LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

5.9
5.9

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

U of Belgrade, Serbia
Cornell
Cornell

Jovana Lekovich works in 1 office at

430 Albee Square, 2nd Floor
Brooklyn, NY 11242

2023, Unsuccessful
Dr. Lekovich is compassionate, smart, and empathetic. She is willing to schedule appointments any time I'm anxious or concerned about my results, and explains the information very thoroughly without rushing me through. I trust her and her clinical opinion...She was empathetic, took her time to explain the details of my results, I never felt rushed, she is genuine and honest...Don't be afraid to ask any question you might have- she'll give you her honest opinion while also being empathetic .
It's [RMA of New York] a comfortable environment, clean, aesthetically nice, big waiting room. It's easy to get an appointment. The issue is I've had long wait times for my in person appointments. The front desk staff has been fine to interact with...Very high costs for egg freezing that make me ambivalent due to whether I can afford it. Regular appointments have been affordable and covered by my insurance.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
Describe the protocols Jovana Lekovich used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
She hasn't- so far just preparing for egg freezing.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
So far I've had an easy time communicating with them over email and scheduling calls when needed.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
It's a comfortable environment, clean, aesthetically nice, big waiting room. It's easy to get an appointment. The issue is I've had long wait times for my in person appointments. The front desk staff has been fine to interact with.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York.
2021 - 2022, Successful
Investment Banker
Dr. Lekovich always took her time to answer all my questions, she is empathetic and would calm me when I was feeling uneasy...she was very understanding but also gave us hope which was what we needed at the time. We had a list of questions and we patiently went thru them. Once moving into IVF, she would explain everything during the egg stimulation visits, and when we finally made it to embryo transfer day she was excited...
She [nurse at RMA of New York] would call me with any updates, and if we had questions she would provide detailed explanations. She is very honest and she knew how to manage our expectations...The clinic is very organized, they communicate how often you need to go in, specifically during an IVF cycle. However, I was not aware that IVF cycles worked in series and that caught me by surprise...
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
I had a follow up session after IUI didn't work for us, and she was very understanding but also gave us hope which was what we needed at the time. We had a list of questions and we patiently went thru them. Once moving into IVF, she would explain everything during the egg stimulation visits, and when we finally made it to embryo transfer day she was excited.
To take notes of the questions you have before going in. The doctor is very detailed and she would do her best to answer anything.
I felt like a human because Dr. Lekovich always took her time to answer all my questions, she is empathetic and would calm me when I was feeling uneasy. Also, the nurses were always great and supportive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lori Traut Savino)
She would call me with any updates, and if we had questions she would provide detailed explanations. She is very honest and she knew how to manage our expectations.
2022, Successful
She [Dr. Lekovich] was smart and kind and never talked down to me. I felt very understood both as a person and as a person trying to get pregnant. She was always warm but professional. A great bed side manner...She spent almost an hour talking about my history and future and my professional life. She was very very kind and made me feel like she understood who I was and why I was there even though I might not be her typical presenting patient...
The team [at RMA of New York] is very professional and dialed in. They know what to do at every stage and there’s a feeling that they’ve seen the gamut but that doesn’t change that they treat you with everyday kindness...She [Dr. Lekovich] was very very kind and made me feel like she understood who I was and why I was there even though I might not be her typical presenting patient...
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
She was smart and kind and never talked down to me. I felt very understood both as a person and as a person trying to get pregnant. She was always warm but professional. A great bed side manner. I’d recommend her to anyone.
Chromosomal analysis, HSI, follicle stimulation, egg retrieval, embryo formation, transfer
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The team is very professional and dialed in. They know what to do at every stage and there’s a feeling that they’ve seen the gamut but that doesn’t change that they treat you with everyday kindness. It was the easiest and best it could have possibly been.

2022 - 2023, Unsuccessful
The initial consultation [with Dr. Jovana Lekovich] is very thorough and thoughtful. That experience ends there. After starting the actual process, I did not feel that same level of care. I think communication throughout the process should’ve been stronger. It would’ve been helpful to feel like each appointment came with an explanation of what was happening, why, and implications. I often felt in the dark and didn’t really get explanations if I didn’t ask and follow up with questions.
[RMA of New York] Front desk staff are nice and the nurses who draw your blood regularly are nice. Nice and clean offices...Overall, I felt like a number not a patient and wished for better communication and bedside manner...The initial consultation is very thorough and thoughtful. That experience ends there. After starting the actual process, I did not feel that same level of care. I think communication throughout the process should’ve been stronger. It would’ve been helpful to feel like each appointment came with an explanation of what was happening, why, and implications. I often felt in the dark and didn’t really get explanations if I didn’t ask and follow up with questions.
How was your experience with Jovana Lekovich at RMA of New York?
If you don’t care about personable care, you will be fine. If you are new to this process, another doctor with more time to communicate throughout the process may be a better fit
Bedside manner was very little to none existent. Rarely do you see the actual doctor. With the exception of the initial consultation, you’re in and out with appointments and they rarely take the time to explain what’s happening, why and the implications. My first round, I often felt in the dark and didn’t understand what was happening and when I should be happy or worried. Had very little idea of what success would look like. I would’ve appreciated more personable care. Sometimes I would go to appointments and the nurse would mention that I may be starting a certain protocol then no one would call me after to confirm or alter the exact instructions. I’d be left worried if I missed something.
I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve and my body didn’t respond well to the medications. It seemed as if my body matured about the same number of eggs with and without the medication. I didn’t feel like my protocol changed much throughout my 3 cycles but there may have been a reason for that. I’m not sure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Shanna and Alexandrya. I may have had some others as well)
They were responsive, especially over email. You don’t have the ability to call them directly. You must call the main line and ask for a call back. There were instances where nurse forgot to call me after appointments so I was left worried about my next protocol. There were also times when prescriptions were sent to wrong pharmacy (the incorrect pharmacy doesn’t even carry that drug) and then I was left scrambling last minute to find the medication the same day I needed to inject it. Also, after both my retrievals, I had issues with my recovery. One time was extended time of feeling really dizzy and lightheaded with movement. Another time, it was a period that lasted over two weeks when I’ve never experienced a prolonged period in my life. Both occasions, I had nurses tell me it was unrelated to my egg freezing and retrieval process and that I should go see my primary care doctor. I was incredibly disappointed by this as it constantly felt like after retrieval they didn’t want to be bothered with any recovery complications and just wanted to push me off on another doctor.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Front desk staff are nice and the nurses who draw your blood regularly are nice. Nice and clean offices. Prior feedback addresses the doctor and nurses specifically. Overall, I felt like a number not a patient and wished for better communication and bedside manner
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Monitoring hours were well run. They’re always a couple hours first thing in the morning and you’re given a time within that window so that they can manage the traffic. I was often late if they gave me a time too early, however they would still see me quickly as long as I arrived within the larger monitoring hours window
Most was covered by my insurance so not sure of overall costs.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?