6.7

Mount Sinai

Kenneth Gelman works in 1 office at

9900 Stirling Rd
Hollywood, FL 33024

Dr. G is the most caring IVF doctor you will ever have. Very professional, knowledgeable and a master of the craft. He will take you step by step in a very seamless/ transparent way and makes you feel comfortable. ... He and Aisliin (the nurse) always knew my name and remembered every detail of our last conversation visit. ... IVF is hard, painful and a process that nobody wants to be in. No one asked to be infertile but I can guarantee you, he is your best chance!
They [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are very organized, clean and welcoming. I don't feel they have any weakness except sometimes they might run behind with the appointments. But people are very nice, they have modern technology and the entire environment makes you feel welcome. ... Grethel [nurse] was amazing. Very organized, on top of everything and most importantly extremely caring.
How was your experience with Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. G is the most caring IVF doctor you will ever have. Very professional, knowledgeable and a master of the craft. He will take you step by step in a very seamless/ transparent way and makes you feel comfortable. IVF is hard, painful and a process that nobody wants to be in. No one asked to be infertile but I can guarantee you, he is your best chance! Love him, love the results and I wish he could deliver my babies.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He and Aisliin (the nurse) always knew my name and remembered every detail of our last conversation visit. That is phenomenal!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Grethel Sanchez)
Grethel was amazing. Very organized, on top of everything and most importantly extremely caring.
Describe your experience with IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are very organized, clean and welcoming. I don't feel they have any weakness except sometimes they might run behind with the appointments. But people are very nice, they have modern technology and the entire environment makes you feel welcome. They are very organized, clean and welcoming. I don't feel they have any weakness except sometimes they might run behind with the appointments. But people are very nice, they have modern technology and the entire environment makes you feel welcome.They are very organized, clean and welcoming. I don't feel they have any weakness except sometimes they might run behind with the appointments. But people are very nice, they have modern technology and the entire environment makes you feel welcome. They are very organized, clean and welcoming. I don't feel they have any weakness except sometimes they might run behind with the appointments. But people are very nice, they have modern technology and the entire environment makes you feel welcome.
Cooper City

[Dr. Kenneth Gelman] inspires confidence in the process...genuinely took the time to listen to me...has always been very objective, proffessional and understanding of my concerns. He has been available to answer questions for me when they came up, I trust him...the rationale [for treatment protocol] is to prepare your body for a pregnancy.
The facility [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is very up to date, clean and has very good hours of operation. Sometimes I would have to go very early like 7AM, before going to work, and that was a big plus...[Nurse] was always very prompt to answer questions I sent her via email...We paid over $9k for one cycle to the clinic, excluding medications.
Dr Gelman has always been very objective, proffessional and understanding of my concerns. He has been available to answer questions for me when they came up, I trust him. In this stressful process, he inpires confidence.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He inspires confidence in the process.
Dr Gelman genuinely took the time to listen to me.
Describe the protocols Kenneth Gelman used in your cycles at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The treatment was based on the administration of anticonceptive pills, luprolide injections and hormones estradiol and progesterone in the form of pills, patches and injection. The rationale is to prepare your body for a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jenny Galan)
She was always very prompt to answer questions I sent her via email.
The facility is very up to date, clean and has very good hours of operation. Sometimes I would have to go very early like 7AM, before going to work, and that was a big plus. My experience was very positive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kenneth Gelman at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We paid over $9k for one cycle to the clinic, excluding medications.
Describe Kenneth Gelman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Yes. The doctor's criteria is based in scientific evidence that multiple embryo transfer could be dangerous for the mother and can lead to a multiple pregnancy outcome that could be harmful for the babies too.
Cooper City
[Dr. Gelman] is honest, to the point, but at the same time sincere and kind. He won’t let you waste too much time on treatments that don’t work. He will make recommendations and point you in the direction to succeed...He gave me hope...I am currently 20 weeks pregnant with twin girls. I will forever be thankful and grateful to Dr. Gelman for his expertise and the time he dedicated treating me
[The staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] don't judge you and work together to make your dreams come true. Dr. Gelman will not give up on you. The clinic has early hours so it was easy to accommodate going there before work. The nurses also answer all your questions so you know where you stand with the treatment and what is next.
I was seeing Dr. Gelman for about 2 years. Very soon into my treatment I knew he was one of the best infertility doctors out there. He is honest, to the point, but at the same time sincere and kind. He won’t let you waste too much time on treatments that don’t work. He will make recommendations and point you in the direction to succeed. He never gave up on me. He gave me hope and every appointment was a step closer to fulfilling my dream. I am currently 20 weeks pregnant with twin girls. I will forever be thankful and grateful to Dr. Gelman for his expertise and the time he dedicated treating me. He is a reminder that hope still exists even when things seem impossible.
Trust him, you're in the best hands.
He was kind and honest.
They don't judge you and work together to make your dreams come true. Dr. Gelman will not give up on you. The clinic has early hours so it was easy to accommodate going there before work. The nurses also answer all your questions so you know where you stand with the treatment and what is next.
Cooper City
Dr. Gelman has a really great bedside manner...uses humor, which my husband and I love...truthful and informative...takes the time to answer all of your questions...makes you feel like an actual human...difficult at times to get a hold of him on the phone...had to call the office several times and email several people to get a call back from the doctor.
It’s a very busy clinic [IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]...everyone who works there is generally nice and caring...Some [nurses] are very nice and attentive, others treat you like just a number...When you call to make an appointment, typically you are placed on a waiting line just to talk to someone to make an appointment...difficult at times to get a hold of [Dr. Gelman].
Strengths include a great bedside manner and using humor. He truly takes the time to go over everything with you and answer your questions. He does not make you feel as though he’s in a rush. He makes you feel like an actual human. Weakness is that it is difficult at times to get a hold of him on the phone. I had to call the office several times and email several people to get a call back from the doctor.
Good luck!!! You’re in good hands
Dr. Gelman has a really great bedside manner. He is very truthful and informative. He takes the time to answer all of your questions. He also uses humor, which my husband and I love.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Some are very nice and attentive, others treat you like just a number.
At times it was difficult to get a hold of different people over the phone. When you call to make an appointment, typically you are placed on a waiting line just to talk to someone to make an appointment. It’s a very busy clinic. Strengths are that everyone who works there is generally nice and caring.

2023, Consult
Dr. Gelman explained my situation candidly and to the point...Strong communicator. He gave us the whole rundown. Only thing that stuck out was that he said that it was preferred that we collect semen samples at home whereas Anayasi, our financial coordinator, told us that it was to be collected at the clinic.
[IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] Operates on time and professionally. Communication was done via email and I felt like they didn't leave anything to fall through the cracks. Anayasi, who was assigned to me as my financial coordinator, reached out and asked for the documents that Dr Gelman asked me to send her. She reached out before I had the chance to email her myself...Great staff. No complaints.
Help them understand why you're asking specific questions about their health and how that information helps him determine a course of treatment.
Dr. Gelman explained my situation candidly and to the point.
Haven't gone through it yet. We will get to it later.
Great staff. No complaints.
$13K ballpark total
Didn't have that conversation yet.
What specific things went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Discrepancy about where/when the semen sample was to be collected.
2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
1 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
He [Dr Kenneth Gelman] listens. That’s his biggest strength...He heard and listened to everything I had to say. Appreciate him letting me try the different things I had researched about...However, after many failed cycles, I am disappointed that we kept doing the same things again and again. There was not much of a drastic change in treatments.
They [staff at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are very patient and kind...Short wait time. Very organized...failed to call with results of how many embryos made it to day 5. It was nerve racking wait to get in touch with someone the next day...on the expensive side and we have spent more than $80,000 through this process with nothing to show...I still have hope since we were recommended to start on donor eggs.
He listens. That’s his biggest strength. However, after many failed cycles, I am disappointed that we kept doing the same things again and again. There was not much of a drastic change in treatments.
Very prompt in responses.
Short wait time. Very organized. Could just have better results. Hopefully we will get there someday. I still have hope since we were recommended to start on donor eggs. However, be prepared and ready to ask questions. They are very patient and kind.
It was on the expensive side and we have spent more than $80,000 through this process with nothing to show for it :(
They failed to call with results of how many embryos made it to day 5. It was nerve racking wait to get in touch with someone the next day.
Miami

IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Gelman] is experienced and did provide the information and wealth of knowledge needed. Will it work? Too early to know. We will know when we have gone through the frozen embryo transfer or fresh transfer with him.... [IVF MD S. Fl Inst for Repro Med] Need more compassionate one on one care. It is not bad, but sometimes the wait times can be long! That can be improved. Also, the financial department can get better.
[IVF MD S. Fl Inst for Repro Med] Need more compassionate one on one care. It is not bad, but sometimes the wait times can be long! That can be improved. Also, the financial department can get better. They are not very responsive and don’t treat you as humans....they can have a more compassionate approach. But the best thing is that we can email them and hear back from them almost immediately.
He is experienced and did provide the information and wealth of knowledge needed. Will it work? Too early to know. We will know when we have gone through the frozen embryo transfer or fresh transfer with him.
Ask all the questions
The organization can be better. But definitely heard back via email almost immediately if I asked a question.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It did feel like a cattle call.
Around $13000 for a fresh IVF cycle.
As I mentioned before, they can have a more compassionate approach. But the best thing is that we can email them and hear back from them almost immediately.
Miami
He [Dr. Gelman] recommended us "single embryo transfer" since i have never been pregnant before and he didn't want to risk or take chances. Today. we feel so happy that we follow his advice...I am very sensitive person and patient. He was super patience, explained and understood my needs...We tried to conceive for three year when we were referred to Dr Gelman. As soon as we met with him, he was straight forward and told us we had to have IVF.
office staff [at IVFMD South Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] made the whole process feel normal...Grethel, Dylin and staff were absolutely AMAZING in this process!!!!! Couldn't have done it without them!...The clinic is clean, waiting rooms are clean and comfortable. Never felt uncomfortable. Appointment time is accurate! They really care for your time. If you need anything on an emergency basis during the weekends, they will be there.
We tried to conceive for three year when we were referred to Dr Gelman. As soon as we met with him, he was straight forward and told us we had to have IVF. Although, I was reluctant at first, he listened to me and we agreed to do IUI's. After 3 unsuccessful IUIs and lots of tests, biopsies, etc., my husband and I conceded to IVF, which resulted in a successful transfer and implantation over a couple of months. Our dream came true and we got pregnant on the first transfer! This is all thanks to his persistence, knowledge and patience. We will be forever grateful! He is the most gentle, sweet and professional doctor in the Cooper City Office of IVFMD!!, the BEST! On May 14, our beautiful baby boy was born!! My husband's advice is "Whatever Dr. Gelman recommends, you do it ! Don't waste your time and energy going against his recommendation. Trust his knowledge!" If live in the Broward County, or you can travel, do not hesitate to go and see him, he will help you make your dream come true! Thank you Dr. Gelman!!!!!! For such a sensitive subject, you and the office staff made the whole process feel normal.
Do what he recommends, eyes closed! His knowledge is what you need and you will have positive results!
25,000+
He recommended us "single embryo transfer" since i have never been pregnant before and he didn't want to risk or take chances. Today. we feel so happy that we follow his advice.