LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

6.3

Grace Couchman (retired) worked in 1 office at

2601 Lake Dr Ste 301
Raleigh, NC 27607

2017, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Grace Couchman] explained all the results to us and helped us understand our options. She made sound recommendations, and I felt much better after leaving because I had a good sense of direction to move forward. She seemed nice and approachable and even gave us her card, which doctors never seem to do. It was nice to interact with her, and I haven't experienced any specific weaknesses that I would highlight.
People in the office [Carolina Conceptions] were really nice. She [Dr. Grace Couchman] talked to us in her office and answered all the questions we had....I wouldn't say wrong, but one of my tubes was blocked, though this wasn't specifically told to me during the procedure. It was discussed that it could be scar tissue or something else, which freaked me out. Dr. Couchman told me it was just a blocked tube during our 1-on-1 meeting though, so it was fine.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
She explained all the results to us and helped us understand our options. She made sound recommendations, and I felt much better after leaving because I had a good sense of direction to move forward. She seemed nice and approachable and even gave us her card, which doctors never seem to do. It was nice to interact with her, and I haven't experienced any specific weaknesses that I would highlight.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Take all the data in and determine where it is you want to go next
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
People in the office were really nice. She talked to us in her office and answered all the questions we had.
Describe the protocols Grace Couchman (retired) used in your cycles at Carolina Conceptions and their degree of success.
First, we looked at my egg count and thyroid for possible issues. We also looked into my husband's sperm count and my progesterone levels. They looked to see if my tubes were blocked (which one is), and we talked about next steps from there.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Very pleasant to interact with, helpful when checking in or explaining the basic information, seemed to really know their stuff
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
No weaknesses to speak of, everyone was really nice and helpful
Describe the costs associated with your care under Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions.
$30 office visit

2014 - 2017, Unknown Success
I believe Dr. Couchman is very frank in her discussion of what a patient should expect as far as chances for pregnancy. In general, I wish the clinic were more detailed in procedures that need to be followed at home. Often times i felt I needed to ask further or call again to clarify what I needed to do... We had ovarian stimulation for all procedures to increase egg production. I had 3 timed intercourses, 3 IUI's and 1 IVF with my own egg. I will attempt an IVF with donor egg soon
Strength, the staff [at Carolina Conceptions] is very friendly and very good at their jobs. I didnt like that I would have to see other doctor's other than Dr. Couchman at times, since I specifically chose to work with her. It was, however, somtimes unavoidable.... I believe the nurses were all very proficient and kind. My only complaint is that sometimes I felt "rushed" through what I needed to do at home as far as injections, injection schedule.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Be prepared for honesty and be your own advocate as far as your procedures
I realize Dr. Couchman must be frank in her discussing expectations with older patients but I felt there could have been more "empathy". Also, sometimes the procedures of injections were gone through very quickly and I felt a little underinformed during the process
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Strength, the staff is very friendly and very good at their jobs. I didnt like that I would have to see other doctor's other than Dr. Couchman at times, since I specifically chose to work with her. It was, however, somtimes unavoidable.
I was covered by insurance for 2 timed intercourses as well as 2 IUI's, I believe. I also had an IVF
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
I felt underinformed at times as far as injection procedure and schedule when I first began treatment.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Couchman has been fantastic. This has been a very challenging experience for my husband and I to go through. After several failed treatments, we have decided to start IVF treatment. During the first meeting with Dr. Couchman, this is the treatment that she recommended for me but was willing to help us try other less invasive and less expensive methods first. To be honest, she was right to recommend IVF off the bat but I am still glad she let us try a few other things first and was so supportive all the way through. Every time we have requested to meet with her she has made time for us right away.
The nursing staff [at Carolina Conceptions] has been wonderful. At every visit and every ultrasound (there have been over 20) they have gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable and also NORMAL. Dealing with infertility can be embarrassing and make you feel ashamed at first. Carolina Conceptions staff made me feel like everything I was going through was normal.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman is professional yet very relatable. One visit we spent nearly an hour in her office talking and trying to get an understanding of our treatment. I never felt rushed or pressured at all. We appreciated her kindness and her willingness to answer all of our questions as well as hear our frustrations.
Go with her.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nursing staff has been wonderful. At every visit and every ultrasound (there have been over 20) they have gone out of their way to make me feel comfortable and also NORMAL. Dealing with infertility can be embarrassing and make you feel ashamed at first. Carolina Conceptions staff made me feel like everything I was going through was normal.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I have not experienced anything negative so far with Carolina Conceptions and I've been with them for over a year.
Raleigh

The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] was everything I expected--professional, helpful, and welcoming!... I first had the egg count (via a blood draw) done. Next, I had the HSG completed. Dr. Couchman felt that she needed this information to determine the next steps. The results were that I have plenty of eggs and my uterus is "healthy", but I have recurrent miscarriages for unknown reasons.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
In my experience, Dr. Couchman was the absolute epitome of a doctor who deals with very sensitive subjects. She explained everything in detail and answered all of my questions. Because I do not live in the same area as Dr. Couchman, I emailed her frequently and she ALWAYS responded promptly! I definitely felt informed and cared for during each appointment. As a patient, I would recommend Dr. Couchman to anyone!
Ask every single question that you have, no matter how silly/unimportant you think it is because she will answer them all!
Dr. Couchman listened to me, and that made me feel like a human, not just another sad statistic. She welcomed my questions and answered each thoughtfully.
I first had the egg count (via a blood draw) done. Next, I had the HSG completed. Dr. Couchman felt that she needed this information to determine the next steps. The results were that I have plenty of eggs and my uterus is "healthy", but I have recurrent miscarriages for unknown reasons. I am just beginning my IVF journey--I have currently only been prescribed birth control pills.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nursing staff (that I have only dealt with over the phone as of now), were very helpful and kind. I've asked a LOT of questions, and they were always answered kindly.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic was everything I expected--professional, helpful, and welcoming!
My insurance covered part of the consultations, so I only paid the co-pay which was around $100.
Describe Grace Couchman (retired)'s approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Carolina Conceptions.
I don't have any experience with this.
Raleigh

Dr. Couchman takes time to answer all of your questions. I am the kind of patient who wants to know every detail and every possible outcome. She took the time to explain things carefully. She was also realistic in telling us we didn't have great odds doing timed intercourse, even with me medications...She allowed us to try on our own first through timed intercourse and medications. I overreacted the first 2 cycles and had too many follicles. 3rd time I had 3, so we moved forward with that cycle and will see what happens. She has adjusted the plan of treatment accordingly throughout.
The clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is great. Even when it's busy, I've never had to wait long...Nursing staff is FABULOUS. So responsive and compassionate and super knowledgeable. They have done a lot of my monitoring and always take time to explain things...and the clinic has a nurse's line that is also very helpful...Co-pay for visits Medications Follistim class..Dr. Couchman takes time to answer all of your questions. I am the kind of patient who wants to know every detail and every possible outcome. She took the time to explain things carefully.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman has been great. She allowed us to try on our own first through timed intercourse and medications. I overreacted the first 2 cycles and had too many follicles. 3rd time I had 3, so we moved forward with that cycle and will see what happens. She has adjusted the plan of treatment accordingly throughout.
Ask questions! She's more than willing to answer them.
1st Cycle: Follistim only (too many follicles...about 9 in total. Cycle cancelled). 2nd Cycle: Lower dose of Follistim and Letrozole (still too many follicles, 4, with a few right behind them. We were given an option to try, but we cancelled this cycle also) 3rd Cycle: Letrozole only cycle days 3-7. 3 mature follicles. Moved forward with timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The clinic is great. Even when it's busy, I've never had to wait long.
Co-pay for visits Medications Follistim class
2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Couchman did my second round of ivf after multiple failed fertility treatments elsewhere. She was appropriately compassionate and efficient...day 5 transfer 2 embryos after ICSI and assisted hatching...Dr. Couchman was extremely professional, knowledgeable and caring. She took time to make me comfortable with my treatment plans.
Strengths [at Carolina Conceptions]. Very kind courteous and compassionate. Weaknesses. I did not get much teaching about injection regimens...Clean, friendly staff front and back...GonalF and Femara were the mainstays along with injections of lupron and growth hormone..daily follicle checks. Ovidrel when follicle size was appropriate, egg retrieval soon after, day 5 transfer 2 embryos after ICSI and assisted hatching. 10 dates later + HCG. 1st trimester on progesterone.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman did my second round of ivf after multiple failed fertility treatments elsewhere. She was appropriately compassionate and efficient. I gave birth to a healthy beautiful baby boy after successful IVF and sent a birth announcement to the office. Dr. Couchman took the time to send me a very nice handwritten congratulations after receiving the announcement.
Don't mistake a quiet demeanor for unfriendliness. She is very warm, but understandably very focused prior to and during procedures.
GonalF and Femara were the mainstays along with injections of lupron and growth hormone..daily follicle checks. Ovidrel when follicle size was appropriate, egg retrieval soon after, day 5 transfer 2 embryos after ICSI and assisted hatching. 10 dates later + HCG. 1st trimester on progesterone. Perfect little baby boy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Strengths. Very kind courteous and compassionate. Weaknesses. I did not get much teaching about injection regimens., this would have been very stressful were I not a healthcare professional
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Clean, friendly staff front and back. Elevator is pretty slow
I was so so fortunate to have an insurance plan that paid for everything excepting a few meds. Our total out of pocket wasp $3000
I failed my first round with this approach. Only has 2 decent embryos second go round. We discussed and agreed transfer of both was best.

2016, Unknown Success
She was nice and seemed to care but I didn't feel as much compassion from her as I would have wished. This is the hardest thing I've gone through thus far in my life and she was very dry at points. She was informative but was recommending tests for me to go through that I already had done... I had written down a lot of details on initial paperwork that was asked multiple times during first visit. Wish she would have reviewed what was written before which would have made me feel more comfortable or that she had looked into what could be going on instead of being told then
This clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is very accommodating. I had to reschedule appointments due to insurance issues and they helped me out significantly.... [The nursing staff were] Very nice and to the point. Got me right back for my appointments and made sure I knew everything going on... I had written down a lot of details on initial paperwork that was asked multiple times during first visit. Wish she would have reviewed what was written before which would have made me feel more comfortable or that she had looked into what could be going on instead of being told then
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
She's nice but at points doesn't seem as sympathetic as I would have hoped.
I didn't start going through infertility treatments. I had a few tests done to determine my egg quality and if my tube was still open. I had one ovary removed and endometriosis on the other so I wasn't sure on where to start with fertility treatments. I'm now deciding what I think would be best for me
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
This clinic is very accommodating. I had to reschedule appointments due to insurance issues and they helped me out significantly.
I only had to pay my specialist copay under my insurance at the time. Unfortunately I have since lost my health insurance which has put a pause on me being able to continue going.
She said they would not do multiple embryo transfer which upset me. I was hoping that I would be able to transfer a few
2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr Couchman took the time to sit down with us on a few occasions and she's followed up with me. Plus, she remembered me from the first time several years ago...has been great throughout our first IUI in 2015 and now that we're back in 2018. She's been straight with us and makes me feel comfortable with the process and where we're going and if changes need to be made...There was a change on my dosage as my body wasn't reacting properly. It was explained to me clearly what the plan and expected outcome was.
[The nurses at Carolina Conceptions are] Very quick to get my appointment started and done, no waiting around for a long time. They're straight forward with what that appointment is for and what they'll be doing. They put me at ease...Very organized with the check-in and check-out process. They're also quick to get you in and out, I don't recall that I've ever had to wait a long time. They have weekend hours which offer flexibility
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman has been great throughout our first IUI in 2015 and now that we're back in 2018. She's been straight with us and makes me feel comfortable with the process and where we're going and if changes need to be made.
Be honest with what you're wanting to achieve and be sure to ask questions, any questions
I've been doing IUI with pills for the first few days and injectables for the rest. There was a change on my dosage as my body wasn't reacting properly. It was explained to me clearly what the plan and expected outcome was.
Total of 2-3 ultrasounds at 116 each. Other costs around 3-400 as I recall
2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
LGBTQ+
She's [Dr. Couchman] very medical minded and didn't seem super personable at first, but she was always very matter of fact, which we appreciated, and became warmer as she got to know us both. She's easily reachable through email, and she never rushed any of our consultation appointments...In the beginning with my partner, we were treated very much like a number but as the years and treatments continued, we began to get to know Dr Couchman a little better and she became more relaxed and candid with us.
Weakness [at Carolina Concpetions] : they are very very busy. Sometimes your question may not be answered by medical staff, but front desk staff. However their front desk is a strong point. They are very knowledgeable and compassionate, we did not get that elsewhere...In the beginning with my partner, we were treated very much like a number but as the years and treatments continued, we began to get to know Dr Couchman a little better and she became more relaxed and candid with us.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
She's very medical minded and didn't seem super personable at first, but she was always very matter of fact, which we appreciated, and became warmer as she got to know us both. She's easily reachable through email, and she never rushed any of our consultation appointments.
If you like this sugar-coated and more concerned about feelings, this may not be the doctor for you. But if you want numbers and facts no matter what, she's the one.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Weakness: they are very very busy. Sometimes your question may not be answered by medical staff, but front desk staff. However their front desk is a strong point. They are very knowledgeable and compassionate, we did not get that elsewhere
We had insurance coverage
She heavily prefers single transfer, as she she feels it's bordering unethical to intentionally introduce the difficulty of multiples.

Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Couchman's strengths included her demeanor and honesty. However, with the cost of egg retrieval being so expensive, perhaps sitting down with the "financial person" should occur before the actual visit with the doctor.... Dr. Couchman emailed me to tell me the results of my blood test and wanted to follow up with me with another appointment to talk about the next. I didn't schedule another appointment with her, but at least she was willing to meet with me to talk about my options going forward.
The initial visit [at Carolina Conceptions] was $150 which wasn't bad. Everything else was typical in terms of costs of procedures at a fertility clinic - exorbitantly expensive.... I didn't really interact with the nursing staff. I only interacted with them when they drew my blood. They were nice and pleasant.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Be prepared for any procedure here to cost an incredible amount of money.
Dr. Couchman was very pleasant in my meeting with her. She explained everything and took into consideration that I was going to have surgery during possible treatment for future egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I have not visited other fertility clinics so I have nothing to compare it to.
The initial visit was $150 which wasn't bad. Everything else was typical in terms of costs of procedures at a fertility clinic - exorbitantly expensive.
Raleigh
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 8 years and we desperately want to conceive. Dr Couchman helped us to identify the underlying issue and she gave good feedback as to what our options are. She was compassionate and understanding.... She let us know that the best option would be IVF. She let us know the risks and success rates as well as explaining the procedure process. She was a wonderful fertility doctor.
I didn’t see anything in regards to weaknesses but it [Carolina Conceptions] seemed like a very calm environment. The staff was friendly and professional. They answered any questions and made sure you were made to feel comfortable.... The nursing staff was very nice and helpful.... My husband and I have been trying to conceive for over 8 years and we desperately want to conceive. Dr Couchman helped us to identify the underlying issue
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
As a patient of Dr Couchman I went in unsure of what my fertility options were. As stated before my husband and I want to conceive children. She made us aware of what the issue was and she provided us with our different options. She made us feel very comfortable and confidenr with the options. She let us know that the best option would be IVF. She let us know the risks and success rates as well as explaining the procedure process. She was a wonderful fertility doctor.
Be sure to listen to her because she gives very good suggestions.
She first started me out on clomid and gave me dietary changes to make to my diet and encouraged exercise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nursing staff was very nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
I didn’t see anything in regards to weaknesses but it seemed like a very calm environment. The staff was friendly and professional. They answered any questions and made sure you were made to feel comfortable.
I don’t quite remember the costs associated with care.
2015, Successful
I had three embryos. I wanted to transfer all three. Dr. Couchman said she would only transfer two. Thank goodness she only did two. I know have twins and developed pre- eclampsia so they were born early. If there had been three the outcome might have not been so good....I was monitored throughout the process with ultrasounds and blood work to ensure my health and the timing for our IVF was perfect...She was very personable and spoke with compassion but was always 100% honest with me.
I was monitored throughout the process [by Carolina Conceptions] with ultrasounds and blood work to ensure my health and the timing for our IVF was perfect...[nurses are] Very thoughtful and always followed up...Around 15,000 for IVF...I only have great things to say. Very quick check in. I never waited in the waiting room more than ten minutes. Also very easy to contact through email and phone. They would always follow up with you. Dr. Couchman even called me and congratulated us on a positive pregnancy.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman was very compassionate but always honest with me. I appreciated her honesty and her delivery of sometimes news I did not want to hear. She is very knowledgeable and I could not have chosen a more wonderful doctor. We had two failed IUIs and a successful IVF resulting in twins. We need a gestational carrier for our last frozen embryo and will entrust this with Dr. Couchman.
Listen to her, she is the expert!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Very thoughtful and always followed up
Around 15,000 for IVF
2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Couchman was very personable as a very good bedside manner is very knowledgeable and very attentive. She was always available via phone or email and I never felt like I was bothering her. She was willing to listen to my concerns... No matter what my concern was she was always willing to listen and come up with a solution... All of the nurses were very knowledgeable and very willing to answer all my questions
The entire Clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is great. The only issue I ever had was having to pay for a nurse class every cycle I did. In my last Clinic I didn't have to pay for a nurse to show me what my injection schedule was going to be....All of the nurses were very knowledgeable and very willing to answer all my questions... Dr. Couchman was very personable as a very good bedside manner is very knowledgeable and very attentive.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman was very personable as a very good bedside manner is very knowledgeable and very attentive. She was always available via phone or email and I never felt like I was bothering her. She was willing to listen to my concerns regarding what we were not doing in this cycle that I had done with a previous doctor in another state.
See her
She was always available to answer my questions via phone or email. No matter what my concern was she was always willing to listen and come up with a solution
I'm sorry I do not recall exact protocols
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The entire Clinic is great. The only issue I ever had was having to pay for a nurse class every cycle I did. In my last Clinic I didn't have to pay for a nurse to show me what my injection schedule was going to be.
I had very good insurance. I how to pay for cryopreservation of embryos and nurse classes
Each time we transferred I put into embryos and she had no problem with it
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Couchman is very good. She is very responsive to emails and has a good plan for treatments. Overall, my experience with carolina conceptions has been a good one. I have also seen Dr. Meyer and Dr. Bowling who are very good doctors as well. Dr. Bowling performed my egg retrieval.... First ivf cycle was traditional and was cancelled due to early ovulation. Second ivf cycle was lupron down reg.... Ask lots of questions.
Carolina conceptions labs are excellent. My husband and I attended a seminar hosted by the director prior to IVF treatment and it really helped us with our decision to move forward. The lab is well-organized and the staff is very knowledgeable and friendly.... Dr. Couchman is very good. She is very responsive to emails and has a good plan for treatments.... I have also seen Dr. Meyer and Dr. Bowling who are very good doctors as well. Dr. Bowling performed my egg retrieval.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Ask lots of questions. Carolina conceptions is very motivated to help you get pregnant.
$20,000 for ivf including meds

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
We began seeing Dr. Couchman during one of her office days in Wilmington since that is where we live. She did a great job explaining how we could get our care coordinated between Wilmington and Raleigh. She was straightforward with how the process could potentially go. She called me to follow up with test results and is always great at answering emails.... We began with just clomid and timed intercourse. Then since my insurance covered some medication we did 2 rounds of injectables with timed intercourse. The third round we turned into an IUI. We are now beginning our round of IVF
There are 4 doctors [at Carolina Conceptions] and you may see some of them as you go through treatment; but that is a good thing. I feel like you get the benefit of different opinions.... The nurses were very knowledgeable and caring. They do a great job coordinating care between Wilmington and Raleigh.... We began with just clomid and timed intercourse. Then since my insurance covered some medication we did 2 rounds of injectables with timed intercourse. The third round we turned into an IUI. We are now beginning our round of IVF
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Same for any patient- ask questions! They are there to explain it all.
We began with just clomid and timed intercourse. Then since my insurance covered some medication we did 2 rounds of injectables with timed intercourse. The third round we turned into an IUI. We are now beginning our round of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
There are 4 doctors and you may see some of them as you go through treatment; but that is a good thing. I feel like you get the benefit of different opinions.
No concerns
2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Couchman is easy to talk to, right away my husband and I knew that she is prefect doctor to help us on our fertility journey. We felt comfortable and we could trust her recommendations on our treatment plan. She's compassionate, empathetic and has great bedside manners. When our first treatment failed. She took the time to call us with the bad news. Every appointment we had with Dr. Couchman, we never felted rush. With our next treatment plan she explain our adjust protocol and always made sure we didn't have any concerns.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
She's great and an expert in her field. Have an open mind to recommendations and options.
Dr.Couchman took the time to listen and sit down with my husband, to go over our treatment plan. She made sure that all our questions were answered and that if we had any concerns we could just contact her.
Medications, testing, medications about $6,000
Raleigh

Dr. Couchman always delivered her services in a professional manner. She was honest and caring during the treatment. I strongly recommend her together with all her staff. They always made me feel welcome.... My plan for IVF was retrieval of sperm from my husband, eggs from me and transfer. Everything went smoothly just as planned.
[Carolina Conceptions has] Great hours....7:30 am - 4:00 pm. I used to be the first patient. Had enough time to get to work by 8:30 am. The staff is friendly and helpful.... IVF cycle teacher discount for June & July $10,000 Medication - $ 6800 My husband sperm retrieval - $8000.... My plan for IVF was retrieval of sperm from my husband, eggs from me and transfer. Everything went smoothly just as planned.
Do never give up !
Dr. Couchman always delivered her services in a professional manner. She was honest about the treatment and chances of success. I strongly recommend Dr. Couchman to anyone in need of fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nursing staff was kind and supportive.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
She recommended the transfer of 2 embryos.
Raleigh
Dr. Couchman was kind yet very direct and informative during our first visit. It was nice to hear a straightforward "plan" but it was delivered in a very caring and understanding way. She listened to our many questions and was always respectful and honest.... In an often emotional and uncomfortable situation, it was nice to feel at ease and to be helped by such friendly and understanding people.
Everyone that we encountered from the nursing staff [at Carolina Conceptions] was friendly and helpful!... Aside from everything else that I have already noted, the front desk staff was THE BEST! They shaped the whole experience in my opinion!... The staff and doctors were all very kind and treated my husband and I very professionally and respectfully. In an often emotional and uncomfortable situation, it was nice to feel at ease and to be helped by such friendly and understanding people.
Ask questions!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Everyone that we encountered from the nursing staff was friendly and helpful!
Roughly $1000 per iui cycle I believe
Did not apply to us
Raleigh
[Dr. Couchman is...] Lovely, honest, and caring. We never waited long for our appointment. If news was bad, such as our first failed IVF, she called me directly to explain things. She gave me her own email and always answered even my smallest questions...So kind and caring. Was always called directly and everyone knew me by name in the office...
Quick wait each time [at Carolina Conceptions]. In and out with u/s and bloodwork within a half hour even if I was early for my appt...Caring, but still happy. Knowledgeable and up-to-date information and treatment. We went with the most drastic treatment and it worked. Price is high, but you get what you pay for and we would gladly pay it again...
Do PGS
Ivf w/ icsi, pgs on day 5 embryos and fet for recurrent pregnancy loss. One failed cycle, current cycle heard the heartbeat of our baby for the first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Carolina Conceptions. (Assigned nurse: Michele)
Upbeat and informative
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Caring, but still happy. Knowledgable and up-to-date information and treatment. We went with the most drastic treatment and it worked. Price is high, but you get what you pay for and we would gladly pay it again.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Carolina Conceptions.
Quick wait each time. In and out with u/s and bloodwork within a half hour even if I was early for my appt

2015, Unsuccessful
She [Dr Couchman] is less interested in the details of your infertility and wants to treat everyone basically the same...Really uncommon and rare things were happening to me and she didn't ever want to talk about possible explanations.
I wish they [the staff at Carolina Conceptions] would have given me more information on my number of follicles and sizes during monitoring appointments. I've heard that some clinics give you a print-out of this. Also, during one IVF cycle, I got conflicting information about when I would take the trigger shot.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
She is less interested in the details of your infertility and wants to treat everyone basically the same.
She was less interested in why I was experiencing infertility, saying that regardless of what is going on with me, the treatment will always be the same. But from my perspective the details of the treatment (type of supplements/meds and dosage) should be different depending on the cause of infertility, etc. Really uncommon and rare things were happening to me and she didn't ever want to talk about possible explanations.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Carolina Conceptions.
I wish they would have given me more information on my number of follicles and sizes during monitoring appointments. I've heard that some clinics give you a print-out of this. Also, during one IVF cycle, I got conflicting information about when I would take the trigger shot.
LGBTQ+
She [Dr. Grace Couchman] is nice and told us what she expects. Once you leave you can't talk to her, and she doesn't answer her emails. She seems to push higher end treatments and I don't feel she does enough testing or listening to me as a patient... Front staff [at Carolina Conceptions] is awesome. They seem to have it together better than the back staff. Better personalities and get you the help you need. They can juggle a lot and you still feel like a person.
Front staff [at Carolina Conceptions] is awesome. They seem to have it together better than the back staff. Better personalities and get you the help you need. They can juggle a lot and you still feel like a person. I would call the appt line vs. The nurse line if I had a question... She [Dr. Grace Couchman] is nice and told us what she expects. Once you leave you can't talk to her, and she doesn't answer her emails. She seems to push higher end treatments and I don't feel she does enough testing or listening to me as a patient.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
She is nice and told us what she expects. Once you leave you can't talk to her, and she doesn't answer her emails. She seems to push higher end treatments and I don't feel she does enough testing or listening to me as a patient.
Get all your questions answered when you meet with her.
Doesn't return emails
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Some were strait up rude. One told me my cycle would fail because my eggs were to big.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Front staff is awesome. They seem to have it together better than the back staff. Better personalities and get you the help you need. They can juggle a lot and you still feel like a person. I would call the appt line vs. The nurse line if I had a question
800 iui cycle without meds
Raleigh
Dr couchman tried to help me get pregnant by changing my diet, lifestyle and a little help from clomid. She gave me the motivation to change so I could make my dream of becoming a mother a reality. Thank you!...She was very honest and motivational. A good mix of reality and compassion...Little interaction [with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions]. I saw a phlebotomist and she didn't even speak to me. Dr couchman is great and the front desk was friendly but I was not impressed with the rest of the staff...Dr couchman tried to help me get pregnant by changing my diet, lifestyle and a little help from clomid. She gave me the motivation to change so I could make my dream of becoming a mother a reality. Thank you!...She was very honest and motivational. A good mix of reality and compassion
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Be open minded and don't expect a magic fix
She was very honest and motivational. A good mix of reality and compassion
Weight loss, exercise and 3 rounds of clomid. The 3rd round resulted in pregnancy
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Little interaction. I saw a phlebotomist and she didn't even speak to me. Dr couchman is great and the front desk was friendly but I was not impressed with the rest of the staff
Just the cost of the clomid rx
2014, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Couchman] took time to explain things and made sure My husband and I understood things.... She is very compassionate and caring. She makes sure you understand things and that your partner understands things as well. She makes herself available to answer any questions that come up. She takes her time and does not rush and you feel at ease with her.... She recommended IVF almost $15,000.... Everyone was caring and friendly.
Clinic [Carolina Conceptions] is busy but not long wait times. Clinic is very prompt about calling to setup appointment once they receive the referral from your doctor. They make sure to answer any questions that you may have and they do not rush you out of the way when you are asking questions.... Everyone was caring and friendly.... She [Dr. Couchman] took time to explain things and made sure My husband and I understood things.
Never give up hope.
She took time to explain things and made sure My husband and I understood things.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
Everyone was caring and friendly.
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Clinic is busy but not long wait times. Clinic is very prompt about calling to setup appointment once they receive the referral from your doctor. They make sure to answer any questions that you may have and they do not rush you out of the way when you are asking questions.
She recommended IVF almost $15,000.

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
LGBTQ+
Her [Dr. Grace Couchman] energy is positive, her knowledge is endless and her ability to show compassion while delivering bad news (that she's already delivered to thousandsof people before) are some of her strengths...She's smart, kind, easy to talk to and compassionate. Her care is excellent.
The front desk coordinator [at Carolina Conceptions] is a genuine and loving person. She will brighten your darkest days...We did 1 IUI with Dr. Couchman for a total of about $3500...Kind, smart, personable...Dr. Couchman is great. She's smart, kind, easy to talk to and compassionate. Her care is excellent.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
Dr. Couchman is a good doctor. Her energy is positive, her knowledge is endless and her ability to show compassion while delivering bad news (that she's already delivered to thousandsof people before) are some of her strengths.
Ask questions and take notes.
Kind, smart, personable
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
The front desk coordinator is a genuine and loving person. She will brighten your darkest days.
We did 1 IUI with Dr. Couchman for a total of about $3500

2019, Consult
The nurses I saw [at Carolina Conceptions] were wonderful. I was nervous but they helped me to calm down and were so compassionate!...Roughly $15,000 for IVF cycle, not including medications...Carolina Conceptions does not perform multiple embryo transfer on patients under 38...they were also wonderful in person when we went for our consult. We are looking forward to working with them...She [Dr. Grace Couchman] is very realistic and doesn’t sugar coat the truth to say what you want to hear - but I wouldn’t want it any different...She mentioned that Carolina Conceptions does not perform multiple embryo transfer on patients under 38... tended to formulate her suggestions based on numbers and stats, but understood that we have to make the decision that is right for us. She was very compassionate and interested in our personal story and situation...We were very impressed with Dr. Couchman. We definitely felt that we were her #1 priority while we were in her office.
How was your experience with Grace Couchman (retired) at Carolina Conceptions?
We have only gone for our consultation so far, but it went very well and we will likely complete our first IVF cycle with Carolina Conceptions. We were very impressed with Dr. Couchman. We definitely felt that we were her #1 priority while we were in her office.
She is very realistic and doesn’t sugar coat the truth to say what you want to hear - but I wouldn’t want it any different.
I felt that Dr. Couchman was very realistic with us and tended to formulate her suggestions based on numbers and stats, but understood that we have to make the decision that is right for us. She was very compassionate and interested in our personal story and situation.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Carolina Conceptions.
The nurses I saw were wonderful. I was nervous but they helped me to calm down and were so compassionate!
Describe your experience with Carolina Conceptions.
Carolina Conceptions by far had the best results statistics based on our online research - they were also wonderful in person when we went for our consult. We are looking forward to working with them.
Roughly $15,000 for IVF cycle, not including medications.