9.8

9.9
9.9

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

George Washington U
Weill Cornell Medical Center
New York University Medical Center

Jason Kofinas works in 2 offices at

65 Broadway, 14th Floor
55 Central Park West

2022, Successful
appreciated his [Dr. Kofinas] honesty about realistic expectations. He does not try to woo you with grandiose promises of success. Rather he is more focused and ensuring your body is at optimal health for the egg retrieval and FET which can entail numerous tests/biopsies, meds, etc...he is available to patiently answer any of your questions and concerns. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you and what the next steps will be. He also provides you with options you can consider. I also appreciated that he is also accessible by email. I've never really had a doctor offer that and it really is so helpful to have a doctor who actually responds back by the end of the day...
Plenty of nurses [at Kofinas Fertility Group] to help make appts go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Overall practice is a well run. I never had a problem with Dr. Kofinas or a nurse getting back to me via email or phone call...They tailor a specific plan for each individual's needs and body using the most up to date technology and treatment plans. Be prepared for mornings when they are swamped during morning monitor. Sometimes there can be a small wait but honestly it's not that long...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
During the consultation and f/u meetings he is available to patiently answer any of your questions and concerns. He takes the time to thoroughly explain everything to you and what the next steps will be. He also provides you with options you can consider. I also appreciated that he is also accessible by email. I've never really had a doctor offer that and it really is so helpful to have a doctor who actually responds back by the end of the day! You can email him for pretty much anything related to IVF and he almost always replied back by the end of the day. I also appreciated his honesty about realistic expectations. He does not try to woo you with grandiose promises of success. Rather he is more focused and ensuring your body is at optimal health for the egg retrieval and FET which can entail numerous tests/biopsies, meds, etc. It is very obvious he actually enjoys what he is doing, trying to help every individual/couple going through infertility issues. You can tell it is his passion and he will try everything he can to have a successful outcome. That in return provides hope and trust in the patient that they are receiving the very best fertility care that is available.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Be prepared and patient for a potentially long IVF journey. Dr. Kofinas ensures your body is at optimal health before even doing the egg retrieval and FET and that can mean stretching out into months before actually even doing any procedure. In my case I had uterine fibroid that need to be removed and then reoccurring bouts of endometritis that had to be treated before he even proceeded with the FET.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas has excellent bedside manners. Always came in with a smile and cheerful greeting even on the mornings when the office was swamped w/patients. He took the time to answer even the simplest questions. He even tries to have small talk with you despite having to see so many other patients. Always made me feel as if he was approachable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Nurses tried their best to keep the steady flow of patients moving along during the morning monitoring. There was always a nurse ready to come in to draw your blood and afterwards answer any questions related to your plan. I also appreciated that they were also accessible by email and always called you back by the end of the day. It was difficult for them to call you back during the day but I always got a call back before the end of the day.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
On the forefront using the most modern technology and available treatment plans for fertility concerns. Plenty of nurses to help make appts go as quickly and smoothly as possible. Overall practice is a well run. I never had a problem with Dr. Kofinas or a nurse getting back to me via email or phone call (nurse). There is reason why Kofinas Fertility is one of the top fertility practices not only in NYC but nationwide. They tailor a specific plan for each individual's needs and body using the most up to date technology and treatment plans. Be prepared for mornings when they are swamped during morning monitor. Sometimes there can be a small wait but honestly it's not that long. The longest I had to wait was at most 45 minutes and the time goes by quick bc their office offers complimentary wifi.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Efficient well-oiled machine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I had Progyny benefits so most of my fertility treatment was covered. Although at their Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center where they perform all of their fertility related treatments and other gynecological procedures expect to pay an out-of-pocket $3,500 fee depending on whether or not your insurance is in network w/them. My insurance was not in network and I had to pay the fee anytime I had a procedure including removal of uterine fibroid.
Describe Jason Kofinas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kofinas Fertility Group.
He is opened to both although he would prefer eSET.

2022, Successful
Dr. Kofinos always answered my emails right away and showed me great concern on my care and treatments...Dr. Kofinos and his practice really have the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed...When I initially met him he advised me to have laparoscopic surgery to make sure I didn't have endometriosis and I also had to remove a fibroid...he explained thoroughly about why it’s best to do it prior to any treatments, I felt extremely content and at ease...he was right, I had endometriosis. To my surprise, I got pregnant a month later...
Clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] will assess you and check everything. Be patient because if there is a problem it’s important you know straight away without wasting time and money. If you feel unhappy with a specific doctor, it’s ok to change the doctor. Nurses there are very knowledgeable, so ask them anything...Excellent nurses!..the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I was having trouble getting pregnant naturally and wanted to make sure everything was ok with my body. I went with different opinions of doctors and finally decided to see Dr. Kofinos because I wanted to be seen by the best. When I initially met him he advised me to have laparoscopic surgery to make sure I didn't have endometriosis and I also had to remove a fibroid. I was sooooo nervous about having the surgery! But after he explained thoroughly about why it’s best to do it prior to any treatments, I felt extremely content and at ease. I booked appointment for the surgery and he was right, I had endometriosis. To my surprise, I got pregnant a month later. I was I’m utter shock! Dr. Kofinos and his practice really have the expertise, technology, and patience that I needed.
Trust his advice and protocols. If you are unsure, he is only an email away.
Dr. Kofinos was asked me what my family goals were and explained in detail the steps I should take to reach desired goals. He also gave me options so I feel comfortable. Dr. Kofinos always answered my emails right away and showed me great concern on my care and treatments.
Describe the protocols Jason Kofinas used in your cycles at Kofinas Fertility Group and their degree of success.
Prior to surgery, I was given clear directions and it was easy to follow.
Excellent nurses!
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic will assess you and check everything. Be patient because if there is a problem it’s important you know straight away without wasting time and money. If you feel unhappy with a specific doctor, it’s ok to change the doctor. Nurses there are very knowledgeable, so ask them anything. For example, I didn't know which prenatal vitamin were best and they were able to recommend the best one.
My health insurance covered majority of my bills. I had Co-payments.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Jason is very communicative and has a wonderful disposition. He neither sugarcoats nor fearmongers which I appreciated. The protocol for me was very drug-forward but you just have to TRUST THE PROCESS because he knows what he's doing. He and Dr. Montes did a laparoscopic myomectomy (before retrievals) which improved my quality of life (stage 4 endo, fibroids, cysts)...Dr Jason is very responsive via email (evenings especially) and it's easy to make an appointment for a discussion meeting which I did a few times. He made my husband and I feel comfortable about the procedures I was going through and the results from each retrieval...
Nurses [at Kofinas Fertility Group] were amazing, always called back by end of day to address any questions that I sent them. Helped with alternative intralipid providers in NYC...Very efficient take-in process, sometimes the waits were long...UWS Clinic ran monitoring very efficiently. I went to Fidi Clinic for some bloodwork and procedures via Manhattan Reproductive Surgery Center, both were also very efficient. The only area of improvement is more transparency around billing and insurance coverage...
Trust the process
Monitoring hours can be very crowded, so you only have a few minutes with your physician. As an alternative, Dr Jason is very responsive via email (evenings especially) and it's easy to make an appointment for a discussion meeting which I did a few times. He made my husband and I feel comfortable about the procedures I was going through and the results from each retrieval.
Retrievals: Menopur/Gonal/Estradiol/Cetrotide/Pregyl In between: Lupron/Estradiol/Antibiotics for inflammation Mock Transfer: some of the below Pre- and Post-Transfer: Estradiol/PIO/Intralipid/Progesterone Suppositories/Neupogen/Prednisone/Metformin/Levothyroxine/Lovenox/Methylfolate/other supplements
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Jean Ann, Juany, Kate )
Nurses were amazing, always called back by end of day to address any questions that I sent them. Helped with alternative intralipid providers in NYC.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Very efficient take-in process, sometimes the waits were long (UWS).
I had progyny insurance in addition to regular health insurance, so majority of the expense was included in out-of-network coverage
Single embryo transferred and split. In the end, it was vanishing twin syndrome and resulted in a singleton pregnancy.
2021, Successful
Dr Jason Kofinas was the only person who took our case and left no stone unturned to find out why we were having trouble carrying to term. He took the time to locate and treat any issues BEFORE proceeding with a customized IVF regimen. He wanted to make sure that my body was ready and prepared for the IVF process. His team of nurses were always welcoming and helpful. We never felt like we were just another patient or another case. We always felt like everyone there really wanted us to be successful...
They [nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group] were always welcoming. They were always helpful, caring and very supportive...There are times where the office would be packed with other patients. He and the nurses really do their best to work with you and your schedule and understand that we all work. Keep in mind what the goal is. The reason why you are there; this doctor WILL get to the bottom of why you are having difficulties...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
We had seen many fertility specialists who wouldnt take our case or treats us like a cookie-cutter case. Dr Jason Kofinas was the only person who took our case and left no stone unturned to find out why we were having trouble carrying to term. He took the time to locate and treat any issues BEFORE proceeding with a customized IVF regimen. He wanted to make sure that my body was ready and prepared for the IVF process. His team of nurses were always welcoming and helpful. We never felt like we were just another patient or another case. We always felt like everyone there really wanted us to be successful. They really wanted us to get pregnant and... now we are. I am expecting our daughter at the end of June. It is understandable to be hesitant with many specialists who say they can help; Dr Jason Kofinas means it! We are so lucky that we found him
Be upfront and honest of your expectations. Ask questions because he will always answer them. Even if you think the question may be silly; still ask. If you have gotten advice from other people; share that information with him and Dr Jason will either look into it or let you know if it would work for your case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were always welcoming. They were always helpful, caring and very supportive.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Due to Dr Jasons expertise are in high demand; pack you patience when you come to the clinic. There are times where the office would be packed with other patients. He and the nurses really do their best to work with you and your schedule and understand that we all work. Keep in mind what the goal is. The reason why you are there; this doctor WILL get to the bottom of why you are having difficulties.
Upper West Side

Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care...I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor...recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB. Nursing Staff
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group]. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas made our difficult journey through pregnancy more bearable. He was compassionate and understanding of my challenges and listened to our wishes so we felt active in the decision-making process for my care. We ended up not needing intervention to get pregnant but I didn't feel pressured to go with IUI or IVF (my problem was staying pregnant vs. getting pregnant). All around he's a great doctor.
Dr. Kofinas was very kind and patient. He took ample time with us to explain everything carefully and slowly and allowed me to ask any questions. He was very responsive via email when I would inevitably forget my questions!
I first visited because I suspected I was not ovulating every cycle. Dr. Kofinas did a diagnostic workup and imaging and determined that I likely had endometriosis, PCOS and had a uterine polyp, all which could contribute to my abnormal cycles. After my first miscarriage I underwent surgery to remove the polyp and stage 2 endometriosis. I became pregnant again and had a second miscarriage. At this point Dr. Kofinas recommended further testing (carrier screening, blood-clotting mutations, etc.) to rule out other issues. Afterwhich I was prescribed Metformin and quickly became pregnant again. He also put me on low-dose aspirin and Lovenox after my pregnancy was sustaining. At that point I was transferred to a regular OB.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I particularly remember Neil and Michelle, they were so friendly and helpful and treated me like a person (everyone did, I just remember their names).
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The office is very clean and has everything you'd need. My only slight complaint is that the exam rooms are a bit cramped (my husband often came with me and there wasn't much room for him to be in the room).
The billing was the only pain when working with this clinic. They don't take my primary insurance (BCBS) but I have fertility insurance (Progyny) through work. That said because it was out of network I had to wait for reimbursement checks from my insurance and often had to then make payments to Kofinas over the phone or via mail. The billing dept often called when i was at work and unable to answer the phone so the payment process was a bit onerous.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Just once, when I was waiting to start on Metformin there was an issue getting the order to my pharmacy so I had to call the Dr. on call to re-issue the order because I was about to travel for a week.
Staten Island

4 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
he [Dr. Jason Kofinas] made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss.
Everyone [at Kofinas Fertility Group] was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is dedicated, compassionate, detailed, meticulous, and a problem solver. After 5 embryo transfer failures from my previous doctor and no answers as to the reasons why. I’ve consulted with a few doctors before meeting Dr. K. I provided them with my medical history and Dr. K immediately went to study them. From the results he made a thorough plan to eliminate the possibilities of my frequent losses. I really felt as if I was his only patient while knowing I was not. He’s paid close attention to all my monitorings, stims and transfers, and even called during his day off to adjust my meds to ensure I get the best quality eggs during stims. On my first transfer with Dr. K, we successfully got pregnant but sadly I had a miscarriage. He was so compassionate and caring for that loss. It was as if it was his loss too. He offered to console, speak to me during my grieving and offered resources like counselors. He had answers to all my questions and plan for the future. Fast forward today, we had our second transfer and we’re in our second trimester, after 3 years of IVF, including all the procedures, stims, transfers, modified protocols, emotional roller coasters, Dr. K figured me out! We are finally in our second trimester and expecting our first baby in Nov. My husband and I are so thankful to him. I really felt Dr. K was part of my journey every step of the way. As a his patient I believe he goes above and beyond for me. He took on the challenge of a once defeated woman longing for a child and helped her make her dream come true.
Dr. Kofinas will go above and beyond to make sure you are successful. Trust his methods.
Because he and his staff knew me by my first name and who I was whenever I came for a visit in the clinic. Whenever I make a call over the phone, I felt like his staff knew my name. I felt like the office made me feel I was their friend. This was important to me as my previous fertility clinic I felt like a number and as if I was in a factory.
Due to my RIF, prior to IVF stims and transfer, Dr. Kofinas, performed hysteroscopy. He suspected hydrosalpinx and it was confirmed from a prior hsg result which may have been the cause of prior failures. I went for a procedure to disconnect my tube and while under the same procedure Dr. K also removed some endometriosis, with consent. For Stim, protocol included menopur, gonal f, ganirelex, HCG. Embryos were icsi and pgs tested. For transfer, he performed an NK test resulted in elevated NK cells. He incorporated prednisone and intralipids infusion every week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Mio)
Everyone was very caring and knew you by face and name. The nursing staff varied during monitoring, but they always made you feel comfortable. Mio and Lindsay were consistent nurses and they always knew my case. They were patient and answered questions if you needed. Justine is the front receptionist, she’s always so pleasant and as if she knows you already by the sound of your voice over the phone. She’s always willing to help and set up your appointments in seconds.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths- personable, professional, willingness to get answers, will go above and beyond for patients, provides solutions outside the standard of care. Modern in treating patients while not compromising data based medicine. Weakness, sometimes wait can be long for monitoring. The Pre and Post retrieval recovery at Brooklyn location should be more comfortable. For my husband, the collection rooms should also be more comfortable.
You sign in and wait for your name to be called. Monitoring begins at 7am and is convenient for me before heading to the office
Upper West Side
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] is a great communicator, great bedside manner...He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding...I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy...He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy.
They [nurses at Kofinas Fertility Group] were great about helping me order my meds...The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins...They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic...[staff] showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas is by far the best doctor I have ever seen. He is a great communicator, great bedside manner and really knows everything about fertility. He is very thorough and will make sure everything is checked and addressed before proceeding.
Question all the medications if you are unsure why he's prescribing.
Jason and all the staff new my name, showed compassion and remembered everything I told them. They always looked out for my best interest.
Dr. Jason was very careful with me having PCOS as I was at high risk for hyperstimulating after retrieval. He delayed my transfer by 1 month which was hard for me but for the best of my health and success of the pregnancy. We used estrodial, Progesterone as well as pre-natals, folate, vitamin d and calcium. He also treated me with Lovenox to prevent blood clotting which I think was helpful when I developed a Sub Chorionic Hematoma in my pregnancy. After my chemical pregnancy, he treated me for NK Cells with Steroids and Intralipid infusions - which is a controversial practice. I like that he was willing to take risks when we didn't know what the reason for the chemical pregnancy was.
The nurses all new my name. They were great about helping me order my meds.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The clinic on upper west is really clean and nice. Smalls rooms but clean. The wait is usually okay, sometimes up to 30 mins. I enjoyed walking there through the park. They are closed on wednesdays which is inconvenient and don't do any surgeries or transfers in this clinic. I used to have to go to Brooklyn but they closed that office and are now in FIDI. I have not experienced the FIDI clinic.
Most was covered under insurance except for facility fees for transfer/retrieval and surgeries.
He would not transfer more than one embryo due to high risk with multiples. He also let me know the odds of pregnancy was not higher with transferring multiples if the embryos were PGS tested.
What specific things went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kofinas Fertility Group.
I've had a few times the clinic called my old pharmacy.
Upper West Side
Dr. Jason Kofinas had a plan to slowly stimulate the ovaries and slowly grow he follicles so that to achieve as many mature follicles as possible without over stimulation. He also suggested that we don’t transfer more than one embryo at a time to aim at a single healthy pregnancy. He was definitely right about that since we ended up with a very healthy baby boy...was transparent with his treatments, made sure I understood every step he was taking to achieve my goal.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas was amazing. He is a knowledgeable doctor who provided us with the best course of treatment for our issues, he is professional, compassionate, a good communicator and a great doctor. He listened to our concerns and provided us with his treatment plans each and every step of the way. Made us feel involved in our treatment and made sure we understood what we were undergoing.
One piece of advice would be to never give up and to trust the treatments.
Dr. Kofinas was transparent with his treatments, made sure I understood every step he was taking to achieve my goal.
The entire nurse team was amazing. They always provided me with information, amazing care and treatment and made me feel comfortable in their office at all times.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Kofinas Fertility is an amazing Fertility that is made up of an amazing team. I received care from Dr. Jason Kofinas and Dr. George Kofinas. They were professional and compassionate and provided me with the best care. The entire team at Kofinas Fertility is great to work with, very patient and absolutely lovely. During such a stressful time they provided me with support and information and gave me hope that I will achieve the baby I always dreamed of. They never made me feel rushed or pressured and always gave me the opportunity to ask questions and communicate my each and every concern. We are so pleased with their treatment and we look forward to going back for our second try.
A large portion of our treatments was covered by our insurance. The out of pocket costs were minuscule to the overall cost of IVF. I can’t complain about the 3K retrieval cost and $1,500 transfer cost. We were very lucky to have so much covered by insurance.
Dr. Jason Kofinas educated us on the risks involved with multiple embryo transfers. Risks that we didn’t know about. At first I was sure I wanted to have a twin pregnancy but now that we ended up transferring one healthy embryo and we ended up with one healthy baby boy, I couldn’t be happier with our decision.

2022, Successful
He [Dr. Jason Kofinas] answered each and every email, no question was left unanswered, and I never left the office feeling unsure because I knew I was in the right place this time. Only three months after my journey began at Kofinas, I am officially PREGNANT...Going through this entire experience has been challenging but Dr. Kofinas made it reassuring...If I were to send Dr. Jason or the nursing team an email, it was answered right away...
At Kofinas, I never felt like a number. The whole process ran smoothly, obtaining my medications was easy & all my questions were answered. If I were to send Dr. Jason or the nursing team an email, it was answered right away! I wasn’t used to that. As I mentioned before, I switched over from another facility & I was amazed with the level of treatment from my very first day at Kofinas...nursing staff was wonderful!...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas was nothing less than AMAZING! Going through this entire experience has been challenging but Dr. Kofinas made it reassuring. I began my journey with another establishment and was no longer happy with the facility. I was losing hope in the process. A friend suggested I make an appointment Dr. Jason Kofinas. Her exact words were, “He’s The Godfather of Fertility” lol. I was so worried changing facilities & putting my trust into a new doctor after the experience I had already endured. However Dr. Jason reassured me that I was in the right place. He answered each and every email, no question was left unanswered, and I never left the office feeling unsure because I knew I was in the right place this time. Only three months after my journey began at Kofinas, I am officially PREGNANT. I waited so long to hear those words. Thank you Dr. Jason & the whole team! You gave us hope & a beautiful miracle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
The nursing staff was wonderful!

2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Jason Kofinas is honest. He is trustworthy and you know he is going to do the most for you for the best outcome...He was always available to answer my questions and many times went over and above to keep me as his patient...Prior to IVF we needed to remove fibroids and heal before next steps. He planned out the surgery healing and ivf rounds accordingly so no time would be wasted.
[Kofinas Fertility Group] is communicative and requests are heard. At times AM monitoring are long but you will be seen. Facilities are clean. Don’t be alarmed if you have to report to headquarters or are seen by another team member...Tierney is amazing. Always responsive knowledgeable and so personable to chat with. Was a pleasure
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Doctor JK is a master of his craft. Data and science driven he creates a plan and will execute. He was always available to answer my questions and many times went over and above to keep me as his patient. I work in medicine as well and to be on the other side as the patient made me trust him no questions.
Trust the process
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Tierney )
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Clinic is communicative and requests are heard. At times AM monitoring are long but you will be seen. Facilities are clean. Don’t be alarmed if you have to report to headquarters or are seen by another team member
The process is mentally and physically tiring but being seen almost daily by DR. JK was reassuring. At time AM waiting was long but you were always seen
Insurance covered most. Genetic testing of embryos was 5000 out of pocket
Na

2021 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Jason Kofinas and his staff were always very kind. They referred to me by name, replied to all my emails, and answered my calls. Dr. Jason Kofinas usually responded to my emails before staff did...has great bedside manner and very kind without being too fluffy. Our conversations were always straight to the point which I loved...Monitoring hours did get busy. Dr. Jason Kofinas' start at 7am and that's when I would get there. There is a wait but the nurses and the offices are very efficient and get to you as soon as they can...
[Kofinas Fertility Group] Monitoring hours did get busy. Dr. Jason Kofinas' start at 7am and that's when I would get there. There is a wait but the nurses and the offices are very efficient and get to you as soon as they can...Offices are gorgeous and the rest of the staff is nice. Love that all procedures are done in house in their own facilities. I received replies to all emails and calls, a lot were from Dr. Jason Kofinas directly. I was fortunate enough to work with Progyny and I never had any issues with the Kofinas office communicating anything with them. Everything went so smooth and and I could not have asked for better care or results...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas and his group are fantastic and I highly recommend them! I trust them so much that I recommended to friends and family (some have reached out!). Dr. Jason Kofinas has great bedside manner and very kind without being too fluffy. Our conversations were always straight to the point which I loved. We're all adults with the same goal. Offices are gorgeous and the rest of the staff is nice. Love that all procedures are done in house in their own facilities. I received replies to all emails and calls, a lot were from Dr. Jason Kofinas directly. I was fortunate enough to work with Progyny and I never had any issues with the Kofinas office communicating anything with them. Everything went so smooth and and I could not have asked for better care or results. Thank you to Dr. Jason Kofinas and the whole team!
Be an advocate for yourself and Dr. Jason Kofinas will be a great partner in helping you get to the results you are hoping for.
Dr. Jason Kofinas and his staff were always very kind. They referred to me by name, replied to all my emails, and answered my calls. Dr. Jason Kofinas usually responded to my emails before staff did!
2022 - 2023, Successful
Dr. [Jason] Kofinas is professional, kind and a wonderful communicator. His ability to explain the IVF process and answer questions with clear answers made me feel at ease during my fertility journey. I would highly recommend he and his team to anyone wanting to explore IVF for the first time...During the IVF process, I did one retrieval, one mock transfer and one official transfer. The mock transfer was extremely helpful in determining exactly what my body needed to make the official transfer successful and it was!
Tierney Spencer truly made my experience with Kofinas Fertility Group an A++ Organizing all of my medications was extremely overwhelming in the beginning and she really helped me feel confident through the process while checking in to make sure I had everything I needed...I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Kofinas and his team! My only note for a new patient would be to prepare to wait in the waiting room for at least an hour before every visit. I spent many hours in that waiting room, but it was worth it in the end!
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Kofinas is professional, kind and a wonderful communicator. His ability to explain the IVF process and answer questions with clear answers made me feel at ease during my fertility journey. I would highly recommend he and his team to anyone wanting to explore IVF for the first time.
Be open to all of your options. Dr. Kofinas has a wonderful ability to explain all fertility options thoroughly and put you at ease while helping you choose the right path without being pushy.
During my fertility journey with Dr. Kofinas and his team, I felt that all of my questions were answered thoroughly and with care. The team also took my calls after hours regarding follow up questions about medications. I really felt like his team wanted the best for me throughout the IVF process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: Tierney Spencer)

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Kofinas was very opened to all of my concerns and answered all of my questions. I felt heard and part of my treatment plan from day one. He was was very thorough with my testing and specifically designed an immune protocol for me. He is very responsive to emails. Even on the weekends. When my first transfer was not successful we had a meeting to discuss next steps and tweaked my protocol. He was very open to my sugguesstions and asked for my input...
I cannot say enough about the amazing care I received at Kofinas Fertility Group...All of his staff at his clinic were amazing. She was very attentive and responsive to my calls and e-mails...From my very first encounter, Dr. Kofinas was very opened to all of my concerns and answered all of my questions. I felt heard and part of my treatment plan from day one...I was a very complex case with stage 4 endometriosis and lots immune issue which led to multiple chemical pregnancies and implantation failure...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I cannot say enough about the amazing care I received at Kofinas Fertility Group. I was under the care of Dr. Jason Kofinas. I consulted with him after being unsuccessful at my previous clinic for over 2 years. I was a very complex case with stage 4 endometriosis and lots immune issue which led to multiple chemical pregnancies and implantation failure. From my very first encounter, Dr. Kofinas was very opened to all of my concerns and answered all of my questions. I felt heard and part of my treatment plan from day one. He was was very thorough with my testing and specifically designed an immune protocol for me. He is very responsive to emails. Even on the weekends. When my first transfer was not successful we had a meeting to discuss next steps and tweaked my protocol. He was very open to my sugguesstions and asked for my input and I really appreciated that. I had success with my second transfer and I am currently 17 weeks. I highly recommend Dr. Jason Kofinas. After trying to conceive for over 3 years I finally had success thanks to Kofinas Fertility Group. So thankful!!!!
Be open to his suggestions . Trust his process.
Dr. Kofinas treated me with kindness and respect. I was inconclusive in my treatment plan. I felt heard and he was always open to my suggestions.
I used donor eggs and transferred my embryos to Kofinas. I consulted him for immune testing and immune protocols. My protocol included weekly Intralipid Infusions, Neupogen, Plaquenil, Tacrolimus, and Lovenox in preparation for my transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kofinas Fertility Group. (Assigned nurse: JeanAnn )
JeanAnn was very nice! All of his staff at his clinic were amazing. She was very attentive and responsive to my calls and e-mails.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Cost was covered by my insurance (Progyny).
Dr. Kofinas only transfers one embryo at a time.

2022, Successful
I met with Dr. Jason Kofinas who’s absolutely amazing. He is extremely personable and makes you feel comfortable from the second you walk into his office, PLUS he makes himself available to answer any questions, which being able to email and get a timely response is super comforting...Excellent bedside manner... One month after surgery I was fortunate enough to get pregnant naturally
I can’t begin to say enough great things about Kofinas Fertility...The entire staff is also very friendly, such great people...They [nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group] were always very thorough and great at drawing blood, for all the times I had to go in...Strengths: great communication, very clean, modern technology Weakness (if this qualifies as one) long wait times - but it makes sense given how busy they are… they offer free Wi-Fi!
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
I can’t begin to say enough great things about Kofinas Fertility — Dr. Jason Kofinas is the BEST! After finding out from my gyno that I had PCOS in March I decided to seek out a fertility specialist. In May, I met with Dr. Jason Kofinas who’s absolutely amazing. He is extremely personable and makes you feel comfortable from the second you walk into his office, PLUS he makes himself available to answer any questions, which being able to email and get a timely response is super comforting! The entire staff is also very friendly, such great people. I followed all of his recommendations when it came to blood work, testing, and ended up getting laparoscopic surgery at the end of June which is exactly what I needed. One month after surgery I was fortunate enough to get pregnant naturally. You’re really in the best hands with Kofinas Fertility and I can’t thank them enough for helping me in my journey.
Make sure to share all your concerns at the initial appointment so he can work his magic!
Excellent bedside manner and always made himself available via email to address any questions or concerns
Surgery was recommended to remove cysts in right ovary and to check for endometriosis while the procedure took place
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were always very thorough and great at drawing blood, for all the times I had to go in :-)
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
Strengths: great communication, very clean, modern technology Weakness (if this qualifies as one) long wait times - but it makes sense given how busy they are… they offer free Wi-Fi! ……….……………………………………….
I was told insurance covered my procedures so hopefully I don’t receive any bills later down the line
2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Jason Kofinas is an amazing doctor. He goes above and beyond for his patients. He does all that he can to make every womans' dream come true. As his patient he had me on as many medicines and injections in order to help with my transfer. He is very reliable. Whenever I had a question, I would email him and he would get back to me right away.
This clinic [Kofinas Fertility Group] is just the best. They are all professional, sweet and take care of you. Whenever I had a question I would call and leave a message for a nurse to get back to me and they would get back to me right away. They are very knowledgeable...Overall, Kofinas Fertility is like my extended family and the entire staff is so supportive as well...I love everybody in this practice in both Manhattan locations and I am so happy I chose Kofinas Fertility
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Trust him because he's the best!!!!
If anyone needs a fertility dr Kofinas Fertility is the one to go to...I can't write about every amazing experience I had with Kofinas Fertility, because I would be here all day, but know that throughout my entire journey with them, it was absolutely amazing.....Dr. Jason Kofinas is my doctor and he made it happen for me and my husband....we are expecting....he went above and beyond between surgeries, medications, injections and intralipids to make sure this baby stuck the first time...I cannot thank him enough...Overall, Kofinas Fertility is like my extended family and the entire staff is so supportive as well...I love everybody in this practice in both Manhattan locations and I am so happy I chose Kofinas Fertility❤️ PS My last name that is posted is my maiden name lol.
He had me on medicines that I had to take everyday at a certain time as well as the injections.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
They are very professional and are very organized. They run a tight shift.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
This clinic is just the best. They are all professional, sweet and take care of you. Whenever I had a question I would call and leave a message for a nurse to get back to me and they would get back to me right away. They are very knowledgeable.
I have spent so much between the co pays, surgeries, retrieval, transfer and egg freezing, but it was all so worth it.
2021 - 2023, Successful
Dr Kofinas is an excellent Dr and surgeon, he knows what he is doing and isn’t afraid to explore new ideas or explore for root causes. My OBGYN told me I 100% did not have endometriosis, he was convinced and Dr Kofinas did a lap and found it. He is a thorough and detail orientated Dr with an great bedside manner. He explains things in an easy to understand way and walks you through every step of the process together...
The facilities [at Kofinas Fertility Group] that you will experience are as close to a 5 star hotel as a medical facility gets. State of the art everything, professional, clean, friendly. The response time from everyone I dealt with was always prompt, accurate, reassuring and as always caring...A-team, Kofinas has hired the best of the best for his practice...Dr Kofinas is understanding, compassionate and caring. He listens, gets to the root cause of the issues and devises a plan with you...
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Trust the process. He knows what he is doing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
A-team, Kofinas has hired the best of the best for his practice.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
The facilities that you will experience are as close to a 5 star hotel as a medical facility gets. State of the art everything, professional, clean, friendly. The response time from everyone I dealt with was always prompt, accurate, reassuring and as always caring.
Most of my bills where covered via my insurance and Kofinas worked with me on the remaining.
2021, Successful
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
Dr. Jason Kofinas is an exceptional fertility specialist who truly cares about his patients' well being. He has extensive knowledge and experience in the field, and his passion for helping couples is evident in the way he approaches each case with customized treatment plans. Throughout the treatment process Dr. Kofinas was available to answer all our questions. He was patient, kind and understanding and went above and beyond to ensure that we had the best possible chance of success.
[Kofinas Fertility Group] Staff is kind, knowledgeable answer all your questions, if you leave a message they return your phone call or email you in a timely manner. At each visit they modify treatment appropriately. I would recommend Dr Kofinas and his staff to anyone struggling with infertility...Throughout the treatment process Dr. Kofinas was available to answer all our questions. He was patient, kind and understanding and went above and beyond to ensure that we had the best possible chance of success.
How was your experience with Jason Kofinas at Kofinas Fertility Group?
Dr. Jason Kofinas is an exceptional fertility specialist who truly cares about his patients' well being. He has extensive knowledge and experience in the field, and his passion for helping couples is evident in the way he approaches each case with customized treatment plans. Throughout the treatment process Dr. Kofinas was available to answer all our questions.  He was patient, kind and understanding and went above and beyond to ensure that we had the best possible chance of success. H
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kofinas Fertility Group.
Nursing staff is amazing they answered all your questions or concerns and returned your phone calls in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Kofinas Fertility Group.
They were first come first serve. They moved quickly and efficiently.