climbed 13 flights of stairs to ensure all the back up generators were working. This is such brilliant team work, Dr Forman has a very capable team aside him.
Dr. Forman entire team work seamlessly. Christine is Dr. Forman's main nurse, she always emailed or contact us on the treatment plan and monitoring results. Gertrude is Dr. Forman's secretary, she is always on point in scheduling the appointment and coordinate office visits. When one of them is not available, there is always other support staff stepping in and communicate with you. In this process, every single piece of communication is so important and needed.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Well run clinic and very efficient. The staff always inform you if there is more than few minutes of wait. They always try to work around your schedule the best they can and we always felt well treated.
IVF one cycle is about $17,000 without the meds.
We trust Dr. Forman's recommendation on Single Embryo Transfer as we do not want the risks of having multiples.
LGBTQ+

LGBTQ+
The clinic itself [Columbia U] is clean and comfortable. The environment is one in which you feel comfortable.The only downfall is the morning monitoring. The timing sometimes conflict with my work schedule so if you have to be monitored before work I would suggest arriving as early as possible. They are however willing to accommodate you if you arrive after the monitoring window. The clinic is easily accessible in the city by various meth6 of transportation
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is very open about the treatment protocol. I underwent 3 transfers at a different clinic and neither resulted in pregnancy. I was frustrated and seeking advice from someone other then the doctor o was seeing who's only recommendation was to proceed with another embryo transfer w/o knowing why they kept failing. Dr. Forman was the only person I encountered who opened up other options for me.
Eric Forman may seem standoffish but I've come to realize that's just his personality. He seems a bit of an introvert. He does however know fertility and takes extra care to ensure you feel comfortable. Without Dr. Forman offering other options I would never have come to learn new things about myself and my fertility.
Eric Forman was very open and honest during our consultation and I didnt feel like he was reciting a speech like every other doctor. Dr. Forman goes out of his was to answer all emails and questions even on Sundays when no one van be reached. I appreciate his transparency.
I've just recently started seeing Dr. Forman however I already feel comfortable with him. After multiple failed transfers he was the only person who offered me an option. Instead of pushing me to proceed with another transfer that could potentially fail and result in losing my last embryo he suggested an new test to measure my receptivity to the transfers and it turns out that I needed more time on progesterone than my previous doctor was aware of. All of my transfers were being done too soon.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
The nurses are always kind and always seem to put my nerves at ease.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic itself is clean and comfortable. The environment is one in which you feel comfortable.The only downfall is the morning monitoring. The timing sometimes conflict with my work schedule so if you have to be monitored before work I would suggest arriving as early as possible. They are however willing to accommodate you if you arrive after the monitoring window. The clinic is easily accessible in the city by various meth6 of transportation so finding it isnt a problem.
I've only done testing this far but I believe s round of IVF was quoted around 16K.
Dr. Forman advised that because of my age I should only transfer 1 embryo. We havent gotten to the tra sfer process yet but I trust his judgment and if the next transfer fails he said he is open to discussing the possibility of transferring more then one.
Columbia University

I never felt like a number with Dr Forman. At the beginning of your treatment he sits down with you and takes a long time to explain everything. You never get the sense that his mind is elsewhere. I will admit that during IUI cycles, we got a bit less of his attention....Once we made the decision to start IVF I did feel we got a bit more attention from Dr Forman... Dr Forman is very blunt. Not in a mean way, he certainly is very compassionate, but you can tell he is a man with an analytical mind.
The space [Columbia U] is very beautiful and feels high end, which I appreciate since you really do spend so much time there. It’s nice that they have a clean and modern office. The front desk staff had a few hiccups. One of the receptionists had a nervous laugh which always felt insensitive given the gravity of what we’re dealing with. There can be a lot of chatter and giggles at the front desk sometimes, which also feels inappropriate given their surroundings.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr Forman is very blunt. Not in a mean way, he certainly is very compassionate, but you can tell he is a man with an analytical mind. He never inflated probabilities and was always honest about what the chances for complication were. He is readily available by email and phone if needed. I always felt that we were dealing with a very smart man and that we were in good hands
Don’t expect a ton of attention with regards to the IUIs. Dr Forman even admitted to me that they don’t expect them to work (which I had always suspected, anyway.) however, with regards to IVF he takes it much more seriously
I never felt like a number with Dr Forman. At the beginning of your treatment he sits down with you and takes a long time to explain everything. You never get the sense that his mind is elsewhere. I will admit that during IUI cycles, we got a bit less of his attention. I think this is probably standard and I had to remind myself that while this is my entire world, he is dealing with many patients. Once we made the decision to start IVF I did feel we got a bit more attention from Dr Forman
I have unexplained infertility. The only hiccup in my bloodwork was borderline hypothyroid, so we started on Synthroid right away. For my first cycle we did clomid and an IUI. My uterine lining was thin as a side effect of the clomid so for the second cycle we switched to letrozole. After we decided to try IVF we did an SHG test. I had done an HSG 6 months prior, but he wanted to make sure everything looked normal before starting IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Like Dr Forman himself, Christine becomes a bit more available when you decide to do IVF. she is very sweet and compassionate, but can sometimes be hard to chase down
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The space is very beautiful and feels high end, which I appreciate since you really do spend so much time there. It’s nice that they have a clean and modern office. The front desk staff had a few hiccups. One of the receptionists had a nervous laugh which always felt insensitive given the gravity of what we’re dealing with. There can be a lot of chatter and giggles at the front desk sometimes, which also feels inappropriate given their surroundings. Sometimes I was told by the doctor or nurse that the front desk would have information that they didn’t and I felt like the front desk would rely on me to know what it was I needed to sign or pay for. I think the staff at the front could use a little extra sensitivity and professionalism training.
IUIs were $660 flat. We had no IVF coverage so it was about $14,000
Dr Forman doesn’t believe in transferring multiples in my age range. He says the risk of miscarriage and complication is higher and I believe him
Columbia University

I felt that Dr. Forman actually knew me as an individual. He remembered and acknowledged details about both my medical history and personal life. He took time to write me emails on his own time to check in with how I was feeling when my husband and I received negative news after a TESE procedure....I would say Dr. Forman leans more towards the blunt end of sharing clinical information and doesn’t shield his patients from any potential risks or poor outcomes that can be scary to hear. If it seems off-putting initially, just know he truly does care and made that known to me through his diligent follow up and never forgetting any details of my case.
The clinic [Columbia] is beautiful, newly renovated and clean. I usually did not have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. The workers at the front desk and friendly and happy to assist with any issues/concerns...They [nursing staff] were very compassionate and quick to share results. They also responded quickly to any questions/concerns sent via email... I do not have any insurance coverage but thus far am pleased with the lack of excess charges I’ve received. I think costs are consistent with the average and I’m still waiting for some bills to roll in. However they helped when they could and even waived one charge.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is not only kind and compassionate, but also extremely knowledgeable and does not leave any details to mystery. At times, his explanations felt verbose and overwhelming but I suppose that is a natural feeling in this situation. He is happy to answer any and all questions and will repeat information as much as you need him to. He is very easy to contact. He always let me know when he will be away and responds to emails within a few hours.
I completed one IUI cycle with Dr. Forman. I used Clomid followed by an Ovidrel injection prior to insemination. During this process I was frequently monitored by ultrasound to assess my eggs and blood hormone levels. This continued after a positive pregnancy result to monitor the embryo until I was discharged from his care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude Wilfred & Christine Helbo )
They were very compassionate and quick to share results. They also responded quickly to any questions/concerns sent via email.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is beautiful, newly renovated and clean. I usually did not have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. The workers at the front desk and friendly and happy to assist with any issues/concerns.
Unfortunately I do not have any insurance coverage but thus far am pleased with the lack of excess charges I’ve received. I think costs are consistent with the average and I’m still waiting for some bills to roll in. However they helped when they could and even waived one charge.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman absolutely takes the time to sit down with you hear your story and explain his hypothesis. Even before you start explaining, he shows he has studied your medical history thoroughly. When contacting him, he always know perfectly well who you and your partner are and is on top of thing 24-7.... He´s straightforward in a way in which you understand perfectly well what you are getting into and have realistic expectations of what´s to come. He explains every detail with patience and takes all the questions you want to ask.
Columbia University Fertility Center is absolutely great. The place itself is spacious, full of light, super clean. The staff have everything organized and coordinated perfectly. There can be days (Fridays) when it gets a bit crowded, but, in general, it´s rather calm and respect your times. I am very surprised with their punctuality and how well organized everything is.... The nursing team is great, they´re efficient, they make you feel safe and at ease.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman takes time to evaluate and analyse each patient´s particular history and needs. He´s straightforward in a way in which you understand perfectly well what you are getting into and have realistic expectations of what´s to come. He explains every detail with patience and takes all the questions you want to ask. He´s very professional, serious, and gained our trust since day one.
Take advantage of the fact that he answers all his emails within an hour. Ask every doubt you have, he´ll be there.
We started out with a medium dose of Clomid, ater having tried Letrozole with my general Ob-Gyn before with no reaction at all. The response with Clomid was slow but there was a reaction and had my ovulation induced with Ovidrell and an IUI performed two days later. I am still waiting to know the results.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Until now, we have only spent about $2000 out of pocket, but our insurance is covering most of it, about 90% of it up until now.
We haven´t gotten to that on my case but he has pointed out that he prefers single ebryo tranfer to reduce risk of multiples.
Columbia University

Dr Forman was my 3rd fertility doctor after going to other IVF clinics in NYC. His level of personal attention and detail is amazing. He never rushes you and takes a lot of time to answer your questions. He really took a lot of time to understand why my IVF response was poor to make a customized plan for me ... Dr Forman took a lot of time to read through my reports and understand our case.
Overall, we had a great experience at Columbia. Strengths: you need to schedule your monitoring appointments, so I never waited too long for my ultrasound/ blood work, the front desk is very friendly and helpful and the clinic is very clean. Weaknesses: sometimes things can appear a bit disorganized here as they are so busy. They are also very simple and don't have any of the fluff like other clinics like bottled water, snacks, etc.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is truly amazing. I had previous IVF treatments at 2 different clinics across NYC and went to Dr Forman after being suggested to go for an egg donor with my previous clinic. Dr Forman took a lot of time to read through my reports and understand our case. During our 1st visit, he told us that we are too young and early in our journey to give up and can try different protocols. I went through 2 IVF cycles with Dr Forman and he changed the protocol during each cycle to try something new so that it could give me a fresh chance to get more embryos due to poor egg quality. Even when we were undergoing our transfer process, he insisted we try a natural cycle transfer protocol instead of doing the usual medicated ones to see if it helps increase our chances. Dr Forman's communication is immaculate! I never had to wait for more than an hour to get his response via email.
Listen carefully to what he says and trust his judgement and ability to try something new.
With my previous IVF cycle, I did not get any embryos due to poor egg quality. During our first IVF cycle, Dr Forman reduced the dose of Menopur for the first few days to help curb my estrogen levels since my eggs were maturing too early leading to poor egg quality. The cycle lasted a few more days but he wanted to ensure that the follicles were a good size and did not mature too early before retrieval. I was able to get 1 day 6 embryo from this cycle. With my 2nd IVF cycle, Dr Forman tried the long Lupron protocol to help improve egg quality. I was doing a micro dose of Lupron for about 2-3 weeks before starting actual IVF medication. This cycle gave us 2 embryos. We then did the ERA test since we had 2 failed transfer cycles with our very first IVF treatment at another clinic. Dr Forman wanted to make sure that we were transfering the embryo at the right time since some women have shifted windows of implantation. The test came back at the right window for previous transfers. Dr Forman then decided to do a natural cycle transfer for us to try something new and see if it works better with my body this time.
Christine was my nurse and care coordinator and she was great. She always followed up with my instructions on time and was very prompt with answering all my questions and putting in medication requests.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We went to Dr Forman after 2 IVF cycles at other clinics. So we had already met our deductible and out of pocket, so our insurance covered most of it. Some high level costs we paid for are: Medications - $900 Embryo freezing - $1200 Embryo thawing - $700 Monitoring - $250 (combining all co-pays) ERA test - $800 (not covered by insurance)
Dr Forman has a vert strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo if you are <35. I wanted to transfer all 3 embryos due to previous failed transfer but he strongly advocated for 1 embryo transfer since he thought it was very risky to transfer multiple ones.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman was a kind and gentle man who was incredibly well informed, well trained and handled all communications and procedures with great attention and care. From our initial meeting to our most recent, he has taken the time to review all our concerns, teach us the necessary science and let us work through the options. I feel we were in charge of the decision(s) we made and always felt I was informed.
Columbia Fertility is a wonderful practice. I felt like a dignified, respected patient. It wasn't like some clinics I have heard of where the lobby is always packed like some kind of baby-making factory. Everyone who works at the front desk is happy and helpful. The practice is clean/modern and well run.... Christine was a delight to work with. Very communicative throughout the process and kind during our many visits!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
IVF is always a choice. There is a huge amount of pressure, when seeing a fertility doctor, to get pregnant as soon as possible--but making each decision with your partner, without pressure from anyone else is very important.
Dr. Forman and his staff were very kind, informative, educated, clear and concise. They treated me just the way I treat others!
We elected not to move to IVF treatment just yet. My fiance has male factor infertility that could potentially be solved through surgery. As I am young and in good fertile health, we elected to wait to pursue IVF until after the surgery is complete and hopefully the sperm quality is much higher quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine and Gertrude)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Dr. Forman and his practice took our insurance. So the costs were not too bad for the variety of tests we needed. We didn't choose to pursue IVF just yet--so we weren't hit with the huge IVF+ bills.
Dr. Forman said he rarely transfers multiple embryos (only in extreme cases). At first I wasn't aware that single embryo transfer was preferred due to the increased risk to mother and child--but after learning a great amount during the course of our journey, I would not see a doctor who regularly practiced multiple embryo transfer.
Columbia University
Dr. Forman provided us with such individualized care! He has a great memory and remembers everything detail of your treatment. Whenever I had a question or concern, he would email me back usually within half an hour. Truly amazing for such a busy doctor!!...He is so calm and kind and was always honest with us but at the same time always gave us hope! He is very knowledgeable. We went to him after 3 chemical pregnancies. Dr. Forman suggested we try a “natural” transfer cycle, as my cycles are regular - and it worked!! No other doctor had ever suggested this. He is always available for questions and concerns and really treats you like a human being.
I would always be a nervous wreck at work waiting for my BHCG blood results but they [nurses at Columbia University] always emailed me back so quickly so I wouldn’t have to be nervous all day!...Clinic is brand new. Beautiful and very calm atmosphere. Lots of light and neutral colors. The exam rooms are clean and they give you actual cotton sheets to cover yourself with - not those paper ones. The receptionists and blood technicians were always friendly and lovely as well!...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is a genius! He is so calm and kind and was always honest with us but at the same time always gave us hope! He is very knowledgeable. We went to him after 3 chemical pregnancies. Dr. Forman suggested we try a “natural” transfer cycle, as my cycles are regular - and it worked!! No other doctor had ever suggested this. He is always available for questions and concerns and really treats you like a human being.
You will be in very good hands!
We did a supplemented natural frozen embryo transfer. Lining thickened on its own (without estrogen pills), triggered ovulation with Ovidrel and took progesterone suppositories 3x a day after that.
Our nurses Christine Helbo and Melissa Podolak were also amazing. I would always be a nervous wreck at work waiting for my BHCG blood results but they always emailed me back so quickly so I wouldn’t have to be nervous all day!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Visits covered by insurance (only kid copay) Out of pocket pay for transfer -about 2,600.
Dr. Forman supported either decision of 1 vs. 2 embryos as our embryos were untested - but my husband and I decided to transfer 1.
Columbia University
I did one IUI cycle with a double IUI (two IUIs performed 24 hours apart) with Letrozole and Progesterone suppositories. This was after having done 2 unsuccessful IUI cycles with Clomid. Dr. Forman said that he used Letrozole because it tends to work better with patients with endometriosis. I have not technically been diagnosed with endometriosis but its suspected because of a 3cm cyst on my right ovary that appears to be an endometrioma.
I loved every aspect of the Columbia Fertility clinic. It felt small and personalized without feeling overly exclusive or anything like that. I felt incredibly well taken care of at every step, like people recognized me and cared about ME specifically and were rooting for my success. Very very humanizing.... Christine was amazing! My interaction with her was primarily via email and she was incredibly responsive and helpful with all my questions.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is great, very measured and thoughtful. He's definitely reserved meaning he's cautious about being overly positive OR negative and really takes things one at a time. I wouldn't say that he and I are besties, but I did feel incredibly well taken care of at every step of the way and never EVER felt pressured to move forward faster than I was ready he for. Instead, my experience of Dr. Forman is that he's incredibly thorough and takes his time, meaning that he really considers the options, tries different things, and lets you decide what you're ready for.
Ask lots of questions! But also rest assured you're working with a great doctor. Oh and when they say you can email them they REALLY mean it, Dr. Forman and his nurse would get back to me SO fast even on weekends.
Dr. Forman and the whole Columbia Fertility center were SUCH a breath of fresh air. I had been going to RMA before where I very much felt like a number, not a human. At Columbia the office is small, the wait time is non-existent, and even though it can be busy it always felt, at every single step of the way, like every person cared about me and making sure that I was being taken care of in all ways, physically and emotionally. I really can't say enough good things. It was SUCH a good, relaxing, reassuring experience going there.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
$300 or so in insurance co-pays, VERY reasonably priced.
Columbia University

Dr Forman was amazing, he was realistic about the chances of conception through each step but also encouraging and supportive which kept us going during 2 rounds of IUI with negative pregnancy tests at the end of each. He thoroughly explained all the options and steps of all procedures. He made himself available by email which for me was my preferred method of communication and he responded extremely quickly to any questions I had. The egg retrieval and transfer went as smoothly as you could hope for, I couldn’t recommend him more.
Communication with the financial team [at Columbia University] has been challenging, it’s frequently hard to get a response even with follow up and we’ve had several issues with invoices. No issues with scheduling or any other administration...The nurses were great, I was always seen quickly...IUI was $700 flat and monitoring appointments were able to be billed through my insurance. We received a NY IVF grant, we paid $7000 up front and the balance of the monitoring appointments not covered were billed through my insurance.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Don’t hesitate, we are in love with our beautiful baby girl who wouldn’t be here without Dr Forman.
Dr Forman made sure we understood everything that was happening, he thoroughly explained all the procedure steps and he was directly available by email and phone for any questions I had during treatment. During transfer he made sure I had copies of the implantation scan and even gave me the egg dish to take home which I really appreciated, it made it feel less clinical.
My husband and I both went for fertility testing including blood tests, semen analysis and an HSG. We were diagnosed with male infertility but it was determined that IUI could still be successful. We had 2 rounds of IUI that resulted in 2 negative pregnancy tests. Following this we had 1 round of IVF with 3 day transfer which resulted in our baby girl. Dr Forman also referred my husband to a urologist who specializes in male fertility.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
The nurses were great, I was always seen quickly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Communication with the financial team has been challenging, it’s frequently hard to get a response even with follow up and we’ve had several issues with invoices. No issues with scheduling or any other administration.
My insurance provided no coverage for fertility treatments.IUI was $700 flat and monitoring appointments were able to be billed through my insurance. We received a NY IVF grant, we paid $7000 up front and the balance of the monitoring appointments not covered were billed through my insurance.
The determination to do eSet vs multiple was made based on my age, we also only had 1 viable embryo following the retrieval.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman recommended and performed a single embryo transfer, but was open to transferring two embryos had we chosen not to do PGS...was always very attentive and empathetic, and addressed all our concerns. He always responded very quickly to our emails, and called us in person whenever there were important test results... He explained every step of the way including potential setbacks and risks as well as current research findings. Any question we had along the way he addressed right away by email. For the egg retrieval Dr. Forman came in to the office to perform the procedure himself, even though it was his day off.
We had 3 IUI cycles (1 single, 2 double) that were unsuccessful [at Columbia University]. IVF worked on the first try. We had a single frozen embryo transfer after ICSI and PGS...We were not happy with the nurse that was assigned to us during the first treatment cycle, but all the nurses we worked with later on were wonderful...Office staff misplaced consent forms twice and asked us to come in again to fill them out.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman was always very professional, while still showing compassion. He explained every step of the way including potential setbacks and risks as well as current research findings. Any question we had along the way he addressed right away by email. For the egg retrieval Dr. Forman came in to the office to perform the procedure himself, even though it was his day off.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Trust Dr. Forman's advice.
Dr. Forman was always very attentive and empathetic, and addressed all our concerns. He always responded very quickly to our emails, and called us in person whenever there were important test results.
We had 3 IUI cycles (1 single, 2 double) that were unsuccessful. IVF worked on the first try. We had a single frozen embryo transfer after ICSI and PGS.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Overall, staff at the clinic was friendly and created a welcoming atmosphere. The facility itself is modern and clean. The only problem we had was with the financial coordinator (T), who didn't follow through with what we had agreed on, and stopped answering her phone and emails. At some point we requested a different coordinator, and the issues were resolved.
Roughly $15,000 for 3 IUIs, and $25,000 for IVF.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman had carefully read our medical history before meeting with us....During the consultation, he took the time to listen to us, review any medical data we had brought with us, and explain various details of the anticipated procedures to us, weighing different options and providing a clear treatment plan tailored to our specific situation. ...he was eager to hear our story, and provided us with ample opportunities to ask any questions we might have. He also gave us his e-mail address and answered any e-mail within 24 hours.
The clinic actively takes part in research performed at Columbia University, which means that it remains at the forefront of the field. Treatments provided are state-of-the-art. Besides the expertise, sensitivity and kindness of the staff, the clinic facilities provide a welcoming surrounding...The care coordinator called a week before our first appointment to make sure that we submit our new patient questionnaire ahead of time, so that Dr. Forman would have the time to review our case before meeting with us. The nurse, Christine, was very helpful, providing us with a checklist of additional diagnostic tests required and talking us through the advantages and disadvantages of genetic testing. The nurse who took our blood was very diligent, competent, and friendly.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
When we left Dr. Forman's office, both my husband and I felt imbued with confidence that we were in good hands. He had taken the time to carefully review our medical history and data, and explained to us potential treatment paths with their advantages and disadvantages, concluding with the best option for our situation. All the while he was eager to hear our story, and provided us with ample opportunities to ask any questions we might have. He also gave us his e-mail address and answered any e-mail within 24 hours.
Dr. Forman had carefully read our medical history before meeting with us. On our first visit, a doctor in training attended our consultation, but before leading us into the room, Dr. Forman asked us in a sensitive manner whether this would be ok with us. It was clear that we had the choice to say no and that this would be accepted and respected. During the consultation, he took the time to listen to us, review any medical data we had brought with us, and explain various details of the anticipated procedures to us, weighing different options and providing a clear treatment plan tailored to our specific situation. He directly organized for us to meet with different members on his team to address various aspects of the treatment, and take blood samples for additional diagnostics. Everyone on his team was completely focused on us and our needs, and acted in a calm and efficient, yet supportive manner.
We are at the very beginning of treatment. Since my husband has azoospermia due to blockage, the anticipated treatment would require sperm extraction, egg extraction, ICSI, and finally IVF. Dr. Forman suggested not to perform both the sperm and egg extractions on the same day, in order to prevent me from having to undergo invasive treatment should the sperm extraction not yield the desired results. Dr. Forman also suggested some strategies to save both time and money, which was very much appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Dr. Forman suggested implanting a single embryo only, as he was confident that given my values this should not be a problem. He said that if we were to perform genetic testing on the embryo pre-implantation, this would allow us to determine whether any of the generated embryos might not be good for implantation, thus raising the chances to obtain a successful pregnancy after implanting just one embryo.

2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
tell Dr Forman everything like what works for you and what doesn't. He listens. Example: if you can't get to a scheduled appointment, let him know and he will make it work. Also to ask questions even if it doesn't makes sense, he will explain everything...Dr. Forman made me feel that I was important and not just another patient. He followed up with me through email, and whenever I had a question, he would respond right away. He was there for me throughout the process.
Strengths [at : There is hardly a line when checking in, I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bloodwork. And they are all friendly. Weaknesses: The clinic can use a little update especially the bathrooms...They were all very nice and they seem to know what they were all doing. They also know your name. They give you privacy. They confirm your name and birthdate. I would say it has gotten better.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
I am so proud to have him as my Doctor. I was about to give up on CWRC after several failed procedures. But I gave them another chance and met with Dr. Eric Forman. I told him how I felt about CWRC. He assured me that things were going to change. He spoke with confidence. He took his time to explain everything. And I really wanted to try having another baby and so I gave him a try. And then, our journey began, 4 months later, I was pregnant! Dr. Forman made sure that I had all the medications I needed. He kept in touch with me through email and I was shocked that he responded so quickly. I had so many questions and he answered all of them. He was patient with me. He's just an amazing Doctor, not because I became pregnant, but because I didn't feel like just another patient. I didn't feel like I was passed down from one doctor to another. He is absolutely wonderful!
I would tell a prospective patient to tell Dr Forman everything like what works for you and what doesn't. He listens. Example: if you can't get to a scheduled appointment, let him know and he will make it work. Also to ask questions even if it doesn't makes sense, he will explain everything.
This time around, by evaluating my previous procedures, Dr. Forman saw that I could take higher dosage but almost the same medication. The only different medication I've received from Dr. Forman is the the pregesterone. Instead of the normal pills, I was given pregesterone in sesame oil. I was also seeing Dr. Forman almost every week during the process and made sure that my bloodwork is all good. I was basically monitored closely which I think helped in the whole process to see how my body is reacting to the treatment.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths: There is hardly a line when checking in, I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bloodwork. And they are all friendly. Weaknesses: The clinic can use a little update especially the bathrooms.
I had insurance that covered everything except for Freezing of the embryos.
Columbia University

You never feel like a number with Dr Forman. He takes the time to answer all your questions - even if you have million questions. He's always available by email. He is genuinely interested in your success and remembers your specific diagnosis/situation...Very smart and on top of cutting edge research. And excellent bed side manner...We did ICSI And PGS due recurrent pregnancy lost. We did two retrieval cycles for the purpose of storing embryos for the future. We did a single 6 day embryo frozen transfer which stuck. I'm currently 12 weeks.
Samantha [nurse at RMA Morristown] was great. She called me every day when I went in with the results of the U/S and blood work. She was always available by phone and email to answer my questions...I monitored at a different RMA NJ location due to convenience. It's nice to have the option of monitoring somewhere closer to home yet still being followed by your doctor. However, sometimes there is a really long wait during monitoring hours. Could be 15 min to over an hour.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
Dr. Forman is amazing! Nothing bad to say. You can't go wrong with him as your doctor. Very smart and on top of cutting edge research. And excellent bed side manner. A unique combo! Fertility treatment is very stressful, but knowing that your doctor is always available to answer your questions and guide you, makes the process a little less stressful. He truly has your best interest in mind. Other doctors that I have consulted with did not listen to my family planing goals. Dr. Forman listening to my goals and guided us in the best possible way to help us now and in the long term.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
Always ask if you have questions. He will answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
You never feel like a number with Dr Forman. He takes the time to answer all your questions - even if you have million questions. He's always available by email. He is genuinely interested in your success and remembers your specific diagnosis/situation. After my initial consultation with Dr Forman and before I started treatment with him, I had a hysteroscopy scheduled at a different clinic. He reached out by email to see how the procedure went. Meant a lot to me.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey and their degree of success.
I don't remember the specific dosages. I did 2 retrieval cycles (menpopur, goal F, ganirelix) with HCG and lupron for trigger. We did ICSI And PGS due recurrent pregnancy lost. We did two retrieval cycles for the purpose of storing embryos for the future. We did a single 6 day embryo frozen transfer which stuck. I'm currently 12 weeks. Fingers crossed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Samantha)
Samantha was great. She called me every day when I went in with the results of the U/S and blood work. She was always available by phone and email to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
Morristown office was in and out. I monitored mostly in Englewood and there's usually a long wait. Avoid Mondays and Fridays if you can.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
Ha! Expensive. Luckily we had some insurance coverage. But that quickly runs out and also our insurance didn't cover thinks like genetic testing and embryo freezing. Blocked out how much out of pocket expenses we had - but definitely worth it.
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
Definitely eSET. Dr. Forman explained that with PGS tested embryos the success rate is very high and therefore not worth the risk of carrying multiples.
Morristown

He [Dr. Eric Forman] knew I was scared and anxious throughout the entire process and to ease my fears, he went above and beyond and out of his way to be MY doctor to do my retrieval (on a day that he wasn't even scheduled)!... Dr. Forman did everything he could to keep me focused on the positives and I NEVER felt rushed when I went through my endless lists of questions...Dr. Forman was extremely thorough in explaining each step of my egg retrieval process. I actually went to him for what I thought would only be a consultation but unexpectedly was diagnosed with DOR. He was incredibly compassionate and caring and was always calm in explaining my options as I was completely overwhelmed.
Because RMANJ is so large and has so many locations, you'd think you'd feel as if you were just 'taking a number' when going to appointments. I actually felt the opposite. Each office I visited, each phlebotomist I encountered, each doctor who saw me - everyone made me feel that I was a person with my own specific needs/questions/concerns. I thought I would feel overwhelmed and defeated by going to such a large practice but it was incredibly convenient to have so many offices be open with very early hours for regular blood tests and ultrasounds. I wish there was more than 1 location that was open on the weekends/holidays but other than that, I have no suggestions/complaints.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
Dr. Forman is extremely knowledgeable but above all, he is incredibly kind and patient. He is soft-spoken and remains very calm when I have the tendency to get overly emotional and breakdown in front of him. I was confident that Dr. Forman knew the best treatment plan for my specific situation. Dr. Forman is empathetic and compassionate and sincerely cared for how I was feeling during the cycle and after retrieval. I selfishly wish he wasn't leaving the RMA practice because I would love to continue to be his patient. There aren't enough kind words to describe him; he's definitely a rare find when it comes to being seen by a fertility doctor who honestly cares about his patients.
You're incredibly lucky! Bring a notebook to write things down or come with questions because you're going to be given a lot of information to process. Trust that you're in great hands by being under his care.
Dr. Forman was extremely thorough in explaining each step of my egg retrieval process. I actually went to him for what I thought would only be a consultation but unexpectedly was diagnosed with DOR. He was incredibly compassionate and caring and was always calm in explaining my options as I was completely overwhelmed. Dr. Forman was readily available to answer all of my questions and he kept checking-up on me to ensure I was feeling well. I was a nervous wreck the day I was scheduled for my retrieval and on top of it all, he was not on the schedule for that specific day to do my retrieval. I was elated and surprised when the nurse told Dr. Forman was actually coming in that day to do MY retrieval! He knew I was scared and anxious throughout the entire process and to ease my fears, he went above and beyond and out of his way to be MY doctor to do my retrieval (on a day that he wasn't even scheduled)! Infertility challenges may be a very difficult and sensitive topic for some people; I spent most of the cycle crying and being stressed/frustrated/nervous/anxious - Dr. Forman did everything he could to keep me focused on the positives and I NEVER felt rushed when I went through my endless lists of questions. Not only is he brilliant, but he is genuine and sincerely cares - he's an incredible doctor and exceptional person.
I am 33 years old; on my initial visit, my AMH was 0.29 and there were 3 follicles seen when I went for my initial consultation appointment. I was surprised to learn I actually had DOR. I was on the antagonist protocol and was on a high dose level of medication and took my trigger shot on the 10th day of treatment. I was solely relying on him and his judgement and was extremely fortunate and happy to have 7 eggs retrieved and 6 frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Dayna Browning)
My nurse became my biggest supporter and I felt as if she was on this journey with me. Always encouraging me and reminding me to stay positive and focused. I absolutely adore Dayna for being genuine and candid. I was able to ask her questions that I would normally be too embarrassed to even ask my girlfriends. It's hard to talk about this topic for me but Dayna was more than just my nurse; it felt like she became my biggest fan. She was always in a good mood when she called me and even when it wasn't the best news, she was incredibly compassionate and knowledgeable. All of the nurses that I met at RMA were lovely but Dayna seemed to go above and beyond with keeping me organized, positive, calm, educated and focused.
Describe your experience with RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
The Morristown office seems more efficient with blood work and ultrasounds because they have more rooms available. I also went to the West Orange location which would become more crowded than I would prefer because it is a smaller office. I found this entire process to be extremely emotionally draining but regardless to which office I went to, once I saw the doctor, I felt hopeful and encouraged. Visiting Morristown appeared to be a well oiled machine while visiting West Orange, on some mornings when they were busy, it seemed like I was on a slow moving conveyor belt.
I'm fortunate that I had coverage with my health insurance. I hadn't met my deductibles for the year so the price I paid RMA for 2 retrieval cycles along with egg freezing (after insurance coverage) was $4,200; EXCLUDING medication.

2015 - 2017, Successful
Because we paid out of pocket we purchased a "package" from a third party finance company that works directly with RMANJ that covered the egg retrieval, two transfers, and morning monitoring. This package cost around $16,000. We also paid for genetic testing which cost around $500 and opted for CCS testing which was $2,500...Our nurse Rachel was amazing! She was extremely responsive to emails and phone calls. She answered are questions and concerns thoroughly and in a kind and caring manner. During our treatment process I spoke to Rachel on the phone multiple times a week. She was great!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
We first met Dr. Forman a few years ago when after TTC for about 3 years on our own. During our first visit with Dr. Forman we were shocked by the amount of information we were given. He was thorough and responsive to any questions we had. At that point in time we were not ready to move forward with treatment due to financial reasons. After switching jobs and moving, my new health insurance covered treatment at another fertility clinic that was much closer to our new home. We made an appointment at the other fertility center and quickly realized that the care was extremely different. Despite the distance and having to pay out of pocket, we returned to Dr. Forman and never looked back! I was extremely nervous about the entire IVF process, and Dr. Forman eased my concerns and gave me the tools I needed to feel confident about our treatment plan. We completed our retrieval which was extremely successful. We did our first transfer about a month later which did not work. Upon receiving the news, Dr. Forman immediately discussed with us a new plan for our next transfer which we were excited about. There was never a pause in care; Dr. Forman was able to keep us focused on our family planning goals. I'm happy to report our second transfer was successful, and I am now in my second trimester. We look forward to continuing to grow our family under Dr. Forman's care!!!
Bring a notebook! You won't remember everything and having notes to look back on is helpful. Dr. Forman is all about patient education...imagine a really thorough high school health class mixed with an advanced college level biology class. That's your new patient appointment in a nutshell!
Dr. Forman treated both myself and my husband with the utmost care, concern, and respect. From moment one, Dr. Forman took the time to explain every step of the process (testing and treatment) and thoroughly answered all of our questions. He gave us the information we needed to make autonomous decisions and feel confident with our diagnosis, treatment, and possible outcomes. He and his staff were readily available via both phone and email whenever we had questions. We felt like our concerns and questions were just as important to him as they were to us.
Because of our fertility obstacles, Dr. Forman said that both IVF and IUI were reasonable options. He weighed the pros and cons of both treatments with us considering our long term family planning goals. Ultimately we decided to do IVF considering my age and our desire to have multiple children in the future. We completed our egg retrieval and opted for CCS testing to test our embryos chromosomes at day 5 after fertilization. All embryos were frozen at this point. About a month later we did a tansfer with one of our normal embryos. We did the standard transfer protocol which included progesterone injections and a timed transfer. Unfortunately this transfer did not work. Dr. Forman reached out to us immediately to discuss strategies going forward. Our next transfer a month later involved the natural approach. It is still medicated, but relies on the body's natural cycle. Dr. Forman felt like I was a good candidate for this option that isn't always the first line of treatment. Our second transfer worked and we are now in our second trimester! Each step of the way Dr. Forman gave us all of our options and let us make our own decisions. Every time we made a decision we felt confident going forward because of the information provided by Dr. Forman.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Bethune)
Describe your experience with RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
RMANJ is easily accessible; Multiple locations and hours of operation make morning monitoring and appointment scheduling extremely easy. They offer a wide variety of services beyond fertility treatment like acupuncture, counseling, and nutrition education. RMANJ strives to treat the entire person/couple not just the infertility!
I found morning monitoring pretty easy. The hours are before a typical work day and occur at all offices. My retrieval cycle was during the holidays and they provided ample notice when hours and locations changed so the transition was seamless. The process was a well oiled machine.
Dr. Forman encouraged us to do a single embryo transfer during both of our transfers. He provided us with information on the pros and cons of both, and we agreed that single embryo transfer was right for us and our future family. It should be noted that we did CCS testing on our embryos so we had an extra level of confidence making this decision.
Morristown

Dr. Forman was always very calm, reassuring, and extremely knowledgeable. h He never made me feel like a number. He truly loves what he does and is compassionate. I never doubted his advice or recommendations and felt very confident that he was my fertility physician. My RN Jennifer Graeve was also excellent and compassionate throughout my entire time with RMA. At times the morning monitoring was tough and made me feel like a number because there were so many people in the waiting room, especially on the weekends, but I am not sure if there is a way to fix that as the hours try to accommodate working women which I like.
[RMA NJ Nurse] Jen was excellent and compassionate and answered all my questions and took the time. She would get me an answer from Dr. Forman if she didn't know the answer or if I asked her to check with Dr. Forman...Great location, great staff. Front desk now has friendly, happy staff. Initially had a woman who was not pleasant and this made for a negative experience. Would like for am monitoring to have hours until 8am until just 7:30am
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
Dr. Forman was always very calm, reassuring, and extremely knowledgeable. He never made me feel like a number. He truly loves what he does and is compassionate. I never doubted his advice or recommendations and felt very confident that he was my fertility physician. He always returned my calls or texts very promptly if I had a question or concern which put me at ease.
Request that he perform all your procedures and have your RN assist with coordinating your schedule and his so that can occur barring weather or emergency scheduling changes. His calming bedside manner and confidence will put you at ease for all procedures.
I had two IUI attempts using Follistim and Ganirelex. Dr. Forman counseled us that I had no anatomic issues that we couldn't try IUI first, although he told us IVF had better outcomes. I insisted on trying IUI first because was less invasive and required less monitoring. Unfortunately they didn't work and we moved onto IVF. My first egg retrieval yielded 6 eggs and 4 embryos, however all four were not chromosomally normal or acceptable for a transfer. One was a mosaic which in the past evidently were sometimes used but Dr. Forman advised me against it unless it was my only option. He assured me that sometimes this can occur and that he has seen women go on to have future egg retrievals and embryos that are healthy. Although I was devastated and frustrated with the process at this point as it was going on almost 8 months of fertility treatment, I agreed to try again, giving myself a month off to regroup. My final cycle and egg retrieval (which was on Christmas Day and we are convinced blessed as a result :) ) yielded about 6 eggs and we had four healthy embryos!!!! We did ICSI and had all the advanced genetic chromosomal testing done and decided to transfer our male embryo the end of February. On March 6th I finally received the news that we were praying for . .. . I was pregnant!!!! I am now 16 weeks and 4 days and all going well! Bloodwork and early anatomy scan normal. We couldn't be happier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Graeve)
Describe your experience with RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
Was a bit like cattle call for am monitoring, although was efficient and wait times were not long. It is a bit tough when you are going through difficultly of infertility and herded in waiting room and called in to line up for labwork and then sit back again for ultrasound. Staff was always pleasant and cheerful, esp the lab techs so that helped but it was tough at times.
I was fortunate to have great fertility coverage until BCBS PPO but even so I met my max before the end of the year for meds and had to pay couple thousand for that (had two IUI, two egg retrievals in one year)
I was nervous only transferring one embryo because many of my acquaintances and friends had had at least two transferred. Dr. Forman was pretty adament in recommending I transfer only one because of my age and the risks of multiple pregnancies. He said the testing has come such a long was that it allows him to choose only healthy embryos to transfer and the rate of success was high with a normal, healthy embryo as ours. So I trusted him and went with one embryo. I am pregnant and he was right and I was able to avoid twin pregnancy with all its risks.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
He[Dr. Eric Froman] is a bit of an awkward turtle, but I found that rather comforting. I like statistics and scientific information and he was always good about providing that. He has been a very good fit for me. Since the beginning, he has collaborated with me on treatment and we have talked through the various options both from a likelihood of success perspective as well as a financial (what is and is not covered by insurance) perspective.
My primary nurse, Christine, and the entire staff [at RMA of New Jersey] have been great. Even when I'm staggering in for monitoring half-asleep at 6am, they are cheerful, patient, but still efficient. There are two regular phlebotomists in the office and I've had so many blood draws that I know which one prefers which arm. They all know me by name at this point.... My assigned nurse, who calls me with test results and dosage instructions has been great, and even when there's a substitute, I never feel rushed through the information.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
He's a bit of an awkward turtle, but I found that rather comforting. I like statistics and scientific information and he was always good about providing that. He has been a very good fit for me. Since the beginning, he has collaborated with me on treatment and we have talked through the various options both from a likelihood of success perspective as well as a financial (what is and is not covered by insurance) perspective.
Feel free to ask questions - he is very receptive to that and it will help him know what information you need. He will try to work within the parameters of your insurance, but if you are ready to be more aggressive despite the cost, let him know. I'm certain that if money were no object in my treatment, we would have made the jump to IVF already, but since that has been a huge financial stumbling block, he has been willing to let us do more IUIs than most.
The whole clinic staff is great. They know me personally and are always very supportive and patient whenever I go in. My assigned nurse, who calls me with test results and dosage instructions has been great, and even when there's a substitute, I never feel rushed through the information. Dr. Forman has collaborated with me and my husband regarding our treatment, and has been sensitive to our financial situation as well.
We tried different stims (follistim ended up being the one we stuck with) and different triggers (stuck with ovidrel after an injection site reaction to the other) to see what went better. We adjusted the dosage rate for the first few IUI cycles until we got it right. We tried and then abandoned progesterone suppositories after a bad reaction one month. We talked about non-prescription supplementation as well. I have reacted very well to the follistim and ovidrel - our problem now seems to be my husband's sperm. He referred my husband to a urologist for assessment and supplements.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo)
My primary nurse, Christine, and the entire staff have been great. Even when I'm staggering in for monitoring half-asleep at 6am, they are cheerful, patient, but still efficient. There are two regular phlebotomists in the office and I've had so many blood draws that I know which one prefers which arm. They all know me by name at this point.
Describe your experience with RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
In addition to the staff, which I think I've already covered sufficiently, the location is great for me, and the monitoring hours mean that I haven't had to miss work at all for monitoring sessions or IUIs.
My insurance covered meds and IUI treatments and bloodwork, so I paid a $40 copay for each visit where I had an ultrasound. I did have some out-of-pocket costs associated with my hysteroscopy, of course, but that was my insurance deductible. I know they have a 6-cycle money-back-guarantee IVF program, but my husband and I haven't decided if we want to go that route.
We haven't actually done IVF yet, but we have discussed our approach should we have to move into that. He is convinced by the studies that show that a single embryo transfers has resulted in more healthy births, so as a general rule he does single transfers, although if there were a reason to do multiple, I don't think there's a hard and fast policy against that.