LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

University of Pennsylvania
NYU Langone Health
NYU Langone Health

Jennifer Blakemore works at

109 West 27th St
NY - 53rd Street
159 East 53rd St

Dr. Blakemore is an excellent provider. She is sweet, personable, and most importantly knowledgeable on academic literature. She also informed me about newer medical procedures that were outside of the scope of her care. She is passionate and thorough in her testing, evaluations, and recommendations...a kind, professional, and compassionate doctor. She always took the time to follow-up via phone or e-mail in a timely manner...never be afraid to ask challenging questions. She is such a patient and knowledgeable provider
A primary strength of the clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is the schedule; the clinic has Saturday and early morning appointments. One weakness is that the phone line is always busy, but that is minor. A new patient should know that clinic is busy but very efficient, and they are great at following up with all their patients and accommodating your schedule...The nursing team was knowledgeable, efficient, and communicated in a timely manner
How was your experience with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
For any prospective patients of Dr. Blakemore, never be afraid to ask challenging questions. She is such a patient and knowledgeable provider.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Blakemore is a kind, professional, and compassionate doctor. She always took the time to follow-up via phone or e-mail in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol)
The nursing team was knowledgeable, efficient, and communicated in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A primary strength of the clinic is the schedule; the clinic has Saturday and early morning appointments. One weakness is that the phone line is always busy, but that is minor. A new patient should know that clinic is busy but very efficient, and they are great at following up with all their patients and accommodating your schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Blakemore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I had very little out of pocket cost associated with my care under Dr. Blakemore.
Describe Jennifer Blakemore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NY - Westside

Dr Blakemore went out of her way for my me and my partner. She was available at ever step of the process, even on her days off or in a different clinic. Dr Blakemore made us feel prepared and confident in our decision to through with the fertility treatment and we both feel extremely fortunate to have her as our doctor and in our corner...Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she is very kind and takes the time to treat you like a person, understand exactly how you feel, educate you on each step of the way and go out of her way to make you feel comfortable and normal, which is often hard to do during any fertility process
[protocol at NYU Langone Fertility Center] I went off of my birth control for 1 month and then did 12 days of prescribed shots and had the treatment on day 13. Everything was better than expected and the results are through the roof. I will not have to go through another cycle given the success of this one...I trust Dr Blakemore and her decision to work with these nurses at this clinic. Everything was seamless and I see what lead her to NYU Fertility. I'd happily refer my closest friends. No weaknesses to note....
I have referred Dr Blakemore to my best friend! Dr Blakemore went out of her way for my me and my partner. She was available at ever step of the process, even on her days off or in a different clinic. Dr Blakemore made us feel prepared and confident in our decision to through with the fertility treatment and we both feel extremely fortunate to have her as our doctor and in our corner. I couldn't have asked for a more or better experience or outcome. I am sad to not have our daily interactions now that we are done with everything but couldn't be more grateful.
Don't look any further. Dr Blakemore is the absolute best.
Dr Blakemore is the absolute best. Not only is she extremely knowledgeable, she is very kind and takes the time to treat you like a person, understand exactly how you feel, educate you on each step of the way and go out of her way to make you feel comfortable and normal, which is often hard to do during any fertility process. I would not have wanted (and frankly don't think I could have) done this with anyone else by my side.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Blakemore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Insurance covered one round; we covered half of the medications and the genetic testing.

2021, Successful
NYU was great and I never had any issues...I had to pay about $2500 for the genetic testing PGS...We are currently paying for embryo private storage which is $1000 a year...[Dr. Blakmore] made me feel so cared for during a difficult and stressful time. I will never forget that she surprised me by coming to do my egg retrieval when another doctor was listed on the schedule. I was so nervous on the table before the procedure, she held my hand and distracted me until the anesthesia kicked in...
Dr. Blakemore is a true gem. She made me feel so cared for during a difficult and stressful time. I will never forget that she surprised me by coming to do my egg retrieval when another doctor was listed on the schedule. I was so nervous on the table before the procedure, she held my hand and distracted me until the anesthesia kicked in. She called me on Thanksgiving day to tell me the good news that I was pregnant. She’s incredibly attentive and makes you feel like her only patient, she never seemed rush (I don’t know how she does that!)
No advice needed because you’re in great hands.
Dr. Blakemore was the single best doctor I’ve ever interacted with in my life. She is incredibly warm caring and friendly. She strikes the perfect balance of being upbeat while validating how hard it is to go through infertility treatment.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I had a good experience. I started at another clinic originally that was very disorganized and the nurse was rude to me. NYU was great and I never had any issues. Can’t recall other details since it’s been a few years
I had to pay about $2500 for the genetic testing PGS. Other than that I think I paid about $2500 but that was to meet my deductible. Most of the services are covered under my insurance fortunately. We are currently paying for embryo private storage which is $1000 a year.
We only did single to avoid risk of multiples
2021 - 2023, Successful
Out of three doctors I consulted, she's [Dr. Blakemore is] the only one who was willing to sincerely work with me and try out less invasive interventions...Dr. Blakemore heard me out and was compassionate and optimistic without setting unrealistic expectations...knowledgeable, up to date, and considers your history and preferences to device a plan WITH you not only for you. She has a clear idea of what the best options would be and presents them as choices to be made not as a rigid plan. She is compassionate, warm and considerate...
The office [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is very clean, organized, and thoughtful with personal care supplies in the bathrooms like pads. Staff is polite and pleasant. Making appointments is not very difficult. The building is a bit nondescript and could miss it if not aware...knowledgeable, up to date, and considers your history and preferences to device a plan WITH you not only for you. She [Dr. Blakemore] has a clear idea of what the best options would be and presents them as choices to be made not as a rigid plan. She is compassionate, warm and considerate...
She is knowledgeable, up to date, and considers your history and preferences to device a plan WITH you not only for you. She has a clear idea of what the best options would be and presents them as choices to be made not as a rigid plan. She is compassionate, warm and considerate.
Be honest sharing your history and goals
Out of three doctors I consulted, she's the only one who was willing to sincerely work with me and try out less invasive interventions. The other two docs seemed concerned with earnings (private practice) and with stats (program director) and doing only what they thought had the highest chance of success (egg donor) or higher cost (experimental treatments) regardless of my individual history or feelings. Dr. Blakemore heard me out and was compassionate and optimistic without setting unrealistic expectations.
Treated cyst with HCG, normalized cycle with estrogen patches and oral progesterone. That was all it took for my particular case.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The office is very clean, organized, and thoughtful with personal care supplies in the bathrooms like pads. Staff is polite and pleasant. Making appointments is not very difficult. The building is a bit nondescript and could miss it if not aware.

2022, Successful
I have gone through 2 rounds of unsuccessful IVF prior to Dr. Blakemore, during our first visit, she pointed out the issues with the prior IVF cycles that I was unaware of that would have played a major part in the implanting process of the embryo. She was also super empathetic, attentive and compassionate. Even during the regular routine checkup of the IVF process, she was there personally half of the time where as my first fertility doctor only shows up during the transfer procedure. I now have an adorable boy thanks to Dr. Blakemore.
Good experiences overall with the [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic. You are not going to see your doctors every time during the monitoring process but Dr.Blakemore showed up almost half of my monitoring. Location is also easy to get to but not too many street parking. The prescription process is a bit hectic as you need to stay on top of it...She [Dr. Blakemore] answered all my questions and more each time of the visit...I now have an adorable boy thanks to Dr. Blakemore.
Go with your partner for the 1st appointment and discuss with the doctor regarding every steps of the process in detail and ask any questions so that you fully understand them.
She answered all my questions and more each time of the visit.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Good experiences overall with the clinic. You are not going to see your doctors every time during the monitoring process but Dr.Blakemore showed up almost half of my monitoring. Location is also easy to get to but not too many street parking. The prescription process is a bit hectic as you need to stay on top of it.
2 cycles with each cycle costing around 18k
NY - 53rd Street

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Blakemore is like a breath of fresh air when you meet with her. She is so positive, kind and humorous, and always remembered details about our lives. We felt really considered and taken care of by the doctor...extremely warm, but she also is really knowledgeable and i completely trusted her recommendations. We were very lucky and successful with the Doctor, and it went extraordinarily well!
[NYU Langone Fertility Center is] Nice and comfortable not a long waiting time. Speedy and efficient and communicative. Good app so you always know what you need to do. Easy to ask questions and follow instructions and the team is very responsible...Dr Blakemore is like a breath of fresh air when you meet with her. She is so positive, kind and humorous, and always remembered details about our lives. We felt really considered and taken care of by the doctor.
As i described before, Dr Blakemore is extremely warm, but she also is really knowledgeable and i completely trusted her recommendations. We were very lucky and successful with the Doctor, and it went extraordinarily well!
Relax and try to enjoy the process even if it so difficult physically. You are in such good hands.
Don’t remember sorry