LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

6.2
6.2

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Royal College of Surgeons (Ireland)
Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai

Lucky Sekhon works in 2 offices at

594 Broadway, Suite 1101
NY - Mount Sinai
5 East 98th St., 2nd Floor

2021, Successful
She [Dr. Sekhon] is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands...She was easily accessible by email and phone...While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings...She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator...
Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA [of New York], while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner...The clinic was not always helpful in coordinating care with Pharmacy. I had the most challenges with the RN assigned to my care...She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present....
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is an excellent doctor. She is clearly an expert in the field, but what sets her apart is that she is an excellent communicator. She is able to answer questions in a way the patient understands. While there were some hiccups with the Nurse and the Clinic, I felt Dr. Sekhon made up for their shortcomings. She was easily accessible by email and phone. I highly recommend Dr. Sekhon as a doctor. She is has the perfect blend of experience and warmth while also being a superb communicator.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I would have liked to have all appointments with Dr. Sekhon.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon answered all of the questions I had in a very timely manner. She was also very kind in dealing with my numerous questions.
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
I had a standard IVF process, where I took medication in preparation for the egg retrieval, had egg retrieval and the next cycle had 5-day frozen embryo transplant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie )
While Dr. Sekhon was amazing, I did not have the same experience with her Nurse, Connie. She was not aware of my specific treatment plan. For instance, initially she thought I was getting a IUI when I needed to be prepped for IVF. She corrected herself right away after I reminded her but overall it did not feel like she was present. She was the only who called with my blood results, and those calls felt very rushed. I did not often get to ask follow up questions (which was OK I guess because I emailed those to Dr. Sekhon and she got back to me within the same day (if not within hrs!))
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength: fast and convenient Weakness: I saw the medical assistance for blood draw the most, since they were in such a hurry the care did not feel personalized. I felt more like a factory (which I guess is the cost of being fast, but I wonder if there could be some balance because I spent more time with the medical assistants who drew my blood). Not all of the doctors were alike at RMA, while I love my doctor Dr. Sekhon, I did not feel the other doctors had the same bed side manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
I paid for co-pays for each ultrasound/blood retrieval ($20/visit), anesthesia for egg retrieval, and co-pays for medication.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon makes herself available, anytime. I emailed her whenever I had a concern & she was quick to reply or she had my IVF nurse call me. She validated my feelings & shared her own experiences with me...The initial plan was to be as minimally invasive as possible, so we started with monitored letrozole, ovidrel & timed intercourse. After a couple of failed rounds the plan was to further examine my uterus & ovaries. All of this was explained before the rounds letrozole.
[the RMA of NY staff] were extremely organized, coordinated & excellent communicators. The technology they implemented to help maintain all of their protocols was very helpful. Partners weren't allowed to accompany patients, which was hard, but we completely understood & they did their best to make us comfortable. All of the staff was just lovely. They were always calm & patient. I loved that they played "real" music via their Sonos system in the waiting room--so much better than elevator music & it kept me calm. Rarely was the team behind schedul
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I wish I had Lucky in my life sooner--as early as my teen years! (Although that wouldve been impossible as were about the same age!) Not only was she able to help us get pregnant but she improved my quality of life. I was a long time sufferer from PCOS plus uterine fibroids--but I didn't know how bad they had gotten until Lucky & her colleague Leigh Rosen explained everything to me. I didn't know how much my fibroids & PCOS had been monopolizing my every day. I felt truly cared for, Lucky was not just treating my symptoms (as many doctors have in the past...), she was treating the causes. I felt like I was speaking to a caring friend. She made me feel comfortable in a way that I haven't felt about other physicians. She is knowledgeable & truly cares about sharing information. Lucky changed my life & I'll never forget that.
Lucky is incredibly high functioning & she'll get you the answers that you're looking. Don't go "down the rabbit hole" of the internet to try to figure things out on your own, reach out to Lucky instead. She will listen to you. Be your own advocate--it's ok to confirm next steps, to re-confirm information & to remind Lucky about some of the details of your case. The fertility journey is intense. Take notes before & during your visit. Write down questions ahead of time so that you don't forget to ask them when you have time with Lucky. Take notes so that you can review them after your appointment & feel free to email follow up questions to Lucky or your IVF nurse. Sometimes it will feel like you're getting a deluge of information & it's ok to take the time to process all of it.
Dr. Sekhon makes herself available, anytime. I emailed her whenever I had a concern & she was quick to reply or she had my IVF nurse call me. She validated my feelings & shared her own experiences with me, when I started to feel crazy. She encouraged me to reach out to her instead of attempting to do my own research. I often felt like I was the only one in her care, especially as she advised us on everything from next steps to surgery to the Covid vaccines.
My treatment strategies were very dependent on my diagnosis of uterine fibroids, PCOS & my age. I had ovulation challenges due to my diagnosis. The initial plan was to be as minimally invasive as possible, so we started with monitored letrozole, ovidrel & timed intercourse. After a couple of failed rounds the plan was to further examine my uterus & ovaries. All of this was explained before the rounds letrozole. My fibroids required an adominal myomectomy (after an MRI indicated that I had about 25 fibroids of varying sizes, one being quite large), so a major surgery& recovery time had to be factored into our treatment. We landed on IVF, based on Lucky's guidance around our best chances of becoming pregnant. & to preserve our fertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Constance "Connie" Schmidt)
Connie was awesome. She called after every appointment & followed up with an email after the call. The email summarized everything we talked about plus any instructions that we discussed, in terms of treatment, medications, administerings meds, etc. Sometimes Connie had to deliver not so great news, if Lucky couldn't get back to us right away & she was alwasy compassionate & patient. Connie is very knowledgeable & she would be quick to offer tips & tricks to help make something easier. I never felt rushed on the phone or via email. It was truly a team effort & we were lucky to have Connie on our team too.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We started visiting RMA in April of 2020 & throughout the pandemic. It was intense, but all of the precautions that the clinic took to keep their patients & staff safe, comfortable & healthy were impressive. They were extremely organized, coordinated & excellent communicators. The technology they implemented to help maintain all of their protocols was very helpful. Partners weren't allowed to accompany patients, which was hard, but we completely understood & they did their best to make us comfortable. All of the staff was just lovely. They were always calm & patient. I loved that they played "real" music via their Sonos system in the waiting room--so much better than elevator music & it kept me calm. Rarely was the team behind schedule. Rarely was the waiting room crowded--I felt comfortable & socially distanced. I've heard nightmare stories about other clinics... we were so grateful that we were with RMA.
Thanks to our insurance & the RMA Finance team, our appointments, IVF procedures & most of our medications were covered by our insurance & our $25k lifetime maximum for fertility treatments. We paid out of pocket for the genetic testing of our embryos. We were not charged for meeting with Rena Gower, the clinic's therapist (this was a service that we found very helpful).
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
Lucky advised that transferring one embryo is a best practice, as multiples are considered high-risk. In order to ensure our best chances for a healthy pregnancy, delivery & baby, a single embryo transfer was best for us.
2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon was one of the most empathetic, supportive doctors I’ve ever had the pleasure to see. She followed up and answered questions personally and never made me feel like a bother. She is frank and honest and didn’t treat me like just a “patient.”...incredibly knowledgeable, flexible and open to what her patients are comfortable with...she didn’t push us to move faster than we were comfortable with. I felt supported and that she was truly in our corner and wanting our treatment to succeed on a personal level...
RMA is a well oiled machine. I didn’t wait too long for screenings and scans and always got through to a clinical person if I had questions. Scheduling was challenging because I preferred the west side office and often had to call to change my monitoring because they scheduled me elsewhere, but otherwise my experience was very positive. It is a very busy practice...Dr Sekhon’s nurse Connie was fantastic, always answered my questions and was compassionate while I was going through a very stressful time...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is incredibly knowledgeable, flexible and open to what her patients are comfortable with. We weren’t ready to jump into IVF so we did many IUI cycles, and she didn’t push us to move faster than we were comfortable with. I felt supported and that she was truly in our corner and wanting our treatment to succeed on a personal level. I also trusted her advice fully because she was very straightforward and explained everything in a way I could understand.
Be honest about your own comfort level and she will work with you. And trust her advice!
My first two cycles of IVF were cancelled because of low egg count. We switched protocols from the first to second, taking a more aggressive approach, which I did not respond well to, then switched again on the third round, which led to a transfer and ultimately a miscarriage. My fourth cycle was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie Schmidt)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
We transferred two fresh embryos, which Dr. Sekhon recommended and i agreed with.
LGBTQ+
LGBTQ+
Because we were transferring frozen embryos and had had one previous successful pregnancy, this round seemed pretty straight-forward. Dr. Sekhon was also straight-forward in her communication...originally planed to each do co-IVF, but we learned in our first consultation that I had low ovarian reserve and that I was not a good candidate for IVF...had my wife do two retrievals, resulting in 8 healthy embryos, which we froze until we were ready to transfer.
This clinic [RMA of New York] is very organized and runs very smoothly. The staff is very professional and competent. In both of my transfer experiences I felt that the course of the full treatment was never explained to me, so I didn't know what to expect. The second time around, I had a memory of the first time, but this didn't help with my anxiety...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Because we were transferring frozen embryos and had had one previous successful pregnancy, this round seemed pretty straight-forward. Dr. Sekhon was also straight-forward in her communication. I had more of an experience with Dr. Davis, who is no longer with the practice. He was extremely warm and comforting. He handled my wife's two retrievals and my first embryo transfer.
Dr. Sekhon took over for Dr. Davis. We originally planed to each do co-IVF, but we learned in our first consultation that I had low ovarian reserve and that I was not a good candidate for IVF. We think had my wife do two retrievals, resulting in 8 healthy embryos, which we froze until we were ready to transfer. Dr. Davis transfered the first embryo, which was a success. Dr. Sekhon transfered the second, which was a success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
The nurses were helpful with the medication calls and when I had a COVID scare/false alarm. Jennifer Needle was very helpful with coordinating my care and with answering my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic is very organized and runs very smoothly. The staff is very professional and competent. In both of my transfer experiences I felt that the course of the full treatment was never explained to me, so I didn't know what to expect. The second time around, I had a memory of the first time, but this didn't help with my anxiety. The first time, no one told me to start taking prenatal vitamins, for example, until it was casually mentioned before the transfer (assuming I had already started). The same happened when it was time to schedule with the OB, no one told me when it was time to do that, which was a problem the first time around.
We did single embryo transfers each time because we fortunately had very high quality embryos to choose from.
LGBTQ+ Care

Dr. Sekhon was always fully present whenever I was meeting or speaking with her, and made herself available via phone/email as often as needed - she was always completely informed and recalled every single detail of my specific case and never made me feel like a number...The best doctor I have ever had, hands down, of any kind! I don't wish for anyone to undergo/need this type of treatment but if you do....she's the absolute best! I recommend her completely and without hesitation
[RMA of New York] Pros: Truly incredible, caring, patient, compassionate staff! Felt cared for by not just Dr. Sekhon and Connie but by all of the doctors, nurses, and other staff...Very clear instructions and explanations of the entire process. Con: Scheduling for morning monitoring! Because of covid, morning monitoring happened with appointment slots instead of first-come, first-serve.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
The best doctor I have ever had, hands down, of any kind! I don't wish for anyone to undergo/need this type of treatment but if you do....she's the absolute best! I recommend her completely and without hesitation.
Don't be afraid to ask questions...while the whole process can feel agonizingly slow at times, the moments with the doctor can feel like they speed by, so it can help to write down questions in advance of appointments...and/or don't hesitate to reach out to her or the office with questions in between appointments if needed!
Dr. Sekhon was always fully present whenever I was meeting or speaking with her, and made herself available via phone/email as often as needed - she was always completely informed and recalled every single detail of my specific case and never made me feel like a number.!
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie)
Loved working with Connie! She is so laid-back and reassuring while also being totally informed and on top of things.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Pros: Truly incredible, caring, patient, compassionate staff! Felt cared for by not just Dr. Sekhon and Connie but by all of the doctors, nurses, and other staff in the practice that I came into contact with (special shoutout to Kym and Jennifer Needle!). Very clear instructions and explanations of the entire process. Con: Scheduling for morning monitoring! Because of covid, morning monitoring happened with appointment slots instead of first-come, first-serve. This had pros and cons but on multiple occasions I either (a) did not receive an automated email to come in for an appointment when I was supposed to, or (b) received an appointment for a different time or location than I had requested, both of which created a lot of (what I perceived to be unnecessary) stress.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
As outlined in previous section - could get a little competitive with other patients to get in the door/to get first in line, even with specific scheduled slots!
$$$$
NY - Downtown

Dr. Sekhon always provided me with individualized care. She made sure to answer my e-mails (A LOT) on a timely basis, and calmed me down, when needed...she did change my dose of estrogen prior to transfer and during transfer to the last dose being vaginally (rather than orally) to increase my levels. This seemed to work and be a more aggressive approach for me..
The e-mails regarding medications to take are sometimes automated and may cause confusion...The [RMA of NY] clinic was not always timely in returning calls. When I called after hours, it would sometimes take a day or so to receive a call back from a nurse. The waiting room on Madison avenue may seem really busy, but they are efficient in getting you in and out of the door, especially when you are rushed in the mornings..
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon always responded to e-mails and made sure to address all of mine and my husband's questions and concerns. She was knowledgable, and always showed compassion and care. I can't even elaborate on how much of a gem she truly has been through this whole process, other than we were SUPER lucky and fortunate to have had the chance to work with her and her team.
She truly means what she says-if you are feeling anxious about something, listen to what she says. She is knowledgable and understands what you are going through, even if it may not be the answer you specifically want to hear.
As someone with a lot of anxiety, Dr. Sekhon always provided me with individualized care. She made sure to answer my e-mails (A LOT) on a timely basis, and calmed me down, when needed. She was patient, and truly showed that she cared.
There was not a specific "protocol" that I think she used, but, she did change my dose of estrogen prior to transfer and during transfer to the last dose being vaginally (rather than orally) to increase my levels. This seemed to work and be a more aggressive approach for me.
Connie was a gem to work with, also. If Dr. Sekhon was not available, she would answer my questions or concerns in a timely manner. She made sure to make me feel comfortable, and did not make me feel as if I was bombarding her (although, I definitely was). She understood my background and my neurotic tendencies, and was always a helping hand.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic was not always timely in returning calls. When I called after hours, it would sometimes take a day or so to receive a call back from a nurse. The waiting room on Madison avenue may seem really busy, but they are efficient in getting you in and out of the door, especially when you are rushed in the mornings. The downtown location is better in that there are less people, and you do not feel as overwhelmed. There are some doctors who I saw during monitoring that I did not have the best experiences with, but, Dr. Sekhon made sure that I only saw the doctors I felt comfortable with if she could not see me. Some of these doctors really did not take time to glance at your file and made you feel as if you are just another person walking through the door.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The e-mails regarding medications to take are sometimes automated and may cause confusion. For example, I was told by my nurse and doctor to take 2 pills of estrogen orally and 1 pill vaginally-the automated e-mail fills in to take all 3 pills orally, so I needed to double check that frequently.
NY - Downtown

Dr. Sekhon treated me as I was an individual. She wasn't just going through the checklist. She managed my side effects in a real way and did not brush them off as "expected" or "temporary". She remembered every personal detail i shared and she always checked in on my family in between cycles and visits...She treated me and my partner with a whole human approach and talked us through every single step
The [RMA of NY] clinic is very well organized. I think COVID-19 actually made them more efficient and organized. My one negative used to be the mass of people waiting for monitoring. But due to COVID-19, they moved to timed monitoring and it was seamless. I appreciate that every patient has a team - doctor, nurse, IVF coordinator and financial coordinator. Their lab and the medical assistants are wonderful. They listen to my preference of vein and trusted my life experience of what would work.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon treated me as I was an individual. She wasn't just going through the checklist. She managed my side effects in a real way and did not brush them off as "expected" or "temporary". She remembered every personal detail i shared and she always checked in on my family in between cycles and visits. Starting IVF in the middle of a global pandemic is exceptionally hard, but she made the time to schedule telehealth visits and phone calls often to check in about everything. I trust her implicitly. I would recommend her to my nearest and dearest friends.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. When she says to email questions, no matter how small, do it. She will always respond.
Dr. Sekhon spoke to me like I was an individual person. She never just did the standard or textbook approach. She treated me and my partner with a whole human approach and talked us through every single step. She never let a day pass without replying to an email -with the smallest or biggest questions. She remembered every personal detail I ever shared. When my mother in law passed away she emailed me immediately to express her condolences and ensured my appointments would be change to match my needs but not delay treatment.
Our original plan was to do 3 IUI cycles and then move on to IVF. Due to insurance reasons and covid-19, we ended up doing 6 IUIs and 2 medicated timed cycles. None resulted in a pregnancy. I did 2 egg retrievals (+ 1 attempted that was canceled due to lack of response). We decided to do PGT testing for embryos due to my age. My frozen transfer of a day 5 embryo resulted in my current active pregnancy.
My primary nurse, Connie, has been wonderful. Always calling with results in a timely fashion, responds to emails and has guided me through the whole process in a safe way.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very well organized. I think COVID-19 actually made them more efficient and organized. My one negative used to be the mass of people waiting for monitoring. But due to COVID-19, they moved to timed monitoring and it was seamless. I appreciate that every patient has a team - doctor, nurse, IVF coordinator and financial coordinator. Their lab and the medical assistants are wonderful. They listen to my preference of vein and trusted my life experience of what would work.
insurance covered all of my treatment, I was only responsible for copays
NY - Downtown
Dr. Sekhon is fantastic. She is so knowledgable and I really appreciated how she always stuck to the science. She was honest about what treatments would help vs. not move the needle. She was incredibly responsive over email, and I had many questions...She was incredibly attentive to mental health...She is proactive in getting you the best treatment
RMA really runs like a well oiled machine...The lab is great, I always got my results so fast. Their surgical facility at 635 Madison is excellent. There were times when I had to call the office to remind them to put me on the monitoring schedule...The finance department can be a weakness. We really struggled to set up our billing through WIN Fertility and are still not sure how much/where to send our outstanding balance.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon really focuses on treating you AND your spouse. She always has in mind that you are in this together and she makes sure to include you both. She explains everything that is going to happen and it always made me feel at ease. She is proactive in getting you the best treatment, for example when she noticed an abnormally high HcG she tracked it closely and then referred me to another practice to investigate further; the referred doctor was also phenomenal. She remembers everything and is incredibly sensitive. I was extremely nervous to be pregnant after a loss and she was happy to let me keep coming for extra visits even when it was time to be discharged. She had her own baby in the middle of my treatment and I hardly noticed; she works incredibly hard for all of her patients. Despite everything during COVID, she did not let this slow us down towards reaching our goal. She had excellent advice about the Vaccine, and her understanding of the science and ability to explain it really made a difference. Infertility is a rough journey but she really made me feel like I was in the best possible hands.
You made an excellent choice. Listen to your doctor!
Dr. Sekhon is fantastic. She is so knowledgable and I really appreciated how she always stuck to the science. She was honest about what treatments would help vs. not move the needle. She was incredibly responsive over email, and I had many questions. She encouraged me to go have fun and enjoy vacation even when I was worried about doing so. She was incredibly attentive to mental health. She guided us through pregnancy loss and then starting cycles again. She fully understands and appreciates the urgency of a patient wanting to start trying again. She was patient with us when we talked about our concerns with IVF and helped us think through potential solutions. I really felt like she was really hoping for our success the entire time and it made all the difference.
We started with diagnostic, and we found I had 1 blocked tube. I also had many symptoms of PCOS, though it is hard to 100% confirm. I was not naturally ovulating and regularly and my cycles were incredibly irregular. We started on Clomid + Ovidril as a trigger shot and scheduled intercourse. After a couple cycles we increased my dosage because the follicles were not growing enough. After 3 cycles we discussed IVF, but decided to do IUI instead. This was our choice - not because it was really required for any male factor infertility. We got pregnant on our first IUI which was our 4th cycle. At week 7/8 we had a loss. Dr. Sekhon diagnosed this and performed the D&C. My HcG remained elevated and so she performed a saline sono that helped dislodge retained tissue (and avoid another surgery for me). The loss was due to a trisomy so there was no change in strategy needed. We started cycles again and went straight to Clomid + Oviril + IUI because we decided if it was successful the first time we should stick with it. We discussed IVF and when would be the right time, but ultimately did not need it bc we got pregnant on our 3rd cycle after the loss.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Constance (Connie) Schmidt)
The nurse was great, she answered all my questions and was always helpful in moving or rescheduling appointments and following up with me. You can tell she is in constant communication with Dr. Sekhon and I fully trusted her.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
RMA really runs like a well oiled machine, even during COVID. The lab is great, I always got my results so fast. Their surgical facility at 635 Madison is excellent. There were times when I had to call the office to remind them to put me on the monitoring schedule, but they were always available and quick to solve it. The finance department can be a weakness. We really struggled to set up our billing through WIN Fertility and are still not sure how much/where to send our outstanding balance.
The copays per visit were 20-25. The medication was around $50 for the Ovidril. I don't recall the cost of Clomid or the labs but it was under $100 per cycle. The D&C was over $1000.
NY - Downtown
She [Dr. Sekhon] always took the time to explain and answer all my questions. I felt she was listening to my concerns and my wishes. During the most challenging part of my treatment (and when I needed it the most) I was able to see her in every appointment...We did 4 round of IUI (increasing the amount of Clomid). We did 2 IVF cycles (Menopur, Gonal F, Citrotide, HCG) that yield good fertilization rate, and 4 blastocysts each cycle.
In this [RMA of NY] clinic they only do single embryo transfers...They did all the tests I needed it (except for one, that was in a hospital) onsite so you don't have to ask for appointments or go anywhere else. They will contact you with the results the same day. The online portal is not updated that often, but you can always call and ask for your results/ information...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I loved being a patient of Dr. Sekhon. She always took the time to explain and answer all my questions. I felt she was listening to my concerns and my wishes. During the most challenging part of my treatment (and when I needed it the most) I was able to see her in every appointment.
Always ask everything you need and tell her what is on your mind. She will take the time to understand you and explain.
RMA of NY is a big clinic with a lot of patients. It was the first time I was dealing with a fertility clinic so at the beginning it did not feel very personal, but that changed once I started the treatments
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
All nurses I had to talk to where very kind. Dr. Sekhon's nurse was always available for questions/ comments. She even came home to teach us how to do the PIO injections (and did it when my husband could not do it).
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This is a big clinic, and it will be shocking and overwhelming at the beginning. Once you are familiarized with its size, it is very organized and convenient. They did all the tests I needed it (except for one, that was in a hospital) onsite so you don't have to ask for appointments or go anywhere else. They will contact you with the results the same day. The online portal is not updated that often, but you can always call and ask for your results/ information. My advice for a new patient is to always ask and take your time, don't get overwhelmed by the size of the clinic. If you ask for time to ask questions/ concerns they will give it to you.
We were lucky to have insurance coverage for all the treatments
In this clinic they only do single embryo transfers.
NY - Downtown

Dr. Sekhon was warm, caring and understanding. She was communicative and empathetic. I always felt like we were in it together. When she missed an e-mail or call, once I had to call her out for it, she always was apologetic...I completed 4 rounds of IVF egg retrieval and insemination with Lucky. The first round I produced less eggs than expected and all tested to be abnormal. We then adjusted my treatment to a microdose lupron. This worked better and I produced 2 normal embryos on the second round. She suggested I go for round 3 to bank more, I did, and all retrieved were abnormal. I bit the bullet and went for round 4 where I had my best cycle yet with 5 normal embryos, 2 of which were Day 5.
The first round [at RMA of New York] I produced less eggs than expected and all tested to be abnormal. We then adjusted my treatment to a microdose lupron. This worked better and I produced 2 normal embryos on the second round. She suggested I go for round 3 to bank more, I did, and all retrieved were abnormal. I bit the bullet and went for round 4 where I had my best cycle yet with 5 normal embryos, 2 of which were Day 5.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Feel free to be honest with Lucky and air all of your concerns. It will make for a better experience for both of you.
Dr. Sekhon always made a point to reply to e-mails, return calls and patiently discuss next steps. She was reassuring but realistic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Constance Schmidt)
I always received very good care at RMA Eastside. No complaints about the nursing staff who were always warm and empathetic during my many months visiting their clinic.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I would tell a new patient to get their very early if they don't want to wait forever for their blood work/follicle counts. The clinic could get very crowded. It would have been nice to see my primary doctor, Lucky Sekhon, more during the harvest process. Normally random nurses and doctors would complete my scans, but they were all very nice.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
It could get crowded so I was sure to get there early.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The only thing that went wrong is that I was told I had a healthy female embryo after my second round. When it came time to implant, I was informed it was male. Not a huge, huge deal, but would have been nice to know the correct sex from the start.
NY - Downtown

My main doctor was Lucky Sekhon. She was very nice...She asked if we wanted more than 1 child. We said yes. She then recommended for us to do IVF instead of IUI. Because by the time we would like to have another child, I would be older and have less eggs etc. So it made sense to freeze embryos for the future...There wasn't very much communication or extra information given for a first timer who knows nothing about what to avoid while growing eggs, after the transfer and during those few weeks once you get pregnant etc. And the fact that I wasn't seen by the same doctor every time was not mentioned. Once the prescription was not sent to the pharmacy and I had to call them.
I saw a handful of doctors [at RMA of New York] because whenever I went in for ultrasounds etc. at the Madison Avenue location, I was seen by whoever was there that day. My main doctor was Lucky Sekhon. She was very nice...There wasn't very much communication or extra information given for a first timer who knows nothing about what to avoid during those few weeks once you get pregnant etc. And the fact that I wasn't seen by the same doctor every time was not mentioned.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I saw a handful of doctors because whenever I went in for ultrasounds etc. at the Madison Avenue location, I was seen by whoever was there that day. My main doctor was Lucky Sekhon. She was very nice.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
They have several locations and the Madison Avenue location has long opening hours. So that makes it convenient. It's hard to get a hold of your specific care team member, because they only have one phone number that covers all the clinics.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Some phlebotomists were not as good as others (you become an expert when you have blood drawn so often. It was more painful with some and left bruising than with others). It was busy at the Madison Avenue location, so the staff wasn't always super friendly. It wasn't communicated that you need to check out.
It was expensive that's for sure, but I can't remember the specific numbers.
It made sense to select a single embryo that had been tested and found viable. But for my second pregnancy I would like to have the option of transferring 2 embryos. But as far as I understood, RMA doesn't do that.
NY - Downtown

Dr. Sekhon was very informative and easy to talk to. She was very blunt and straight to the point. She made sure to answer all of my questions and never made me feel stupid for asking them. I felt as though I was receiving quality care throughout the entire experience...don't expect to see the doctor for more than three minutes at a time as this practice is extremely busy. if you don't mind minimal interaction with your doctor, then this is the correct avenue, however, if you want to spend a substantial amount of time with your doctor at each visit and constantly need explanation as to each step then go with a doctor in a smaller practice
RMA has A LOT of patients so you will likely not feel like a unique flower there. on the upside, they have done this A LOT and they know exactly what they're doing. they don't need to second guess your treatment strategy because they essentially have an algorithm that they're working off of so they know just how to approach your particular situation...you don't always get the one on one care that you expect when you pay 20k for treatment...don't expect to see the doctor for more than three minutes at a time...it was evident that the nursing staff was extremely busy and did not really have the time to be attentive and provide exceptional one on one care,
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
RMA is extremely busy and its understandable that you don't always get the one on one care that you expect when you pay 20k for treatment
Dr. Sekhon was very careful to ensure that everything went according to plan and may have been overly cautious, sometimes requiring that I come in daily for monitoring. I prefer to be overly cautious and I did not mind this one bit. I like the fact that the treatment plan was so comprehensive and created after hundreds of patients - Dr. Sekhon knows exactly what needs to be done
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
it was evident that the nursing staff was extremely busy and did not really have the time to be attentive and provide exceptional one on one care, but that was fine because I was in a rush most mornings when I was there and didn't feel the need to stop and chat for an extended period of time
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
you had to arrive before 9 am or they literally would make you leave and return the next day. sometimes you need to know what your blood levels are that day and you cannot wait one more day to do so - that was really annoying. sometimes I had to run there to make it to the 9 am cutoff. Also, it was about an hour wait every time.
20k
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
The clinic isn't run that well. They make mistakes and they're not very hospitable, but its nothing I cant tolerate. for example, my husband provided a sample and a few months later, was told that they don't have a sample from him. they eventually found it but it seemed like they either misplaced the paperwork or someone on the team didn't input the information correctly into their system
NY - Downtown
Dr. Sekhon is soft spoken but clear about everything you should expect. She describes the steps in the easiest and most understandable way. She drew pictures and gave us the statistics behind every choice we had. I always knew what to expect...She works with a team of doctors so you may not always see her but you will always be in communication with her. As a team it’s not just Dr. Sekhons treatment plan it’s a collective of experienced physicians planning what to do next.
I wish their monitoring hours [at RMA of New York] were a little more flexible. I didn’t have issues with it because of the multiple locations but noticed some patients who were late to the allotted hours were sometimes turned away. I also wish the specimen retrieval for my partner could have happened at any of their city locations instead of just the one...My nursing team was compassionate and easy to work with. They took their time making sure I was aware of every step we were taking together.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Every time I sat down with Dr. Sekhon and her team they explained what I needed to know and took time to answer our questions. They didn’t push us to certain procedures over others and made sure I was comfortable 100% of the time.
We did 3 IUI cycles but because of my unexplained infertility and the expected outcomes due to a combination of my mothers history of early menopause and my low AMH we decided to move on to IVF. We decided on a single transfer after egg retrieval yielded 3 useable embryos.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I wish their monitoring hours were a little more flexible. I didn’t have issues with it because of the multiple locations but noticed some patients who were late to the allotted hours were sometimes turned away. I also wish the specimen retrieval for my partner could have happened at any of their city locations instead of just the one.
Insurance covered almost all costs aside from meds. RMA found the pharmacy that would charge me the least for these.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon truly listened to my situation and concerns, and advised but never pushed my husband and I to make a quick decision. She gave helpful guidance and wanted us to make the best decision for us. She is patient, intelligent, and compassionate. I think so highly of her. I felt comfortable throughout the entire process...She is truly skilled, amazing at her work and always willing to answer any questions my husband and I had along the way...
This clinic [RMA of New York] is like none I’ve been to before - the most kind, helpful and welcoming staff - from the receptionists to the phlebotomists, medical assistants, everyone - I’ve never experienced such fabulous care before...[nurse was] always willing to answer questions or discuss anything in email or over the phone. She truly wanted to make sure I felt comfortable and understood the process completely. She was always kind and quick to respond. I’m so grateful for her kindness, expertise and help.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon will guide you to where you want to be - trust her and take everything a day at time. You are in the best hands.
Dr. Sekhon was so personable, thorough, helpful and calm. I trust her completely and she made the process as seamless as possible. I’m truly grateful that she was my doctor. She is truly skilled, amazing at her work and always willing to answer any questions my husband and I had along the way. She’s an absolute star.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
Jennifer Needle was fantastic - always willing to answer questions or discuss anything in email or over the phone. She truly wanted to make sure I felt comfortable and understood the process completely. She was always kind and quick to respond. I’m so grateful for her kindness, expertise and help.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
This clinic is like none I’ve been to before - the most kind, helpful and welcoming staff - from the receptionists to the phlebotomists, medical assistants, everyone - I’ve never experienced such fabulous care before. I actually enjoyed going to the appointments.
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Sekhon is a caring, helpful doctor. Our procedures went exactly how she described. While I didn't see her at every monitoring visit, I was always seen by one of her doctor colleagues who were friendly and professional as well. I appreciated Dr. Sekhon's willingness to answer questions and provide additional detail about the protocol we were following...We did 1 egg retrieval and 1 FET which resulted in a pregnancy. We were also recommended to do PGT.
RMA of NY is a large clinic but very efficiently run. The staff was friendly and helpful - this process was physically and emotionally tiring for me - but I felt confident about the expertise of my doctors and nursing staff...Jennifer [nurse] was extremely helpful in coordinating care. We primarily communicated over email and she would respond very quickly...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a caring, helpful doctor. Our procedures went exactly how she described. While I didn't see her at every monitoring visit, I was always seen by one of her doctor colleagues who were friendly and professional as well. I appreciated Dr. Sekhon's willingness to answer questions and provide additional detail about the protocol we were following. IVF is a convoluted process but I felt confident we were in good hands with her.
Bring all your questions to your first visit - she will take the time to answer them.
I
Jennifer was extremely helpful in coordinating care. We primarily communicated over email and she would respond very quickly.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The doctor and I were on the same page re: doing a eSET
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
In between the egg retrieval and FET, I had to call a few times to discuss the next steps for my cycle. It felt like things were a bit up in the air - but overall it was a minor blip in my experience.
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Sekhon was smart, warm, confident and communicated well. I felt like she knew me and was invested in the success of my treatment. Even when delivering disappointing news, she made me feel hopeful. I would recommend her to friends...We did single embryo transfer after undergoing embryo testing. This was Dr. Sekhon's recommendation and what we wanted to do.
Our IVF coordinator was very kind and available to answer questions or help with matters regarding medication, appointments, etc...RMA seems to be a smoothly run and efficient clinic. I felt I could trust in the team to manage my care, which I found very relaxing and helped with my success. The doctors are good (especially Dr. Sekhon) as well as all the nurses and coordinators. The facilities are clean and not intimidating.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was very warm, conversational, and available. I felt like she was truly invested in my care and success every step of the way.
We did two rounds of IVF and Dr. Sekhon was very attentive every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York.
Our IVF coordinator was very kind and available to answer questions or help with matters regarding medication, appointments, etc. I always felt I could reach out to her. It can be hard to reach the nursing staff at RMA, but they always called in a timely manner with all the information necessary. Great team!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Our insurance covered a majority of it, but we were still out of pocket about $2k per IVF cycle.

2020 - 2022, Successful
Dr Sekhon was a great doctor. She was clear honest about challenges but optimistic about success. I left every appointment or phone call with her feeling like there was always a solution. We had a difficult road for 2.5 years but Dr Sekhon was truthful and we worked together to find solutions...She described each procedure clearly. When I was ready for my transfer we had a hiccup and I had to have surgery, she helped me find a surgeon and get things taken care of quickly...
Sometimes RMA monitoring hours feel like a factory, if possible to extend hours later into morning would be ideal. The staff were all fantastic and welcoming every time I went to visit. Brooklyn location is the best with the new facilities...I didn't receive results on the same day so my appointment was not confirmed for the follow day...They [nurses at RMA NY] were all excellent...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr Sekhon was a great doctor. She was clear honest about challenges but optimistic about success. I left every appointment or phone call with her feeling like there was always a solution. We had a difficult road for 2.5 years but Dr Sekhon was truthful and we worked together to find solutions. Today I am12 weeks 5 days with a donor egg baby
facts are great, sharing success stories will help
Dr Sekhon was great. she was thoughtful and cared about me and my journey
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Wells)
They were all excellent
IVF is expensive
N/A single embryo transfer is the way to go with less risk and higher success
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I didn't receive results on the same day so my appointment was not confirmed for the follow day. In worked out
2019 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon was always honest and knew exactly what was going on during my appointments...She followed up promptly and provided honest and realistic expectations. I felt like she was focused on my treatment even though she had many other patients. She had great bedside manner and kept things light when appropriate and was honest when needed...very personable and compassionate throughout both times I did IVF with her...
Strengths- They are on top of everything. All nurses and doctors were nice and well educated. Great follow up of phone calls and emails. Weaknesses- Many people in waiting room during monitoring hours. Not always sure how long blood and sonogram would take in the mornings...Dr. Sekhon was always honest and knew exactly what was going on during my appointments. Her or a nurse always promptly replied to my concerns...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was very personable and compassionate throughout both times I did IVF with her. She followed up promptly and provided honest and realistic expectations. I felt like she was focused on my treatment even though she had many other patients. She had great bedside manner and kept things light when appropriate and was honest when needed.
Trust her
I began by trying clomid and letrozol and timed intercourse. Followed by 3 cycles of IUI. Followed by IVF cycle which provided and positive pregnancy. For the second time, started right with a transfer cycle using a frozen embryo.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Copay for monitoring Thawing of embryo
NY - Downtown
Dr. Sekhon was always on top of my updates and was always available for questions. I never felt like a number even though I knew she was busy...She always offered any clinical research information that would support her recommendations which helped me feel more comfortable...Since we only had 1 normal embryo, we decided to transfer the one.
Strengths [of RMA of NY]: A large, trusted organization that doesn't make you feel like a number. Wit a large organization, you can feel comfortable that you are getting top quality care with a company that as the best NYC has to offer. Weaknesses: The covid screening process is a little wonky - could be more seamless. But that's very small in the big picture...We paid around $5,000 out of pocket on the second retrieval.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I like Dr. Sekhon's style of providing facts, data and professional opinion. I am not a patient that needs sugar coating so I would rather have someone speak to me in a clear and direct manner as Dr. Sekhon always did. She was always patient with my numerous questions and had thoughtful answers to help guide my journey. She always offered any clinical research information that would support her recommendations which helped me feel more comfortable.
RMA is a large organization, so you would need to feel comfortable being one in the 'machine', but if you see Dr. Sekhon you can feel confident that you have a super smart doctor that will tend to your cycle closely.
For retrievals - Folistim and Menopur for egg stimulation. Pregnyl for trigger. For 2 retrievals I collected between 10-13 eggs per, and was able to send 5 blasts per retrieval for genetic testing. Unfortunately, I only had 1 embryo come back genetically normal. Birth control between each transfer. Also, used birth control before preparing for transfer. For transfer - Estrogen 3x a day as well as Progesterone shots daily. I was weened off medication by 9 weeks 2 days pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Constance Scmidt)
Super helpful and responsive.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strengths: A large, trusted organization that doesn't make you feel like a number. Wit a large organization, you can feel comfortable that you are getting top quality care with a company that as the best NYC has to offer. Weaknesses: The covid screening process is a little wonky - could be more seamless. But that's very small in the big picture.
We maxed our $30,000 lifetime insurance coverage across treatment and medication. We paid around $5,000 out of pocket on the second retrieval.
Since we only had 1 normal embryo, we decided to transfer the one.

2019, 9 Eggs Frozen
Dr Sekhon is extremely personable. In my first consultation, she sat down with me for some time and explained the egg freezing process in great detail. She really listened to my concerns, did not try to sell me, and was honest about outcomes in a way that was backed by numbers...she treated me with care, compassion and understanding...The only things I would have liked more detail on upfront were -do not plan to travel during the injection process since you'll need to get checked on weekends too -no exercise or sex 2 weeks after retrieval...Early on, we were concerned one ovary was not responding and that we would have to postpone one month, but, then, it quickly caught up.
[The staff at RMA of New York were] super helpful and available for questions at all points...[Monitoring appointments were] On time which is appreciated!...$13,500 [Egg Freezing]...I was very impressed with RMA's friendly staff which ran on-time. The staff even works on the weekends. The practice is trusted by many patients. Be ready for daily blood work and ultrasounds. I had a great experience and recommend RMA to everyone as it was recommended to me by my OB/GYN...Early on, we were concerned one ovary was not responding and that we would have to postpone one month, but, then, it quickly caught up.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I loved Dr Sekhon. Egg freezing is such a big risk emotionally and financially, and she treated me with care, compassion and understanding. I am recommending her and the egg freezing process to everyone.It was painless, did not take much time daily, and offers extreme peace of mind. The only things I would have liked more detail on upfront were -do not plan to travel during the injection process since you'll need to get checked on weekends too -no exercise or sex 2 weeks after retrieval
The shots are not painful. I'm scared of needles and I could do them solo.
Dr Sekhon is extremely personable. In my first consultation, she sat down with me for some time and explained the egg freezing process in great detail. She really listened to my concerns, did not try to sell me, and was honest about outcomes in a way that was backed by numbers. During the 10-day injection process, I had questions about dosage twice and RMA's nurse hotline answered immediately.
lupron twice a day for 10 days menopur once a day for 10 days follistem pen once a day for 10 days Early on, we were concerned one ovary was not responding and that we would have to postpone one month, but, then, it quickly caught up.
super helpful and available for questions at all points
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
On time which is appreciated!

2023, 13 Eggs Frozen
From the moment I met Dr. Sekhon, I felt taken care of...always made me feel comfortable and listened to, and went above and beyond when it came to individualized care, including performing my egg retrieval on a day when she wasn’t the doctor on call and reaching out post-retrieval to check in
I had super positive experiences with every nurse, coordinator, receptionist, and the team that handled my retrieval [at RMA of New York]...wish I had had one of the RMA nurses step me through the mixing and injecting before the first round...Everyone at RMA was extremely responsive and helpful.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I loved working with Dr. Sekhon. She always made me feel comfortable and listened to, and went above and beyond when it came to individualized care, including performing my egg retrieval on a day when she wasn’t the doctor on call and reaching out post-retrieval to check in. I’m so grateful to have been able to undergo this process with Dr. Sekhon.
Follow Dr. Sekhon on Instagram for tons of helpful fertility resources.
From the moment I met Dr. Sekhon, I felt taken care of. She and her incredible team were responsive and attentive from the outset, and provided thoughtful, personalized care. I knew I was in good hands at RMA, but feel so lucky to be Dr. Sekhon’s patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Kate Sonderegger)
Everyone at RMA was extremely responsive and helpful.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Dr. Sekhon was my singular draw to RMA, but once there, I had super positive experiences with every nurse, coordinator, receptionist, and the team that handled my retrieval. One thing I would share with a new patient is that I didn’t feel fully prepared on my first night of injections with regard to how to actually do the shots. The RMA videos were helpful, but the process was pretty stressful and I ended up having to throw away three viles of Menopur. I wish I had had one of the RMA nurses step me through the mixing and injecting before the first round.
$5000

2022 - 2023, 29 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Sekhon was transparent, kind, and a good communicator. When she was not available to be present in person, she made sure her staff was there to relay messages and responded to messages quickly. She even checked in on me post-op while returning from a flight abroad and sent a work note for me the same day...made an incredible effort to check in and make sure her clinic checks in, calling me daily during the stimulation and retrieval process. She welcomed all questions.
[RMA of New York is a] Well oiled machine - I didn't always have the same nurse or coordinator calling me, but someone always called back with the necessary information to keep me on track. All were warm and compassionate...Dr. Sekhon was transparent, kind, and a good communicator. When she was not available to be present in person, she made sure her staff was there to relay messages and responded to messages quickly. She even checked in on me post-op while returning from a flight abroad and sent a work note for me the same day.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask if Dr. Sekhon will be in town during your scheduled timeline if that is important to you to see the same provider every visit.
Dr. Sekhon made an incredible effort to check in and make sure her clinic checks in, calling me daily during the stimulation and retrieval process. She welcomed all questions.
Stimulation included follistim, menopur, and cetrotide. Trigger in injection with both leuprolide and novarel. Frequent bloodwork and TVUS about every other day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Behr, Nicole Zaid-Kunz, Kyra Fischer, )
Quick and responsive to all questions and concerns. Always called back when I had concerns. Warm and transparent.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Cost was separated into four: medications (most expensive cost for me - OOP ~$4000 after insurance), anesthesia ($1000 not covered by my insurance), embryologist freezing and storage ($3000), and all other costs (covered by by my insurance)

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Sekhon is very knowledgeable and knows how to explain complex procedures in a straightforward manner without being condescending. As someone who works extensively with data, I appreciated her having numbers and statistics for me whenever I asked for them. She answered my many questions over the phone and via email. When it was time to deliver bad news, she called me personally outside of business hours, which I appreciated. Dr. Sekhon was always there with a plan and next steps, which helps you keep going during such a stressful and difficult time.
There are multiple [RMA of New York] offices. The wait can be a bit long if you're not one of the first patients there for monitoring. Downtown office was closed on the weekends so it was bit of a long commute for me if I needed monitoring on a Sat or Sun...The nurses were all very nice and efficient. However, I sometimes needed to call for information/results or to request that my prescription be sent to the pharmacy.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Research and ask questions, but don't get ahead of yourself. I found myself researching topics that ultimately weren't applicable to me.
I did a couple TI and IUI cycles. I then did two rounds of IVF. The first round resulted in no viable embryos while the second one was successful (had a daughter after the first FET).
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
There are multiple offices. The wait can be a bit long if you're not one of the first patients there for monitoring. Downtown office was closed on the weekends so it was bit of a long commute for me if I needed monitoring on a Sat or Sun.
Dr. Sekhon suggested a freeze all cycle, PGT-A and single embryo transfer.
NY - Downtown
Dr. Sekhon is extremely knowledgeable and gives us a clear picture of the treatments and procedures. She will answer all your questions irrespective of the time( day/ night/ weekend/ after hours)...She will work smart for the best outcome for each patient. I would highly recommend her to any one I know...Dr. Sekhon was compassionate and treated me with care
The entire team [at RMA of New York is] co-ordinated very well. There was no hassle. Instructions to the patient was clear and monitoring was perfectly on time with occasionally(2/15) more 15 min waiting time.Wish they had more monitoring locations throughout NYC...Nurse co-ordinator was nice. She responded promptly to any question from ordering the medications to the next steps in the procedure etc
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is extremely knowledgeable and gives us a clear picture of the treatments and procedures. She will answer all your questions irrespective of the time( day/ night/ weekend/ after hours) which most of the doctors never do. She is so caring and you can reach out to her with whatever questions/ concerns that may arise in your mind at any point during the treatment. She is there to comfort us and her response gives us peace of mind. If you are with Dr. Sekhon, never bother about the outcome. She will work smart for the best outcome for each patient. I would highly recommend her to any one I know.
Stay calm and be happy. The best is waiting and Dr. Sekhon works for us.
Dr. Sekhon was compassionate and treated me with care
Medications used: Follistim, Menopur, Ganiralex,leuprolide, Estrace, Progesterone in oil, endometrin
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The entire team co-ordinated very well. There was no hassle. Instructions to the patient was clear and monitoring was perfectly on time with occasionally(2/15) more 15 min waiting time.Wish they had more monitoring locations throughout NYC
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Easy monitoring appointments and they value your time and theirs. So, it was super easy.
That is the best approach for the mom and the baby.
NY - Downtown
Dr. Sekhon is absolutely amazing, I would recommend her to anyone who had to go through this process. You can tell from her bedside manner, alone, that she genuinely cares and is supportive of ensuring that you receive the best results possible. She also is extremely responsive on email, which I really appreciated since I had a lot of questions! She is also just such a nice person and makes you feel very cared for. She made this process a great experience for me and if I have to do it again I will only use her!...She is extremely detailed and thorough, and goes out of her way to make sure that her patients understand every step of the process.
I spent most of my time at the East Side location [of RMA of New York] - the team there was very thorough and took their time to assist with whatever questions \ needs I had. The team at SoHo was also great, but sometimes I felt a little bit more rushed or cramped in at that office...My experience with the nursing staff at the East Side and SoHo locations were both great. Everyone was very caring and compassionate, and you never felt rushed. I usually ended up having the same nurses, so it was that much better having familiar faces!...Dr. Sekhon is absolutely amazing, I would recommend her to anyone who had to go through this process. You can tell from her bedside manner, alone, that she genuinely cares and is supportive of ensuring that you receive the best results possible. She also is extremely responsive on email, which I really appreciated since I had a lot of questions! She is also just such a nice person and makes you feel very cared for. She made this process a great experience for me and if I have to do it again I will only use her!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is the most patient, considerate and caring doctor I have ever been a patient of. She is extremely detailed and thorough, and goes out of her way to make sure that her patients understand every step of the process. She is truly remarkable and made my experience enjoyable and easy to understand!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I spent most of my time at the East Side location - the team there was very thorough and took their time to assist with whatever questions \ needs I had. The team at SoHo was also great, but sometimes I felt a little bit more rushed or cramped in at that office.
NY - Eastside