Strongly recommend: 50%Don't recommend: 50%7

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Yeshiva University
NYU Grossman School of Medicine
NYU Grossman School of Medicine

Jacquelyn Shaw works in 2 offices at

109 West 27th St, 9th Floor
NY - 53rd Street (Eastside)
159 East 53rd St, 3rd Floor

2024, Successful
LGBTQ+
Although Dr. Shaw is one of the newer attending reproductive endocrinologist...is very knowledgeable and up to date on all the potential options for us to grow our family as a queer (AFAB Nonbinary & female) couple...Both my spouse and I did antagonist protocols...are very happy with the attention to detail of our individualized protocols and communication throughout.
NYU Langone Fertility Center is a large operation...feel like I had to frequently check in with coordinators...during actual treatments I felt cared for and supported by the staff...wish the portals were a bit more streamlined but overall the communication is great...facilities are gorgeous and the staff is all excellent.
How was your experience with Jacquelyn Shaw at NYU Langone Fertility Center (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Although Dr. Shaw is one of the newer attending reproductive endocrinologist physicians at NYU Langone Fertility Center, she is very knowledgeable and up to date on all the potential options for us to grow our family as a queer (AFAB Nonbinary & female) couple. Despite being relatively young and having no known fertility issues, she was thorough in testing us both to ensure we didn't waste our time and were able to take the best path forward in making our long term family goals. Both my spouse and I went through egg retrievals and embryo freezing and were very happy with Dr. Shaw's management of our cycles. We both have slightly low AMH for our age (me especially) and Dr. Shaw accounted for that in my protocol by adding clomid which was very effective. I felt there was a great deal of thought and individualization put into each of our cycles (e.g. medications and dosages, dosage and timing of the trigger shot, etc.) We greatly look forward to doing our embryo transfers with Dr. Shaw later this year! She is so friendly, kind, patient and has amazing bedside manner!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jacquelyn Shaw at NYU Langone Fertility Center (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Ask questions! I am a nurse in a different field (emergency) and so I very much nerded out wanting to learn EVERYTHING about fertility treatments and felt a little embarrassed to ask so many questions and want all the details and explanations for things but Dr. Shaw was very encouraging of my curiosity.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jacquelyn Shaw at NYU Langone Fertility Center (Prelude Network Clinic)?
Dr. Shaw was extremely warm, welcoming and thorough with both the treatment protocols and her explanations of them. Both my partner and I are relatively young (29) with no medical/infertility history, but Dr. Shaw made sure to do all the testing for us both so as to not waste time/energy/money and to best plan for our long term family goals. Each of our protocols were slightly different depending on our results and she made sure she was one of the doctors to perform our morning monitoring ultrasounds during treatment so she could check in with us and discuss and tweak medications as appropriate.
Describe the protocols Jacquelyn Shaw used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center (Prelude Network Clinic) and their degree of success.
Both my spouse and I did antagonist protocols (menopur, gonal f, cetrotide starting ~cd5), with mine having clomid tablets (200mg) added for the first 5 days of my cycle due to possible poor response with an AMH of 0.9. My spouse had an AFC of 10 / AMH of 1.8 - their retrieval yielded 13 eggs of which 5 fertilized and we got 3 blasts, 2 euploid embryos. I had an AFC of about 12, got 11 eggs, 9 of which fertilized and we are currently waiting for our blast & genetic testing results. The IVF attrition rates are so hard and especially on a 1st cycle it is difficult to ascertain how to get the best results but we are very happy with the attention to detail of our individualized protocols and communication throughout.
How competent was Jacquelyn Shaw at LGBTQ+ care?
Dr. Shaw was very knowledgeable and discussed the many options open to us as a queer (female & AFAB NB couple) during our initial consult. Our experience was very LGBTQ+ affirming.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center (Prelude Network Clinic).
The nurses during morning monitoring appointments were upbeat, efficient, welcoming and skilled. The nurses who called to explain results/protocols were knowledgeable and kind and the nurses during the egg retrieval process were amazing! They really made me feel like I was in good hands throughout the process.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center (Prelude Network Clinic).
NYU Langone Fertility Center is a large operation and I do feel like I had to frequently check in with coordinators and advocate for to ensure everything was on track for our cycle starts, etc. But during actual treatments I felt cared for and supported by the staff. I wish the portals were a bit more streamlined but overall the communication is great, the facilities are gorgeous and the staff is all excellent.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jacquelyn Shaw at NYU Langone Fertility Center (Prelude Network Clinic).
Our cycles were covered by progeny insurance so we only ended up having to pay a couple thousand for med co-pays and then the bulk of the price was the donor sperm.
How competent was NYU Langone Fertility Center (Prelude Network Clinic) at LGBTQ+ care?
There were LGBTQ+ staff, rainbow flags proudly displayed throughout the clinic(s) and I felt like everyone we interacted with was supportive, respectful and knowledgeable about LGBTQ+ needs.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at NYU Langone Fertility Center (Prelude Network Clinic).
NYU made it easy for us in terms of coordinating through the specific donor sperm coordinator at NYU and our Sperm bank Xytex.
Jacquelyn Shaw

2023, Unsuccessful
Dr Jacquelyn Shaw is very kind and have a very human way to treat me as her patient...Dr. Shaw is great for perhaps woman under 40...She cares, she wants to do what is best, and is very professional...Dr Shaw is a good doctor, yet I wish I looked for someone with significant years of experience with woman over 40...I feel confortable asking questions and always reply to me and all my questions. I never felt rushed
[NYU Langone Fertility Center] PROS- Billing Clarity, easy to schedule and track cyvle, conviniently located, amazing staff CONS: It does not specialized on specific patients. which is good and bad...I felt I was treated like a human as eveyone on the team seamed to legitimately care for me. They made sure I feel confortable asking questions and always reply to me and all my questions. I never felt rushed
Dr Jacquelyn Shaw is very kind and have a very human way to treat me as her patient. All the questions I asked where answered. The one thing forgot to ask what her success rate was with patients like me or with a similar profile. That said, if money is not an issue and you don’t mind being use as a trial-error then I think all doctors need a change. Knowing what I know now after visiting a doctor that specializes on woman over 40 and based on the protocol that was given to me back at NYU Langone, it almost felt like I was given the default treatment. Dr. Shaw even mentioned that is normal and normally the first IVF cycle is more of a primer and perhaps my body will be best prepare for a new cycle. Now I know you can skip egg retrieval if you egg count is too low. Again, I do wish I did a bit more research and get treatment with a Dr. with significant success rate. All that said, I think Dr. Shaw is great for perhaps woman under 40. I strongly feel she has a great future ahead of her. She cares, she wants to do what is best, and is very professional. I am currently seeking treatment with a Dr. that specializes of woman over 40. It makes a huge difference to work with someone who have seen multiple people in your circumstances and with success stories. I feel a lot more confident about the treatment and my changes of success. If I was in my early 30’s I will visit Dr. Shaw. Bottom line, Dr Shaw is a good doctor, yet I wish I looked for someone with significant years of experience with woman over 40.
Let patients know your sucess rate and transparency about how many patients over 40 have shee seen and had personally sucess working with. I wish I knew that vasectomy reversal was potentially a better option vs sperm retrieval. I wish if I had a low egg count that we waited until my following perior to do a retrieval or even to do a retreival and keep the frozeen eggs and wait until a second retrieval to have the frozen eggs from the first one and fresh eggs from the secong retrieval to made embryos. I wish there was more care from the nuse team on the medication ordering. I keept a lot of medication that lukely I will use but if not that would of been at leat $1000 dollar of unused medication.
Clomin 100 GS for 5 days. with 300UI Gonal , 150 Menupur, 300UI Gonal , 150 Menupur until egg retrieval Cetrotide during day 8, 9 and 10 Lupron 50 units day 11 and 12
PROS- Billing Clarity, easy to schedule and track cyvle, conviniently located, amazing staff CONS: It does not specialized on specific patients. which is good and bad. After trying different clinics it is really clear to me that not all patients can be treated equally and lookng for a clinic that specialize on certain type of patients is definitely beneficial considering how costly IVF is.
$18,000 for IVF. It doest not include embryo testing. and $7,000 medication
Describe Jacquelyn Shaw's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center (Prelude Network Clinic).
NYU langone does not advovate multiple embryo transfers wich I understood and strongly suggesting the Embryo analysis.
Jacquelyn Shaw