LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

U. of Virginia
U. of Virginia
Beth Israel Boston

Laura Smith works at

4100 Olympia Circle, Suite 201
Charlottesville, VA 22911

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
After 11 years of unexplained infertility Dr. Smith took the time to look at my records and listen to me. After my first visit she suspected endometriosis....She did my surgery less than a month later and sure enough I have moderate endometriosis.... She spotted my thyroid issue in my first visit from my prior records I brought. I had only been diagnosed a few months prior but my records indicated it was an issue for over 10 years. She also diagnosed my endometriosis and peformed surgery for it.
I favor Dr. Smith in the practice. I feel she understands me best. They [RMSC] are not pushy like other clinics who told me I needed IVF to get pregnant. They look for all possible issues and treat at a rate you are comfortable with. I chose endometriosis surgery and that helped me get pregnant naturally when another clinic told me IF I had that surgery wouldn't matter.... Ultrasound during treatment not covered by insurance were $175
How was your experience with Laura Smith at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Dr. Smith is amazing! She spotted my thyroid issue in my first visit from my prior records I brought. I had only been diagnosed a few months prior but my records indicated it was an issue for over 10 years. She also diagnosed my endometriosis and peformed surgery for it. That was also missed/ignored by 2 other clinics. She has called me personally multiples times to discuss my plan.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Smith at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
Make an appt ASAP! She is amazing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Smith at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA)?
After 11 years of unexplained infertility Dr. Smith took the time to look at my records and listen to me. After my first visit she suspected endometriosis. The doctors I saw in the past would blow me off when I brought this up. She did my surgery less than a month later and sure enough I have moderate endometriosis. I have gotten pregnant twice since then but unfortunately both resulted in MMC. She has been wondeful in working with me to find the cause.
Describe your experience with Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
I favor Dr. Smith in the practice. I feel she understands me best. They are not pushy like other clinics who told me I needed IVF to get pregnant. They look for all possible issues and treat at a rate you are comfortable with. I chose endometriosis surgery and that helped me get pregnant naturally when another clinic told me IF I had that surgery wouldn't matter.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Smith at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
Ultrasound during treatment not covered by insurance were $175
Laura Smith
Charlottesville

They [the nurses at Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Center of Virginia] definitely explained out everything to you. Even when you called about a question they walked you step by step. Excellent...I don’t have any weaknesses. Everything there was good. I have no complaints at all. Everyone went out there way to help you out no matter what. I would recommend this place to anyone and doctors as well....[Dr. Laura Smith] was the nicest doctor. She explained everything in details. She helped you out anyway she can. Every time I went to see her she was always upfront about everything. I would definitely recommend her...She would ask if you had questions and she would get you an answer...I had a dye test done twice and I found out that I have a blocked tube. Which I was wondering and glad I found out. I also did the injection shots and medicine.
I loved Dr.Smith! I really liked her a lot. She explained everything in details. She would ask if you had questions and she would get you an answer. The nurses are awesome as well. All the staff are nice. I just wished they would do later appointments for different things.
That she definitely knows what’s best for you in going through whatever treat you need.
Laura Smith, was the nicest doctor. She explained everything in details. She helped you out anyway she can. Every time I went to see her she was always upfront about everything. I would definitely recommend her.
Describe the protocols Laura Smith used in your cycles at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA) and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Virginia Fertility & IVF (FKA Reproductive Medicine & Surgery Center of VA).
They definitely explained out everything to you. Even when you called about a question they walked you step by step. Excellent
Everything was well explained, I don’t have any weaknesses. Everything there was good. I have no complaints at all. Everyone went out there way to help you out no matter what. I would recommend this place to anyone and doctors as well.
My insurance wouldn’t cover INF so that why I haven’t went through anymore
Laura Smith