4.5

Harrison
440 Mamaroneck Ave
Harrison, NY 10528

2023, Successful
Dr. Ressler was honest, transparent and communicative. She wasn't always the doctor I saw for monitoring or even retrievals or transfers, but I always felt like I was under her care, which is impressive...I did one egg retrieval and one embryo transfer that resulted in one active pregnancy (currently 14 weeks). I did Gonal F (450 iu), Low dose HCG (20 iu), Cetrotide and Ganirelix 0.25mg. This resulted in 8 oocytes, 5 embryos, 3 of which were euploid.
I can't say enough good things about Illume Fertility...From the first appointment to the monitoring once I was pregnant I was treated with kindness, dignity and respect by everyone I interacted with. The receptionists, embryologists, doctors, nurses, on-call staff, everyone...My primary nurse and the entire nursing staff were so on top of things. They often reached out before I had questions and answered even the smallest questions for me. The on call nursing staff I spoke with after hours were some of the most compassionate and understanding I have ever interacted with - talking me through different decisions or options and helping me make decisions.
How was your experience with Ilana Ressler at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ilana Ressler at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
From the first appointment to the monitoring once I was pregnant I was treated with kindness, dignity and respect by everyone I interacted with. The receptionists, embryologists, doctors, nurses, on-call staff, everyone. I can't say enough good things about Illume Fertility.
Describe the protocols Ilana Ressler used in your cycles at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
My primary nurse and the entire nursing staff were so on top of things. They often reached out before I had questions and answered even the smallest questions for me. The on call nursing staff I spoke with after hours were some of the most compassionate and understanding I have ever interacted with - talking me through different decisions or options and helping me make decisions. Stephanie was fantastic.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
I didn't have one single negative interaction at the Harrison or Danbury locations. I had to wait only one time to be seen, and that was on a Sunday. It's great that they're open 7 days a week. After my transfer I wrote this in my notes: "Transfer went smoothly! I received acupuncture before and after. Dr. Williams was very gentle, kind and communicative. Everyone I spoke with explained the process clearly, were kind and answered my questions. I felt respected by each and every person I interacted with - from the receptionist to the embryologist." It's comforting to know everything is done on-site.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ilana Ressler at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
The overall costs were less than I expected for the type of care we received.
Harrison

2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Ressler is always empathetic and personable during our appointments. She caters my treatment to my specific and unique situation and fought for me when my insurance wouldn’t cover a second round...I also trust that behind the scenes she is handling my case very well and her and her colleagues are diligently working on my team...Strategy included creating genetic probes for my embryos and starting as soon as possible because of my high risk for diminished ovarian reserve
The biggest strength [of Illume Fertility] is that you have an entire team that helps you navigate everything. I am also absolutely thrilled with the genetic counselor Jamie...Weaknesses include their hours they’re available for non emergency things 7-3p M-F but also an hour and a half closed for lunch which is hard when you work. Also, the nurses sometimes take a while to get back to you which is difficult when you struggle with anxiety related to next steps and results
Although illume has many doctors that I see for my morning monitoring and egg retrievals that rotate, every time I see Dr. Ressler I am more than happy with our interactions. I also trust that behind the scenes she is handling my case very well and her and her colleagues are diligently working on my team.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ilana Ressler at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
You will not always see Dr. Ressler at your appointments because the doctors rotate but I have trusted all of the doctors involved in my care for monitoring, procedures and follow up.
Strategy included creating genetic probes for my embryos and starting as soon as possible because of my high risk for diminished ovarian reserve. We also regulated my cycle with estrace and did a trigger shot to force ovulation before my first cycle because of my breakthrough follice on birth control. She also fought for me to do a second round of ivf after the first genetic embryo results weren’t what we expected, again due to my increased risk of diminished ovarian reserve.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Alexis)
I am satisfied with the nursing care but not overly thrilled about the care I receive via telephone which is a large part of ivf. On the other hand I absolutely love the nurses I have had experiences with for my egg retrievals they were so compassionate and wonderful to me. One of the nurses came in to the second retrieval with me just to hold my hand because I was so nervous.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
The biggest strength is that you have an entire team that helps you navigate everything. I am also absolutely thrilled with the genetic counselor Jamie. He has been one of the best parts of my journey so far. Jamie is wonderful to me and my family when we got my diagnosis and he is so on top of everything. Weaknesses include their hours they’re available for non emergency things 7-3p M-F but also an hour and a half closed for lunch which is hard when you work. Also, the nurses sometimes take a while to get back to you which is difficult when you struggle with anxiety related to next steps and results.
The costs after two retrievals have added up to about $18,000 with insurance coverage. Most costs are related to testing embryos.
Describe Ilana Ressler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
I am not certain why the clinic uses eSET, I was taught about the approach but not the rationale of using that vs. Multiple. My best guess would be the high risk associated with a pregnancy of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
After my second retrieval they didn’t call with fertilization results when they were in, I had to call and ask for the results the next day. I was told it was an error in entering dates in the computer, I received all the other embryo results on time.
Trumbull

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Ressler is very kind and very soft spoken. It always felt like she was trying to be compassionate. I just never felt like a true connection formed. I’m also not sure that the protocols she selected were the right path for us...for the next 3 cycles no changes were made. And I had 3 more unsuccessful cycles...It’s important to find a doctor you trust and connect with. Not all doctors personalities are a match.
The [RMA of Connecticut] clinic presents itself really well. It is well run, everyone is friendly, kind and compassionate. They have so many great resources available and lots of awesome social media content...such a big practice you feel like you're lost in the mix of everyone. Everyone is referring you to someone else and there is no follow up or follow through. So many times I've had to follow up on emails I sent that went unanswered.
RMA is a very large practice. I see multiple doctors, tons of different nurses, and went to three different locations.
When doing IUI's we started with Clomid for the first cycle and my lining wasn't as thick as she wanted it to be, so when that cycle didn't work we switched to Letrozole. After that for the next 3 cycles no changes were made. And I had 3 more unsuccessful cycles. When doing IVF, I had a pretty successful retrieval, starting with 23 eggs. For our first transfer we did the standard protocol. Which was unsuccessful. Before the second transfer we were told I should do an ERA test which showed that my first shot of progesterone should be 12 hour earlier. I also had a procedure to dilate my Cervix due to a curve in my uterus that was difficult to navigate during transfers. With all of this, my cycle was still unsuccessful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Cathie)
Cathie was great as my primary nurse. The problem I had was that, while Cathie was my main point of contact, I saw so many different nurses and also heard from many different nurses in Cathie's absence.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
The clinic presents itself really well. It is well run, everyone is friendly, kind and compassionate. They have so many great resources available and lots of awesome social media content. The issue is that because it's such a big practice you feel like you're lost in the mix of everyone. Everyone is referring you to someone else and there is no follow up or follow through. So many times I've had to follow up on emails I sent that went unanswered. This was not from my nurse, but from the other support staff (patient navigator and financial team)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
Monitoring was fine. Again, just felt like I saw someone different every time
Most was covered by insurance, but some things weren't. Overall we've probably paid close to $10k even though so much was covered.
We were told only 1 embryo would ever be transferred given my age.

2014, Successful
Ilana [Ressler] was very thorough and explained all options. I received a follow up email after every appointment summarizing what was discussed. I felt confident in Dr. Ressler's recommendations, though felt that personality wise, she was not super warm... The one thing that went wrong was that they never prescribed my trigger injection and only realized the day before I was supposed to take it.
When I was there [at New York Fertility Services] I felt that there was a lot of turnover. At one point, a nurse drawing my blood said it was her first time doing so, and after a try or 2 she went to get the PA to draw my blood. I felt that the nurse who explained how to do the injections could have been clearer. Overall, they were nice and compassionate.
How was your experience with Ilana Ressler at New York Fertility Services?
Ilana was very thorough and explained all options. I received a follow up email after every appointment summarizing what was discussed. I felt confident in Dr. Ressler's recommendations, though felt that personality wise, she was not super warm.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ilana Ressler at New York Fertility Services?
Ask all your questions!
Describe the protocols Ilana Ressler used in your cycles at New York Fertility Services and their degree of success.
I had been to a doctor previously who felt that symptoms should be treated, so I was on meds to regulate blood-sugar, even though the levels weren't tested. Ilana Ressler immediately told me to stop the treatment until we determined what the issues were. Once I was tested, she explained that the levels were fine and the meds were unnecessary. Dr ressler prescribed Menopur and then timed intercourse after taking an injection to trigger ovulation. I was monitored daily/every other day while taking Menopur (injections) and she increased amounts based on hormone levels. Thankfully, the cycle was successful and I have a beautiful daughter :)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at New York Fertility Services.
When I was there I felt that there was a lot of turnover. At one point, a nurse drawing my blood said it was her first time doing so, and after a try or 2 she went to get the PA to draw my blood. I felt that the nurse who explained how to do the injections could have been clearer. Overall., they were nice and compassionate.
Describe your experience with New York Fertility Services.
Nice, clean environment with a smiling face greeting you at the desk. Never long wait time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ilana Ressler at New York Fertility Services.
They took insurance, so I was only billed copays.
What specific things went wrong at New York Fertility Services?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at New York Fertility Services.
The one thing that went wrong was that they never prescribed my trigger injection and only realized the day before I was supposed to take it. They were able to work it out with supplies they had at the clinic, but until that worked out was a bit stressful!
New York Fertility Services

Consult
Dr. Ressler was very welcoming...She asked relevant questions but also asked other conversational questions as well. She was thorough in explaining potential causes of infertility and didn't question our belief that IVF was the appropriate course of treatment for us. She respected our comments and was very personable and friendly yet still completely professional...was very clear and concise in explaining next steps for us, including what diagnostic testing we should do as well as explaining the process of the various treatments, IUI, IVF etc.
A full IVF cycle [at RMA of Connecticut] was quoted to us for $15,900, and additional diagnostics testing on top of that...Beautiful lobby, friendly front desk staff, relaxing atmosphere, spacious and well decorated. Everyone we encountered was friendly and welcoming. The clinic, including the bathroom were all clean, well organized and warm...[nurse] was friendly, informative and answered all our many questions about the diagnostics testing and treatment procedures. She wasn't rushed and seemed to care about helping us feel comfortable and not stressed about the next steps.
Dr. Ressler was very welcoming and out us at ease. She asked relevant questions but also asked other conversational questions as well. She was thorough in explaining potential causes of infertility and didn't question our belief that IVF was the appropriate course of treatment for us. She respected our comments and was very personable and friendly yet still completely professional.
I had a really great experience with Dr. Ressler, and basically I would just advise someone to relax, tell her anything that may be relevant and definitely ask questions if something doesn't make sense to you (for any doctor really).
She was kind, informative, and efficient but not rushed. It felt as though she really cared and was quick to answer any of our questions.
I have currently only had the initial consultation. Dr. Ressler was very clear and concise in explaining next steps for us, including what diagnostic testing we should do as well as explaining the process of the various treatments, IUI, IVF etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Judit Ordogh, RN)
Judit was friendly, informative and answered all our many questions about the diagnostics testing and treatment procedures. She wasn't rushed and seemed to care about helping us feel comfortable and not stressed about the next steps.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
I have only completed the consultation so far, which after going through insurance will most likely be around $350. A full IVF cycle was quoted to us for $15,900, and additional diagnostics testing on top of that.

2023, Successful
Dr. Ilana Ressler was extremely thorough and patient with us. Starting with the initial consult, she covered all the bases and explained to us in depth what to expect from her and moving forward. During all the diagnostic testing, she was kind and gentle both literally and in her bedside manner...She took the time to explain everything clearly, and answered our specific questions whenever we asked...She outlined a plan to use Clomid/Letrozole/injectables to treat my lack of ovulation due to PCOS. I didn't actually start the treatment with her since I switched to a local doctor who accepted my insurance.
They [Illume Fertility] set up a great team, but it was hard sometimes to get the right information from the right people...My insurance was not accepted by the clinic, so I had to pay out of pocket for certain tests and visits. They did offer a package for self-pay patients. My cosultation and all diagnostic testing (bloodwork was covered by insurance) amounted to well over $5,000...Dr. Ilana Ressler was extremely thorough and patient with us. Starting with the initial consult, she covered all the bases and explained to us in depth what to expect from her and moving forward. During all the diagnostic testing, she was kind and gentle both literally and in her bedside manner.
Ask questions!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut). (Assigned nurse: Kate)
They set up a great team, but it was hard sometimes to get the right information from the right people.
Describe your experience with Illume Fertility (formerly RMA of Connecticut).
As a patient living in Brooklyn, NY, using this clinic was inconvenient due to its location. They were accommodating and allowed me to visit different locations to make it easier, however, the travel time was extensive.
Stamford