6.3

Los Angeles, CA 90067
500 Broadway
Santa Monica, CA 90401

2023, Successful
Dr. Mehr was always available and answered all of my questions. She was caring and concerned.... She knew my charts, she knew my background and took all of it in consideration with making a plan and giving me the best care possible...When I got my positive pregnancy test she was supposed to call me at 2pm but called me 2 hours early because she was excited and couldn't wait. That's the kind of investment I needed during this process, especially because I was doing it on my own
The strengths [of Kindbody] is that it's such a well oiled machine - everything is organized and put together. It made it easy to book appointments and find out what was needed. I loved the online portal. The only weakness is that there is never a direct line to you specific clinic. You always have to call at 1-800 number to talk to someone on the phone. With that said, if you emailed, they would get back to you quickly
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
I had a terrible experience with a different fertility doctor before Dr. Mehr. I was skeptical and had very low expectations. Dr. Mehr really did restore my faith in this process and my health. I always felt heard and I truly felt like she had my best interest at heart. When I got my positive pregnancy test she was supposed to call me at 2pm but called me 2 hours early because she was excited and couldn't wait. That's the kind of investment I needed during this process, especially because I was doing it on my own. She was in my corner and I will be forever grateful to her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Don't be afraid to ask all the questions and be a bit vulnerable. Even if you think they are wild questions. Dr. Mehr will always approach them with respect and an active ear. She'll listen to you and/or your concerns and help you move through them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Dr. Mehr was always available and answered all of my questions. She was caring and concerned. It was the first time in many years that I felt heard by a doctor and validated in my feelings. She knew my charts, she knew my background and took all of it in consideration with making a plan and giving me the best care possible.
Describe the protocols Holly Mehr used in your cycles at Kindbody - Los Angeles and their degree of success.
During my cycle we utilized clomid to get my eggs started. After the first few appointments we discovered that my follicles needed a bit of a bump because they were not growing at the rate that we wanted. We added Menopur to the cycle to get everything on track. When the follicles were at the right size I used an ovidrel shot to ovulate one day prior to IUI. During the second round Dr. Mehr she increased my Menopur and we proceeded similarly. My second IUI was a success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody - Los Angeles. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
The nursing staff was incredibly lovely! Specifically Michelle, always answered my questions in a timely manner, emailed me all the appropriate answers and were super on top of getting my appointments sorted. It's already an emotional and stressful time and not having to worry about the details and knowing that someone will take care it was a huge relief. Also, all the women that would draw my blood put a smile on my face. They were kind, remembered me and were thoughtful. I hate getting my blood drawn but they made it a bit easier. I LOVED those ladies. I also wanted to shout out to Natasha who did so many of my ultrasounds and made me feel comfortable every time. Natasha always made me smile.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
The strengths is that it's such a well oiled machine - everything is organized and put together. It made it easy to book appointments and find out what was needed. I loved the online portal. The only weakness is that there is never a direct line to you specific clinic. You always have to call at 1-800 number to talk to someone on the phone. With that said, if you emailed, they would get back to you quickly. It was just hard if you were running late to an appointment or something like that.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Thankfully a lot of what I did was covered by insurance. Anything that was not I could see on the invoice section of my portal.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
I have a lot of questions and I felt that Dr. Mehr was always willing to answer them in great detail to my comfort level. She was never annoyed with the questions I asked... She's thorough and explains her thought process and is willing to talk to you about the science and medical studies that are relevant. Even though we didn't end up with the result we wanted, I still appreciated having her as our doctor through the process.
[Kindbody Los Angeles] Strengths: - doesn't feel like a clinic, it's more welcoming because it's at the mall (which can also be weird but I choose to see this as a positive) - Everything is online and easily accessible - Nurses are kind - Dr. Mehr was excellent and thorough Weakness: - They often schedule without consulting the patients...the nurses were compassionate and caring.
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Dr. Mehr is pretty blunt. I can see that being off-putting to some people but I personally appreciated it. It made understanding things a lot clearer. She's thorough and explains her thought process and is willing to talk to you about the science and medical studies that are relevant. Even though we didn't end up with the result we wanted, I still appreciated having her as our doctor through the process.
Write your list of questions in advance and be ready to ask them to Dr. Mehr because I believe she'll be able to answer them.
I had been on Letrozole with another doctor but my progesterone was testing high, so Dr. Mehr suggested I switch to a lower dose of Clomid instead. She was worried about overstimulation. I started on Cycle Day 2 and went back again on Cycle Day 9 to check where I was at. I triggered ovulation that night with the shot and 2 days later went in for my IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Whenever I was on-site, the nurses were compassionate and caring. I did have 2 points of feedback. - It was around the holidays and we were having trouble scheduling my pregnancy test. Instead of calling me to discuss when the appointment would be moved, they just kept moving the appointment without consulting me. That certainly made me uneasy especially because I also had to make plans and they weren't consulting me for that. - My pregnancy blood test was painful. The nurse kept poking my arm to try to find my vein and I finally had to tell her to stop.
$1700 for IUI
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
I guess I have had some weird instances. - There's been a few times where they didn't call in my prescription - There was one instance where they didn't send my labwork order to Quest like we had discussed. - The very first time they lost my blood sample and I had to go back and retest - There was one time that they weren't able to show me my results in the portal.

2023 - 2024, Successful
[Dr. Holly Mehr] demonstrated patience with my steep learning curve, taking the time to explain complicated concepts and my options...paid attention to my individual reactions to the medications...gave me exactly what I needed providing hopeful optimism without giving me unrealistic expectations for success
[Kindbody - Los Angeles] are always available to answer questions and just overall kind during a time that can be difficult. I felt supported at every step in the process...was kind, professional, compassionate and just overall incredible
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Coming completely out of left field, at twenty-nine I found out I have a genetic problem that might affect my own fertility as well as the health of my future children. Feeling apprehensive, my fiancé and I began creating embryos under the supervision of Dr. Mehr. Emotionally she gave me exactly what I needed providing hopeful optimism without giving me unrealistic expectations for success. She demonstrated patience with my steep learning curve, taking the time to explain complicated concepts and my options. Also, she paid attention to my individual reactions to the medications. This meant that even though I enjoyed more success in the first round than anticipated, Dr. Mehr adjusted her protocol for the second round and doubled the number of blastocytes that successfully grew to day 5! I cannot recommend her enough.
I’d leave the advising yo Dr. Mehr
Coming completely out of left field, at twenty-nine I found out I have a genetic problem that might affect my own fertility as well as the health of my future children. Emotionally she gave me exactly what I needed providing hopeful optimism without giving me unrealistic expectations for success. She demonstrated patience with my steep learning curve, taking the time to explain complicated concepts and my options. Also, she paid attention to my individual reactions to the medications. This meant that even though I enjoyed more success in the first round than anticipated, Dr. Mehr adjusted her protocol for the second round and doubled the number of blastocytes that successfully grew to day 5! I cannot recommend her enough.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody - Los Angeles. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Everyone at Kindbody was kind, professional, compassionate and just overall incredible. 10/10 would recommend going to them.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
They are always available to answer questions and just overall kind during a time that can be difficult. I felt supported at every step in the process. I have recommended them to all my closest friends as I loved the experience they provided.

2021 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Mehr was very honest with us about what the course of treatment would look like...help us explore how best to address an autosomal dominant genetic disorder that I am a carrier for...was an expert but also a kind human being...always seemed prepared and knowledgable...listened to me and responded in a genuine and concerned manner
Kindbody [ - Los Angeles] gives great care across the board....communication can be a big challenge since they are such a huge organization...staff is wonderful...sometimes getting something done that included team members outside of that could be a huge challenge...Michelle was great at keeping things on track and communicating with me
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Dr. Mehr was very honest with us about what the course of treatment would look like. She worked from the moment that we came to the clinic to help us explore how best to address an autosomal dominant genetic disorder that I am a carrier for. Dr. Mehr remained optimistic about the possibilities of having our own biological child. However, when we completed PGT-M testing and found that all of our embryos were affected by the disorder, Dr. Mehr was empathetic and tried to offer the best guidance about how to move forward if that was what we wanted. She was an expert but also a kind human being. I felt like I could not have asked for more from her.
Thoroughly explore all of your options before you dismiss something as a possibility you don't need to think about. Dr. Mehr is great about exploring these things but I often didn't want to explore things I thought wouldn't be relevant. Dr. Mehr still educated me about them, but later I wish I had engaged more with exploring all options.
Dr. Mehr always seemed prepared and knowledgable about what was happening with my treatment. She also listened to me and responded in a genuine and concerned manner. Dr. Mehr was encouraging and truthful even when things were very hard.
During one of my cycles, it seemed I may have ovulated prior to egg retrieval. For every following cycle, Dr. Mehr made sure that we used an antagonist to help me not ovulate. Given my age, I don't believe there was anything else medically indicated that Dr. Mehr could have suggested. I felt we received good results from the treatment she offered.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody - Los Angeles. (Assigned nurse: Michelle and Sally)
99% of the time all staff and nursing team were amazing. Sometimes, there is someone who rubs you the wrong way. But, even when that happened, the team was professional and competent. Michelle was great at keeping things on track and communicating with me. Sally was great when we started changing gears and I had a million questions. The whole nursing and phlebotomist teams were amazing when I had challenges with blood draws.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Kindbody gives great care across the board. However, the communication can be a big challenge since they are such a huge organization. I love the offices that I went to and their staff is wonderful. But sometimes getting something done that included team members outside of that could be a huge challenge.
I had an insurance benefit so I only paid $2000-$3000 for PGT-A testing and then $5000 for PGT-M testing through an outside lab.
Describe Holly Mehr's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
We did not do any embryo transfers while I was under Dr. Mehr's care.

2023, Successful
Dr. Mehr is an empathetic physician who takes the time to clearly explain everything in detail. Any questions I had were promptly answered, she was willing to listen and adjust treatment to my needs. I had quite a bit of anxiety because of prior chemical pregnancies. She allowed me to come into more scans to ease my anxiety and answered any questions I had in regards to treatment...did an excellent job of thoroughly explaining any questions I had and did so in a manner that was easily digestible and realistic.
For the most part, I would recommend Kindbody to any of my friends, family, or acquaintances. Their system is efficient and I had no issues trying to get ahold of scheduling, nurses, and my doctor. My biggest issue was with some faulty lab work...Everything else about Kindbody was great, the scheduling was super easy, and the nursing team, the ultrasound technicians, and the Doctors were all great. Not to mention the office is beautiful and chic. There were many times when I was in the waiting room when random people came into the clinic thinking it was a spa because the interiors were so beautiful.
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Mehr is generous with her time and will clearly explain everything to you.
Dr. Mehr did an excellent job of thoroughly explaining any questions I had and did so in a manner that was easily digestible and realistic.
2 Egg Retrievals, Modified Natural Transfer
Overall Michelle was nice and did her job sufficiently. She had a bad attitude when I was trying to get ahold of her to determine when to take my medications ( a time-sensitive issue) and scolded me saying she doesn't work every day of the week. However in my experience with using the portal to get ahold of her, if she was out of office a different nurse would respond in her thread. She was offended when three days later I was trying to get ahold of a different nurse because she didn't respond. I have nothing but amazing things to say about all the other nurses in the office! They were extraordinarily kind and made each in-office visit a pleasure.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
For the most part, I would recommend Kindbody to any of my friends, family, or acquaintances. Their system is efficient and I had no issues trying to get ahold of scheduling, nurses, and my doctor. My biggest issue was with some faulty lab work. For some reason, my labwork showed a faulty blood clotting issue (antiphospholipid), after repeat blood tests and being sent down a rabbit hole to a hematologist it was found that I didn't have any blood clotting disorders and that it was faulty labwork. Dr. Mehr was great and raised this issue with the appropriate factions at Kindbody to make sure this doesn't happen with another patient. (Apparently, I wasn't the only patient who had their Antiphosolipid panel flagged incorrectly) In all, this put my transfer schedule 2 months behind. Luckily I have great insurance because the extensive blood work panel I had to do because of the lab error was in the thousands and had to be done with a specialist. Everything else about Kindbody was great, the scheduling was super easy, and the nursing team, the ultrasound technicians, and the Doctors were all great. Not to mention the office is beautiful and chic. There were many times when I was in the waiting room when random people came into the clinic thinking it was a spa because the interiors were so beautiful.
Covered by insurance
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
I had one appointment that somehow disappeared, However, when I noticed and called, Kindbody was great and scheduled me for my original appointment time.

2022 - 2023, Successful
I was with Dr. Mehr for a year while going through the fertility process. She was always very open and thorough in explaining each step of treatment and each medication and how it worked. This gave me a lot of confidence and took a lot of the anxiety out of the process. She was also extremely supportive of my particular circumstance and made me feel really well cared for...I came to her in 2022 as I was approaching 40 to pursue the single mom by choice path. She was extremely supportive of my journey and made me feel comfortable from the outset.
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
I really loved my time as Dr. Mehr's patient. I came to her in 2022 as I was approaching 40 to pursue the single mom by choice path. She was extremely supportive of my journey and made me feel comfortable from the outset. We were all surprised when my first IUI resulted in a pregnancy and when that pregnancy miscarried she was so kind and stayed and chatted with me for a while after the confirming ultrasound. She is very good about talking through each procedure, expectations and possible results. I always felt well informed throughout each step of my journey. She also spent a good amount of time with me during visits talking about next steps and what to expect. I never felt like our appointments were rushed or like she was too busy to answer questions. She is also great about infusing you with confidence because I would often go to appointments with a lot of built up anxiety and leave feeling so much relief.
Write out all of your questions and don't feel shy about asking them.
For my first IUI, after discussing it we went with a natural cycle because I wasn't presenting with infertility. This IUI produced a pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. My second IUI we did a course of Clomid to up the chances of multiple eggs and increase the chance of a successful pregnancy. While I did release 2 eggs during this cycle this IUI resulted in a negative pregnancy test. My final attempt was a round of IVF. I made the decision to move to IVF after consulting with Dr. Mehr because it was covered under my insurance. I believe we followed a standard IVF protocol, which resulted in 11 retrieved eggs, 5 embryos and 1 genetically healthy embryo (which I understood to be average for my age range).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
The nursing staff (and ultrasound techs) are all really lovely. Anytime I interacted with anyone in person at the clinic they were wonderful. The way that Kindbody works is you get a dedicated nurse coordinator that helps you at the front end of any procedures (this includes medication ordering, coordinating signatures on documents and initial care visits). Then once you are going to the clinic for appointments the in-house nurses take over care including communication, appointment management and medication dosing). Kindbody mostly communicates via email through their portal. Sometimes that can be frustrating because you aren't always talking to the same person and it can create confusion and delays in response so you have to practice patience in that respect.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Kindbody's strength is definitely in it's staff. From the doctors all the way down to the medical receptionists, everyone is lovely to interact with. I think the aesthetic of the clinics are also really great - they are very warm and inviting and take away that sterile doctors office vibe which can ease anxiety. I also think the accessibility of the portal is nice - being able to easily send messages and track your journey is very convenient. I think the main weakness at this clinic is overall communication. Because you cannot call the clinics directly, when you need to talk someone you are put into a phone bank where at least 50% of the time you cannot get a human to answer. You are forced leave a message and in my experience you do not always get a callback. I also had some struggles in reaching the billing department over my time there and getting answers from the benefits team is an extremely long process.
I was very fortunate that my procedures were all covered under my insurance. As a result, I paid only co-pays for all of my visits for IUIs and for my IVF treatment I paid a total of around $2000 (including medication costs) for the entire process, not including PGT testing which cost around $4000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
During my IUI in November 2022 my normal nurse coordinator was out of office and the substitute forgot to order the trigger shot from my pharmacy. As a result I had to get a trigger shot from the clinic because there wasn't enough time for the prior authorization to be done and the medication to be shipped before I was ready to trigger.

2023 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Mehr...helped me with a tube removal, and encouraged (but didn't pressure) me to start IVF...is patient, kind, and extremely knowledgeable...is always referencing new studies...she took notes, took her time to talk with me, repeated my concerns, and followed up after the appointment with care.
have only strengths for Kindbody [Los Angeles]...incredibly responsive, their online platform is inclusive and easy to navigate, and their locations are always so clean...impressed with their facilities and the technology they use...incredibly modern...every blood draw, ultrasound, or informational meeting, everyone was so welcoming, gentle, and professional
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
I am thoroughly impressed and thankful for Dr. Mehr. She helped me with a tube removal, and encouraged (but didn't pressure) me to start IVF. After 4 years of infertility, it is exciting to have a little one on the way with the help of Dr. Mehr. She is patient, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. She is always referencing new studies to keep information at top of mind when pursuing the best treatment. I would recommend Dr. Mehr to anyone and everyone.
Trust her knowledge, don't trust Google.
Previously to Dr. Mehr, I had experienced fertility doctors who would forget my name, wouldn't properly listen to my concerns, or outright dismiss my concerns saying "You're young, just drink KoolAid and you'll be pregnant in a year" after 3 years of infertility. The first appointment with Dr. Mehr, I was in awe of show she took notes, took her time to talk with me, repeated my concerns, and followed up after the appointment with care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody - Los Angeles. (Assigned nurse: Natasha)
EVERYONE at Kindbody is truly kind. For every blood draw, ultrasound, or informational meeting, everyone was so welcoming, gentle, and professional. They remembered me every time and made me feel part of the Kindbody family.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
I have only strengths for Kindbody. They are incredibly responsive, their online platform is inclusive and easy to navigate, and their locations are always so clean. As an IVF patient, I was so impressed with their facilities and the technology they use. It's incredibly modern.
Fully covered by insurance.

2023, Successful
Dr. Mehr is an outstanding provider with excellent bedside manner. When you are in the room with her, you are her sole focus...Simply put, she is a breath of fresh air in the medical field...Her patience, empathy, undivided attention and willingness to sit and answer EVERY question we had helped us keep calm during the storm. It was the first time I walked away from a loss with clarity and a full understanding of what might be happening. She takes her time, answers your questions, gives you her absolute undivided attention and is great at her job. She's a blessing!
Very clean, modern clinic [Kindbody-Los Angeles]. I believe one of their strengths is the ability to fit you in at other locations if needed. Quick turn around time on messages/call backs. As a new patient I will advise to be open to travel to other locations which can allow you to be seen sooner...Dr. Mehr is an outstanding provider with excellent bedside manner. When you are in the room with her, you are her sole focus.
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
My husband and I went to Dr. Mehr for our workup after experiencing recurrent pregnancy losses. Simply put, she is a breath of fresh air in the medical field. While under her care, we unfortunately experienced another loss. I can vividly recall that day in her office. Her patience, empathy, undivided attention and willingness to sit and answer EVERY question we had helped us keep calm during the storm. It was the first time I walked away from a loss with clarity and a full understanding of what might be happening. She takes her time, answers your questions, gives you her absolute undivided attention and is great at her job. She's a blessing!
If you have questions, don't be afraid to ask them.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Friendly, on time, quick on returning calls/messages.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Los Angeles.
Very clean, modern clinic. I believe one of their strengths is the ability to fit you in at other locations if needed. Quick turn around time on messages/call backs. As a new patient I will advise to be open to travel to other locations which can allow you to be seen sooner.
Fortunately our care was covered by my husband's health insurance. We paid our copays etc.

2023 - 2024, Successful
Dr Mehr for more than a year...undertook sperm analysis, two IUIs, and two rounds of IVF, the second of which resulted in a pregnancy...was on our side completely, offering excellent advice...without ever pressuring us about what steps to take next...proactive about changing things up and pushing for better results
Kindbody's Santa Monica clinic was welcoming, well organized and made what can be a challenging and uncomfortable process feel much more approachable. Everyone who works there is kind and friendly, and small things like the front desk staff remembering your name made a difference.
How was your experience with Holly Mehr at Kindbody - Los Angeles?
My partner and I worked with Dr Mehr for more than a year. During that time we undertook sperm analysis, two IUIs, and two rounds of IVF, the second of which resulted in a pregnancy. Throughout this experience it felt like Dr Mehr was on our side completely, offering excellent advice gleaned from her vast knowledge of the fertility world, but without ever pressuring us about what steps to take next. She provided reassurance and emotional support when the road got tough, particularly after a chemical pregnancy during our first round of IVF, and always reminded us there was a path forward and reasons to be hopeful. She was proactive about changing things up and pushing for better results, and I know we wouldn’t be where we are today without her brilliance. I would absolutely recommend trusting her with your care.
Ask her to explain all your options - even the ones you aren't considering yet. We came into this process unsure if we were going to do IVF; Dr Mehr explained everything in such a clear and accessible way early on that it made the choice to do IVF feel much less daunting when we got there.
From the outset of working with Dr Mehr, it felt that she was genuinely on our team and would do whatever it took to help us achieve our goal of pregnancy. She is a fantastic listener and teacher who gives you her full attention and makes sure you understand what a process will involve before you get start.