6.6
6.6

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Leah Bressler works at

6730 McCrimmon Parkway
Cary, NC 27519

2023, Successful
Dr. Bressler still went above and beyond to call me directly with updated treatment plans, test results...was able to schedule an appointment with her directly whenever I had specific questions...is incredibly knowledgable, and also kind and caring...was both emotionally and medically supportive...news that I was pregnant, she cried tears of joy right along with us.
staff at Shady Grove are all incredibly personable, friendly, and supportive...have smiling faces cheering you on along the way, from the front desk staff, nurses, and PA...All of the nursing staff and the PA I saw throughout my visits were very friendly, knowledgeable, and supportive
How was your experience with Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
This was my first experience at a fertility clinic and I wasn't sure what to expect. I have heard from others that with most fertility clinics, you won't get to see or speak to the doctor very often and that you primarily communicate with nurses. While I did communicate with the nurse frequently, Dr. Bressler still went above and beyond to call me directly with updated treatment plans, test results, and I was able to schedule an appointment with her directly whenever I had specific questions. She is incredibly knowledgable, and also kind and caring. Throughout all of the difficult news I received during my treatment, she was both emotionally and medically supportive, and when we received the news that I was pregnant, she cried tears of joy right along with us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
Can't think of anything specific.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
Dr. Bressler is kind and compassionate. She always ensured that all of my questions were answered and it is clear that she genuinely cares about her patients and is rooting for the best outcome right alongside us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
The staff at Shady Grove are all incredibly personable, friendly, and supportive. When you are going through such emotionally difficult treatments, it helps to have smiling faces cheering you on along the way, from the front desk staff, nurses, and PA, to the doctors. Overall, my experience at this clinic was great and I would highly recommend them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
I am fortunate enough to have fertility coverage through my employer.

2022, Successful
3 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
[Dr. Leah Bressler] was very optimistic without giving me too much hope in scenarios where I was asking for advice and real expectations. Very thorough and helping me understand the next steps and what the plan was at all times. I very much appreciated her willingness to jump on the phone and to reach out to other teams to help her input regarding my health...trying to select for a child without CF, we were told always to transfer one single embryo.
The front desk [at UNC Fertility] sometimes doesn’t answer which is difficult, and if you were calling in to talk to the doctor sometimes I don’t think they receive those messages and they do better with utilizing the patient portal...I understood every step of the way and [nurse] help put me at ease at the most stressful points in the process. She probably email back, at night and even on the weekends.
How was your experience with Leah Bressler at UNC Fertility?
She was very optimistic without giving me too much hope in scenarios where I was asking for advice and real expectations. Very thorough and helping me understand the next steps and what the plan was at all times. I very much appreciated her willingness to jump on the phone and to reach out to other teams to help her input regarding my health.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Leah Bressler at UNC Fertility?
Not to hesitate to reach out.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Leah Bressler at UNC Fertility?
She emailed me back properly and was very eager to call and talk to me in person. She was very empathetic and understanding, I would definitely recommend her for other patients
Describe the protocols Leah Bressler used in your cycles at UNC Fertility and their degree of success.
Not sure if I have a relevant piece here, she mostly was involved with my transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at UNC Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Wendy, RN)
Wendy is an amazing nurse, I could not thank her enough for all of her care, she was a therapist, nurse, and an amazing communicator. I understood every step of the way and she help put me at ease at the most stressful points in the process. She probably email back, at night and even on the weekends.
Describe your experience with UNC Fertility.
The front desk sometimes doesn’t answer which is difficult, and if you were calling in to talk to the doctor sometimes I don’t think they receive those messages and they do better with utilizing the patient portal. They are finance team, Tina as incredible as well at reaching out to Insurance etc.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Leah Bressler at UNC Fertility.
Most was covered under our insurance, copays for medications and 250 for the entire retrieval and transfer rounds.
Describe Leah Bressler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at UNC Fertility.
Given that we did not have unknown and Fertility or any factors other than trying to select for a child without CF, we were told always to transfer one single embryo.
UNC Fertility
Raleigh
2024, Successful
Dr. Bressler impressed me when after having our consultation, I had gotten pregnant without intervention but was experiencing some early bleeding...That evening she called to touch base and answer any further questions I had. That small act of kindness and time out of her schedule made all the difference for a worried and scared first time mom-to-be
strengths of SGF is their communication as well as person-ability of the staff towards patients. I truly have no words of weaknesses or suggestions to them as they answered all my questions and walked me through some of the hardest times...nursing staff was friendly and extremely kind
How was your experience with Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
Dr. Bressler impressed me when after having our consultation, I had gotten pregnant without intervention but was experiencing some early bleeding. Naturally this was alarming and I was brought in the next day for an ultrasound. However this was not with Dr. Bressler. What impressed me and truly touched me was that later prior to the appointment she called me to check in and said she would be with a patient during that time but would check in again at a later time. That evening she called to touch base and answer any further questions I had. That small act of kindness and time out of her schedule made all the difference for a worried and scared first time mom-to-be.
Dr. Bressler treated our case with individuality as each situation varies and created a specific treatment plan based on what we had experienced. She was kind and sympathetic to the losses we had experienced.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
The nursing staff was friendly and extremely kind, even if we did not know them personally or had not formally met. They were happy when we were happy and were always very personable.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
The strengths of SGF is their communication as well as person-ability of the staff towards patients. I truly have no words of weaknesses or suggestions to them as they answered all my questions and walked me through some of the hardest times in my journey of trying to become a parent. I'm very grateful to them for that.

2023, Successful
LGBTQ+
[Dr. Leah Bressler] made sure we were always on the same page to keep things moving swiftly, as my partner and I were very eager to get pregnant. Each and every update was given by Dr. B by phone and she was always very compassionate...never treated my partner and I any differently than (I imagine) she would have a heterosexual couple
[Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas] only has strengths. I didn’t not have a single issue with any of the staff. Each person was extremely kind and caring. They all went above and beyond to make us feel like a priority...Wendy was my saving grace. She was there for me at every beck and call and only ever made me feel heard and seen
How was your experience with Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
Dr. B was able to get my partner and I in for our very first consultation very quickly. From there she made sure we were always on the same page to keep things moving swiftly, as my partner and I were very eager to get pregnant. Each and every update was given by Dr. B by phone and she was always very compassionate. I would recommend Dr. B to any and everyone.
Going into this process, I was not given any advice and even so I felt as though Dr. B was able to walk me hand in hand through everything. After a few failed IUIs she suggested other treatment options without me having to ask. I felt as though she never took advantage of our situation and only ever wanted the best of outcomes for my partner and I.
Dr. B personally reached out to me with any updates on all 4 of my cycles. She also saw me personally when I had bleeding very early on in my current pregnancy. I felt like a priority to her throughout the entire process.
How competent was Leah Bressler at LGBTQ+ care?
Dr. B never treated my partner and I any differently than (I imagine) she would have a heterosexual couple. She always included my wife in any updates and never made us feel any indifference.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
The entire staff at SGF are amazing but Wendy was my saving grace. She was there for me at every beck and call and only ever made me feel heard and seen. When I had concerns she would message/call me back instantly, even after hours a couple times. I had a lot of anxiety around my egg retrieval and she talked me through it & even held my hand as I went under. I truly feel as though Wendy was my guardian angel through the entire process.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
This clinic, in my opinion, only has strengths. I didn’t not have a single issue with any of the staff. Each person was extremely kind and caring. They all went above and beyond to make us feel like a priority.
2023 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Bressler looked at my case individually and gave me a more realistic picture of my chances of conceiving and carefully explained my options...ended up beating the odds and conceiving naturally...never made me feel pressured and always supported in my care decisions, checking in regularly to see if I had questions
SGF is a great clinic and I would definitely recommend it to anyone facing fertility struggles...Kia and Jackie were so quick to respond to questions and always very compassionate...wanted to try naturally she helped me find the correct dosage for my HRT and recommended supplements
How was your experience with Leah Bressler at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas?
Dr. Bressler looked at my case individually and gave me a more realistic picture of my chances of conceiving and carefully explained my options. She never made me feel pressured and always supported in my care decisions, checking in regularly to see if I had questions or need anything along the way. When we ended up beating the odds and conceiving naturally, I could tell she was so excited for me and my family.
Don't wait, if you are questioning your care switch not to Dr. Bressler. You won't regret it.
Dr. Bressler and the staff at SGF have been so wonderful during our fertility journey. We were previously at another local clinic, where to be honest we didn't realize how bad it was until our wonderful first meeting with Dr. Bressler and the follow up care we received. Dr. Bressler really took time to examine my particular circumstances and provided insightful and compassionate council vs a blanketed assessment based on a text book diagnosis. I believe that her care in assessing my situation as an individual played a major role in my positive outcome. I hope that all who face fertility challenges get to receive the type of wonderful care that I (and my family) did, and can't recommend Dr. Bressler and SGF enough!
Describe the protocols Leah Bressler used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas and their degree of success.
For my diagnosis my options were to pursue donor egg IVF or to try naturally understanding there was only about a 10% chance given my labs. When I wanted to try naturally she helped me find the correct dosage for my HRT and recommended supplements and throughly explained possible side effects. At my previous clinic I was told my only option was donor egg IVF and that my case was pretty much hopeless.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas. (Assigned nurse: Ellie)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Carolinas.
SGF is a great clinic and I would definitely recommend it to anyone facing fertility struggles. SGF is a great clinic and I would definitely recommend it to anyone facing fertility struggles. SGF is a great clinic and I would definitely recommend it to anyone facing fertility struggles.