5.8

Heather Cook works in 1 office at

Myrtle Beach
1115 48th Avenue North, Suite 122
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

She [Dr. Cook] was a little overly direct and came across as negative and uncaring to my husband and I. I appreciated her straightforward approach, but given the emotion involved...felt she could show a little better bed side manner especially during the consult. My later interactions with her ( though few), did get better, but her protocol for each treatment was never explained to me...they just upped my dose.
she was ready to give a protocol with out even looking at my results....that made me question how they [Coastal Fertility Specialists] decide to move forward each treatment cycle...seemed it was just what they do with everyone...no personalization ... weaknesses...not many financial options for uninsured... some interactions over all would be cold ( interactions inconsistent) and an overall feeling of pretentiousness with the location, decor...etc...would rather be simple down to earth to make me feel like they are not overcharging for profit but actually trying to help fulfill dreams. ...
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
She was a little overly direct and came across as negative and uncaring to my husband and I. I appreciated her straightforward approach, but given the emotion involved...felt she could show a little better bed side manner especially during the consult. My later interactions with her ( though few), did get better, but her protocol for each treatment was never explained to me...they just upped my dose.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Show more warmth during the consult. Be straightforward but give hope and offer options, even if you don't think it'll work. Explain each protocol for each treatment personally to give the opportunity for the client to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Felt everything was black and white...very routine in the approach each time I went in....a few times caught mistakes made by staff...never given an apology nor did they try to comfort us, make up for it, make it right, etc. it was an approach of ..." that's just how it is". Financial consultant was not very warm and was very negative...wasn't given many options over all....felt we needed to stay with the protocol they use for every patient...never seemed personlized to my condition or past cycles or issues...
Describe the protocols Heather Cook used in your cycles at Coastal Fertility Specialists and their degree of success.
Basically gonal f injections for each IUI procedure. Upped dose each time...my eggs ended up developing to quick...I always seemed to over respond ( maybe due to DOR) and once ovulated too early and missed that one...was very frustrating. Also had a saline sonogram by another dr. who said I was clear and and went ahead with first IUI only to find out I wasn't ( had polyps), so we just waisted a lot of money on treatments and protocols that were unclear and not explained...
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Mary I think? Don't think she's there anymore? She made a few mistakes and wasn't very energetic towards making me feel confident, motivated, excited, etc....very lackluster and she didn't seem to enjoy what she did.
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Strengths are communication and speedy appointments...always in and out. Some people I interacted with where extremely helpful...energetic and nice...weaknesses...not many financial options for uninsured... some interactions over all would be cold ( interactions inconsistent) and an overall feeling of pretentiousness with the location, decor...etc...would rather be simple down to earth to make me feel like they are not overcharging for profit but actually trying to help fulfill dreams.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
3 medicated cycles and a surgery for polyp removal equaled about 7k
Describe Heather Cook's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
No experience with this....couldn't afford to go on to do IVF yet
What specific things went wrong at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Misunderstandings with protocol...timing...blood work, etc. had to remind her once to do my blood work to know what protocol to use...she was ready to give a protocol with out even looking at my results....that made me question how they decide to move forward each treatment cycle...seemed it was just what they do with everyone...no personalization

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr cook is so sweet and caring. We fully trust her and know that she is doing what’s best for us. We live in a different state now but we still come back to her for all of our fertility needs. She is easy to talk to and great at explaining everything. ... Dr cook was only okay with us transfering one embryo, I’m very young and our fertility issue was male factor. So transfering multiple embryos heightened my chances of having multiples, and our goal is to have one healthy baby.
Honestly we love our clinic [Coastal Fertility Specialists], we refuse to transfer even though we’ve moved out of state. They’re very professional and caring. They’re great and answering questions. ... The nursing staff at coastal is amazing, we’ve been to other fertility clinics and have never been treated so well! Nurse Allison has always taken care of us and answered our questions. No matter how many times we forgot or had to ask she was always so sweet and happy to help.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Honestly Dr cook is great and we trust her, I’d say just got with what she is recommending.
Dr cook is so caring and so friendly. She really cares about her patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Allison Ribero )
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
Honestly we love our clinic, we refuse to transfer even though we’ve moved out of state. They’re very professional and caring. They’re great and answering questions. I really can’t cone up with anything I’d want to change. They’re truly the best fertility center.
If I remember correctly our IVF was around $23,000 and embryo transfers have been $2,400-$2,700

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr Cook was amazing. She answered all of our questions and made sure we were comfortable with treatment options and plan. She was responsive and extremely empathic towards our situation. She went through our emotions with us. ... We did a few rounds of oral meds with no progress. Then tried injections and IUI with 1 follicle growth each time. Then moved forward to ivf
They [Coastal Fertility Specialists] have billable charges that are not clearly discussed. Although we have insurance cover 100% we still paid thousands for their non billables. It was always a hidden fee that we would get stuck with at the end of the process and when asked about it was told to go somewhere else and see if I have success there because coastal's success rate was so high they said that they can charge this.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Just be open to how you're feeling and ask her to clarify things if you have questions because she will take the time
Dr Cook was amazing. Always took extra time to explain everything and make sure my.husband and I were comfortable. She was very approachable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Becky Welch )
Becky calmed down all of our anxieties. Anytime I was overwhelmed I waited for her call knowing she would take away fear and doubt and replace it with a plan and positivity
Describe your experience with Coastal Fertility Specialists.
They have billable charges that are not clearly discussed. Although we have insurance cover 100% we still paid thousands for their non billables. It was always a hidden fee that we would get stuck with at the end of the process and when asked about it was told to go somewhere else and see if I have success there because coastal's success rate was so high they said that they can charge this.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Coastal Fertility Specialists.
It was so easy. First come first serve and it opened at 7am so I could go before work and be in and out with ultrasound and labs in 25 minutes
18-20k
We were only allowed to transfer 1
What specific things went wrong at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Mount Pleasant

Dr. Cook has the best bedside manner of any physician I have ever been treated under. She clearly explains everything and ensures you understand, while building a great rapport. ... Dr. Cook is a compassionate physician who clearly loves what she does and is very knowledgeable. She makes you feel comfortable and ensures you understand all aspects of treatment with a clear understanding of your goals and realistic expectations.
The Coastal Fertility clinic in Mt. Pleasant is very organized clinic, has short wait times for visits, is easy to access, and is overall a comfortable environment. All the staff you come in contact with are welcoming and make you feel comfortable with what procedures you are having that day while explaining everything. ... [nurse] Compassionate and showed that she really cared and worked toward the goals and outcomes you wanted to reach.
How was your experience with Heather Cook at Coastal Fertility Specialists?
Definitely choose Dr. Cook for your future fertility treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Coastal Fertility Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Becky Welch)