LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

6.2
6.2

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Royal College of Surgeons (Ireland)
Mount Sinai
Mount Sinai

Lucky Sekhon works in 2 offices at

594 Broadway, Suite 1101
NY - Mount Sinai
5 East 98th St., 2nd Floor

Dr. Sekhon is extremely knowledgeable and gives us a clear picture of the treatments and procedures. She will answer all your questions irrespective of the time( day/ night/ weekend/ after hours)...She will work smart for the best outcome for each patient. I would highly recommend her to any one I know...Dr. Sekhon was compassionate and treated me with care
The entire team [at RMA of New York is] co-ordinated very well. There was no hassle. Instructions to the patient was clear and monitoring was perfectly on time with occasionally(2/15) more 15 min waiting time.Wish they had more monitoring locations throughout NYC...Nurse co-ordinator was nice. She responded promptly to any question from ordering the medications to the next steps in the procedure etc
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is extremely knowledgeable and gives us a clear picture of the treatments and procedures. She will answer all your questions irrespective of the time( day/ night/ weekend/ after hours) which most of the doctors never do. She is so caring and you can reach out to her with whatever questions/ concerns that may arise in your mind at any point during the treatment. She is there to comfort us and her response gives us peace of mind. If you are with Dr. Sekhon, never bother about the outcome. She will work smart for the best outcome for each patient. I would highly recommend her to any one I know.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Stay calm and be happy. The best is waiting and Dr. Sekhon works for us.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was compassionate and treated me with care
Describe the protocols Lucky Sekhon used in your cycles at RMA of New York and their degree of success.
Medications used: Follistim, Menopur, Ganiralex,leuprolide, Estrace, Progesterone in oil, endometrin
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Needle)
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The entire team co-ordinated very well. There was no hassle. Instructions to the patient was clear and monitoring was perfectly on time with occasionally(2/15) more 15 min waiting time.Wish they had more monitoring locations throughout NYC
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Easy monitoring appointments and they value your time and theirs. So, it was super easy.
Describe Lucky Sekhon's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at RMA of New York.
That is the best approach for the mom and the baby.
NY - Downtown
Dr. Sekhon is absolutely amazing, I would recommend her to anyone who had to go through this process. You can tell from her bedside manner, alone, that she genuinely cares and is supportive of ensuring that you receive the best results possible. She also is extremely responsive on email, which I really appreciated since I had a lot of questions! She is also just such a nice person and makes you feel very cared for. She made this process a great experience for me and if I have to do it again I will only use her!...She is extremely detailed and thorough, and goes out of her way to make sure that her patients understand every step of the process.
I spent most of my time at the East Side location [of RMA of New York] - the team there was very thorough and took their time to assist with whatever questions \ needs I had. The team at SoHo was also great, but sometimes I felt a little bit more rushed or cramped in at that office...My experience with the nursing staff at the East Side and SoHo locations were both great. Everyone was very caring and compassionate, and you never felt rushed. I usually ended up having the same nurses, so it was that much better having familiar faces!...Dr. Sekhon is absolutely amazing, I would recommend her to anyone who had to go through this process. You can tell from her bedside manner, alone, that she genuinely cares and is supportive of ensuring that you receive the best results possible. She also is extremely responsive on email, which I really appreciated since I had a lot of questions! She is also just such a nice person and makes you feel very cared for. She made this process a great experience for me and if I have to do it again I will only use her!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is the most patient, considerate and caring doctor I have ever been a patient of. She is extremely detailed and thorough, and goes out of her way to make sure that her patients understand every step of the process. She is truly remarkable and made my experience enjoyable and easy to understand!
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
I spent most of my time at the East Side location - the team there was very thorough and took their time to assist with whatever questions \ needs I had. The team at SoHo was also great, but sometimes I felt a little bit more rushed or cramped in at that office.
NY - Eastside

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Sekhon was transparent and persistent and helped us stay positive. She laid out the facts and alternatives for course of action. Under her care, I was able to conceive in my second transfer cycle and I have now given birth to a healthy baby boy...Frequent check ins and doctors would talk you through the next steps at every appointment...We were advised to do single embryo transfer as this was better for the mom
Great clinic [RMA of New York], good doctors, great nurses. The finance team were a little slow in answering questions but eventually got them resolved. Ask questions and ask for alternatives in medication and if needed ask the nurses to show you how to inject injections and for the most appropriate positions to inject the medication. Sometimes aside from the videos asking questions help as well.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Ask for alternatives in the medications, pessary vs the injections
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
They were always available and gave extra information and exact instructions
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Great clinic, good doctors, great nurses. The finance team were a little slow in answering questions but eventually got them resolved. Ask questions and ask for alternatives in medication and if needed ask the nurses to show you how to inject injections and for the most appropriate positions to inject the medication. Sometimes aside from the videos asking questions help as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York.
Costs were covered under Progyny through my spouses company
We were advised to do single embryo transfer as this was better for the mom
2022, 11 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Sekon had a kind, calm and reassuring presence every time I met with her. She explained in a lots of detail which helped me feel comfortable with the procedure. After the procedure she helped me think through whether I needed to go through an additional cycle of retrieval...In our followup visit she took the time to explain all of my remaining questions...
[RMA of New York] Locations were very convenient and staff was helpful and responsive. Did have some trouble once billing was complete getting medications ordered, but that was quickly resolved. Locations were opened on holidays and always took me on time...Well organized and mellow office. I was given a time to come in during monitoring hours and was usually in and out within 15 minutes...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekon took the time to explain the egg retrieval and freezing process in lots of detail, which made me feel very comfortable with the procedure. During the process everyone in her office was kind and helpful. In our followup visit she took the time to explain all of my remaining questions
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at RMA of New York.
Costs were all outlined (medications, freezing, procedure). This was all covered by my insurance
2022, 25 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Lucky Sekhon] was great! She was very communicative through the nurses and always available via email for any questions I had. She was direct but also compassionate and always made me feel comfortable...Definitely work with her but understand you won't be with her at most appointments and she may not perform the actual procedure...wish I could have been with Dr. Sekhon on most visits but I understand she goes to multiple offices and is also performing procedures
I had a great experience with RMA of New York at the midtown east location. I really thought the administrative staff, nurses and doctors (especially Dr. Sekhon) were all attentive, thorough and allowed me to ask questions. The wait time was also never long. I only wish I could have been with Dr. Sekhon on most visits but I understand she goes to multiple offices and is also performing procedures... I wish I could have worked with certain nurses more regularly who were better at drawing blood so I would have little or no bruising vs. some nurses that didn't seem as great with drawing blood
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon was great! She was very communicative through the nurses and always available via email for any questions I had. She was direct but also compassionate and always made me feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Freundlich)
Attentive and answered my questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Timely, thorough and helpful. I wish I could have worked with certain nurses more regularly who were better at drawing blood so I would have little or no bruising vs. some nurses that didn't seem as great with drawing blood.
Approximately $17,000

2021, Successful
3 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
She [Dr. Sekhon] is personable, smart and incrediblly dedicated. I feel lucky to have her as our doctor for this very stressful process. Lucky listened, provided balanced advance, and went above and beyond to ensure our needs were met...amazing bedside manner- she really sees each patient as an individual and takes the time to explain all procedures and her reasoning very well...
Strength is they've [RMA of NY] done a lot of IVF. Weakness is it feels a bit like a factory. Overall, however, I had a wonderful experience bc my primary team w Dr Sekhon was great. RMA also does a good job of providing a financial counselor to help w understanding the payment portion of the journey which is key...No options for multiple embryo transfer at RMA...Great nursing staff- supportive and kind...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is a gift. She is personable, smart and incrediblly dedicated. I feel lucky to have her as our doctor for this very stressful process. Lucky listened, provided balanced advance, and went above and beyond to ensure our needs were met. I'd recommend her to anyone seeking to get pregnant.
Come with all your questions- Dr. Sekhon will gladly answer them!
Lucky has the most amazing bedside manner- she really sees each patient as an individual and takes the time to explain all procedures and her reasoning very well.
- I don't recall
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at RMA of New York.
Great nursing staff- supportive and kind.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
Strength is they've done a lot of IVF. Weakness is it feels a bit like a factory. Overall, however, I had a wonderful experience bc my primary team w Dr Sekhon was great. RMA also does a good job of providing a financial counselor to help w understanding the payment portion of the journey which is key.
$16k per cycle
No options for multiple embryo transfer at RMA; one thing that may be worth considering as a future possible change
NY - Downtown

Dr.Sekhon personally called me to discuss important information, such as Covid protocols, and positive pregnancy test. She also made sure to perform my embryo transfer. She was very empathic and listened to my concerns...She always explained things very clearly, and was available to further discuss any matters by phone or email. I found her to be very personable and professional.
I thought RMA did an excellent job at managing the monitoring hours especially during the beginning of Covid. All appointments were spaced out to ensure social distancing in the office, via text message to enter...The nurses and care coordinator were all great to work with...You may not always get to see Dr Sekhon every time for the office visits, but she made sure to call me with important news.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
I felt very comfortable with Dr Sekhon throughout my IVF treatment. She always explained things very clearly, and was available to further discuss any matters by phone or email. I found her to be very personable and professional. My overall experience with Dr Sekhon was positive and I would highly recommend her.
You may not always get to see Dr Sekhon every time for the office visits, but she made sure to call me with important news. I was very happy that she was able to perform my embryo transfer, which ended up being successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at RMA of New York. (Assigned nurse: Connie Schmidt)
The nurses and care coordinator were all great to work with

2019, 40 Eggs Frozen
[The nurses at RMA of New York were] Nice and efficient...Strengths: locations all around Manhattan; well established clinic made me feel like I was in good hands; everyone at clinic was very responsive. Weaknesses: videos showing how to administer treatments were just okay...[Dr. Lucky Sekhon is a] Great doctor! I felt like I was in excellent hands the entire time. During consultation she gave me a thorough understanding of the process and risks, she was kind and compassionate, and she was available (and responsive) by email during my entire experience. I have already recommended her to 3 friends... made an effort to get to know me. Every time I saw her, she checked in to see how I was doing and asked me questions about my life (outside of questions related to the medical treatment)
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon made an effort to get to know me. Every time I saw her, she checked in to see how I was doing and asked me questions about my life (outside of questions related to the medical treatment).
Nice and efficient
Efficient!
NY - Downtown
[Dr. Sekhon has] Excellent bedside manners, positive attitude, Seems very confident in the treatment plan, made me feel very well taken care of. Unfortunately monitoring visits don’t allow much time for discussions, but in my Zoom appointments the doctor went over everything in detail...Book consults separately from monitoring visits as mornings are very busy and doctor doesn’t have much time
[at RMA of New York] I was a bit disappointing in the service level now compared to 5 years ago when I first started seeing them. Phone lines were sooo busy, I got incorrect information from the telephone operator/nurse (nothing serious just concerning opening hours), I had to call back to get the information already requested....
Friendly and detail oriented
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
What specific things went wrong at RMA of New York?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at RMA of New York.
I saw Dr Stein before I switched to Dr Sekhon. I was not pleased with his bedside manners and his coordinator. She called in wrong prescriptions to my pharmacy which resulted in me having to wait on line to reach her (coordinators don’t have a direct line which makes communication very hard). She also never sent me the treatment protocol after I asked 4 times for it.

2022, Successful
The clinic [RMA of New York] is very busy and there are a lot of patients. But, if you get there on time, it's usually not too bad of a wait time. The doctors are all different and you'll probably see someone different each appointment but they're all nice...Dr. Lucky [Sekhon] was very responsive and always gave me time to ask any questions...was really great - made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend her! She was very responsive and explained everything really well. The best part was her being available for any questions via email...If you can, try to see Dr. Lucky for all your monitoring appointments - she's really great!
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Lucky was really great - made me feel comfortable and at ease. I would highly recommend her! She was very responsive and explained everything really well. The best part was her being available for any questions via email.
Dr. Lucky was very responsive and always gave me time to ask any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The clinic is very busy and there are a lot of patients. But, if you get there on time, it's usually not too bad of a wait time. The doctors are all different and you'll probably see someone different each appointment but they're all nice.
2019 - 2022, Successful
My experience with Dr. Sekhon has been wonderful. She is very informative and has a great bedside manner that makes you feel comfortable and cared for. She and her team have been consistent with follow up and have helped accommodate instances when I was out of town and needed to seek monitoring needs outside of their office...She was warm, personable and offered the right guidance for me...
RMA New York was efficient, professional and accommodating. One thing they could improve upon is clarity of process. It was explained to me in detail by my coordinator at the initial consultation but once I was in cycles it would have been helpful to have it explained again with my particular circumstance/ plan in mind...She [Dr. Sekhon] was warm, personable and offered the right guidance for me...
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
She was warm, personable and offered the right guidance for me.

2021, Successful
We absolutely loved working with Dr. Sekhon. Such a positive and fun experience. We were not expecting to go this route, but she did such a great job explaining everything to us, but also not pressuring us to do anything. We also corresponded with her via email and she was very responsive...I felt like I was talking to a friend, and cared for like I was family...
The downtown SoHo office [RMA of New York] was very efficient, I never had to wait long to be seen. Scheduling appointments was a bit frustrating at first, but ended up doing all my appointment via my IVF coordinator over email which was easier than doing it over the phone...Dr. Lucky was amazing, I felt like I was talking to a friend, and cared for like I was family.
How was your experience with Lucky Sekhon at RMA of New York?
Dr. Sekhon is trustworthy and never be afraid to ask her any questions.
Describe your experience with RMA of New York.
The downtown SoHo office was very efficient, I never had to wait long to be seen. Scheduling appointments was a bit frustrating at first, but ended up doing all my appointment via my IVF coordinator over email which was easier than doing it over the phone.