5.2
5.2

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Northwestern
UCSD
UCSF

Lorna Marshall works in 1 office at

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Dr. Marshall answered all our questions in a way that we understand. She is very caring and I can feel her concern for us...I pushed for a test to see why I miscarried on the 1st transfer. [she] explained how the test would really not help me but left the decision to me...[she] suggested we do a Progesterone blood test prior to my 2nd transfer and added a vaginal suppository twice a day. It worked...She is very honest with what will work for my situation and doesn't recommend tests that are just waste of time and money.
[nurses of Pacific NW Fertility] Very professional and timely in their response...they care for their patients and when they give me personal instruction, they make sure it's printed on a paper and they still respond to my emails...[clinic] They also have excellent response to COVID, only 3 patients in the lobby during my appointment...[cost]With insurance about $20,000 not including medicine but including genetic testing
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
My experience was great, I pushed for a test to see why I miscarried on the 1st transfer. Dr. Marshall explained how the test would really not help me but left the decision to me. She is very honest with what will work for my situation and doesn't recommend tests that are just waste of time and money.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
List all your questions and your partner's question prior to your appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Marshall answered all our questions in a way that we understand. She is very caring and I can feel her concern for us. Her team is very professional but human!
Describe the protocols Lorna Marshall used in your cycles at Pacific NW Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Marshall suggested we do a Progesterone blood test prior to my 2nd transfer and added a vaginal suppository twice a day. It worked! Turned out my body was not absorbing all the PIO shots and I need more help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Emma and Brenna)
Very professional and timely in their response. Emily and Brenna are the best, when I send an email in the morning, I get a response in 2-3hours. I know they care for their patients and when they give me personal instruction, they make sure it's printed on a paper and they still respond to my emails.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
My husband who works for a hospital was impressed and he said PNWF is like a well-oiled-machine. They also have excellent response to COVID, only 3 patients in the lobby during my appointment, they temperature-scanned everyone that gets in.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility.
With insurance about $20,000 not including medicine but including genetic testing. Insurance helped me pay but it did not pay for everything.
Describe Lorna Marshall's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Pacific NW Fertility.
PNWF will only transfer One embryo for a healthier pregnancy.

2016 - 2020, Successful
I was stuck on one treatment that I had in mind, but she [Dr. Lorna Marshall] helped me to see there are other paths...We started with IVF and it was a standard cycle. We used injections...After that we moved onto IUI. The first round had no injections, after that round we started injections. Each round became more refined. Dr. Marshall was very careful with medications and did not want to give too many at once, so she altered cycles as we went. The last two cycles had the injections and progesterone supplements, I believe. The 5th round was successful.
All staff [at Pacific NW Fertility] was very helpful. Our main care coordinator help keep us organized because we lived out of town. They communicated well and we were able to have successful treatment with little traveling...They have awesome financial counselors that helped provide the information before we even started...It feels very private and welcoming. Infertility is hard to deal with and the clinic helps in so many ways. I also love that they have a restroom right when you get off the elevator. Women in treatment often need that right away. The clinic was always clean and has fresh bouquets all of the time. Made the clinic very cheery.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Dr. Marshall was always open and compassionate. My husband and I really wanted a biological child. He had infertility, but through IVF there was a slight chance of success. Dr. Marshall was very honest about our odds. We did IVF, and it did not end in our favor. Dr. Marshall was very compassionate in helping us deal with our loss, and gave us other options we could look at when we were ready. There was no pressure and we felt very supported. We chose another route and now have a 2 year old we love dearly. As a patient I was taken care of and felt valued and heard.
Listen to all advice she has to offer. I was stuck on one treatment that I had in mind, but she helped me to see there are other paths. Thanks to Dr. Marshall we now have a family we always wanted.
Dr. Marshall always made time to speak with us and help us through this difficult time. She also made sure all our visits were thorough because we were traveling from 3 hours away, she tried to save us unnecessary return trips.
We started with IVF and it was a standard cycle. We used injections. I do not recall more than that. After that we moved onto IUI. The first round had no injections, after that round we started injections. Each round became more refined. Dr. Marshall was very careful with medications and did not want to give too many at once, so she altered cycles as we went. The last two cycles had the injections and progesterone supplements, I believe. The 5th round was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette Sharman)
All staff was very helpful. Our main care coordinator help keep us organized because we lived out of town. They communicated well and we were able to have successful treatment with little traveling.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
Pacific Northwest Fertility is in a great location. It feels very private and welcoming. Infertility is hard to deal with and the clinic helps in so many ways. I also love that they have a restroom right when you get off the elevator. Women in treatment often need that right away. The clinic was always clean and has fresh bouquets all of the time. Made the clinic very cheery.
I honestly don't remember the details. They have awesome financial counselors that helped provide the information before we even started.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
There was only one instance where a fax was lodged under paperwork. We live out of town and had blood work done locally. When the fax went through it got stuck to another paper. It was an honest mistake and our results were only delayed from a late afternoon to the next morning. We totally understood, but I wanted to be honest in this response. All tests and blood work done in the clinic had no issues. It was our circumstance of living 3 hours away.
2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
3 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Marshall was always very calm and clear about next steps. This was helpful because there is a lot going on and a lot to remember. She always made herself avail and I felt like we had her full attention and care, even though I imagine she seems many patients...I did three rounds of retrievals and from what I understand it was the standard cycle for all three. I don't remember adjusting anything to get different results. There was a time at the end when the progesterone shots were really painful, so Yvette recommended lidocaine patches and they helped numb my butt.
Yvette [nurse at Pacific NW Fertility] is an angel! I am forever grateful for Yvette and Dr. Marshall for their care. I appreciated the check in emails and calls with each procedure, and really felt like I was their only patient...I haven't' been to other clinics so i don't know how else it's different, but I thought the clinic was set up and easy to work with. They also always called back promptly, which was nice. Billing was easy to work with as well and always avail with an open door for questions.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
Meet with her first. If you like her, go with her. i would absolutely recommend it. If not, then move onto someone else. The treatment and relationship is something you need to have full confidence in from day 1.
Dr. Marshall and her team of nurses, including Yvette, made sure to check in during appts even when it was routine and not necessary for them to touch base. However, they made sure they popped in to say hello and offer encouragement along the way. It's the little things that really count!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Yvette, and then Emily and Brenna)
Yvette is an angel! I am forever grateful for Yvette and Dr. Marshall for their care. I appreciated the check in emails and calls with each procedure, and really felt like I was their only patient. That's how good their communication is with their patients! Also when I needed some adjustments with needle size as well as pain management, they were quick to help.
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
I think it was about $10-15k per egg retrieval cycle, just for the appts (not including medications). I was fortunate to have Livestrong and Walgreens sponsor my medications because the reason for the retrieval was a cancer diagnosis. I also pay $400 for embryo storage.
Because we had run PGS on the embryos and knew they were viable, the recommendation was to transfer only one since it had a better chance of taking.
LGBTQ+

LGBTQ+
She [Dr. Marshall] is clear in explaining her process, but there is little room for a patient to work with her on your plan of care. She is also quite defensive when questions are asked, as if she is offended. Overall, I felt pretty disheartened by our meeting together. ... She has obviously been working in the field for a long time. Our consultation was clear and direct, but when I ask any clarifying questions she appeared defensive, like it wasn't my job to speak up and ask questions.
It [Pacific NW Fertility] is a top notch clinic, with great outcomes. It was always clean and professional. It was also extremely expensive. Sometimes it was hard to figure out the chain of communication and hard to get a direct line to anyone. ... Chelsea was amazing. She has a great way of explaining options and including a personal communication style with research. We stayed at the clinic for her services and were sad to leave her when we transferred care.
How was your experience with Lorna Marshall at Pacific NW Fertility?
She is clear in explaining her process, but there is little room for a patient to work with her on your plan of care. She is also quite defensive when questions are asked, as if she is offended. Overall, I felt pretty disheartened by our meeting together.
If you want to just have someone take the wheel, this is your doctor. If you want to explore options with a doctor, she is probably not the best fit. However, her nurses are incredible and you won't see her much, so it could be a good fit for some folx.
We did a consultation for IVF and she managed our IUI inseminations using Letrozole. She planned our IVF cycle with only PGS testing embryos. The clinic does not do, as far as I can tell, any fresh transfers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Pacific NW Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Chelsea Reed)
Describe your experience with Pacific NW Fertility.
It is a top notch clinic, with great outcomes. It was always clean and professional. It was also extremely expensive. Sometimes it was hard to figure out the chain of communication and hard to get a direct line to anyone.
It was about $300 for an IVF consultation, however IVF for one retrieval was quoted at just over 30K, with no discounts for self-pay clients. They also looked flabbergasted when we asked for an LGBTQ grants.
What specific things went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Pacific NW Fertility.
For some reason only part of my medical record was sent to the new clinic when we changed providers.