5.4

Rogers
2203 S. Promenade Blvd
Rogers, AR 72758

2022 - 2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Westphal has a wonderful bedside manner. She was warm and welcoming, and had already reviewed our case history therefore we didn't need to repeat ourselves over and over again. One of the major weaknesses was although she was our doctor, we only met her once at the first appointment. The rest of the meetings were with doctors on site and the nursing team....we just did a transfer with Dr. Westphal.
The clinic [Kindbody - Silicon Valley] is very chic, warm and welcoming. The rooms are very pretty and equipment is brand new. The only weakness is that there are not many Kindbody locations therefore it was almost an hour to drive to the clinic...The nursing staff in charge of blood collection was amazing. They had music playing in the room, and they were extremely kind and compassionate. The receptionist was always warm and welcoming. The nurse who would see me after my appointment was a bit cold and lacked compassion; she was very matter-of-fact in her approach.
How was your experience with Lynn Westphal at Kindbody - Silicon Valley?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynn Westphal at Kindbody - Silicon Valley?
You may not get to see Dr. Westphal that often
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynn Westphal at Kindbody - Silicon Valley?
Dr. Westphal was well versed with our case history and file. We had started our fertility treatments in Toronto, they had sent over the file to Kindbody and she had reviewed it before we met her which is great.
Describe the protocols Lynn Westphal used in your cycles at Kindbody - Silicon Valley and their degree of success.
We had transferred over our eggs from Toronto to Kindbody, therefore we just did a transfer with Dr. Westphal.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Kindbody - Silicon Valley.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - Silicon Valley.
The clinic is very chic, warm and welcoming. The rooms are very pretty and equipment is brand new. The only weakness is that there are not many Kindbody locations therefore it was almost an hour to drive to the clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynn Westphal at Kindbody - Silicon Valley.
Sorry I do not recall as I was covered under fertility benefits
Describe Lynn Westphal's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Kindbody - Silicon Valley.
What specific things went wrong at Kindbody - Silicon Valley?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Kindbody - Silicon Valley.
My clinic promised that the cost of moving my embryos from Toronto to San Francisco would be covered by my fertility benefits. Later on, once the embryos arrived at the clinic, they delayed my reimbursement for months without any clear communication. Finally, after 8 months I received my reimbursement.
Kindbody - Silicon Valley
Silicon Valley

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Westphal (Kindbody, Silicon Valley) was very kind, albeit abrupt at times. She was eventually willing to try alternate approaches but we lost a few cycles negotiating/advocating for what ended up being necessary treatment...Have a list of questions prepared for each visit, she has very little time...6 Clomid cycles, a few requiring a double dose, one layered in Letrizole (unsuccessfully)...
High turnover and burnout of existing staff [Kindbody San Francisco] has really diminished my support for this clinic...The replacement staff is very green (new/young in their careers) and will need time to see if they can come up to speed...Billing was a constant issue with me being double charged for 6mo before we were able to sort and reconcile cash pay, insurance billing, resulting charges...
How was your experience with Lynn Westphal at Kindbody - San Francisco?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynn Westphal at Kindbody - San Francisco?
Have a list of questions prepared for each visit, she has very little time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynn Westphal at Kindbody - San Francisco?
Nursing staff was extraordinarily kind helping me process prior fertility trauma and understand the process and options
Describe the protocols Lynn Westphal used in your cycles at Kindbody - San Francisco and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Kindbody - San Francisco. (Assigned nurse: Erica)
Both Robin and Erica were wonderful, experienced, well informed, kind, helpful, lots of time. Due to recent turnover (Erica went back to school and Robin moved into clinical/surgical support not patient care) their nursing staff is fragmented. Several other Kindbody clinics have provided experienced nurses, for cross coverage, the new nurse Christina is terrible (not experienced, not supportive, unaware of patient stories), recent cycles have had no continuity with a different nurse each visit attempting to answer questions and telling me someone would follow up later.
Describe your experience with Kindbody - San Francisco.
High turnover and burnout of existing staff has really diminished my support for this clinic. My favorite people have left or been reassigned. The replacement staff is very green (new/young in their careers) and will need time to see if they can come up to speed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynn Westphal at Kindbody - San Francisco.
What specific things went wrong at Kindbody - San Francisco?
Kindbody - San Francisco
San Francisco

2014, Successful
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Everyone was very organized and informed. Everyone wanted to make sure I had all of the questions answered and that I fully understood what was happening.
How was your experience with Lynn Westphal at Stanford University?
She was extremely matter-of-fact and confident in the process + treatment -- at times this was not warm + fuzzy, but I always had confidence in her ability to give me the results I needed. In my opinion, it was the correct balance of friend + doctor -- she definitely cared about me as a person, but was extremely professional and made sure that her job at doctor was #1 priority.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lynn Westphal at Stanford University?
She is a true professional and will get the job done. She is not warm + fuzzy all the time, but she absolutely cares about her patients and will make sure that all questions + concerns are addressed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lynn Westphal at Stanford University?
My doctor was very matter-of-fact with the process and expected results, but still took the time to consider/ care about my own wishes. She always made sure that I completely understood what was happening and that ALL of my questions were answered. She wanted to make sure that we were doing what was right for my husband and me, and always made sure to take the time to hear from us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Stanford University.
Stanford University
Sunnyvale
2009 - 2010, Successful
She's [Dr. Westphal] a warm caring doctor and spent time answering my multitude of questions. I have met with her of multiple occasions and she confirmed my pregnancy (which happened to be natural). She also counseled me after I was diagnosed with cancer and helped me make some decisions about further fertility preservation. She is a wonderful Doctor.
She's [Dr. Westphal at Stanford Fertility] a warm caring doctor and spent time answering my multitude of questions. I have met with her of multiple occasions and she confirmed my pregnancy (which happened to be natural). She also counseled me after I was diagnosed with cancer and helped me make some decisions about further fertility preservation. She is a wonderful Doctor.
How was your experience with Lynn Westphal at Stanford University?
I could not be happier with Dr Westphal. She is an excellent clinician.
Come with a list of questions. She is happy to answer them all.
She's a warm caring doctor and spent time answering my multitude of questions. I have met with her of multiple occasions and she confirmed my pregnancy (which happened to be natural). She also counseled me after I was diagnosed with cancer and helped me make some decisions about further fertility preservation. She is a wonderful Doctor.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lynn Westphal at Stanford University.
Stanford University