LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

4.5
4.5

LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

U of Albany
Saginaw
U of Louisville

Michael Grossman works in 1 office at

38A Old Sparrowbush Road
Latham, NY 12110

When I first met with Dr Grossman before pursuing IVF he was very friendly and knowledgeable, and had actually reviewed my records thoroughly ahead of our appointment (something very few doctors have done in my experience!). He had a great bedside manner, was patient at answering all my questions, and was good at quickly tailoring the level of detail and attitude with which he explained things to a level appropriate for my prior knowledge, so that he was able to educate me about the process while not seeming condescending. Through retrieval and transfer he was realistic and did not sugar coat facts/chances, yet seemed optimistic and made me feel hopeful.
While it was sometimes hard to reach staff by phone[at CNY Fertility Center], their use of the online portal compensated well and it was easy to review your own test results and ask questions. There was about a month's wait scheduling an initial appointment but once treatment had started they were on the ball with fitting you in and I was often able to schedule monitoring early enough to not miss work. They did not "batch" IVF patients like I have seen other practices do, so I felt confident that timing of procedures was appropriate and tailored to how I was responding. I was ultimately much more satisfied with the communication and tailored treatment from
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask lots of questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
After my first meeting with Dr. Grossman I felt an immense sense of relief and hope. He had thoroughly read my records transferred from another doctor ahead of time and understood why I wanted to get started with IVF and not spend any more time on IUIs or repeat any tests that were not necessary. While I mainly saw the nurses during monitoring, Dr. Grossman was kind, patient and reassuring at retrieval and transfer. The nursing staff were amazing at answering my questions and clarifications both in person and through the patient portal and let me weigh in on preferences so that I felt I was helping make treatment decisions that worked for me (such as timing of when to adjust thyroid medication, or whether to wait a cycle after retrieval or begin BCP right away in preparation for FET).
Describe the protocols Michael Grossman used in your cycles at CNY Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Short stimulation phase with no suppression beforehand, antagonist protocol, Lupron trigger - selected to reduce OHSS risks as I was a first time IVF patient under 35 with unexplained infertility and no history of not responding well to medications. ICSI to improve chances due to using donor sperm (seemed ICSI was the practice's standard whenever possible). Freeze-all due to elevated progesterone at retrieval. 12 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 6 made it to day 5 blasts and were frozen. FET protocol with PIO and baby aspirin continuing through 10w and progesterone suppositories to 12w. Had positive beta after first FET (eSET due to my age, good embryo quality and my low tolerance for risk of multiples) resulting in current ongoing singleton pregnancy (12w).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nursing staff were great at promptly responding to my questions through the patient portal and following up with the doctor if needed. When I saw them in person at monitoring visits, I saw a lot of different nurses but they were all very professional. Nearly all of them were excellent at blood draws and at doing transvaginal ultrasounds with as little discomfort as possible. I also had to repeat my SHG and HSG, and it was much less painful with CNY than at the previous doctor I had used. Nurses were great at getting me in and out quickly at before-work appointments, yet were patient and understanding on the days I did have questions and took the time to demonstrate things such as injection technique. Occasionally I would have to ask a question of a second nurse at the next visit or through the portal when an initial nurse had said they would follow up with me. The fact that there were so many different nursing staff seemed to mean that there was not the best possible coordination, but nothing important ever was forgotten or lost for me (I felt my care was actually better organized than at a different doctor's practice when I had had an assigned nurse coordinator). It was difficult to reach staff promptly by phone at the location where I was treated, so they advised me to use the patient portal whenever possible - for the most part this was fine but there were a few times I would have liked to be able to reach someone on the phone more easily. When I needed to speak to the on-call nurse after hours I was able to reach her immediately though and she was very reassuring and scheduled me an appointment the next day for some unexplained bleeding.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
There is a lot of marketing of this practice as being integrative and spa-like. I was initially very reluctant to go to this practice because I was afraid that they would push complementary and alternative medication/treatments on me that had little evidence for efficacy. They did give me a copy of founder Dr. Kiltz's book which in my opinion has a load of dangerous nonsense mixed in with medical information. However, none of the doctors or staff ever pushed me to try anything that I didn't feel was "real" medicine (like acupuncture, massage, etc.). If you're like me- very skeptical of "alternative" treatments and prefer that your doctor stick to established medical science - I can assure you that at least the Albany location was great and I always felt that my doctors and the nursing staff were well-informed and choosing good evidence-based treatment options. The practice has a spa/wellness center above it and I was worried about this almost being a conflict of interest for the staff but my worries seemed unfounded. The clinic has very nice up-to-date equipment including new ultrasound machines, and appears clean and professional. The waiting room has a more home-like atmosphere than any other doctor I have been to. They also provided nice touches such as wipes and pads for your use in cleaning up after monitoring ultrasounds, and a warm robe at retrieval and transfer (spa-like characteristics I can get behind!). While it was sometimes hard to reach staff by phone, their use of the online portal compensated well and it was easy to review your own test results and ask questions. There was about a month's wait scheduling an initial appointment but once treatment had started they were on the ball with fitting you in and I was often able to schedule monitoring early enough to not miss work. They did not "batch" IVF patients like I have seen other practices do, so I felt confident that timing of procedures was appropriate and tailored to how I was responding. I was ultimately much more satisfied with the communication and tailored treatment from CNY than I was with a different provider where I had pursued IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center.
I was lucky enough to have full insurance coverage for nearly all IVF costs with only $20 copays for certain visits at the time I pursued treatment with Dr. Grossman. I believe I spent about $800 on donor sperm, and about $1000 for testing/consult before my insurance coverage began, to repeat HSG, SHG, and some monitored non-treatment cycle bloodwork.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I had to call the practice to get one prescription re-sent (the doctor who sent it was not my normal doctor). I was able to resolve it in time after I found that the mail order pharmacy did not have a record of that prescription. Nursing staff were quick to help me and coordinate getting the scrip re-sent.
Albany
Dr. Grossman is a very compassionate, caring doctor. I truly believe he wants everyone to succeed. He is a very pragmatic, by-the-book type doctor that needs to 'see the proof' before jumping on board with a new, innovative treatment. He believes perseverance and multiple attempts work just as well as complicated protocols. He will talk through everything with you and is very honest and blunt about things.
CNY is in Albany (Latham) NY and deals with a lot of travel patients as their price is incredibly affordable, compared to many IVF clinics. ($3900 for an IVF cycle with ICSI, frozen storage and FETs within a year of retrieval, as of Feb 2016). Their clinic itself is gorgeous and spa-like. A CNY Healing Arts spa is upstairs with a beautiful fireplace room, massages, acupuncture, and wonderful staff. The environment is so calming and very un-hospital-like.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Be open and honest with him; he does not shy away from questions or challenges. He will be willing to address whatever concerns you have but you have to share them. Also, be proactive in your professional relationship with him. He is busy and has many patients - I take the time to send him updates as to my progress throughout my cycle so that when/if I need him, he knows who I am and what is going on.
Dr. Grossman takes the time to call and write emails in response to any question or concern. Each message or call is personal and specific to me as his patient. He has remembered my profession every time we speak and it makes me feel like I am a whole person to him, not just a number.
Dr. Grossman is very "typical." I did two fairly straight-forward cycles with him: Call with CD1, baselines CD3, start stimming. Retrieval, then a day-2 transfer (and day 3 the next cycle) since I only had 1 and then 2 eggs fertilize. Both bfns and then eqq quality and a dominant follicle issue was suspected for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Greta)
Wonderful! My go-to connection at the clinic, esp as a travel patient. Saved my sanity and my butt many times. She coordinates all protocols, meds, rXs with the drs and billing team. She sends detailed instructions on a daily basis while cycling. She is compassionate and gives the BEST hugs ever <3
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CNY Fertility Center.
I monitored locally at home and traveled to CNY for retrieval and transfer only. They coordinate the out of town monitoring with you. I go on my monitoring days any time before 11 am and STAT results are sent to CNY same day. My nurse then called around 3 pm with instructions for the day based on the results. Easy peasy.
$3900 for one IVF cycle including ICSI, frozen storage for 1 year and all FETs within one year of retrieval. They also include assisted hatching and do it when indicated. If you monitor there, there is an additional $850 ($825??) fee (I did not monitor there (did so locally and was covered by my insurance despite no IVF coverage).

2010 - 2014, Successful
We did a few rounds of iui [with Dr. Michael Grossman] but i got ovarian overstimulstion with the injectables. Clomid didnt work. When iui didnt work we went onto embryo adoption...He recommended transfering 1 but for one transfer, since my embryos were frozen together and i refused to discard any he agreed to transfer all 3. Other transfers i transfered just 1 and then 2. He told me his reasoning why but allowed me to choose
During an embryo transfer the clinic [CNY Fertility Center] thawed my embryos 5 days too early. We had to refreeze them then rethaw for the transfer when my body eas ready. The embryos never resulted in a pregnancy... i really appreciated the on site acupuncture and massage during treatment and transfer. Clean, welcoming environment. They make appointments pretty quick...Most [nurses] were good but not all. During a huge error on the clinics side, they thawed my embryos 5 days early, the nurse that called me acted like simply making more embryos would be the same thing. Not valuing my religious views of ewch embryo being an individual life.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He had grwst bedside manner and i felt important. I have religious views that disagreed with doing ivf and i never felt judged by him for this. Eventhough the clinic made a mistake in my care, he did his best to correct it.
Id have more advice regarding the clinic than i would about dr grossman. Hes the only doctor i would want over my care in this clinic.
Dr grossman has great bedside manner. He remembered details of my first transfer years later.
I dont remember many details. We did a few rounds of iui but i got ovarian overstimulstion with the injectables. Clomid didnt work. When iui didnt work we went onto embryo adoption
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Most were good but not all. During a huge error on the clinics side, they thawed my embryos 5 days early, the nurse that called me acted like simply making more embryos would be the same thing. Not valuing my religious views of ewch embryo being an individual life.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are a little too nee age-y for me, but i really appreciated the on site acupuncture and massage during treatment and transfer. Clean, welcoming environment. They make appointments pretty quick.
I dont remember besides the 500$ social work fee for the embryos.
Describe Michael Grossman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CNY Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
During an embryo transfer the clinic thawed my embryos 5 days too early. We had to refreeze them then rethaw for the transfer when my body eas ready. The embryos never resulted in a pregnancy.

2009 - 2012, Successful
Dr. Grossman is kind and honest and thoughtful. I miscarried a month after being released from his care, and when he found out, he called me immediately. He offers encouragement and realism...The only negative I can think of was that I wish I could have seen him at every appointment...He's a little goofy, but you're in great hands....One [strength] I didn't mention was his welcoming of a second opinion when I expressed defeat after failed/cancelled cycle number 15.
There was clearly one star: Greta. She was the nurse [at CNY - Albany] that everyone turned to with questions... Everyone was kind and compassionate. A few times I would have liked a second opinion on dosages or adjustments to drugs I was taking...this clinic has a spa in house that offers acupuncture, yoga, massage all designed to help in conception. And a fabulous fireplace in the waiting room. And they were almost 100% on time with appointments.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
See the earlier page for his strengths. One I didn't mention was his welcoming of a second opinion when I expressed defeat after failed/cancelled cycle number 15. The only negative I can think of was that I wish I could have seen him at every appointment.
He's a little goofy, but you're in great hands.
We started with unmedicated IUIs; went on to Clomid (which my body didn't tolerate); then on to a different oral drug (name I can't remember); after 5-6 failures, Dr. Grossman suggested I change donors. Tried that for a few more orally medicated IUIs. My insurance didn't pay for injectibles, so he suggested we move on to IVF. I conceived with an extremely low HCG level. Dr. Grossman was very candid in his lack of faith in the pregnancy. I ended up miscarrying at 11 weeks, 6 days. Next step was the transfer of an embryo that I had frozen. It was supported by injections post-transfer. That failed. I tried one more medicated IUI, which failed. I sought the advice of another doctor who added estrogen priming (DHA) to my final IVF attempt. It worked and I have a beautiful four-year-old daughter. All attempts were supported by post-insemination etc progesterone/estrace. Vaginal suppositories or injections.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
There was clearly one star: Greta. She was the nurse that everyone turned to with questions. She also seemed to be Dr. Grossman's most trusted adviser. Everyone was kind and compassionate. A few times I would have liked a second opinion on dosages or adjustments to drugs I was taking.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Nothing to report that wasn't already typed in the review of Dr. Grossman and the nurses except that this clinic has a spa in house that offers acupuncture, yoga, massage all designed to help in conception. And a fabulous fireplace in the waiting room. And they were almost 100% on time with appointments.
From start to finish, probably $30,000.
I was sufficiently educated about the options should I become pregnant with triplets when trying to decide how many of the three embryos I should transfer at IVF attempt #1.

2023, Unknown Success
During a procedure, he [Dr. Michael Grossman] talked me through what he was doing as he was doing it and kept checking on my comfort level...I liked his warm demeanor. Fertility concerns can be very scary but he had a nice sense of “we’re going to figure this out!” positivity, which made me feel more comfortable. He also checked in with me regularly throughout my procedure...completed an HSG procedure for me while trying to diagnose the cause for my infertility
The only bad thing I can say is the wait time for the initial [CNY Fertility Center] appointment (our consultation was scheduled 6 weeks out). Everything else has been great. I like the ability to message on the portal, where I can ask a question or get clarity on something, or request medication refills. It makes it easy...the nursing staff was so kind. I had no fewer than 14 appointments and ultrasounds, and each nurse was compassionate and positive!
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
During a procedure, he talked me through what he was doing as he was doing it and kept checking on my comfort level
Dr. Grossman completed an HSG procedure for me while trying to diagnose the cause for my infertility. As he was performing it, the catheter fell out of my cervix multiple times. After a few attempts, checking in with me for pain level, because it’s not a pleasant procedure, he pivoted and recommended a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy to figure out what was causing the blockage. During those procedures, they found endometriosis, which was a contributing factor to my infertility.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
I did back to back egg retrievals (2 in a month and a half), and the nursing staff was so kind. I had no fewer than 14 appointments and ultrasounds, and each nurse was compassionate and positive!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The only bad thing I can say is the wait time for the initial appointment (our consultation was scheduled 6 weeks out). Everything else has been great. I like the ability to message on the portal, where I can ask a question or get clarity on something, or request medication refills. It makes it easy.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr.Grossman discussed IUIs, medication, injectable IUI, IVF and surrogacy in full detail. He looked over my past medical and explained what he thought would be best and why. He answered every question I had with detail and compassion...The only downside is I wish he was more involved with the process. Once you have original consults, the nurses take over everything. He is very knowledgable and cares about his patients and makes sure you’re completely comfortable with the treatment plan you decide on.
The nursing staff [at CNY Fertility Center] is wonderful. Really caring and knowledgeable. I only wish they communicated better. I know they are EXTREMELY busy. But follow up phone calls from lab work would be a big bonus...If I can’t afford my co pays at my visits, I ask them to bill me and it’s never an issue...The entire team is really caring. I always feel the compassion from the Drs and nursing staff. The billing team works with what works for you which is much less stressful. I recommend CNY to everyone I know that is having issues conceiving.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Unfortunately, the initial consult wait time is a little out but he is worth the wait!!
Dr. Grossman is a very caring man. He genuinely listens to your concerns and what will make you most comfortable. While his schedule is very busy, he sees you in a short time if you need to connect with him again once you’re treatments begin. I wish he could delivery babies too! He’s wonderful
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is wonderful. Really caring and knowledgeable. I only wish they communicated better. I know they are EXTREMELY busy. But follow up phone calls from lab work would be a big bonus
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Luckily, insurance covered most. If I can’t afford my co pays at my visits, I ask them to bill me and it’s never an issue.
None
Albany

Dr. Grossman has always been willing to answer any and all questions that may arise that anytime. He always explains what is going on in a detailed manner in which it is easy for me to understand. He is always direct but in a compassionate way...I have a rare history of an ovarian torsion at the age of 5. He understood right away I’m use to feeling like a Petri dish and didn’t want that feeling when trying to become a mother. He has been blunt but in a nice manner telling me and my husband things he would recommend fixing before beginning and our chances if we do not take those recommendations. I love that I can always reach him or someone in the office and they never act like I’m bothering them when I have a question or I’m crying due to a set back. I love the clinic and Dr. Grossman.
Anytime I have called the nursing staff [at CNY Fertility Center] they have been compassionate, willing to either answer my questions or find out the answer from the doctors...The clinic is excellent they have their own lab with an embryologist , they have several locations in NY, they explain how out of state patients will be taken care of and things we need to do differently, they make treatments affordable for all people including payment plans. I haven’t seen any weaknesses as of yet.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask him any questions you may have.
We are about to start IVF treatment with Dr. Grossman from the beginning he has treated me like a person not an experiment. I have a rare history of an ovarian torsion at the age of 5. He understood right away I’m use to feeling like a Petri dish and didn’t want that feeling when trying to become a mother. He has been blunt but in a nice manner telling me and my husband things he would recommend fixing before beginning and our chances if we do not take those recommendations. I love that I can always reach him or someone in the office and they never act like I’m bothering them when I have a question or I’m crying due to a set back. I love the clinic and Dr. Grossman.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Anytime I have called the nursing staff they have been compassionate, willing to either answer my questions or find out the answer from the doctors.
Albany
Doctor took the time to actually sit down with us and discuss the process and options....we started trying with the less invasive treatment and having MFI he guided us through stuff that could help my husband improve his sperm health and now we have our son... He was very good at explaining treatment options and other information in a manner that we could understand....Dr grossman worked with what our insurance would cover
Very clean, organized. There is always a way to get in touch with either the doctors or the nurses for advice or to answer questions . I loved how fast they [CNY- Albany] can give out appointments. The nurses were also very knowledgeable....The nursing staff was always polite and if I had any questions they would made sure I had an answer before I left the office. Very attentive...Dr grossman worked with what our insurance would cover
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
I loved his sense of humor. My husband and I felt comfortable talking to him. He was very good at explaining treatment options and other information in a manner that we could understand. And most importantly he let us try without any invasive fertility treatments since we didn’t have the means to pay. He worked with what our insurance would cover
Don’t be afraid to open up. He is only there to help
Doctor took the time to actually sit down with us and discuss the process and options. He found out why we were not conceiving and we started trying with the less invasive treatment and having MFI he guided us through stuff that could help my husband improve his sperm health and now we have our son
He referred my husband to a urologist. The urologist gave him advice on how to improve his health to improve his sperm health. During that process he started me on a pill to make try and make me have regular cycles and sometime in between that we finally conceived my little boy
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Very clean, organized. There is always a way to get in touch with either the doctors or the nurses for advice or to answer questions . I loved how fast they can give out appointments. The nurses were also very knowledgeable.
Dr grossman worked with what our insurance would cover since we weren’t financially ready for big medical bills.
2015 - 2017, Successful
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Grossman was patient, kind, a good communicator and very professional, while helping me feel calm and at peace. He showed empathy and made me feel cared for and that he was trustworthy. He always responded to my questions in a timely and caring manner....We started with the “less is more approach” and only retrieved 3 embryos at first. We did a fresh transfer that failed. We repeated a similar protocol with higher stimulating meds next, and produced more embryos.
They [CNY- Albany] care about women’s rights to get affordable IVF treatment. They care about the woman as a whole human focusing on all aspects of the journey. They were caring and compassionate and treated me like family.... 800 monitoring fee 3900 fresh cycle 1500 frozen cycle Not included meds...The staff was so caring and sweet. They became more like friends. I trusted them and their advice. They had a huge role in helping me through the emotional/mental aspect of IVF.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Stay patient and don’t give up if the cycles don’t work.
He was warm, caring, compassionate, funny, and made me feel at ease and cared for.
We started with the “less is more approach” and only retrieved 3 embryos at first. We did a fresh transfer that failed. We repeated a similar protocol with higher stimulating meds next, and produced more embryos. That fresh transfer failed. We did a frozen transfer that resulted in eptopic. I asked to be put on lovenox and intralipids for the following FET, he agreed, and I had. Live birth Singleton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Justine taylor)
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They care about women’s rights to get affordable IVF treatment. They care about the woman as a whole human focusing on all aspects of the journey. They were caring and compassionate and treated me like family.
800 monitoring fee 3900 fresh cycle 1500 frozen cycle Not included meds
He always suggested single transfers, but ultimately let the choice be mine. I elected 2 embryos each transfer.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Dr. Grossman was our Godsend. He was so nice and warm. He made sure we understood everything and was very patient with our million questions....Dr Grossman made us feel like he was on the journey with us and wanted us to succeed.... First cycle with CNY we did the Lupron shots.... After that failed. Dr.Grossman suggested we don’t do the Lupron shots with the next cycle. We added the acupuncture as well and SUCCESS!!!
The only weakness [CNY Fertility Ctr - Latham] was there was a 45 minute wait for a room to give the sperm sample and my hubby had to go into one of the massage rooms since the “ sample room “ was unavailable and he ended up missing our first meeting because he was waiting... [nurses] So caring and we felt they were really rooting for us... Dr Grossman made us feel like he was on the journey with us and wanted us to succeed.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Dr. Grossman was our Godsend. He was so nice and warm. He made sure we understood everything and was very patient with our million questions. We are hoping to do another cycle to try from r baby number two and look forward to seeing Dr. Grossman soon
Trust him and his expertise
Dr Grossman made us so comfortable. Coming from another facility where we did 4 cycles and were treated so much like just a paycheck it was so refreshing to feel like our doctor cared. Dr Grossman made us feel like he was on the journey with us and wanted us to succeed.
First cycle with CNY we did the Lupron shots. And the progesterone shits along with all the other meds. After that failed. Dr.Grossman suggested we don’t do the Lupron shots with the next cycle. We added the acupuncture as well and SUCCESS!!!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
So caring and we felt they were really rooting for us
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The only weakness was there was a 45 minute wait for a room to give the sperm sample and my hubby had to go into one of the massage rooms since the “ sample room “ was unavailable and he ended up missing our first meeting because he was waiting
We spent over 60,000 at different clinic for 4 failures. We were about wiped out. And were gonna to give up. On a hunch I found CNY and I wish we would have found them first
I think it’s best to do only one embryo. It causes less stress on the body

2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Grossman] was so kind, he explained the procedure well and where I could understand it. I highly recommend him, he makes sure you’re comfortable and had a very warm bed side manner. ... He was kind, and very well spoken. He treated me like I had been his patient for years and years. He did the procedure super quickly, he explained everything that would happen and what I could expect. Loved him!
They [CNY Fertility Center] were very on schedule, I didn’t have to sit and wait a long time. They were very sweet and talked to you like you were family. Ask questions, they answer them without hesitation. The doctors and nurses were all very professional and made me feel as ease through the entire process. And after my procedure we’re so sweet and helpful. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Ask any questions you have and he will definitely answer them.
He was so kind, he explained the procedure well and where I could understand it. I highly recommend him, he makes sure you’re comfortable and had a very warm bed side manner.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Nursing staff was amazing. So sweet and took great care of me. Helped keep me calm, and they were just all around wonderful!
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They were very on schedule, I didn’t have to sit and wait a long time. They were very sweet and talked to you like you were family. Ask questions, they answer them without hesitation. The doctors and nurses were all very professional and made me feel as ease through the entire process. And after my procedure we’re so sweet and helpful. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking fertility treatment.
3,900 for my ivf cycle which includes the retrieval and transfer and then my meds were all separate and then a 150 dollar out of state care fee.

Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Surrogacy With Other Docs
My care has been compassionate. He [Dr. Grossman] took the time to hear of our loss and was knowledgeable about her genetic condition.... He was very busy but super knowledgeable. He had all of the background information on my conditions and the condition of the baby we lost also. All of the nurses and staff at CNY were awesome too.... Originally we were doing immune protocol for me. However before starting our cycle I developed a very serious DVT. For that reason we now need a gestational carrier.
It takes a really really long time to get an initial consult, but once you're established things go smoother. The nurses handle most everything. The donor registry could be longer but they're working on it.... All of the nurses and staff at CNY were awesome too. My husband and I were able to complete the needed screening and freeze sperm in one visit. We are travel patients so that was very convenient for us.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He was very busy but super knowledgeable. He had all of the background information on my conditions and the condition of the baby we lost also. All of the nurses and staff at CNY were awesome too. My husband and I were able to complete the needed screening and freeze sperm in one visit. We are travel patients so that was very convenient for us.
Have your questions listed to maximize your time in your consult. They're busy.
My care has been compassionate. He took the time to hear of our loss and was knowledgeable about her genetic condition.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Allyson Santoro)
Allyson took the time to call me and hear our story. Knowing where we started our journey she was able to help us plan for the next steps in a customized manner.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Single embryo transfer because multiples are hi risk
Syracuse

Dr. Grossman is a whirlwind. He speaks at a thousand miles per hour, but he ensures all questions are answered and will explain something a different way if you don't understand. I have seen him all but once (I had my retrieval with a different doctor) and he has been on time, and will request Dr. Grossman if at all possible.... Dr. Grossman ensures all questions are answered and that you're comfortable with the treatment plan.
CNY is fairly upfront with pricing. Their IVF cost is bottom line and does not include meds, monitoring, or any additional treatment.... Occasionally you do feel like a number, especially as a travel patient. However, the travel team is amazing. If you call in and get the clinical team, ask specifically for the travel team. The travel team understands concerns of being a travel patient.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Tell him to slow down and explain things to your satisfaction.
I don't know which protocol I was on, but they were flexible when I had severe ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I am a travel patient and get my labs and ultrasounds done at home.
They stated success rates are slightly better with eSET
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
I simply had issues conveying how much I could not be on prednisone.
Albany

He [Dr. Grossman] was extremely compassionate and caring. His empathy was more than I could have asked for.... From the second he came into the room he put my husband’s and my mind at ease. He explained every little detail of what he was doing and make us feel very comfortable. His compassion and empathy made us feel important and not just like a number or dollar signs like we felt at other fertility offices we have been to.
I only have All strengths to discuss. The office [CNY Fertility] was beautiful and so was the staff. It was a Very comforting atmosphere. Upstairs they have a spa where they offer massages and Accupunture. Both the Accupunture i received and massage my husband received were exceptional. I truely believe because of the Accupunture and the office it made me feel Very relaxed and allowed my transfer to work.... Every nurse I came in contact with or spoke to on the phone were helpful and knowledgeable.
Do it! It’s worth it!
He was extremely compassionate and caring. His empathy was more than I could have asked for.
Gonal f Hcg Lh Prednisone Ldn Baby aspirin Endomitrium Progesterone injections Intralipids
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
I only have All strengths to discuss. The office was beautiful and so was the staff. It was a Very comforting atmosphere. Upstairs they have a spa where they offer massages and Accupunture. Both the Accupunture i received and massage my husband received were exceptional. I truely believe because of the Accupunture and the office it made me feel Very relaxed and allowed my transfer to work.
$3900
Albany

He [Dr. Grossman] was very educated in his explanation and options based on my medical history. To be honest we only saw him for our consultation and I have only seen nurses for the actual monitoring and procedures.... He only mentioned the course of action when we decided to try IUI before any other invasive treatment. After our decision the nurses have made all the calls.... He explained things realistically and scientifically which was a good balance.
CNY Is great at scheduling. The nursing staff is amazing. Billing is great, I’ve never had issues. They are prompt in calling with any issues or results you’re waiting for. I can’t say they have any weaknesses, they’ve only corrected issues I’ve had with my pharmacy in a and timely manner. Always know I’m talking about if I call about something frantically. They seem to always have the answers!... They are quick to respond when I needed something regarding a prescription/my insurance, etc...
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He was very educated in his explanation and options based on my medical history. To be honest we only saw him for our consultation and I have only seen nurses for the actual monitoring and procedures.
Ask a lot of questions because he gives a lot of helpful answers.
He explained things realistically and scientifically which was a good balance. We felt comfortable.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Amazing. Helpful. Nice! And comforting. They are quick to respond when I needed something regarding a prescription/my insurance, etc...
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My insurance covers IUI so I only pay a $20 copay per visit and I’ve been there too many times to keep track of the total cost.

2014 - 2018, Successful
LGBTQ+
Dr Grossman makes me feel comfortable and i feel completely confident on his care that i will have succes.... Great bedside manner. Always pleasant and caring.... Always made me feel hopeful. Always seems like he cares about me, as a patient and our desire to have a baby....The waiting room [CNY Fertility Center - Latham] is calming and Zen. The staff always has a smile on their face and makes me feel at ease.... Always clean and welcoming....
The waiting room [CNY Fertility Center - Latham] is calming and Zen. The staff always has a smile on their face and makes me feel at ease. I see there is some construction going on but you can’t hear it, it’s not disturbing and it’s not messy.... Always clean and welcoming.... They had packages where you could buy multiple cycles for less... [Nurses] Always responded to messages and always knowledgeable about what was ask. Always ends a conversation with “My pleasure”.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Always made me feel hopeful. Always seems like he cares about me, as a patient and our desire to have a baby. Dr Grossman makes me feel comfortable and i feel completely confident on his care that i will have succes.
Be ready to laugh.
Great bedside manner. Always pleasant and caring.
I’m not really sure. I remember Gonal f, menapure, Lupron, progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Always clean and welcoming. The waiting room is calming and Zen. The staff always has a smile on their face and makes me feel at ease. I see there is some construction going on but you can’t hear it, it’s not disturbing and it’s not messy.
During my last cycle, my insurance only paid for my meds so i paid around $3900 for the first cycle and then he clinic allowed me to add on to pay for my second too. They had packages where you could buy multiple cycles for less but i didn’t do that. Thankful the financial team was very understanding and allowed me to “upgrade”. I think in the end we paid around $10000
Yes. I always felt comfortable with his practice

2012 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr.Grossman is a soft spoken and kind Doctor with a great sense of humor. He's also very open minded to different protocols. Dr.Grossman genuinely cares about his patients and their success. He explains the treatment plan thoroughly and in a a way that is easily understood. Dr.Grossman has a way with making even the most stressful situations more manageable....For IUIs with injections I was on 75iu follistim/75 menopur. I have PCOS so a low dose for an IUI worked like a charm.
The nurses [CNY- Latham] always would message back in a timely manner. They also described everything well during monitoring appointments...Strengths- great staff. Great atmosphere. You immediately feel comfortable and relaxed despite a stressful situation. Weaknesses- seems to have issues getting tests results faxed from outside monitoring placea...Dr.Grossman is a soft spoken and kind Doctor with a great sense of humor.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Don't be afraid to suggest different protocols to him!
Always thoughtful. Explained everything fully and in a way that was easily understood. Really seems to care about his patients.
For IUIs with injections I was on 75iu follistim/75 menopur. I have PCOS so a low dose for an IUI worked like a charm. I have 2 children from IUIs For my first IVF cycle I was on 225 follistim/75 menopur. 21 eggs retrieved. Only 4 embryos. None made it to day 5.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nurses always would message back in a timely manner. They also described everything well during monitoring appointments
Ivf-3900 Biopsy fee-700
Albany

He [Dr. Michael Grossman] was really easy to talk to and understanding. Explained things really well. Was amazing and caring when I lost my first pregnancy. He counseled me appropriately, and performed the D&C. I always felt like a priority to him...Started with letrozole and iui which resulted in pregnancy on the first cycle. I miscarried at 8 weeks, and did a few more letrozole cycles. He then switched me to an injectable cycle (menopur, Gonal F) with iui. I had a successful pregnancy on the second injectable cycle.
[CNY Fertility Center is a] Beautiful facility, provides holistic care with a spa above the clinic. Only weakness is that hours are a little funny so that it gets really packed at times. Even so, appts move fast and they do what they can to reduce wait time. And offer chair massages in the waiting room when it’s busy!...They [nurses] were all amazing...He [Dr. Grossman] was very caring, sensitive, and clear with delivery of information.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He was really easy to talk to and understanding. Explained things really well. Was amazing and caring when I lost my first pregnancy. He counseled me appropriately, and performed the D&C. I always felt like a priority to him.
He’s very descriptive in his explanations.
He was very caring, sensitive, and clear with delivery of information.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Niccole davey)
They were all amazing.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
My insurance covered most everything. I paid out of pocket for some additional genetic testing and a $20 at most visits.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Around $500 for injectible IUI cycle...Strengths-comfortable atmosphere and friendly staff Negative-very busy and can receive several different options depending on if you see several nurses during a cycle...Dr Grossman has been caring, honest, professional, compassionate and optimistic...Dr Grossman has increased and changed my meds during a few cycles to attempt to find the right fit. There are times he gets ahead of himself during or discussions which can leave me feeling confused but overall shows his compassion and optimism.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Write down your questions and his answers. Appointments can be overwhelming and it's best to make a list to feel prepared.
Dr Grossman increased my injectiblea dosage after the 1st failed IUI and used a method he referred to as "hitting the gas and the break" at the same time to attempt to thicken my lining and grow follicles at the same rate.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Caring, compassionate and very down to earth. I would request Nicole often because she always remembered and understood my issues and was diligent.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Around $500 for injectible IUI cycle.
I have not started an IVF cycle yet due to not being able to afford treatment.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Not really specific issues just had an issue once where the nurses thought I was doing IVF and it was an IUI cycle.
2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Michael Grossman] was very good at explaining my options so I understood. He always made sure I was ok and they my questions were answered. I was very comfortable with him as my Doctor. The first time we met with him I was very overwhelmed so we took a break and met again about a year later. During our second meeting he was made sure to ease my overwhelming feelings and take time to go over everything again. He also seemed to remember us from our first meeting.
The clinic [CNY-Latham] overall is a good clinic. I felt comfortable there. I was comfortable with the staff. They have good communication with you about your test results, medication needs. I had to make an emergency call because I ran out of meds and my pharmacy didn’t have what I needed in stock. The on call nurse was very quick into transferring my RX and making sure I got what I needed. I also ran out of needles during my treatment and the nurse made gave me plenty so I wouldn’t run out again.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He was very good at explaining my options so I understood. He always made sure I was ok and they my questions were answered. I was very comfortable with him as my Doctor. The first time we met with him I was very overwhelmed so we took a break and met again about a year later. During our second meeting he was made sure to ease my overwhelming feelings and take time to go over everything again. He also seemed to remember us from our first meeting.
He took the time to listen to my concerns and explain my options with me.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
The nursing staff at CNY is very caring and compassionate. They take the time to talk to you and reassure you.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
The clinic overall is a good clinic. I felt comfortable there. I was comfortable with the staff. They have good communication with you about your test results, medication needs. I had to make an emergency call because I ran out of meds and my pharmacy didn’t have what I needed in stock. The on call nurse was very quick into transferring my RX and making sure I got what I needed. I also ran out of needles during my treatment and the nurse made gave me plenty so I wouldn’t run out again.
My insurance covered most of it. There were co pays involved for monitoring.
Albany
I only saw Grossman for either retrival or transfer. He was kind and knowledgeable. I always felt like it wouldnt work for some reaaon. And it did not. I would love to try again. I do trust Dr. Grossman, along with Ditkoff who i also saw....Lupron, progesterone, and i can not recall the other medications used in my treatmen. It was all IVF and i believe a standard protocol.
Busy clinic [CNY-Latham], strengths friendly and organized. Weakness, felt like a clinic, would have liked more individualized care. Sometimes it felt very busy and that i was just another client. The office its self was comfortable and relaxing.... All the nursing staff were efficient in treating me. One could tell they are busy and its a busy clinic. But i trusted them and the process.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Write things down. Ask questions and keep the same nurse if possible, because you will see nurses more then doctors.
He was personable and kind.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Busy clinic, strengths friendly and organized. Weakness, felt like a clinic, would have liked more individualized care. Sometimes it felt very busy and that i was just another client. The office its self was comfortable and relaxing.
It would have been worth the 20,000.00, spent if a baby was the prize. Unfortunately for me this has not happened yet.
I just had to trust them.
Albany
He [Dr. Grossman] was kind and reassuring. Well practiced and I was totally comfortable with him. I had little interaction with him but what I did have was positive. He allowed my daughter to be in the room for transfer and was patient and kind to her.... Understand CNY is an insanely busy clinic and it’s impossible for everyone to get the attention some may crave....I i never met the staff prior to me coming in for transfer so no relationship developed.
Because they [CNY - Syracuse] take on everyone they are incredibly busy. So busy it’s extremely difficult to get ahold of someone and no one is familiar with your individual case. They are like a day spa which offers a level of comfort and relaxation you don’t get at other clinics. Staff is incredibly kind... It was difficult getting ahold of travel team and no one was familiar with my personal case... Because they are so busy your results often get lost
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He was kind and reassuring. Well practiced and I was totally comfortable with him. I had little interaction with him but what I did have was positive. He allowed my daughter to be in the room for transfer and was patient and kind to her.
I i never met the staff prior to me coming in for transfer so no relationship developed. It was difficult getting ahold of travel team and no one was familiar with my personal case
I honestly have no idea. I’ve done so many cycles they all blend together
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Busy. Understaffed. Too many cases to manage. It’s impossible to give great care with their workload
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Because they take on everyone they are incredibly busy. So busy it’s extremely difficult to get ahold of someone and no one is familiar with your individual case. They are like a day spa which offers a level of comfort and relaxation you don’t get at other clinics. Staff is incredibly kind
I wasn’t monitored at this clinic. I was monitored in CA
$3400 to the clinic All other fees were paid direct to monitoring clinics and pharmacies
With my history and age they allowed multiple
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CNY Fertility Center.
Because they are so busy your results often get lost
Syracuse

He [Dr. Michael Grossman] explained what to expect during our initial visit. Our options were also discussed as well as how different treatments may require different protocols. Even during some very sad and trying times he helped me have hope. Eventually I got my rainbow baby.... During the two instances when I miscarried he was very caring and understanding. It was a very difficult time and he was reassuring and was comforting.
Marianne [ a nurse at CNY] was fantastic she made me feel comfortable from the very beginning. She was always warm and friendly. She was the nurse who was able to get me pregnant each time. She shared in my pain when I not only suffered one miscarriage but suffered a second. She was there to comfort me and cry with me. I am thankful for each and every day.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
He explained what to expect during our initial visit. Our options were also discussed as well as how different treatments may require different protocols. Even during some very sad and trying times he helped me have hope. Eventually I got my rainbow baby.
He is kind and compassionate. Ask him anything he will be honest.
I felt like a human. During the two instances when I miscarried he was very caring and understanding. It was a very difficult time and he was reassuring and was comforting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CNY Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Marianne )
Marianne was fantastic she made me feel comfortable from the very beginning. She was always warm and friendly. She was the nurse who was able to get me pregnant each time. She shared in my pain when I not only suffered one miscarriage but suffered a second. She was there to comfort me and cry with me. I am thankful for each and every day.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
They are very kind. The wait times are usually not too long like in other offices. They are always there to listen and try to accommodate your schedule as best as they possibly can. I hope you love them just as I did!
I did IUI which was covered by insurance. The medications were pretty much covered with nothing but a copay due. Costs were pretty minimal.

2009 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr gross man [Michael Grossman] always called us by name and was very responsive and available. Caring open and honest... Open honest caring and calls you by name. I had a complication from my first retrieval that required transfer to hospital and further care and Dr Grossman was great with everything, explaining things and providing hospital care as well as follow up clinic care
[CNY is] Very busy. Sometimes hard to get in touch with people. Would be nice to have a care team so it’s easier to contact someone. Great doctors and nurses. Clean. Good hours. Like the holistic clinic upstairs. Sometimes nurses run very very behind schedule... 3,900 for retrieval and all costs associated with that cycle. Biopsy of embryo was 1,000. Insurance covered my monitoring. Meds were about 3,000 each cycle. PGD was another 4,000 per cycle. For IUI meds were the same price and monitoring was covered
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
As previously described. Open honest caring and calls you by name. I had a complication from my first retrieval that required transfer to hospital and further care and Dr Grossman was great with everything, explaining things and providing hospital care as well as follow up clinic care
Schedule talks with gim
Dr gross man always called us by name and was very responsive and available. Caring open and honest
Don’t remember
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CNY Fertility Center.
Very busy. Seem overwhelmed with a lot of responsibility. Very caring. Sometimes seemed rushed.

2011 - 2015, Successful
Very good clinician - transfers much less painful with Dr. Grossman than with other mds. Caring, considerate, professional. Explains things in terms easy to understand.
How was your experience with Michael Grossman at CNY Fertility Center?
Caring, considerate, professional. Explains things in terms easy to understand. Very good clinician - transfers much less painful with Dr. Grossman than with other mds.
Good clinician, excellent at transfer procedures.
Considerate of my privacy
Did almost every protacol, all with usually the same results.
Greta is the out-of-town patient RN coordinator and is on the ball. Some of the other nursing staff is not - they don't call with test results/medication instructions. OR staff is very good. Kimmie is excellent - thorough, compassionate, accommodating.
Describe your experience with CNY Fertility Center.
Beautiful clinic, best medical office I've ever been to. Waiting room has couches, coffee, soft lighting, and relaxing music. Not like any waiting area I've seen - more like a spa. One room for procedure and recovery, PRIVATE. Not a big room with multiple beds like other clinics.
Was an out-of-town patient, did monitoring where I lived and not at this clinic
The least expensive cycle costs I found anywhere. HALF the cost of most other clincis.