LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

9.8
9.8

6.4
6.4

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

St. Louis - Missouri Baptist Med Center
3023 N. Ballas Road
St. Louis, MO 63131

2020, Consult
Dr. Omurtag was very knowledgeable about the process and straight forward about the complications that could arise and the cost associated with it. Overall it was a great experience...I was treated with respect and with kindness...No one "wants" to have to go thru fertility treatments, but if you are in the situation, you are in good hands with Dr. Omurtag. Ask a lot of questions because he has all the answers and explains it in a very easy way to understand.
It took a few months to get an appointment (virtually) [at Washington University School of Medicine], but it was worth the wait. Once we had the appointment, bloodwork and an ultrasound were scheduled within days and everything moved rather quickly. We were comfortable speaking to the nurses and staff and everyone seemed knowledgeable and friendly.
How was your experience with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
We had a virtual visit and didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being very informative and helpful. Dr. Omurtag was very knowledgeable about the process and straight forward about the complications that could arise and the cost associated with it. Overall it was a great experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine?
I was treated with respect and with kindness.
Describe the protocols Kenan Omurtag used in your cycles at Washington University School of Medicine and their degree of success.
We did not end up doing fertility treatment because we ended up testing negative for a genetic concern we had.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Washington University School of Medicine.
The nurses were all friendly and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
It took a few months to get an appointment (virtually), but it was worth the wait. Once we had the appointment, bloodwork and an ultrasound were scheduled within days and everything moved rather quickly. We were comfortable speaking to the nurses and staff and everyone seemed knowledgeable and friendly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenan Omurtag at Washington University School of Medicine.
The cost would be very high had we gone thru IVF due to the nature of what we trying to do (testing for a genetic mutation in an embryo).
St. Louis - Central West End

Dr. Omurtag was absolutely amazing & I would highly recommend him to anyone going through infertility. We couldn’t have asked for a better fertility doctor-from the very first consultation up until our follow-up appointment and everything in between. He wanted to get to know us as people, and it is so evident that he truly cares about his patients.
Single embryo transfer is what they recommended, and seem to recommend to most younger patients...She [Washington University nurse] never made me feel like I was driving her crazy with all my questions, or that any questions was a dumb question. She was always very thorough with instructions when I was going through my stimulation medicines and her communicating with me was absolutely amazing!
Go to Dr. Omurtag with no hesitations! :)
To Dr. Omurtag, I didn’t feel like a normal patient. He wanted to get to know us as people, not just patients of his.
We had male factor infertility. My husband had a TESE procedure done then I was put on STIM meds, we had our egg retrieval then our 5-day fresh transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy Shelton )
We absolutely loved our fertility nurse. She never made me feel like I was driving her crazy with all my questions, or that any questions was a dumb question. She was always very thorough with instructions when I was going through my stimulation medicines and her communicating with me was absolutely amazing!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
WashU Fertility Clinic is the best in the area. You won’t find a better clinic to assist with infertility issues. They all show so much love and compassion for their patients. From the ladies in the front office, ultrasound techs, the ladies in the lab, our surgical team, to the fertility doctors..all amazing!!
IVF is costly but WashU provided fertility financing options. We were made aware of the costs upfront so there were no hidden fees or surprises.
Describe Kenan Omurtag's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Washington University School of Medicine.

2022, Successful
Dr Omurtag was direct and personal in his communication. I had a complete understanding of the timeline, procedures, risks/benefits, providers involved in our case, etc. that we would encounter during our treatment...did a great job presenting relevant medical information regarding our treatment in a personal and professional manner...The providers at the clinic are very helpful so do not hesitate to ask questions especially if you do not have prior knowledge of fertility treatment...
My nurse [at Washington U Fertility], Kim was amazing! She was an incredible resource during treatment, quick to answer any questions, helpful in navigating resources for medications, and incredibly compassionate...The clinic was very prompt with appointments, easy to schedule with, friendly, clean, and resourceful...I was in contact with a variety of individuals during our treatment (i.e., ultrasound technicians, nurses, doctors, etc.) and every individual was kind and professional...
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Omurtag and the Wash U Fertility clinic. Dr Omurtag was direct and personal in his communication. I had a complete understanding of the timeline, procedures, risks/benefits, providers involved in our case, etc. that we would encounter during our treatment. I would strongly recommend Dr. Omurtag and his fellow practitioners to those seeing fertility treatment.
Dr. Omurtag did a great job presenting relevant medical information regarding our treatment in a personal and professional manner.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
My nurse, Kim was amazing! She was an incredible resource during treatment, quick to answer any questions, helpful in navigating resources for medications, and incredibly compassionate. She was one of the individuals I was looking forward to sharing the news of our sons birth.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The clinic was very prompt with appointments, easy to schedule with, friendly, clean, and resourceful. I would strongly recommend the Wash U fertility clinic to any individual. I was in contact with a variety of individuals during our treatment (i.e., ultrasound technicians, nurses, doctors, etc.) and every individual was kind and professional. We are incredibly thankful to have used Wash U and have recently celebrated the arrival of our son thanks to this team.
We paid out-of-pocket for fertility treatment.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Omurtag is a great teacher but understands he is not talking to medical students...was matter of fact, helping me to be confident in the path we were taking...took the time to answer questions and made sure I always understood the next steps...never felt rushed or had to wait beyond an hour or two for responses to my questions
Strengths [or Washington University School of Medicine]...was responsive, flexible appointments, comfortable, easy to find, empathetic, clean...Weaknesses... they were not close enough to where I live, but that is a personal problem...staff at WashU were FANTASTIC...responsive, knowledgeable, respectful, and compassionate people
Dr. Omurtag is a great teacher but understands he is not talking to medical students. He was matter of fact, helping me to be confident in the path we were taking. He took the time to answer questions and made sure I always understood the next steps.
He is a great doctor. You would be remiss not to request him as your physician.
The nursing staff and doctors answered all questions, exhibited empathy, and went above and beyond to make me feel like I was part of their family. I never felt rushed or had to wait beyond an hour or two for responses to my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kim and Jessie were the two nurses I spoke with the most.)
The staff at WashU were FANTASTIC. They have set a bar so high for quality of service. They were responsive, knowledgeable, respectful, and compassionate people. I trusted them wholeheartedly with what we were trying to do.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
Strengths: The strengths vastly outweigh the negatives. This clinic was responsive, flexible appointments, comfortable, easy to find, empathetic, clean Weaknesses: I only can identify one weakness, and that was they were not close enough to where I live, but that is a personal problem, not a them problem.
I was fortunate and had insurance coverage for all treatments.
2017 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Omurtag was professional, compassionate, and a doctor that we chose to return to to expand our family for a second successful treatment. After a miscarriage, Dr. Omurtag grieved with us and helped us develop next steps...Everyone at the clinic is kind and cares about your success. I always felt like a valued patient. While this was definitely a stressful time due to our anxiety of trying to conceive, the entire staff at the clinic made us feel much better about the process...
Everyone at the clinic [Washington University School of Medicine] is kind and cares about your success. I always felt like a valued patient. While this was definitely a stressful time due to our anxiety of trying to conceive, the entire staff at the clinic made us feel much better about the process...Dr. Omurtag took the time to meet with us, answer all questions, explain the process and likely outcomes, and made us feel normal...
Dr. Omurtag has helped us and several friends to conceive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Everyone that we worked with at Wash U was professional, kind, and helpful. Although it was a bit of a longer drive for us to get downtown, each experience was wonderful from the receptionist to the doctor to the nursing staff.
2017 - 2021, Successful
after meeting with him [Dr. Omurtag], I knew he had my best interest at heart and that he would exhaust every avenue to help me in my journey. He and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding...I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care...
Everyone [at Washington University School of Medicine] was supportive, encouraging, organized, understanding, and helpful. I never felt alone and was always included in communications about my care...He [Dr. Omurtag] and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding...I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care...
I was extremely impressed with Dr. Omurtag and his staff. Prior to coming to them, I was doubtful I would ever reach my goal of having children. However, after meeting with him, I knew he had my best interest at heart and that he would exhaust every avenue to help me in my journey. He and his staff are very organized, personable, caring, kind, and understanding. Thanks to them, I have two beautiful babies.
Trust the process.
I always felt informed and included on all aspects of my care. It was always comforting to know that I was a priority and that there was always a plan in terms of my care. I was never in doubt that I was receiving the best care.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
I can only talk about the strengths. Everyone was supportive, encouraging, organized, understanding, and helpful. I never felt alone and was always included in communications about my care. I would recommend them to anyone needing fertility assistance.
2016 - 2020, Successful
They [Washington University] are great at communicating with you, easy to get a hold of and very quick to respond to any messages. They handled IVF through the pandemic wonderfully. Patients need to know your provider might not do your actual retrieval or transfer, but they are all wonderful...He [Dr. Kenan Omurtag] was extremely honest and great with communication, especially with going through IVF during the pandemic. Would highly recommend him. He always puts the patient first and it's nice when he responds to questions personally...Always easy to get a hold of them. They were also very quick to return calls or messages... ..
He was extremely honest and great with communication, especially with going through IVF during the pandemic. Would highly recommend him. He always puts the patient first and it's nice when he responds to questions personally.
Trust your healthcare provider
Describe your experience with your nurse at Washington University School of Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy and Jessie)
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
They are great at communicating with you, easy to get a hold of and very quick to respond to any messages. They handled IVF through the pandemic wonderfully. Patients need to know your provider might not do your actual retrieval or transfer, but they are all wonderful.
St. Louis - Central West End
Dr. Omurtag was very compassionate and helpful. He took the time to answer all of our questions and concerns completely. He was available to answer questions when we needed it. We could really tell that he cared about us and cared about our outcome. We never felt as if we were "just another number."..
From start to finish, and even after treatment, the doctors and staff [of Washington University School of Medicine] are there for you. They are compassionate at all times and they celebrate your wins with you. They are very knowledgeable about all of the procedures and are honest about everything, including what your chances of conception are.
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
From start to finish, and even after treatment, the doctors and staff are there for you. They are compassionate at all times and they celebrate your wins with you. They are very knowledgeable about all of the procedures and are honest about everything, including what your chances of conception are.
St. Louis - Central West End
We absolutely love Dr. Omurtag. Our goal was his goal. We never felt rushed or unwelcome. Each visit was thoroughly explained. We couldn’t imagine our journey with anyone else...Communication and dedication exceeded expectations...Our plan was specific to us. We always had our questions answered immediately...Listen and do not be afraid to ask questions
The [Washington University School of Medicine] staff was wonderful all around. We were always treated with respect. Appointments were seen on time and the waiting area was very welcoming! We appreciated a calming atmosphere during our visits...Communication and dedication exceeded expectations. We absolutely love Dr. Omurtag. Our goal was his goal. We never felt rushed or unwelcome. Each visit was thoroughly explained. We couldn’t imagine our journey with anyone else!
Listen and do not be afraid to ask questions
Our plan was specific to us. We always had our questions answered immediately
Kathy and Jessie are each equally as amazing as the other!
Describe your experience with Washington University School of Medicine.
The staff was wonderful all around. We were always treated with respect. Appointments were seen on time and the waiting area was very welcoming! We appreciated a calming atmosphere during our visits!