1 review

11818 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90025

2023, Successful
2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Vyas was highly positive both in terms of results and level of care...discussed our results with her embryologist and came prepared with ideas of what went wrong in our past cycles and how best to address those issues moving forward...she worked with the lab to perform the egg retrieval early in the morning and the ICSI in a later time slot to maximize egg maturity
CFP is very well-run and efficient and were easy to work with...seems like they have a very strong lab...felt well-taken care of...do not accept health insurance (but I think they do accept specific fertility insurance)...this also allowed the process to run much more smoothly...were a couple scheduling/communication issues...fixed them immediately so it wasn't a real concern.
How was your experience with Nina Vyas at California Fertility Partners?
My experience with Dr. Vyas was highly positive both in terms of results and level of care. In our initial consultation she had looked through our records, discussed our results with her embryologist and came prepared with ideas of what went wrong in our past cycles and how best to address those issues moving forward. Nobody else, not even our prior doctor who managed those cycles, brought this level of insight. She also took the time to get to know us and understand our goals. During the cycle Dr. Vyas performed every ultrasound. She made medication adjustments as needed, explained her decisions, and set clear expectations at every stage. When I reached out with questions she often answered directly. I felt at ease during the cycle because she was so clearly on top of everything and was invested in our success. She also took the time to check in with me pre and post retrieval, and followed up directly with results. In our single cycle with Dr. Vyas we ended up with 3 normal embryos, which was shocking after our past two cycles combined only yielded 1, and our experience was also much more positive emotionally.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nina Vyas at California Fertility Partners?
I feel so lucky to have met Dr. Vyas after two disappointing cycles at another clinic. Dr. Vyas went out of her way to provide individualized treatment that took both my medical history and emotional setbacks into account. She was the only doctor we consulted with who took the time to thoroughly review and think critically about our past cycles at the depth required to make meaningful recommendations. After feeling like a number for the better part of a year, it meant everything to feel like a human with Dr. Vyas and CFP!
Describe the protocols Nina Vyas used in your cycles at California Fertility Partners and their degree of success.
Dr. Vyas used Estrogen priming (patches) after ovulation. On day 2 of my cycle I started 5 days of Clomid. On day 3 I started low dose Follistim and Menopur. She increased the Follistim midway through and added Ganirelix. She used a dual trigger (Hcg and Lupron) and determined dosage based on my hormone levels. She thought a gentler approach, combined with adding clomid, and a dual trigger, would be better due to my diminished reserve and past outcomes from mid-high level meds. She also carefully adjusted trigger time to allow more follicles to mature. Additionally she worked with the lab to perform the egg retrieval early in the morning and the ICSI in a later time slot to maximize egg maturity. Overall we ended up with far more eggs and embryos than prior cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at California Fertility Partners. (Assigned nurse: April)
Given that my cycle was during a busy time and landed over the holidays I saw a few different nurses at my appointments, but they were all organized and helpful.
Describe your experience with California Fertility Partners.
CFP is very well-run and efficient and were easy to work with. Based on results and their attention to detail it seems like they have a very strong lab. Overall I felt well-taken care of. They do not accept health insurance (but I think they do accept specific fertility insurance) but I think, unfortunately, this also allowed the process to run much more smoothly. There were a couple scheduling/communication issues but they noticed and fixed them immediately so it wasn't a real concern.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nina Vyas at California Fertility Partners.
~$20k