9.7

John Csokmay works in 1 office at

2021 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20006

2022 - 2023, Successful
I would describe Dr. Csokmay as an angel of a provider as I could not have dreamed or created a better doctor myself...I had 100% faith and trust in him to keep me safe, healthy and cared for during my fertility treatments...Not once was I not considered in my protocols, procedures, or decision making. Dr. Csokmay ensures your comfortability and treatment with the utmost care. I have never felt more respected or cared about than under the care of Dr. Csokmay.
How was your experience with John Csokmay at Shady Grove Fertility?
To be completely transparent I only attended Shady Grove Fertility to be under Dr. Csokmay's care. I knew he was the doctor I needed to go through such difficult surgeries and procedures. I had 100% faith and trust in him to keep me safe, healthy and cared for during my fertility treatments. I honestly would have followed his care to any clinic as that is gravity of care Dr. Csokmay provides. If I had the opportunity to have Dr. Csokmay be a provider in my overall health care I absolutely would. I could speak praises until I ran out of breath and would still have an infinite number of positive praises for him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Csokmay at Shady Grove Fertility?
Talk to him, know your personality and comfortability as that always comes first especially when it comes to fertility treatments. I would describe Dr. Csokmay as an angel of a provider as I could not have dreamed or created a better doctor myself. I would say run, if your going to Shady Grove, he is your doctor. If your looking through clinics, look up Dr. John Csokmay, there is absolutely no better!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Csokmay at Shady Grove Fertility?
I followed Dr. Csokmay out of military care to Shady Grove specifically because he treated me as a human. Not once was I not considered in my protocols, procedures, or decision making. Dr. Csokmay ensures your comfortability and treatment with the utmost care. I have never felt more respected or cared about than under the care of Dr. Csokmay.
Describe the protocols John Csokmay used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility and their degree of success.
For my egg retrieval we used the antagonist protocol, which included Menopur and Gonal- F with a lupron trigger. Our retrieval resulted in 23 eggs retrieved after 11 days of stims and 6 embryos created. My FET was catered to my body's response to birth control, I had 14 days of Estrace prior to transfer and about a week of Progesterone prior to transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jamilla, Sadie, Madison)
I had 3 different nurses as I moved through the process. Jamilla was my nurse throughout testing and gearing up for egg retrieval. Sadie was my IVF nurse and was my point of contact through my FET. Madison was my final nurse after completing my transfer and through my graduation from the clinic.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove Washington DC- K street location: The receptionist are incredibly kind and there to literally cheer you on throughout your entire time at SGT. The phlebotomists are by far my favorite as they always got my draw right on the first stick and create a comfortable and fun environment with music throughout your time there. The ultrasound techs are always light hearted and make sure you are comfortable and at ease during every visit. The only weaknesses of K-street is the PARKING and BILLING OFFICE. Parking is especially difficult and confusing in D.C. no control of the clinic but be prepared. BILLING however, I received multiple bills of other patients that were not mine and did not really get fixed due to similar emails. In addition my husband a retired navy vet and I qualified for a Bob Woodruff foundation grant for a percentage off of our total clinic cost. I reached out numerous times for the paper required to apply for the grant, spoke with the foundation and due to the billing office not providing the SART certification, we went into large credit card debt to afford IVF. All which could have be alleviated with the assistance of the billing office. Once I paid SGF there was no care to assist or communicare from the billing office at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Csokmay at Shady Grove Fertility.
25,400 for shared risk; 230 initial appt with SIS, 305 for first Ultrasound after FET and awaiting last bill from final graduation ultrasound.
Describe John Csokmay's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility.
Shady Grove requires single embryo transfers unless prior transfers have failed.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
The only issues I had with SGF arose from the Billing office. There is lack of communication and ball dropping when it comes to the financials. We were to have received a Bob Woodruff grant and could not due to the financial office not providing the clinics SART certification. This gave us a large increase in credit card debt which could have been alleviated with paperwork. In addition, they contacted me when a bill was due but would not respond to inquiries. Lastly, as a tricare patient there is a waiver I am to sign prior to paying or receiving treatment that acknowledges lack of coverage. This form was not provided until after care had been provided and payment submitted and was a cover their butt moment as it stated without my knowledge of said form payment could not be collected.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Csokmay was very knowledgeable and his team and him mitigated all risks for me. I couldn't have asked for a better experience there... During my cycle I had about 30 follicles growing and they triggered me with Lupron instead on HCG. I ended up with 26 eggs retrieved and 25 were mature! The lupron trigger saved me from OHSS. Very greatful for that...My protocol was the antagonist protocol, BCP for 4 weeks, stims with menopur and gonal-f and ganirelix to prevent ovulation.
For a fresh cycle of IVF [at ART Institute of Washington] with ICSI it was around 6300$ this price included my medications Embryo freezing is 600$ additional FET is around 2400$...A new patient would want to know about the single embryo transfer policy, the way the clinic does cycles every other month (it's not continous so you have to wait a month or two in between treatments...I felt like all of the nurses and doctors were very in tune with my progress, they made me feel very comfortable, and they were very compassionate. They were also very attentive to any of my concerns and questions.
How was your experience with John Csokmay at ART Institute of Washington (closed)?
I would describe my experience at Walter Reed as GREAT. Dr. Csokmay was very knowledgeable and his team and him mitigated all risks for me. I couldn't have asked for a better experience there. They really took wonderful care of me. All staff, nurse and doctors included were great.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Csokmay at ART Institute of Washington (closed)?
No specific advice. If you have any questions regarding any part of your treatment or specific issues you want to know more about.. definitely bring everything up. Ask all the questions you have! And concerns!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Csokmay at ART Institute of Washington (closed)?
Even though I was treated at a Military Hospital, I felt like all of the nurses and doctors were very in tune with my progress, they made me feel very comfortable, and they were very compassionate. They were also very attentive to any of my concerns and questions.
Describe the protocols John Csokmay used in your cycles at ART Institute of Washington (closed) and their degree of success.
My protocol was the antagonist protocol, BCP for 4 weeks, stims with menopur and gonal-f and ganirelix to prevent ovulation. During my cycle I had about 30 follicles growing and they triggered me with Lupron instead on HCG. I ended up with 26 eggs retrieved and 25 were mature! The lupron trigger saved me from OHSS. Very greatful for that.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at ART Institute of Washington (closed).
WONDERFUL!
Describe your experience with ART Institute of Washington (closed).
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Csokmay at ART Institute of Washington (closed).
For a fresh cycle of IVF with ICSI it was around 6300$ this price included my medications Embryo freezing is 600$ additional FET is around 2400$
Describe John Csokmay's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at ART Institute of Washington (closed).
The doctors only allowed me to transfer ONE embryo, due to my age, and having a fully developed blastocyst. I understand the risks with multiple pregnancies and I also understand the reasons why they do not allow multiple embryos to be transferred unless there is a specific need or previous IVF failures.
2013 - 2014, Unsuccessful
Dr. Csokmay kept me informed every step if the way. Treated me with respect. Took time to explain what was going to happen at the current visit and future visits. Kind & compassionate. Took the time to ensure the patients felt like individuals not just a number within the cycle group.... Dr. Csokmay will assist as he can and work with you in hopes of the results you want...Our embryos underwent genetic testing for C.F. before completing frozen cycles. Dr.Csokmay & his team kept us informed as they spoke with the genetic team (off site), we initially had to delay our cycle because our c.f. screening had to be built. Dr. Csokmay & his team did not hesitate to get us in outside of a normal cycle window for our 1st transfer.
The entire team at [ART Institute] knew me by name. I traveled from VA for many of my visits & I was always well informed & treated w respect. I highly recommend this clinic & team...The customer service from Darshana & the nursing team was amazing. Darshana knows every patient by 1st name during the cycle period. The nurses were always available to take calls & offer advice...I was worried monitoring apoinments would be difficult & nonpersonable, this was not the case. It was appointments by 1st come 1st serve but the team got patients in quickly & efficiently...
Go into treatments with an open mind & open heart. Dr. Csokmay will assist as he can and work with you in hopes of the results you want.
The entire team at the clinic knew me by name. I traveled from VA for many of my visits & I was always well informed & treated w respect. I highly recommend this clinic & team.
I was sent home with a slew of medications and detailed instructions. The staff kept in contact on how the medications were to be administered, dosing, & my reaction. Egg retrieval occurred then ICSI & the embryos were frozen on day 5. Our embryos underwent genetic testing for C.F. before completing frozen cycles. Dr.Csokmay & his team kept us informed as they spoke with the genetic team (off site), we initially had to delay our cycle because our c.f. screening had to be built. Dr. Csokmay & his team did not hesitate to get us in outside of a normal cycle window for our 1st transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at ART Institute of Washington (closed). (Assigned nurse: Darshana)
Describe your experience with ART Institute of Washington (closed).
The clinic is set inside Walter Reed Military Medical Center. The clinic is easy to access if you are a military family seeking treatment from the surrounding area. We traveled from Southern VA for treatments. The clinic works closely with the pharmacy at the medical center which was convenient.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at ART Institute of Washington (closed).
I think in total we paid out of pocket Approx. $15,000 due to being active duty military family

2013, Successful
Dr. Csokmay was gentle and kind when speaking to us about the reason behind our infertility. He respected and honored my fears and even some of my strange requests. I think the way that he treats patients is very rare in today's medical setting but much appreciated.... Dr. Csokmay did his best to personalize care and even now, four years later, he is always willing to answer a question if one arises....
The clinic [ART Institute of Washington] itself, especially during the earlier visits, literally asks you to take a number and wait to be seen.... Once you get through the initial process, which can feel like being herded cattle, the staff is really caring and interested in your care. They are sometimes hard to get on the phone, but also respond to emails.... I had two very opposite experiences with the nursing staff. The first was horrible, unprofessional and downright mean. After requesting not to be seen by that nurse again, I had an amazing experience with nurses who took their time dealing with my needle phobia and were quick to answer questions and genuinely caring.
Do not be scared to ask him questions.
Dr. Csokmay did his best to personalize care and even now, four years later, he is always willing to answer a question if one arises. The clinic itself, especially during the earlier visits, literally asks you to take a number and wait to be seen.
Describe your experience with ART Institute of Washington (closed).
When I arrived at the clinic I would sign in and take a number. Luckily, I lived and worked nearby and was able to be there very early. I never waited very long, usually a few people ahead of me.
We were warned about the risks of multiple embryo transfers by Dr. Csokmay but in the end he ultimately left the final decision up to us.
What specific things went wrong at ART Institute of Washington (closed)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at ART Institute of Washington (closed).
My initial blood work indicated a rise in one hormone level. A doctor called to tell me it was an issue, left a voicemail asking me to call them back, but then didn't respond to several of my attempts to reach them. I ended up worrying all weekend and talking time off of work to wait to speak to one of the doctors, turned out the issue wasn't very big and he level was back to normal when I did a repeat test, but not being able to get in touch caused unnecessary worry.
2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Csokmay is an extremely compassionate doctor who cares for his patients immensely. Every visit I had with him I left sure of what was happening next and what he was doing in the interim...I ended up in surgery afterwards due to [a] complication from IVF and my Drs. followed my care and [to] ensure I was well taken care of even after I left the hospital.
Using a military clinic does come with its drawbacks but they are easily fixed by the amazing staff at the clinic [A.R.T. Institute of Washington]... Monitoring appointments were busy but they were efficient. You arrive at the clinic around 0630 and they had me out of the clinic no later than 0715 each day.
Dr. Csokmay is an extremely compassionate doctor who cares for his patients immensely. Every visit I had with him I left sure of what was happening next and what he was doing in the interim. ART Institute is extremely different from any other clinic I have interacted with but their ability to care for so many couples amazes me. Do not underestimate or cast off the clinic due to practice styles it wont disappoint.
I can not say enough good about the ART institute in Bethesda. My cycle was a hard failure and they took care of me and treated me beyond so well. The results of my cycle were unexpected and ultimately the end of our 1st IVF journey but their caring attitude at the clinic made it somewhat easier. I ended up in surgery afterwards due to complication from IVF and my Drs. followed my care and ensure I was well taken care of even after I left the hospital. I will be returning for a future IVF cycle and can't wait to work the amazing team in Bethesda.
The nursing staff was a remarkable ability of organization and compassion. The staff sees dozens of women each morning sometimes before the sun has even risen and yet they manage to make you feel like this is an individual experience. Using a military clinic does come with its drawbacks but they are easily fixed by the amazing staff at the clinic.
Monitoring appointments were busy but they were efficient. You arrive at the clinic around 0630 and they had me out of the clinic no later than 0715 each day. The clinic has done this for many years and has the practice perfected.

2022 - 2023, Successful
We could not have done the fertility treatment without Dr. Csokmay. He is incredibly professional, knowledgeable, kind, patient, and always made time to answer all of our many questions. We could not be happier...took lots of care in planning the right steps for me and my husband to ultimately get pregnant. He walked us through every step and helped us with a short term and long term plan for care. He was thoughtful every step of the way.
The staff at Shade Grove was always so welcoming and made us feel comfortable during every appointment. We could not have done the fertility treatment without such an incredible team of staff, doctors, and nurses...The clinic was wonderful and well located. We wanted a clinic that was close to our home in DC with easy parking. We could not have been happier with the clinic. It was very clean and very well located
How was your experience with John Csokmay at Shady Grove Fertility?
My husband and I are thrilled with Dr. Csokmay and Shady Grove Fertility! We could not have done the fertility treatment without Dr. Csokmay. He is incredibly professional, knowledgeable, kind, patient, and always made time to answer all of our many questions. We could not be happier.
Don’t hesitate to have Dr. Csokmay as your doctor. He is incredible.
Dr.Csokmay was kind, patient, and spent lots of time with us answering our questions and making sure we got the right treatment
Dr. Csokmay took lots of care in planning the right steps for me and my husband to ultimately get pregnant. He walked us through every step and helped us with a short term and long term plan for care. He was thoughtful every step of the way.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
The staff at Shade Grove was always so welcoming and made us feel comfortable during every appointment. We could not have done the fertility treatment without such an incredible team of staff, doctors, and nurses. We could not be happier.
2023, Successful
Dr. Csokmay has a very gentle manner, and is highly compassionate. Even when delivering good news he speaks slowly and carefully and makes sure you understand. We felt taken care of and trusted that he was doing everything he could to support our treatment...was a breath of fresh air...took his time and ensured that our questions were answered, even when there were many...
Shady Grove is a large clinic which means that there are lots of appointment slots but also means that you can sometimes feel like a number in the fertility machine. That said; if you can find a provider you like then you can have a positive experience...Dr. Csokmay has a very gentle manner, and is highly compassionate. Even when delivering good news he speaks slowly and carefully and makes sure you understand. We felt taken care of and trusted that he was doing everything he could to support our treatment.
How was your experience with John Csokmay at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Csokmay was a breath of fresh air after going to another doctor at the Rockville location who condescended to my partner and acted rushed. Dr. Csokmay took his time and ensured that our questions were answered, even when there were many.
We tried 100mg of Clomid and he saw good results with that so we kept on that path for all 3 IUI cycles. He recommended that we also use a trigger shot, even though I didn’t seem to have trouble ovulating, to better control the process.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
$2000 per IUI cycle, out of pocket without insurance. The cost went up several hundred dollars between when we got our testing done and when we actually started the cycle. I hope they gave the staff raises with that money.

2022 - 2023, Successful
The [Shady Grove Fertility] clinic is centrally located in DC - easy to get to. Early morning appointments are good because they stay on time. But even later in the day, the most I ever waited was 15 minutes past the original appointment time...I came to Dr. Csokmay because of my age (over 35), a past miscarriage, and the length of time it was taking to try and get pregnant again after that miscarriage. From the beginning he was attuned to my needs and desires, and was very clear about next steps and how it could escalate if need be. Luckily we didn't need to escalate much further than the initial diagnosis, since we got pregnant after 2 IUI cycles!
How was your experience with John Csokmay at Shady Grove Fertility?
Arrive with questions written down, and don't be afraid to ask questions after the initial consultations. He is more than willing to take time with you, to discuss anything/everything.
He took the time to get to know me, my spouse, and our concerns. He was always open to questions, extending our time...anything to make us feel more comfortable.
We did two cycles of medicated IUI. When the first IUI cycle didn't work, we talked about what would happen/change if the second IUI cycle also didn't work. We were going to do another test, to make sure nothing was missed in the pre-testing phase, to suggest we should go about a different course of action. Luckily, we never got to that point since I was pregnant with the second IUI cycle!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
The clinic is centrally located in DC - easy to get to. Early morning appointments are good because they stay on time. But even later in the day, the most I ever waited was 15 minutes past the original appointment time.
About $2k per cycle, all inclusive, but I did not have any insurance coverage.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility.
It was just an honest mistake - my initial pharmacy order for progesterone tablets was wrong (not enough ordered). But I caught the problem, called Shady Grove, and they immediately rectified the situation. It was just a typo on their end. There was no extra charge to send me the correct amount of progesterone tablets, and they arrived overnight.

2023, Successful
Dr. Csokmay took a full hour to explain previous test results and discuss treatment options with us at our first visit. When I had questions during the treatment process, he made himself available for a phone call. He was always kind, patient, attentive, and took care to make sure we didn’t have questions or concerns. If we could use him as our doctor for the whole pregnancy, we would!
We really had a positive experience with this clinic [Shady Grove Fertility]. It’s a little small and can be busy in early mornings, but staff really moves people quickly for tests and does not sacrifice kindness or professionalism...The nursing staff was so kind, always positive, and usually prompt! Portal questions were answered quickly and kindly...Dr. Csokmay was kind, caring, and quick to listen. I have never felt more heard in any past experience with a doctor. He went above and beyond and has an excellent attitude.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
We really had a positive experience with this clinic. It’s a little small and can be busy in early mornings, but staff really moves people quickly for tests and does not sacrifice kindness or professionalism.
We had fertility insurance, but the total for 2 IUI’s after that was $1800.

2023, Successful
He [Dr. John Csokmay] gave me his direct phone line and allowed me to call him anytime to ask all the questions I had. Even when I felt confident through the process, there were times I started to second guess myself. He was there every time to calm me down and reassure me...He would call twice to make sure my husband also heard directly from him, instead of me just relaying the message.
Everyone from the [Shady Grove Fertility] front desk to the phlebotomists were welcoming and accommodating. Even if you are running late with traffic, they don't make you feel bad, they just welcome you in. Everyone is a part of your journey, rooting for you...emailed me through the portal, they were fast, efficient, and always answered right away...He [Dr. John Csokmay] gave me his direct phone line and allowed me to call him anytime to ask all the questions I had. Even when I felt confident through the process, there were times I started to second guess myself. He was there every time to calm me down and reassure me.
How was your experience with John Csokmay at Shady Grove Fertility?
He is so calm and grounding. It is impossible to remain stressed out with him. He changed our ovulation test strips for our second round, and that truly made all the difference. He would call twice to make sure my husband also heard directly from him, instead of me just relaying the message.
trust him and utilize his experience!
He gave me his direct phone line and allowed me to call him anytime to ask all the questions I had. Even when I felt confident through the process, there were times I started to second guess myself. He was there every time to calm me down and reassure me.
Timed IUI, no medication
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility.
If the nursing staff includes those who emailed me through the portal, they were fast, efficient, and always answered right away
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility.
Everyone from the front desk to the phlebotomists were welcoming and accommodating. Even if you are running late with traffic, they don't make you feel bad, they just welcome you in. Everyone is a part of your journey, rooting for you.
360$ Nonmedicated IUI
2023, Successful
Dr. Csokmay was incredibly clear, caring, and professional as we navigated our infertility diagnosis and treatment. While honest and setting realistic expectations, he also provided us a foundation of hope through our treatment. Every time Dr. Csokmay greeted us by name and with a smile. It felt like he was as invested in our desire to grow our family as we were...Being a patient of Dr. Csokmay was the best we could have hoped for. He was always extremely clear, answered all of our questions, and made us feel hopeful. There isn't anything we could recommend Dr. Csokmay improve because we appreciated him so much.
Shady Grove Fertility was clean, normally on-time, and the staff was compassionate. We especially appreciated the central location and flexibility for our schedule. We would recommend SGF to anyone experiencing infertility and wish we would have done it sooner...Being a patient of Dr. Csokmay was the best we could have hoped for. He was always extremely clear, answered all of our questions, and made us feel hopeful. There isn't anything we could recommend Dr. Csokmay improve because we appreciated him so much.
How was your experience with John Csokmay at Shady Grove Fertility?
Dr. Csokmay was incredibly clear, caring, and professional as we navigated our infertility diagnosis and treatment. While honest and setting realistic expectations, he also provided us a foundation of hope through our treatment. Every time Dr. Csokmay greeted us by name and with a smile. It felt like he was as invested in our desire to grow our family as we were!