LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

9.9

RWJ Rutgers

Eric Forman works in 1 office at

5 Columbus Circle

Investor
Dr. Forman is the most attentive doctor I have ever met. He treats you with the utmost respect and actually cares about every single patient. He is so attentive and makes himself available to answer your every question. Additionally, he explains and walks you through every step of the process. I knew we would get the results we wanted with him. He is honestly the best doctor I've ever had...He treats you with the utmost respect and actually cares about every single patient. He is honestly the best doctor I've ever had.
They [Columbia University] were absolutely awesome! They were attentive and had the best bed side manner. They also did an amazing job of taking my blood (which is tricky as I have little veins!). I am spoiled from them...Awesome clinic! The clinic was state of the art, clean, organized, and took every covid protocal seriously. It's the most efficient doctor's office I've ever been to! They treat you like a human, not a number.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at Columbia University?
You are in the BEST hands!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is the most attentive doctor I have ever met. He treats you with the utmost respect and actually cares about every single patient. He is honestly the best doctor I've ever had.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
One chlomid cycle and IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
They were absolutely awesome! They were attentive and had the best bed side manner. They also did an amazing job of taking my blood (which is tricky as I have little veins!). I am spoiled from them.
Columbia University

The fact that I could contact [Dr. Forman] and get a prompt, personalized response made a world of difference. He also remembered exactly who I was and what my past was every time he saw me...went above and beyond to analyze every detail about our history, and planned a super specific treatment for us that yielded our best results yet...Clomid, a lot of Menopur, cetrotide IVF with ICSI
I felt like I was at the Ritz Carlton going to this clinic [at Columbia University]. I never had to wait long, it was always clean and cheerful, and I didn’t feel like I was just a number...[the nursing staff] were loving and kind...After having been to some clinics that would take hours before work and herded you around like cattle, this was a very welcome change.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
After a two years of infertility treatment ups and downs, including some mediocre doctors and labs, we were ready to throw in the towel. Dr Forman went above and beyond to analyze every detail about our history, and planned a super specific treatment for us that yielded our best results yet. He was so easy to get in touch with, and you can tell he is very personally invested in his job and your quest for parenthood. 10/10 the best doctor I’ve ever encountered.
Just trust him! He’s the best.
The fact that I could contact him and get a prompt, personalized response made a world of difference. He also remembered exactly who I was and what my past was every time he saw me.
Clomid, a lot of Menopur, cetrotide IVF with ICSI. I needed high doses of menopur to ensure my follicles would grow more plentifully and larger.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
They were loving and kind!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I felt like I was at the Ritz Carlton going to this clinic. I never had to wait long, it was always clean and cheerful, and I didn’t feel like I was just a number. After having been to some clinics that would take hours before work and herded you around like cattle, this was a very welcome change.
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
He prefers single to start.

2020, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I had a consultation visit with Dr. Forman recently...explained to me that it would be a single embryo transfer... explained the options of my fertility success and above all, he was straightforward and gave me a good plan forward. I also like that he took the time to go over my history chart and explained some of the medications that I need to adjust for me to be ready to start the treatments. I gave him a timeline and we agreed on the steps that I need to take.
Columbia fertility clinic has cutting edge technology. They have also assembled a good team of doctors and nurses. So overall I am satisfied with the levels of care and treatment and I completely trust the clinic...They have sent me all the forms and documents needed. As well as they showed me what my plan covers...Dr. Forman explained to me that it would be a single embryo transfer...Dr. Forman, explained the options of my fertility success and above all, he was straightforward and gave me a good plan forward. I also like that he took the time to go over my history chart and explained some of the medications that I need to adjust for me to be ready to start the treatments. I gave him a timeline and we agreed on the steps that I need to take.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
The Columbia Clinic is using cutting edge technology thus I would trust his treatment
I had a consultation visit with Dr. Forman recently. I was very satisfied with how he explained the potions I have and he answered all my questions
I have not started the treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at Columbia University.
Do not remember. But this was a consultation only. However, he put the expenses around $30,000
Dr. Forman explained to me that it would be a single embryo transfer

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Forman was exactly the doctor that I needed to help me on my journey to motherhood! He was extremely knowledgable, answered all of my questions, fully explained all procedures, calmed my doubts, responded to emails (even on the weekends), and in the end helped me to become pregnant...Tried unmedicated IUIs and medicated IUIs (Chlomid) before moving on to IVF...Dr. Forman only recommended transferring one embryo in my specific situation...
The care team [at Columbia University] I was assigned were great. Christine and Gertrude were always available to answer any questions. They were kind in their interactions with me...Appointments were able to be scheduled using the app. Monitoring appointments were smooth and quick. Results were given quickly. The office was clean, receptionists were friendly...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman was exactly the doctor that I needed to help me on my journey to motherhood! He was extremely knowledgable, answered all of my questions, fully explained all procedures, calmed my doubts, responded to emails (even on the weekends), and in the end helped me to become pregnant. I plan on going back to Dr. Forman in the future!
Trust his expertise!!
Tried unmedicated IUIs and medicated IUIs (Chlomid) before moving on to IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine H. )
The care team I was assigned were great. Christine and Gertrude were always available to answer any questions. They were kind in their interactions with me!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia Fertility was the perfect place for me. Appointments were able to be scheduled using the app. Monitoring appointments were smooth and quick. Results were given quickly. The office was clean, receptionists were friendly.
My health insurance covered my IUIs and two of the 3 cycles of IVF.
Dr. Forman only recommended transferring one embryo in my specific situation.

2022, Successful
Dr Forman was absolutely incredible. He is so honest and does not sugarcoat anything. He is kind, patient and takes his time answering all of your questions. He never once steered us wrong or gave us false hope...He was very considerate of my preferences (no progesterone shots and wanting only one egg retrival)...[he] was always available to answer my emails..
The [Columbia University] clinic is extremely organized. The nurses and technicians are so kind. Everyone is routing for you and the communication is spot on. All of my questions were always answered...Dr Forman was always available to answer my emails. He was so kind, honest, compassionate and considerate. He never made me once feel like I was bothering him.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Ask questions and email him. He will always be honest with you.
Menopur, gonal f for egg retrieval and Menopur for FET transfer with progerstone suppositories
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is extremely organized. The nurses and technicians are so kind. Everyone is routing for you and the communication is spot on. All of my questions were always answered. I honestly cannot say anything bad.
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Forman is truly an expert and has the most positive energy and pointed advice. I tried several clinics before him with no success, I was able to have 2 out of 3 successful IVF cycles with him in my 40s. His advice, attention and guidance were instrumental to my outcome...the most thoughtful, responsive and caring doctor I've encountered in my entire life. He responded even when on vacation and always checked up on my situation and continued to offer positive, supportive advice.
[Columbia University is] Very clean, barely any wait time, easy to make appointments, easy to get in contact and received results from your nurses. Staff is caring, careful, and polite. All of the equipment and tech seem to be up to date...[nurses are] Wonderful, super organized, super professional staff...Dr. Forman is the most thoughtful, responsive and caring doctor I've encountered in my entire life. He responded even when on vacation and always checked up on my situation and continued to offer positive, supportive advice.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is truly an expert and has the most positive energy and pointed advice. I tried several clinics before him with no success, I was able to have 2 out of 3 successful IVF cycles with him in my 40s. His advice, attention and guidance were instrumental to my outcome. His staff is super professional and the equipment, office systems and billing are super organized.
You will be in the best hands you can get!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Wonderful, super organized, super professional staff!
2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr Forman was patient and kind. He made sure to see us at every appointment that was necessary. He always explained exactly what was happening and what the next step was. When I had any questions he or his staff always called / emailed me In a very timely manner. I would highly recommend Dr Forman and his wonderful staff...
The office [Columbia University] is run extremely well. Every patients identity is very private. The nurses are all excellently skilled. They all are experts at taking blood, making sure not to hurt you. The rooms are always prepared and you are hardly ever waiting more than 10 minutes. They are great and have early appointments so you don’t have to miss work....
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr Forman always gave me the time of day and answers my questions
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The office is run extremely well. Every patients identity is very private. The nurses are all excellently skilled. They all are experts at taking blood, making sure not to hurt you. The rooms are always prepared and you are hardly ever waiting more than 10 minutes. They are great and have early appointments so you don’t have to miss work.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Forman's unwavering dedication was evident when he arranged for post-transfer bloodwork on his day off, calling us personally on a Sunday morning to deliver the long-awaited news of our successful transfer. His exceptional dedication to our journey reaffirmed that he saw us not as numbers on a chart but as individuals with dreams and hopes, making the entire experience deeply personal and meaningful...Thanks to Dr. Forman's expertise and guidance, I am now expecting a baby, fulfilling my dream of starting a family.
[Columbia University] Strengths - Meticulously Organized: The clinic and lab are meticulously organized, which ensures that patients receive a high level of care and attention to detail. This systematic approach can contribute to accurate diagnoses and treatments. Quick Results...The nursing team exhibited promptness and efficiency, consistently demonstrating a pleasant bedside manner...Weaknesses - High Volume: While the clinic efficiently manages patient flow, it can still get quite busy. This may lead to a crowded waiting area at times, although the wait times are generally kept to a minimum.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
My experience with Dr. Eric Forman at Columbia University Fertility Center highlighted several strengths that made him an exceptional doctor throughout my fertility journey. Quite honestly, I can't find any weaknesses. He was outstanding! Expertise and Knowledge: Dr. Forman demonstrated an impressive depth of knowledge in the field of fertility and IVF. His recommendations and treatment plans were based on a thorough understanding of my specific case, making me feel confident in his expertise. Thoughtful Approach: Dr. Forman's approach was thoughtful and patient-centered. He took the time to explain every step of the process, ensuring that I fully understood my options and felt comfortable with the decisions we made together. Exceptional Responsiveness: Despite the significant time zone difference (we live in Hong Kong), Dr. Forman consistently responded to my emails within 24 hours, even during early mornings, evenings, and weekends. This level of responsiveness provided invaluable support and reassurance during a stressful time. Meticulous Coordination: Dr. Forman's meticulous coordination of the treatment plan was evident in every detail, from the timing of trigger shots to overseeing the transfer procedure personally. His attention to detail contributed to the success of the IVF process. Dedication and Commitment: Dr. Forman's dedication and commitment to my fertility journey were unwavering. He went above and beyond, even arranging for post-transfer bloodwork on his day off. Exceptional Clinic Organization: The organization and precision within Dr. Forman's clinic and laboratory reflected his commitment to excellence. This high degree of systematization and attention to detail added to my overall sense of trust in his care. International Patient-Friendly: Dr. Forman's willingness to accommodate my international schedule and facilitate remote monitoring demonstrated his flexibility and consideration for patients who may not reside in the same location as the clinic. Successful Outcome: Ultimately, the most significant strength was the successful outcome of the IVF process. Thanks to Dr. Forman's expertise and guidance, I am now expecting a baby, fulfilling my dream of starting a family. In summary, Dr. Eric Forman's strengths as a fertility specialist and my experience as his patient were characterized by his exceptional expertise, thoughtful and patient-centered approach, outstanding communication, dedication, and commitment to excellence. These strengths were instrumental in making my fertility journey a successful and positive one.
One piece of advice for future patients of Dr. Eric Forman would be to actively engage in open and honest communication with him throughout your fertility journey. Dr. Forman's exceptional responsiveness and dedication to his patients make him a valuable partner in your path to parenthood. Be sure to share your concerns, questions, and preferences openly, as this will enable him to tailor his expertise to your unique needs and provide you with the best possible care and support. Effective communication will foster a strong doctor-patient relationship, making your experience with Dr. Forman even more positive and successful.
Dr. Forman's exceptional care and personalized approach during our journey to parenthood underscored why he treated me as a human being and not just another statistic. From the outset, he accommodated our international schedule, allowing me to maintain a connection with friends and family while undergoing monitoring at a local IVF clinic during our natural transfer in late July. What truly distinguished his care was his meticulous coordination of the trigger shot and his commitment to personally overseeing the transfer procedure, taking into consideration the significant distance we had traveled. This level of attention and flexibility made us feel seen and valued as individuals, not just patients. Furthermore, Dr. Forman's unwavering dedication was evident when he arranged for post-transfer bloodwork on his day off, calling us personally on a Sunday morning to deliver the long-awaited news of our successful transfer. His exceptional dedication to our journey reaffirmed that he saw us not as numbers on a chart but as individuals with dreams and hopes, making the entire experience deeply personal and meaningful.
1. Initial Consultation and Diagnosis: October 2022 Male factor infertility. Dr. Forman recommended IVF as the best option for their fertility, considering the partner's age and desire for multiple children. 2. Egg Retrieval prep: February 2023 First round of egg retrieval. Days 1-3: Follistim 300 IU & Menopur Powder 2 vials. Days 3-8: Follistim 300 IU, Menopur Powder 2 vials & Ganirelix. Day 9: Ganirelix, Trigger Shot & Lupron. Ultrasounds every other day to track follicle growth. Bloodwork to track ovulation. Last ultrasound prior to retrieval showed 8 mature left ovary and 5 mature right ovary. 3. Egg Retrieval procedure: Scheduled on a Sunday so Dr. Forman did not perform however, a very skilled doctor preformed. General anaesthesia administered 15 minutes prior to procedure. To my surprise, we retrieved 22 egg follicles. 16 were mature. 4. IVF with ICSI: given our MFI diagnosis, Dr Forman recommended ICSI. 13 of the 16 mature follicles fertilized. 5 made it to embryos 5. Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT): Following Dr. Forman's recommendation, we proceeded with PGT, leading to the identification of four healthy embryos. He sent us multiple studies that support higher rates of implantation on PGT-normal embryos. This was important for us, especially since we were traveling from Hong Kong for transfer. 6. Sonohysterogram: In April, we had a sonohysterogram in Hong Kong as per Dr. Forman's guidance, with normal results. 7. Natural Transfer and International Coordination: July 2023, Dr. Forman accommodated our international schedule. I was able to go home to Michigan and spend time with family while doing outside monitoring at a local clinic. Outside monitoring consisted of initial bloodwork and ultrasound cycle day 4 for baseline. Then, a week later another round of bloodwork and ultrasound followed by 5 days later bloodwork and ultrasound where a mature follicle was found. At that point, Dr. Forman meticulously coordinated the trigger shot on a Saturday for a Monday ovulation and then a Friday embryo transfer. We flew to NYC on the Thursday for a Friday afternoon transfer. 8. 5-Day Embryo Transfer: What truly stood out was Dr. Formans meticulous coordination of the trigger shot, ensuring that he could personally oversee the transfer procedure. This was immensely meaningful to us, especially considering the significant distance we had traveled. The transfer was quick and easy. 9. Successful Pregnancy Outcome: The 9-day post-transfer bloodwork confirmed a successful pregnancy, with Dr. Forman delivering the news personally to us on his day off!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
The nursing team exhibited promptness and efficiency, consistently demonstrating a pleasant bedside manner. Despite encountering different nurses on rotation without a specific one assigned to me, it was evident that the clinic's organizational prowess prevented any information confusion. Each nurse displayed a comprehensive understanding of my medical charts and my current status in the IVF process. I experienced a particularly stressful moment when I accidentally spilled a Menopur vial, which was disheartening given the significant costs associated with fertility drugs. However, the clinic staff went above and beyond to alleviate my anxiety, providing me with a donated leftover vial and showing immense kindness and understanding throughout the ordeal.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths - Meticulously Organized: The clinic and lab are meticulously organized, which ensures that patients receive a high level of care and attention to detail. This systematic approach can contribute to accurate diagnoses and treatments. Quick Results: One of the clinic's standout features is the speed at which results are delivered. You can expect to receive their test results within 24-48 hours, which is significantly faster than many other medical facilities. Integrated Lab Services: The clinic has an on-site lab, eliminating the need for patients to go to a separate location for bloodwork and other diagnostic tests. This integration streamlines the process and ensures quicker access to results. Weaknesses - High Volume: While the clinic efficiently manages patient flow, it can still get quite busy. This may lead to a crowded waiting area at times, although the wait times are generally kept to a minimum.
IVF egg retrieval with ICSI and PGT: ~$20k Egg retrieval medication & injections: $3k FET natural cycle: $3k
Dr. Forman strongly advocates for single embryo transfer with PGT to maximize pregnancy success while minimizing health risks. He prioritizes the well-being of both the mother and the baby by reducing the likelihood of multiple pregnancies, associated complications, and long-term health issues.
Columbia University

The strengths are many - being able to schedule monitoring appointments to eliminate the wait time is invaluable. The staff [Columbia U] is so sweet - they often greet me by name. The only weakness is the billing system. As part of a bigger university, the actual billing coordinators are only able to do so much and that needs to change.... Christine also gave me the best advice - she told me to try and sit back and let the experts manage the process.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
As a patient of Dr. Forman, I've felt that we're in this together and that he wants the best possible outcome for me and my husband. From the very first meeting where we never once felt rushed, he explained all of our options. And when we needed to change our approach, he didn't force it upon us but rather allowed us to come to the decision on our own as this is a very personal process and often times there isn't just one way to proceed. I never doubt he has our best interests at heart and that, along with his priceless communication skills, gives us peace of mind that we're in the right place with the right doctor.
Be patient and try and relax - allow Dr. Forman to guide the process.
The level of communication is unlike any other doctor I've been treated by - follow-ups are consistent and the ability to reach my doctor directly via email at any and all hours of the day is simply priceless. During such a stressful and emotional process, knowing Dr. Forman is reachable to alleviate additional worries is such an incredible peace of mind.
We started with oral meds and IUIs. My IUI first cycle we tried Letrozole but I didn't respond well so we went back to Clomid and did a double IUI. When that didnt work, I took a cycle off from monitoring but took Clomid to ensure I ovulated and keep things moving forward. Dr. Forman had mentioned injectable meds as a course of treatment but I was resistant and concerned about multiples. After reading a blog of a patient successfully pregnant via injectables, I decided to follow his advice and move ahead with them for the next cycle. And it worked - we were pregnant! I was NOT expecting it and was fully prepared to move on to IVF. Unfortunately, we had a miscarriage - and we were prepared for it as Dr. Forman saw the signs during an early scan. He never gave us false hope but was very pragmatic in managing expectations. We're now onto IVF and retrieval cycles - our first one did not yield as many as expected, but we're learning from it and hoping to have more success this 2nd time around.
Christine is amazing. I started with Tiffany who was equally fantastic, but Christine came on board after working with Dr. Forman for 4 years at a previous practice. If that doesn't speak for itself, what does? Christine also gave me the best advice - she told me to try and sit back and let the experts manage the process. For a Type A person, it was a lightbulb moment and did in fact result in a positive pregnancy test (followed by a miscarriage). But nonetheless, it's a mantra I try and hold on to each and every step of the way.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The strengths are many - being able to schedule monitoring appointments to eliminate the wait time is invaluable. The staff is so sweet - they often greet me by name. The only weakness is the billing system. As part of a bigger university, the actual billing coordinators are only able to do so much and that needs to change.
My IUI cycles were not covered by my insurance - no monitoring or medication. I now have monitoring coverage but nothing for IVF or medication.
We are doing PGS testing on the embryos and Dr. Forman will only transfer one at a time (when we get there).

2019 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Forman for two reasons...1. In 2019/2020 for egg freezing...2. In 2023/2024 to create embryos from my frozen eggs...Dr. Forman is incredibly careful, thorough, cautious, and transparent...We always felt like we were in great hands...walked us through every step of the process over the course of several months.
[Columbia University] team walked us through every step of the process over the course of several months...whole clinic operates efficiently and effectively. From making appointments, to getting bloodwork, to surgical procedures, to follow-up results, they’re always on top of their game.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
I saw Dr. Forman for two reasons. 1. In 2019/2020 for egg freezing. This went smoothly and in one cycle we froze 25 eggs (I was 35 yrs old). 2. In 2023/2024 to create embryos from my frozen eggs and test them for genetic issues. I got pregnant naturally in 2023, but had to terminate at 22 weeks due to fetal hydrops, caused my a rare genetic condition I never knew I had. We were told this condition would show up in 50% of our pregnancies if we continued naturally, which we were not willing to risk. So we went back to Dr. Forman to fertilize my previously frozen eggs, test the embryos for my rare genetic condition, and conduct an embryo transfer to try to get pregnant. We had success throughout. Dr. Forman is incredibly careful, thorough, cautious, and transparent. He and his team walked us through every step of the process over the course of several months. We always felt like we were in great hands. Unlike many other patients, I didn’t go there because of infertility issues, but had I encountered those, I wouldn’t consider going anywhere other than Columbia Fertility.
You might not always see him, but he examines every detail from your ultrasounds, bloodwork, and any conceivable other piece of information from every single visit, and strategizes to come up with the right solutions. All of the doctors and nurses at Columbia Fertility are fantastic, and you’re always in good hands.
Dr. Forman cares deeply for his patients, ensuring they understand the process, and getting results.
From my 25 frozen eggs, 5 survived to the blastocyst stage. 4 made it through testing. Dr. Forman recommended I do another cycle of egg retrieval to ensure I’d have enough embryos to have 2 children (he preferred to have 3 embryos for each potential child). But my insurance wouldn’t cover another round. So we came up with an alternative strategy. We decided to try 1 transfer, and if it worked, I’d still have the desired 3 remaining embryos for baby #2. If it didn’t work, we’d do another cycle to ensure we had enough embryos. Thankfully, the first transfer worked!!! Saving us a solid $25K. Very grateful for this.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: a whole care team (Christine, Nikol, Kate))
Always quick to reply. Always sharing timely information and willing to take time to explain any concerns. The whole practice is INCREDIBLY on top of everything. They don’t miss a beat.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The whole clinic operates efficiently and effectively. From making appointments, to getting bloodwork, to surgical procedures, to follow-up results, they’re always on top of their game. I’d highly recommend Columbia.
Can’t say. My insurance was very thorough. Costs OOO were minimal.

2023, Successful
[Columbia University] Strengths - No wait times to call the clinic. Morning monitoring was fast and on time (even when you see a ton of people in the waiting room). You can self book your bloodwork and ultrasound appointments online. Access to nurses and doctors - coverage is always provided if your nurse or doctor is not available when you need something timely. Weaknesses - It was difficult to get an initial appointment with Dr. Forman for a consultation, but that just shows how in demand he is because he is a wonderful doctor!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
I came to Dr. Forman from another clinic in which I had a hard time reaching the doctor and nurses. A good friend recommended Dr. Forman and said that he was the best with communication and she was definitely on point! From the very beginning, Dr. Forman clearly laid out all of the options that we had along with potential benefits and drawbacks. He makes himself available to you for any questions that you have which makes the experience both unique and special. No question was ever a dumb question and he answered quickly and clearly. We would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Forman to any other couples dealing with infertility.
Don't be scared to ask questions - he is there for you every step of the way!
Dr. Forman and the team provided a personalized experience. They were always available for any questions that my husband and I had, which made communication clear and easy.
When I started with Dr. Forman, I had already attempted IUI once which failed. We tried a second IUI cycle, but I didn't respond well to the Letrozole the second time. Dr. Forman thought I might have spontaneously ovulated. We discussed next steps and decided to move to IVF in my next course of treatment. I had a successful egg retrieval in which we were able to obtain 19 eggs. He used a combination of gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide as an antagonist, and then a lupron and novarel trigger. The 19 eggs created 8 embryos and 4 embryos made it to day 5 to be frozen. Dr. Forman and I discussed PGT (genetic) testing for the embryos and that freezing the embryos was the best course of action. After the egg retrieval, I had a sonohysterogram to check my uterus and a hysteroscopy to remove a small polyp. Once I got my next period, I started Letrozole and responded well. I also started progesterone supplements which I continued using through the first 10 weeks of conception. Dr. Forman used an HCG trigger and I had my successful embryo transfer a few days later!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Columbia University.
I had the pleasure of dealing with a few different nurses in my time at Columbia. They provided my results in a clear and concise manner with instructions for next steps. If I had any questions, they were happy to answer!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Most of my costs were covered under insurance. My company insurance has a $600 deductible and $75,000 allowed for fertility benefits. The most expensive costs were some of the medications during my egg retrieval cycle and a $250 out of pocket charge for a machine used related to ICSI.
Dr. Forman and I discussed transferring one embryo only due to my age and the probability of success.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr Eric Forman is one of the best doctors I have ever worked with. He is determined to help you achieve your goals! He answers emails/questions during this off time (evenings, weekends, vacations) just to set your mind at ease. 10/10 communication. He makes you feel as though you’re his only patient and truly cares about your journey. He’s smart, professional, and kind...makes you feel as though you’re his only patient. He never judges your questions or worries. He’s approachable and extremely compassionate
The [Columbia University] practice is extremely organized and on top of your care- you will not be disappointed...The clinic is extremely efficient and organized. Morning monitoring takes no more than 10-15 minutes in and out. Results are available within a few hours and you hear from your nurse. The clinic is always one step ahead. Could not be more happy with the care. Everyone is so nice!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr Eric Forman is one of the best doctors I have ever worked with. He is determined to help you achieve your goals! He answers emails/questions during this off time (evenings, weekends, vacations) just to set your mind at ease. 10/10 communication. He makes you feel as though you’re his only patient and truly cares about your journey. He’s smart, professional, and kind. The practice is extremely organized and on top of your care- you will not be disappointed!
Trust the process!
Dr Forman makes you feel as though you’re his only patient. He never judges your questions or worries. He’s approachable and extremely compassionate
After my first FET ended in a chemical. We started birth control, then 5 days of letrozole and increased my progesterone from 2 to 3 times a day. Success!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo)
Christine was who I communicated regarding results. She emailed me daily through an encrypted email with results and very clear instructions during my egg retrieval and FET process
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I was able to have my retrievals, medication and freezing covered by insurance through a second job I had. Once I used up my insurance I paid for my FET which are 4,500 for monitoring, blood work, and transfer
No i dont believe you should transfer more than one PGT tested embryo

2018 - 2023, Successful
The entire staff at Columbia was great! Dr. Forman’s main nurse is Christine who was kind, compassionate and informative. The other nurses who helped fill in for Christine were also great. Gertrude, the care coordinator was always helpful and responsive. The finance team can sometimes be slow to respond but was overall very helpful especially compared to some friends experiences at other clinics.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Like so many other reviews have said, Dr. Forman is the best doctor ever. It was bittersweet to graduate from the clinic as I do not think I will ever see another doctor who is as responsive and communicative. As a patient, you have access to his direct work email, and he will respond to all questions the same day. Even on vacation. It made us feel so cared for to know he would answer any question or concern we had. In person, Dr. Forman can be shy and has a direct bedside manner. But he cares very much and it comes across when he delivers tough or very good news. If you are someone who needs a doctor with a “warm and fuzzy” bedside manner, I would also consider Dr. Turocy or Dr. Insogna at the clinic. Both doctors were extraordinarily compassionate to me on two of my hardest days at the clinic. I did 4 IUIs, 4 egg retrievals and 4 transfers at Columbia. I stuck with Dr. Forman because he always changed my protocol after each unsuccessful attempt and had a new plan for us. I appreciated how he tailored my treatment and did not stick with the standard protocol when it did not work for me.
This is more general advice and not directed at Dr. Forman, but I would advise to “prepare for a marathon but hope for a sprint” when it comes to fertility treatment. I was not prepared for how long it would take me to get pregnant and even Dr. Forman was optimistic that after I got 3 euploid embryos from my first two egg retrievals it would be enough for two children. Spoiler, it was not and my journey with him was way more challenging than I ever thought. Always be your own advocate and don’t be afraid to ask questions! Dr. Forman always has a thoughtful plan for his patients care and will give a detailed explanation if you have any questions about it.
From the beginning of my treatment with Dr. Forman he took the time to get know us on a personal level. I first came to him in 2018 with a diagnosis of low AMH and then came back to him in 2021 when we had trouble conceiving. Even though it had been several years since we had spoken to him, he acted like no time had passed and remembered that I ran marathons and asked for an update on our lives. In the 2 years I was an active patient he was empathetic during my many challenges and always encouraged us to keep going while being realistic. One of the lowest moments in my fertility journey was during my second transfer when my PGT tested embryo did not survive the thaw. My transfer was on Yom Kippur, which is the holiest day in the Jewish religion. Dr. Forman was off and did not perform my transfer, but checked in on my care and advised the attending physician on how to proceed after we received the devastating news that the embryo did not make it. The very next day he reached out to us and helped us come up with a new game plan. I am so grateful I found a doctor and clinic who always treated me like a human.
After trying timed intercourse, I had 3 consecutive IUIs with clomid. When those failed, I moved on to 2 egg retrievals with different doses of menopur and gonal F. I then had 2 failed FETs with euploid embryos. Due to insurance, we then pivoted and did a fourth IUI with letrozole which failed. Dr. Forman then suggested we try a fresh transfer with two embryos. We did a third egg retrieval with menopur and gonal F but I was only able to do a fresh transfer with 1 day 3 embryo that failed. Dr. Forman suggested we try a fresh transfer again and hope to transfer two embryos, so we added in microdose Lupron to my fourth egg retrieval and we were able to get 2 day 3 embryos to transfer. That fresh transfer resulted in my first real pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia is a great clinic in a super convenient location in Columbus Circle. I had numerous doctors perform my procedures and had a positive experience with the majority of them. Overall, my morning monitoring appointments were extremely efficient and rarely took longer than 15 minutes.
I am very fortunate to have good insurance coverage.
Dr. Forman prefers eSET but will transfer two embryos if you had multiple failures. When we decided to transfer two embryos, he clearly explained the risk, but we all agreed that anything to help increase my chance at success was worth trying. Just be prepared for the possibility of twins if you transfer two embryos! We were shocked (and thrilled!) after all my failures that both embryos decided to implant.

2023, Successful
Dr Eric Forman was very thorough. He took his time to really explain in details on what to expect and how the process would go (side effects from medications etc). He was also very gentle during my procedures...He is very compassionate, good communicator, knowledgeable and he really advocates for what it’s best for his patients...He would go out of his way to communicate with me even on off hours to let me know the results of my genetic tests and always kept me updated. Overall, I’m satisfied with the care he provided. I can confidently say that he’s one of the best doctors I’ve ever met.
The clinic is always clean I always get seen right away. Scheduling is also very flexible which I liked the most. The receptionist, phlebotomist, nurses and doctors are all very friendly. They provide great patient care...Christine H was my nurse and she is the best. She always keeps me updated with my results and always answers any questions I have. She is a great communicator. She’s compassionate, caring and just a positive light. She was mostly the person I communicated with and I felt comfortable with her. She’s very caring, professional and goes above and beyond.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
I feel so lucky to have found Dr Eric Forman. He is very compassionate, good communicator, knowledgeable and he really advocates for what it’s best for his patients. During the embryo transfer, he was very gentle and he explained everything step by step. I felt very comfortable in his care. He would go out of his way to communicate with me even on off hours to let me know the results of my genetic tests and always kept me updated. Overall, I’m satisfied with the care he provided. I can confidently say that he’s one of the best doctors I’ve ever met.
I recommend Dr Eric Forman and for a prospective patient, he is one you can trust. He is very knowledgeable, caring and professional.
I did one IUI cycle with Dr Forman but it didn’t work because of male factor. My husband and I then decided to do IVF as recommended by Dr Forman as it has more successful rate which in fact, it is, as I am now almost 3 months pregnant with our first. With one round of IVF, it was successful. I went through the egg retrieval process, which I believe was the most challenging part. We did ICSI and genetic testing. Then finally the embryo transfer which was done by Dr Forman. The whole process took about 3-4 months with waiting from insurance approvals etc. I’m still on hormonal support until about 10 weeks.

2020 - 2023, Successful
Doing IVF takes such a leap of faith -- we trusted Dr Forman completely, so that was very important. He managed expectations and mapped out possible next steps in case of a negative result, always giving us a realistic sense of hope. He is the top of his field and doing cutting edge work in a super well-run lab. I felt in the best hands...I recommend Dr Forman and his team whole-heartedly.
Columbia Clinic is truly top of class! The staff are amazing and well-organized. Schedulign appointments is easy and I was always seen promptly. The facilities are modern and clean and well-cared for. Any question or concern I had was answered promptly. I would recommend CUFC to anyone I know...Dr Forman is a great listener and teacher, in that he explains complex medical/technical/statistical concepts in a digestable way.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Doing IVF takes such a leap of faith -- we trusted Dr Forman completely, so that was very important. He managed expectations and mapped out possible next steps in case of a negative result, always giving us a realistic sense of hope. He is the top of his field and doing cutting edge work in a super well-run lab. I felt in the best hands. (And I've heard from girlfriends at other practices who did not come close to sharing that experience). I recommend Dr Forman and his team whole-heartedly.
Don't be afraid to ask questions or to express your concerns! Dr Forman is a great listener and teacher, in that he explains complex medical/technical/statistical concepts in a digestable way.
Dr Forman is the best! He went out of his way to exaplin the process and probabilities to us. He answered all our questions and was available by email, phone, or in person whenever we needed.
IUI + Clomid x2 -- negative x2 IVF round 1 -- Follistim (150IU-->200IU) + Menopur (1 vial) + Ganirelix + Novarel -- 8 eggs, 4 mature, 2 fertilized, 1 embryo to day 5, normal PGT -- nautral cycle frozen embryo transfer -- 1 live birth (now a 2.5 year old!) IVF round 2 -- GonalF (300IU) + Menopur (2 vials) + Cetrorelix + Ovidrel -- 8 mature eggs, 2 fertilized, 1 embryo to day 6, normal PGT (6BA) -- natural cycle frozen embryo transfer -- 9 weeks pregnant!
Christine is wonderful! She was available for questions/concerns around the clock and even helped me track down meds while I was travelling internationally (and had left mine at home). She went above and beyond. She explained everything super clearly and answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia Clinic is truly top of class! The staff are amazing and well-organized. Schedulign appointments is easy and I was always seen promptly. The facilities are modern and clean and well-cared for. Any question or concern I had was answered promptly. I would recommend CUFC to anyone I know!
two rounds of IUI covered by insurance first round of IVF not covered by insurance (Aetna) -- NYS sliding scale grant covered some costs -- out-of-pocket approx $12K second round was covered by insurance (Cigna)
None. I did not want to risk twins, so fully supported eSET.

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Forman was available to answer emails after hours. He answered so many of my questions and so patiently! When I saw him in the office, he called me my name, asked how I was doing and was always so calm and available to answer my questions...saw my results from another clinic and since I am young and doing IVF for genetics, customized my medication for ME.
Pleasant clinic [Columbia University] with couches, table area. Everyone at front desk was friendly. They work mostly through email. I think they are great at personalizing care, letting you know what to expect, and really wanting to help you achieve your dreams...[nurse] Christine was so helpful, always answering my questions and giving me clear instructions. She also seemed to be cheering me on when we did well, which as sweet! She communicates mostly through email.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman saw my results from another clinic and since I am young and doing IVF for genetics, customized my medication for ME. I did low dose of medications and clomid at the beginning of the cycle. This protocol improved the quality of the eggs and the quantity compared to my first clinic! I did outside monitoring since I live far from NYC, but went in for retrievals, the transfer, and one visit after.
Ask him all the options, including natural cycle for transfer, which helped me reduce the number of injections I needed to do!
clomid for 5 days, then I think gonal-f, menopur- lowest doses He used low doses to help get more eggs and eggs of higher quality. He customized the protocol for me; unlike other clinics that do the same basically for everyone!
Christine was so helpful, always answering my questions and giving me clear instructions. She also seemed to be cheering me on when we did well, which as sweet! She communicates mostly through email. Since I did outside monitoring, Gertrude and Nikol were great at sending requisitions to the other facility.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Pleasant clinic with couches, table area. Everyone at front desk was friendly. They work mostly through email. I think they are great at personalizing care, letting you know what to expect, and really wanting to help you achieve your dreams!
covered under insurance for the most part. after I exceeded my insurance, it was about $14k for retrieval cycle, plus extra for genetic testing of embryos.
He likes to do eSET, but interestingly, he said sometimes they split into twins once in utero! So cool!

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Forman made sure to perform every embryo transfer...After 3 failed transfers, Dr. Forman was very open to the idea of transferring 2 embryos....Each egg retrieval, [he] laid out a new plan and was clear about the process and why we were trying that plan. He regularly communicated and even emailed me before all my retrievals to wish me luck
Strengths [of Columbia University]: All nurses were extremely kind and empathetic....Additionally, the clinic is beyond efficient...Most days, I was in an out of the clinic within 15 minutes...They call/email when they say they will and never take more than a few hours to get back to you when you need something. Weaknesses: ...The one thing I would say is not to expect to see your doctor at a lot of appointments, but that is just par for the course during treatments and everyone at Columbia is very capable and smart.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman knows his stuff. He is exactly the type of doctor I needed to help me through this journey...compassionate, not afraid to try something different, patient, and extremely communicative. After moving on from IUI to IVF, I went through 4 egg retrievals and 5 embryo transfers until my first positive pregnancy test. Each egg retrieval, Dr. Forman laid out a new plan and was clear about the process and why we were trying that plan. He regularly communicated and even emailed me before all my retrievals to wish me luck. If I had questions throughout my cycles, he was only an email away and would answer his emails in record time. Additionally, Dr. Forman made sure to perform every embryo transfer. Each time my transfer failed, he would call me personally and encourage me to keep trying. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have believed a positive pregnancy test to be possible but he told me that if we keep going we will get there. Sure enough, after an embryo transfer that I never thought would work, we saw our positive test! Dr. Forman forever changed my view on what a doctor should be like. I will miss Columbia and working with him because I am not sure I will ever find someone as great at him.
Write down your questions and ask them! Dr. Forman is shy in person, but he is always willing and available to answer your questions, big or small. If you don't understand why you are doing something, ask for clarification! I always trusted his plan, but he is so smart that sometimes the details behind his methods are not always explained. There were a few times why I didn't understand what we were doing and once I asked and he explained his thought process, it was much more clear!
Dr. Forman remembered details about my cycle and treated me like I was one of his only patients. He was always accessible through email if I didn't see him in office, and no questions were left unanswered. He made me feel comfortable asking him anything. He also went above and beyond to reach out if there were any concerns about my cycle or just to check in and see how I was feeling. After working with him for a year and a half, it amazes me how much compassion he has for his patients and his ability to understand how stressful the process can be on our side.
I did an agonist protocol for 3 retrieval cycles. Each time the dosing was slightly different. For the first two cycles, we stuck with a relatively higher doses of Gonal F + Menopur. On my second cycle, we also added in Clomid so that I would produce some of my own hormones. For my 3rd cycle, we did a lower dose of Gonal F as we were aiming for a fresh transfer following my retrieval and did not want to risk OHSS. For my last retrieval cycle, we did the long agonist IVF protocol using lupron prior to my cycle and then adding in stims. This produced the most amount of eggs and embryos out of all my cycles. For my transfers, we did 3 frozen medicated, 1 fresh and 1 frozen natural transfer. We tried different strategies with my medicated transfers including a traditional medicated transfer, one using lupron prior to the transfer, and one with PRP implantation 2 days prior to the transfer. The medicated transfer with PRP implantation 2 days prior to the transfer resulted in our positive test.
I never had to question whether I would get the answers I needed after each monitoring or doctor appointment. Christine ALWAYS emailed me in a timely manner with the information I needed. After monitoring appointments, I would have all the info I needed for that night by 2pm latest! She was also compassionate and understood what I was going through after doing so many rounds at the clinic. She was positive and cheery and always encouraged me to keep my hopes up! I am truly going to miss emailing with Christine every few days and getting updates from her after each appointment. She is also the perfect compliment to Dr. Forman who is a little more reserved. Gertrude is Dr. Forman's care coordinator and she is very kind! It was easy to get ahold of her to schedule appointments and she always called when needed!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths: All nurses were extremely kind and empathetic. I enjoyed going to all my appointments because they made me smile during such a stressful time. Additionally, the clinic is beyond efficient. I can't emphasize this enough. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my monitoring appointments. Most days, I was in an out of the clinic within 15 minutes and when you are being monitored almost every other day, this is huge. Lastly, communication is another big plus at Columbia. They call/email when they say they will and never take more than a few hours to get back to you when you need something. Weaknesses: I really don't think there are any! The one thing I would say is not to expect to see your doctor at a lot of appointments, but that is just par for the course during treatments and everyone at Columbia is very capable and smart.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
Monitoring appointments were extremely efficient at Columbia. You schedule online during a certain time frame. Once you get to the clinic you check in and sit in the waiting area. The most I ever had to wait to be called in for bloodwork/ultrasound was 20 min and that was because it was a crazy weekend and there was not as much staff. Usually, I was in and out of monitoring appointments within 15 minutes. Sometimes, I didn't even get a chance to sit before my name was called. I always felt like a human and not a number during monitoring.
Luckily, most of my care was covered under insurance. The only thing my insurance did not cover was PGT testing which was $3,000 per cycle. I maxed out my insurance after 3 retrievals and 3 transfers, so I had to cover one retrieval out of pocket and 2 transfers out of pocket. I believe the total cost for retrieval with PGT testing was around $17,000 and the transfers were around $2,500.
Dr. Forman is a big proponent of eSET. However, he is open to working with you and will listen to how you feel. For my final 2 transfers, I had a multiple embryo transfer. After 3 failed transfers, Dr. Forman was very open to the idea of transferring 2 embryos.

2021 - 2022, Successful
I felt so specifically and personally seen and supported by Dr. Forman. I often had extensive questions that he took the time to answer very supportively and thoroughly. He was really sympathetic...I felt like he was really invested in our experience, in how we were handling the process, and that he wanted to give really clear and precise and medically-grounded observations and directions, but always with a human touch
Christine [nurse at Columbia University] was usually the one who emailed me my results - she was incredibly clear, direct, thorough, straightforward, and also felt like a real person - and like she knew everything about my case even though we didn't interact in person. Really warm, friendly, compassionate, and also willing to answer a lot of my followup questions when I had difficulty with the first round....
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr Forman went out of his way to be there for all the most important procedures - the transfer and all the followup ultrasounds until we graduated from the practice. As a patient, I felt like I could be really honest with him about how I felt emotionally, physically, and mentally, and he was there to guide us every step of the way. My partner and I made a conscious choice not to google anything or seek any outside information and really just trust Dr. Forman, and I am so grateful we made that choice. Dr. Forman was absolutely involved every step of the way and was always on top of slightly changing the protocols as needed, and ensuring that we were in the best possible position for every step.
I would tell them to just trust him - he's done ALL the research, he knows everything about fertility. I would encourage them to just relax into his care and just follow his advice and see how it turns out. He's also very understated which I really appreciated - he was really clear with us on the numbers and likelihood, and it felt like that gave us the space to have a really open experience. He didn't promise us a baby, but he did tell us exactly what the odds were and always indicated that there were more things we could try, more options, etc.
I felt so specifically and personally seen and supported by Dr. Forman. I often had extensive questions that he took the time to answer very supportively and thoroughly. He was really sympathetic to how difficult my first two retrieval cycles were, and then really celebratory when we had an incredible third cycle. I felt like he was really invested in our experience, in how we were handling the process, and that he wanted to give really clear and precise and medically-grounded observations and directions, but always with a human touch.
We went straight to IVF because I was almost 39 and had surgically-diagnosed stage 4 endometriosis. We did three rounds of egg retrieval with the plan to make/freeze/test embryos for later. We did not want immediate pregnancy, but wanted options and time. The first round of retrieval resulted in one embryo which did not develop. The second round resulted in five embryos, three of which developed but then tested either euploid or mosaic. For the third round, we added some extra medication (letrozole) and delayed my cycle by using birth control so I could get a hysteroscopy, and we retrieved 19 eggs, ten of which fertilized, and six of which tested normal on PGT.
Christine was usually the one who emailed me my results - she was incredibly clear, direct, thorough, straightforward, and also felt like a real person - and like she knew everything about my case even though we didn't interact in person. Really warm, friendly, compassionate, and also willing to answer a lot of my followup questions when I had difficulty with the first round.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths - really incredible doctors and nurses, everyone is super friendly and informed, really on top of fertility information, incredibly responsive. A new patient should know that the clinic will really stay with them throughout the whole experience.
We had great insurance which covered almost everything. We paid extra for PGT testing and assisted hatching.
Our doctor recommended single embryo transfer only. Our embryos had been PGT tested so each one had a 60% success rate and he did not recommend choosing to have twins.
2022, Successful
During the whole process, he [Dr. Forman] kept in touch with me, answered my all questions patiently...My treatment outcome was far above expectations given my age. I was 39 when i started the treatment. I was able to retrieve 11 follicles, all of them fertilized, 7 reached to the blastocyst stage and 6 came out genetically normal. This was complete surprise to me...Dr.Forman treatment plan was simple and did not ask me to change my diet or to take more supplements. His reasons were totally based on scientific studies which i really loved...
My nurse [at Columbia University] was Christine. She responded to my emails and my questions regarding medication immediately. The most important thing i want to say is nursing staff at 5 Columbus circle is beyond amazing. I liked going there even though I am getting poked with a needle, also i will be out in less than 15 minutes. They schedule monitoring appointments early mornings, i never had to take a day off even during surgery...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
I first spoke with Dr.Forman in September 2022. After talking to him, we had a clear plan about what to do next. I started my treatment immediately after that. My treatment outcome was far above expectations given my age. I was 39 when i started the treatment. I was able to retrieve 11 follicles, all of them fertilized, 7 reached to the blastocyst stage and 6 came out genetically normal. This was complete surprise to me. So ladies in their 40, please do not lose your hopes :). Dr.Forman treatment plan was simple and did not ask me to change my diet or to take more supplements. His reasons were totally based on scientific studies which i really loved. Dr. Forman also provided me need to know information during my visits. When i asked more, he immediately shared more details with me. I trusted him so much that I knew that he would let me know if things were not going as expected. I am now almost 9 weeks pregnant. We are planning to have a second baby and I am not going to any other doctor than Dr.Forman :)
Dr.Forman is one of the greatest fertility specialists, i was lucky to secure a spot with his clinic. My treatment went beyond expectations but others might have seen some setbacks and thats perfectly normal and those are temporary. Dr. Forman will come up with a right plan for the successful treatment, so hang in there.
We had a first consultation with Dr.Forman in 2022. We talked for more than an hour, he explained the process in detail and also responded to my questions over emails. In two days, i was pretty confident about what i need to do next. During the whole process, he kept in touch with me, answered my all questions patiently. Our communications was via email most of the time, i never felt like calling him directly since he is very thorough with his emails and also responds within a few hours.
My nurse was Christine. She responded to my emails and my questions regarding medication immediately. The most important thing i want to say is nursing staff at 5 Columbus circle is beyond amazing. I liked going there even though I am getting poked with a needle, also i will be out in less than 15 minutes. They schedule monitoring appointments early mornings, i never had to take a day off even during surgery.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
i was doing my treatment at Kofina's first, i had to wait there at least an hour for each monitoring visit. Thats one of the main reasons i switched to Columbia and of course all the praise i heard about Dr.Forman on fertility IQ.
It was fully covered under my insurance.
Dr.Forman suggested single embryo transfer for me.

2021, Successful
What I loved about Dr. Forman is whenever I had a question, I can always email him and he would always email me back. Sometimes immediately...Dr Forman would send me articles or just answer simple questions. It gave me time to digest and really get the most out of his expertise...we both agreed to a natural cycle. It meant more monitoring my natural cycle/ovulation. When I looked about ready to ovulate, I took Ovidrel and 3 days later we did the implanation...
The clinic [Columbia University] is clean, inviting, organized. Everything is on sight. The hours are fairly convenient...They do early morning bloodwork but sonograms always had to be later in the day which could be challenging if you are working and far from the office...I felt supported, but I also appreciated the efficiency...$350 to do genetic testing on the one good embryo...They are attentive, sympathetic, and supportive...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr Forman tried to be at the more important appointments but even when he couldn't be, I always felt I was in good hands. What I loved about Dr. Forman is whenever I had a question, I can always email him and he would always email me back. Sometimes immediately. I will never forget. I had a bad night. I was anxious and couldn't sleep. It was midnight. I grabbed my phone and sent him and email about something. I was shocked when he emailed me back. I always felt I can reach out to him directly and always got a reply back. I'm not sure how he does it, but I appreciated that even more than if I had seen him every visit. You don't always think of everything at your visit. So it's great to be able to reach out when you need to and get a reply. I really had a great experience and feel very very lucky!!
Ask questions. Email with Dr Forman. During visits, there might not be enough time, or you might feel emotional and forget things, but don't ever feel like you don't have enough time with him because you can email whenever and you will get a reply. This was my preference so maybe that's why I see this so positively, but it allowed me to really organize my thoughts during a quiet time and ask everything I needed. Dr Forman would send me articles or just answer simple questions. It gave me time to digest and really get the most out of his expertise.
I didn't always see Dr Forman, but I was always in contact with him. He even answered emails at midnight one time when I was having some anxiety about things. I was always shocked at how quickly he replied to emails. The staff was always wonderful as well. I felt supported, but I also appreciated the efficiency. This process requires alot of appointments. Working full time with a 2 year old at home, it was great to also have timely appointments that I can do during work hours that didn't run too long.
We first tried a round of letrozole. I had already had a baby naturally 2 years ago, so I just needed a little help. I have a unicorn uterus so I can only get pregnant when I ovulate on my left side. This makes getting pregnant a bit challenging. After the 2nd round, I got pregnant. At 7 weeks, we noticed irregular growth. At 8 weeks, there was no more heartbeat. After the D&C, genetic testing confirmed trisomy 11. I explained to Dr Forman that I just couldn't handle anymore miscarriages. This wasn't my first. I decided on IVF because I knew that I can have the embryos genetically tested so I can avoid miscarriage due to chromosomal issues. The IVF treatment was complicated and I'm sorry but I just don't remember. I believe there were 2 different shots each day for about a week and then it went up to 3 shots a day. The egg retrieval produced only 4 eggs so my chances were not great. 2 of those eggs fertilized and only one developed into a blastocyst. After sending out for genetic testing, the embryo came back normal but secondary testing resulted in mosaicism. After discussing with Dr. Forman, I didn't want to try another cycle. I wanted to try for implantation. I waited 2 cycles due to travelling. The next step was implantation. When I learned about the progesterone shots for potentially up to 10 weeks, I almost had a heartattack. I thought that was it for the needles. After discussing with Dr. Forman, we both agreed to a natural cycle. It meant more monitoring my natural cycle/ovulation. When I looked about ready to ovulate, I took Ovidrel and 3 days later we did the implanation. I've been taking 200mg progesterone suppositories 3x a day. I will be able to stop taking them at 10 weeks which is a week away!! I've been very lucky. With Dr. Forman's guidance and my own instinct, this has been a fairly easy process considering.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude / Christine)
The entire staff is wonderful. They are attentive, sympathetic, and supportive. I'm almost sad to say goodbye but it's for a very exciting reason. I have graduated!! I've been very lucky to have such a great care team. It's felt like friends seeing me through all the crazy.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is clean, inviting, organized. Everything is on sight. The hours are fairly convenient. I'm not sure I would say they have any weaknesses other than maybe I wish the sonograms could be scheduled before 8am as well. They do early morning bloodwork but sonograms always had to be later in the day which could be challenging if you are working and far from the office. I was lucky because my work was close and pretty flexible so no one really noticed when I popped out for an hour. I really have no complaints.
This is where I was beyond fortunate. My health insurance covered everything. The only thing I paid for was $350 to do genetic testing on the one good embryo I had.
Columbia University

When we first met Dr. Forman, he explained to us with great details of reasons that cause infertility from both a female and male perspective, and provided us a clear approach of how we would be able to try to diagnose the cause of our personal situation...As I was going through morning monitoring prior to the egg retrieval, he would email me to tell me how things are progressing
It would be great if [the Columbia U clinic] was more transparent on what the overall cost would be going though the IVF process with my insurance. I had no idea how much it would be out of pocket as it was my first time going though this...was very clear in her communication in her emails...Also I think the clinic can improve on being more proactive around the communication around when they will be ordering mediation for the patient for upcoming cycles
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is an outstanding reproductive endocrinologist. He truly cares about his patients. I’ve must’ve emailed him on a number of times with questions as I was contemplating IVF and he always responded almost right away. As I was going through morning monitoring prior to the egg retrieval, he would email me to tell me how things are progressing. Truly grateful that I had this level of support from Dr. Forman as I was going through my IVF journey.
Ask as many questions as you need to and be clear about your goals.
When we first met Dr. Forman, he explained to us with great details of reasons that cause infertility from both a female and male perspective, and provided us a clear approach of how we would be able to try to diagnose the cause of our personal situation. He listened to our story/ goals attentively and patiently answered all of our questions and concerns we had. He has a calm demeanor and was methodical in explaining the process. We felt like we were in good care the entire time.
We went through a number of testing to try to figure out the cause of our infertility. Due to the severe male factor in our case, Dr. Forman recommended that we go through the IVF route. In preparation of egg retrieval, I have taken Gonal F and Menopur, and Cetrocide injections for around 6 nights at varying instructed dosages. Night before the egg retrieval, I injected HCG 1500 IU and Lupron 40 units.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude and Christine)
Gertrude is very friendly and approachable. Nurse Christine was very clear in her communication in her emails.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
It would be great if it was more transparent on what the overall cost would be going though the IVF process with my insurance. I had no idea how much it would be out of pocket as it was my first time going though this. At the end, my insurance covered most of the cost, but I think it would be helpful for patients to generally know what this may mean financially for them. Also I think the clinic can improve on being more proactive around the communication around when they will be ordering mediation for the patient for upcoming cycles. I felt like I had to be more proactive in reaching out to make sure I don’t miss a cycle.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman goes above and beyond to answer every question you have, consider all your specific circumstances, and give you as much information as you need. He's very professional and can report results in a straightforward manner, but he also understands what an emotional rollercoaster IVF is and makes himself extremely available for his patients.... Dr. Forman is the best doctor I've had across the board and has elevated my standards for medical care. Never before had I met a doctor who emailed me back (from his direct email, not through some labyrinthine portal system run by a staff person)
Columbia seems to have made an effort to cut down on wait time. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes--very important when you're trying to squeeze these appointments in before work. All the doctors I saw for ultrasounds seemed very kind and knowledgeable. The financial coordinator overall was very helpful, but my one complaint is that I sometimes had to email repeatedly to get the information I needed.... $3K to develop a genetic probe $3K for PGS/PGD testing of up to 12 embryos
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is the best doctor I've had across the board and has elevated my standards for medical care. Never before had I met a doctor who emailed me back (from his direct email, not through some labyrinthine portal system run by a staff person) always within the day, often within the hour, and sometimes within minutes! He made it a priority to do my transfer himself and did two of my three retrievals; for the one retrieval he couldn't do, he called me the night before to go over what to expect and check if I had any questions. When my first retrieval didn't yield the desired results, he spent an hour on the phone with me to review what had happened and discuss protocol shifts. He validated my frustration but also left me feeling hopeful and, sure enough, the next outcome was better. He also was willing to share as much information as my neurotic brain required, including sending me my follicle measurement and hormone level charts, doing side-by-side comparisons of rounds, etc. Even after I got pregnant and "graduated" out of the IVF clinic, when I reached out with a concern Dr. Forman quickly offered me an appointment and had me in for a blood draw to confirm that all was okay. I ended up doing a CVS to confirm the PGD/PGS testing (the reason we had done IVF), and while I was no longer officially his patient at that point, he still reached out beforehand to wish me luck and later followed up to ask how it went. While Dr. Forman is not overly demonstrative and his manner didn't at first strike me as super smiley or warm, he shows his care through his actions and patient outcomes. With a process as emotionally challenging as IVF, he's the doctor you want managing your treatment. I can't recommend him highly enough.
Ask him everything. He is extremely knowledgeable and can give you as many detail as you want but won't overwhelm you with jargon if that's not your speed.
We saw Dr. Forman for IVF with PGD after learning I carried an x-linked disease. He was willing to do a repeat genetic panel to confirm the diagnosis. We eventually did three rounds of stimulation drugs: Round 1 - 150 Follistim and 150 Menopur, then Ganirelix, then 10000 HcG. Yield: 14 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 made it to blastocyst. Round 2 - 300 Follistim and 150 Menopur, then Ganirelix, then 5000 HcG and Lupron (dual trigger) Yield: 15 eggs, 7 mature, 7 fertilized, 6 made it blastocyst. Round 3 - Estradiol to suppress before starting (because I'd had a leading follicle in between rounds that led us to delay). Same medication regimen as Round 2. Yield: 25 eggs, 15 mature, 13 fertilized, 7 made it to blastocyst. The thinking was that increasing the stim dosage would improve possibly both my egg yield and the number of embryos that made it to day 5. The thinking behind the Lupron was that it might help my egg maturity ratio. Neither was a perfect fix, but the results kept improving overall, so we were pleased. We had to do three rounds because few embryos passed both the PGS and PGD testing, and we wanted to do a transfer with a couple embryos banked. Before the FET, we did progesterone shots and estrogen pills, and the first one took!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
Wonderful! Jenny did a lot of my blood draws and gave me such comfort during those 7 a.m. needle in the arm appointments (and also never left a bruise). Christine and Tiffany did a lot of the communication about medication and appointments and were clear and prompt.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
$3K to develop a genetic probe $3K for PGS/PGD testing of up to 12 embryos $10K out-of-pocket in meds for three retrievals, 1 transfer, and hormones for first 10 weeks of pregnancy My insurance miraculously covered my three retrievals and transfer with copays, which I'm still adding up--but are probably around $600 (as opposed to the $10K I feared)
Dr. Forman I believe is a pioneer in eSET and strongly believes in this approach.
What specific things went wrong at Columbia University?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
One time Columbia called in my prescription to the wrong pharmacy, but Dr. Forman was on it right away and got it transferred to my neighborhood pharmacy.
Columbia University
Dr. Forman was always responsive to emails. Usually within a few hours. He provided us with scheduled conference calls when we had questions about the process. He was extremely honest and upfront about our chances of retrieving a viable embryo for implantation. His demeanor was very calming and reassuring at all times.
Our process began in May 2016 and we were released in November 2016. ... The clinic's strength is that they are generally communicative and responsive to needs and questions. A patient is never meant to wait for an excessive period of time for monitoring. As a weakness, because RMA is so large, you need to know exactly the contact information for all parties involved in your care. The switchboard services multiple locations. An additional weakness, specific to our care was the number of nurses that I had assigned to me in a relatively short period of time. I didn't like working with three different nurses and didn't feel like a plan had been put into place for a seamless transition.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
Having never gone through this process and not knowing what to expect, my first thought of Dr. Forman was that he was extremely knowledgable in his field and that we would be in good hands. He further supported this feeling by making himself available via email and phone when we had questions and/or concerns about the process as it related to communications with our nurses. We spoke to him on numerous occasions outside of the typical clinic hours, we never felt rushed or intrusive to his personal time. When we were told that we only had one viable embryo, Dr. Forman saw to it to call us on a Sunday morning to provide us with options. He was transparent about the realities of success but I never felt like he was detached or unemotional about our care. I was happy to have had Dr. Forman complete our transfer, as there was no-one else the I trusted to complete the procedure. The extra added bonus, whether planned or not, was that Dr. Forman saw me routinely for a few weeks following during the morning monitoring hours. We were so pleased to have a positive result from the transfer and were sad to leave his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact Dr. Forman when you need to seek clarity as the process is overwhelming. He is extremely responsive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey and their degree of success.
To be honest, Dr. Forman, due to my age, recommended the my husband and I seek IVF as our primary strategy for a successful pregnancy. We had both our eggs and sperm tested and that did result in providing us with the reasons we should pursue IVF versus IUI. At that point, the first cycle IVF started with me taking birth control pills in preparation for the hormone treatment that leads to egg retrieval. The first go around on this didn't follow the plan as Dr. Forman scheduled due to a cyst on my ovaries. We were able to continue as planned after my next cycle. Egg retrieval was in August and transfer in October. I wish I remember specifics about the drugs but I don't remember names and dosage at this point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey. (Assigned nurse: We had three: Danielle, Tonya, Julie)
Our process began in May 2016 and we were released in November 2016. In that time, I had three different nurses that I considered my primary nurse due to changes in staff. The first nurse, Danielle, we were assigned and she left after 2 weeks. She was lovely and effectively communicated the initial stages of the process. Tonya, the second nurse assigned to us, was not an effective communicator, nor was she the nicest person to deal with on the phone. So much so that we asked to speak to Dr. Forman directly following what was a series of botched phone calls. He handled the situation well and understood our concerns. Moving forward, Tonya left immediately following our transfer. Julie Cochrane saw to our care and was amazing. It was clear that she has experience and patience in dealing with couples going through what is a very trying process. She was available, responsive to my voicemails and emails at all times. Charmy, our financial coordinator was amazing. She was clear, responsive and dedicated to making sure we understood the financial components to the process. The monitoring nurses were awesome in both Morristown and Basking Ridge.
Describe your experience with RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
Our insurance covered $30,000 of which $10,000 was allocated to fertility drugs. Out of pocket we paid for freezing of embryos and sperm and genetic testing. This amount was in the neighborhood of $7.000. Our drug costs did exceed our insurance plan and we paid between $1,000 - $2,000. Also, nutritional counseling was not covered and costs $150 per visit.
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
We didn't have this option as we only had 1 viable embryo to be transferred. However, Dr. Forman did adequately explain our options prior to a transfer date in regards to undergoing more rounds for additional egg retrieval, which our insurance would not cover.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey.
The second nurse assigned to me, failed to call the pharmacy with secondary prescriptions, not related to fertility drugs. I contacted them myself. She also seemed unclear in regards to next steps at one point early in the process, which we remedied by speaking to Dr. Forman directly on a 1 hour phone call.
RMA of Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Morristown

2021 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Forman is clearly an expert in his field. His depth of knowledge of the most up to date research, kind and compassionate bedside manner and consistent open communication with calls for updates or emails around the clock were so amazing through this process. I truly appreciate his level of dedication to his patients...He was always super informative and took time to explain all results, research and best practices. He was fabulous at responding to emails for any questions or concerns
It would be great for Columbia to have an online results portal or post on Mychart. I wasn’t able to monitor or preview my own hormone levels and results. The self scheduling portal though was great. There are busy times of the year when the clinic gets packed and wait times increase. Never more than 15 min though...[nurse] Kind, compassionate and good with e-mail communication...Dr. Forman is clearly an expert in his field. His depth of knowledge of the most up to date research, kind and compassionate bedside manner and consistent open communication with calls for updates or emails around the clock were so amazing through this process. I truly appreciate his level of dedication to his patients.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Don’t be scared to ask questions. He takes time explaining everything fully.
Dr. Forman was incredible. He was always super informative and took time to explain all results, research and best practices. He was fabulous at responding to emails for any questions or concerns which is very rare for most doctors. I saw 3 RE specialist prior for evaluations and one for a retrieval, but my care there cannot compare to the level of expertise and care at Columbia.
Higher dose gonal f and menopur with double trigger for IVF egg retrievals for DOR.
Kind, compassionate and good with e-mail communication
Just copays in network

2022, Successful
Dr. Forman is the most compassionate, caring doctor I have ever had the privilege of seeing for medical care. He answers every question thoughtfully and never responds with judgement. He takes the time to ensure understanding and comfort with the treatment plan...He replied to emails within minutes and answers every single question. He strikes the perfect balance between being warm and caring and simply brilliant...
The Clinic [Columbia University] is so efficient and timely - I never waited more than 5 minutes for appointments. It made it very easy to do fertility treatment and work more than full-time. Their office space is very clean and updated. Everyone that works there is always smiling and friendly - truly made a tough situation more manageable...She [nurse] always provided detailed information and procedures. She was reachable, communicative and warm. I always felt supported and like I had someone to reach, if needed....
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is a comprehensive and compassionate doctor. He spends the time to thoroughly explain procedures, risks vs. benefits and proposes options within a recommended treatment plan. He replied to emails within minutes and answers every single question. He strikes the perfect balance between being warm and caring and simply brilliant.
Make the appointment as soon as possible. He is truly the best of the best.
Dr. Forman is the most compassionate, caring doctor I have ever had the privilege of seeing for medical care. He answers every question thoughtfully and never responds with judgement. He takes the time to ensure understanding and comfort with the treatment plan. I not only felt like a human, but a human that he truly cared about!
Clomid with timed intercourse increased clomid dose with timed intercourse increased clomid with IUI
Christine is an increase nurse coordinator. She always provided detailed information and procedures. She was reachable, communicative and warm. I always felt supported and like I had someone to reach, if needed.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The Clinic is so efficient and timely - I never waited more than 5 minutes for appointments. It made it very easy to do fertility treatment and work more than full-time. Their office space is very clean and updated. Everyone that works there is always smiling and friendly - truly made a tough situation more manageable!
Fully covered by insurance, minimal costs out of pocket $40/co pay