6.1
6.1

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Univ of Connecticut School of Medicine
New York-Presbyterian / Weill Cornell Medical Center
Univ of Pittsburgh Medical Center

Priyanka Ghosh works in 1 office at

244 Westchester Ave
West Harrison, NY 10604

2023 - 2024, Successful
Dr. Ghosh’s knowledge, expertise, empathy, and optimism reframed the whole IVF experience for me...After my first failed cycle...adjusted by adding estrogen...doubled the amount of eggs retrieved...always felt respected and heard...was always available to answer my questions or field concerns. Communication was excellent
CUFC is busy and services many patients, but this didn’t diminish the individual care...Scans and bloodwork run like a well-oiled machine...Elizabeth, was extremely caring and knowledgeable...staff was always caring and accommodating, and explained what was happening at each step
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Since our first meeting, Dr. Ghosh’s knowledge, expertise, empathy, and optimism reframed the whole IVF experience for me – I immediately felt at ease, and that a family could be possible for me at 40. You can quickly tell that this is a caring provider who wants the best for you. Both my partner and I always felt respected and heard. Dr. Ghosh conveyed information in a way that really respected our intelligence and made us feel included – clearly and thoroughly, using medical terms and then explaining those terms. She was always available to answer my questions or field concerns. Communication was excellent – I was always given a thoughtful, expert response.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Trust the process – IVF injections are not as scary as you imagine, especially with such excellent care. Do not get discouraged if your first round of IVF is unsuccessful. The first round is an opportunity to access exactly what you’ll need for the next one.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Dr. Ghosh was wonderful, empathetic, and genuine through every step of the process. I felt extremely supported – she was always there to answer questions and explain everything about the IVF journey. She truly cares about her patients – it made me feel so much better about the whole experience.
Describe the protocols Priyanka Ghosh used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
After my first failed cycle, Dr. Ghosh adjusted by adding estrogen. It doubled the amount of eggs retrieved – an amazing outcome for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Ginley )
My nurse, Elizabeth, was extremely caring and knowledgeable. The email instructions I received throughout our IVF cycle made the experience so much easier. There was never a question about what to inject or how. Elizabeth always checked on me to make sure everything was going smoothly. She also answered any questions that arose promptly and clearly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The Columbus Circle office of CUFC is busy and services many patients, but this didn’t diminish the individual care. Scans and bloodwork run like a well-oiled machine. The staff was always caring and accommodating, and explained what was happening at each step. When you’re visiting so often, you really just want all of your visits to go quickly and smoothly. This was always the case for me. In terms of other doctors who performed my egg retrievals and embryo transfer – they were all incredible. I felt really nervous before my procedures – the doctors always helped to put me at ease, and every one went well, without issues.
Describe Priyanka Ghosh's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
I was very happy with Dr. Ghosh's approach to single embryo transfer - this was the safest option for both me and my embryo, and was explained to us clearly.
2023, 23 Eggs Frozen
I had a good experience with Dr. Ghosh with regards to my egg retrieval process. She was approachable and explained the process in great detail. She often asked how I was doing so I didn't feel like I was being talked down at...Ask as many questions as you can - Dr. Ghosh really takes the time to listen and explain her answers...I was pleased with the results when everything was over, and am glad I got to work with Dr. Ghosh.
The accessibility of the [Columbia University] location and professionalism of the staff made me feel eased and comforted. I was happy to select this clinic for my egg retrieval process. From what I observed, the clinic was well-run and all of the medical staff worked efficiently...[nurse] Elizabeth was communicative and responsive to all of my questions and concerns. I couldn't have asked for a better nurse coordinator. Like Dr. Ghosh, she was also approachable and asked for my input as I went through the hormone injections.
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
I had a good experience with Dr. Ghosh with regards to my egg retrieval process. She was approachable and explained the process in great detail. She often asked how I was doing so I didn't feel like I was being talked down at. Overall, the egg retrieval and freezing process was what I expected - I had fatigue in the beginning of the hormone injections, followed by slight nausea and bloating as I was nearing the end of the process. The part I disliked were the blood draws; my veins became quite bruised. The hormone injections weren't too bad - I got used to them by the third day. I was pleased with the results when everything was over, and am glad I got to work with Dr. Ghosh.
She was patient and took the time to answer my questions. Dr. Ghosh also followed up with me throughout the entire retrieval process to see how I was doing.
I took a course of 2-3 injections every night for about 10 days before the egg retrieval. I was told my body reacted well to the injections and at the end, I was able to retrieve more than 30 eggs and froze more than 20 of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Ginley)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The accessibility of the location and professionalism of the staff made me feel eased and comforted. I was happy to select this clinic for my egg retrieval process. From what I observed, the clinic was well-run and all of the medical staff worked efficiently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University.
The total cost of the procedure was about $13,000. Through my employer, I was able to apply for partial reimbursement through WIN Fertility.

2023, Successful
Dr. Ghosh is empathetic, thoughtful, kind, bright and communicative. She was responsive and we always knew we could ask her any questions that we had throughout the process. She is direct, but says everything in a way that 'makes sense' and doesn't feel confusing to the patients...is great at looking at all possible scenarios / options, so just make sure to share exactly what you're hoping for during the process.
Columbia's appointments run on time, the facility is beautiful and clean, and the front desk staff is friendly. I never had to wait long to be seen by any Doctors and everyone who I met during monitoring or ultrasound appointments was competent and friendly...I can't say enough great things about the nurse and the care coordinators...We loved Dr. Ghosh's team and working with them was one of the highlights of our time with Columbia.
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Dr. Ghosh is great at looking at all possible scenarios / options, so just make sure to share exactly what you're hoping for during the process.
Dr. Ghosh and her team are fantastic. She listened to our concerns, answered all of our questions in a very timely manner, and was just a really, really easy person to work with.
One round of successful IVF and a natural cycle for the embryo transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Daniella)
I can't say enough great things about the nurse and the care coordinators. We had come from a different clinic where the team was terrible and unresponsive, so it truly was night and day. We loved Dr. Ghosh's team and working with them was one of the highlights of our time with Columbia.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We did not discuss the options, but we were planning on an elective single embryo transfer regardless of our Doctor's opinion.

2023, Consult
She [Dr. Priyanka Ghosh] takes all the time you need to understand the plan and what the options are. She is very warm, and empathetic. I feel really comfortable with her. I trust her judgement. She also takes great concern to understand how I am feeling and what my mental health is like along with my physical health...She is extremely empathetic. She asks me how I'm doing and I truly feel like she wants to know and is concerned. Always takes her time, I never feel rushed.
It's great that they [Columbia University] have a location in westchester and in the city. the westchester location is very spacious, clean, lots of parking. I do wish they had a little bit of longer hours for when it comes to things like specimen drop off, weekend/ holiday hours for retrievals etc...All the nurses I'v interacted with are great, very compassionate. The care coordinator is so quick to get back to me. Very organized so responsive.
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
She takes all the time you need to understand the plan and what the options are. She is very warm, and empathetic. I feel really comfortable with her. I trust her judgement. She also takes great concern to understand how I am feeling and what my mental health is like along with my physical health.
Definitely schedule with her ASAP.
Still in the diagnostic phase. But likely will need IVF due to tubal structure issue.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Daniella )
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
It's great that they have a location in westchester and in the city. the westchester location is very spacious, clean, lots of parking. I do wish they had a little bit of longer hours for when it comes to things like specimen drop off, weekend/ holiday hours for retrievals etc.
So far my cost have been covered by insurance. $200 for the semen sample out of pocket

2023, Successful
Dr. Ghosh is not only an amazing doctor, but a wonderful person. She is very caring, knowledgeable, attentive, and understanding. My experience with Dr. Ghosh was one I appreciate and enjoyed. During this very stressful and fearful process, she was optimistic and guided me every step of the way. I am so lucky to have met her...Trust her, and allow her to guide you. Some doctors are not as understanding as she is. Allow yourself to open up to her and she will give you the best advice.
The Westchester clinic provided access to self schedule which made it very easy for me. The wait time to be seen for blood draw or sono was very minimal. The staff was always pleasant and welcoming. The clinic is clean and waiting area is quiet and spacious. They seem to schedule appointments appropriately where the clinic is crowded...We were so lucky to have Elizabeth as our fertility nurse. She provided me with all the step by step instructions needed during this process. She responded right away anytime I had a question. Elizabeth is a great communicator and the information given to us was always clear.
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Priyanka Ghosh at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology?
Describe the protocols Priyanka Ghosh used in your cycles at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
I started the IVF process in January 2023. I took medications for egg retrieval and had embryos frozen until we decided to transfer in September. During the process I needed to have a uterine polyp removed which helped with a successful transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Elizabeth Ginley)
Describe your experience with Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Priyanka Ghosh at Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology.
Insurance covered a portion on my care. The total process estimated to about $5,000 out of pocket. This included medications and freezing of embryos.
Westchester Fertility & Reproductive Endocrinology
White Plains
LGBTQ+

2022 - 2023, Successful
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
Dr. Ghosh is an intelligent, empathetic, compassionate, and careful doctor who treats her patients with the utmost respect. She is candid about the limits of current fertility science, which allows her to provide accurate up-to-date information and cutting edge clinical advice without creating unrealistic expectations in either a positive or a negative direction. She listens attentively to patient feedback and takes into account the patient's desires in planning her treatment. When performing procedures, she is gentle and respectful, always ensuring she has consent and being attentive to her patient's comfort. She is culturally competent in working with LGBT families and is a pleasure to talk to even during stressful times.
CUFC is a modern, organized and fairly smoothly-run operation. It does not feel like a for-profit mill; it feels like a medical center that employs the latest research and tailors treatment appropriately to the individual...Our care coordinator responded promptly to emails, including when time-sensitive problems came up. I am not sure we ever met her in person, but we appreciated the ability to reach her quickly, including outside of normal office hours, when we had an urgent scheduling problem. We received communications from multiple other nurses during stims, and their emailed instructions were clear.
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Do not be afraid to ask questions, make suggestions, and ask which aspects of treatment are necessary and what other options she sees for you - Dr. Ghosh will listen and engage collaboratively with you in your care.
Dr. Ghosh is warm and friendly, remembers my family and the ages of my older children, paid attention to and remembers the details of my prior treatment, explains the reasoning behind her recommendations and answers our questions honestly, respects our choices about what treatment to pursue or decline without judgment, and unhesitatingly provides her reasoned clinical opinions, while offering appropriate caveats where there are simply unknowns. She always empathizes with us at difficult results, and is joyful along with us at good results!
In light of my age (39), AMH (decent for my age, but not high), and antral follicle count, Dr. Ghosh used estrogen priming followed by a relatively aggressive antagonist protocol. The purpose of estrogen priming was to promote growth of a more even follicle cohort, particularly since my experience taking clomid and letrozole with a prior physician was that a lead follicle would always jump ahead very early in my cycle. Dr. Ghosh intentionally did not prime with hormonal birth control to avoid over-suppression. I began estrogen priming with Estrace 2mg twice daily after cycle day 21 of the previous cycle, ending at the next cycle day 1. Then, following bloodwork and ultrasound, we began a stimulation cycle with Follistim 300 IU and Menopur 150 IU, adding Ganirelix 250mcg partway through the cycle. The estrogen priming did appear to result in successful growth of a relatively even follicle cohort. Bloodwork showed my estrogen was quite high despite my age and the limited number of follicles that appeared to be of a retrievable size on ultrasound, so to reduce the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation, Dr. Ghosh had me trigger with Leuprolide Acetate 40 units when the follicles were the appropriate size, rather than using a Pregnyl or combined trigger. Dr. Ghosh advised that I would likely be able to retrieve about twelve eggs. Following retrieval (which was performed by a different physician), I learned that indeed twelve eggs were retrieved, with ten being mature, and eight fertilizing successfully using ICSI with frozen donor sperm. Two embryos met criteria on day 6 in this freeze-all cycle, and both were biopsied and PGT-A tested. Fortunately, both embryos turned out to be euploid. Before learning the PGT results, I discussed options for a future retrieval cycle with Dr. Ghosh in light of the other physician's statement that there were a large number of empty follicles present at retrieval; Dr. Ghosh advised that some options might include adding an extra day of stimulation to allow more time for follicles to mature, since despite my high estrogen I did not ever appear to develop any symptoms of ovarian hyperstimulation, and/or using a combined trigger that included Pregnyl, which might also have resulted in more mature eggs. I was glad that Dr. Ghosh took seriously the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation in my first cycle, and I believe these were both reasonable and well-founded options to tweak future treatment had I needed to go forward with a second retrieval cycle. Fortunately, that was not necessary: since we were pursuing reciprocal IVF, we proceeded with a frozen embryo transfer for my wife using a mostly natural cycle--she was monitored for follicle growth and LH surge without the use of any medications, and then triggered when an LH surge had been detected. Dr. Ghosh performed a day 5 frozen embryo transfer with a single euploid embryo. My wife used only progesterone in oil injections during the luteal phase and continuing forward after a positive beta. We had requested the use of progesterone in oil despite the transfer cycle being otherwise natural, based upon past IVF treatment where my wife had seen success with this method, and Dr. Ghosh appropriately advised us on benefits and drawbacks to doing the same in this cycle, and allowed us to pursue this method because it was our preference. We had two strong positive betas on days 9 and 11 post transfer, and were monitored by ultrasound during pregnancy weeks five through eight. We were released from the clinic following a good ultrasound with strong heartbeat at eight weeks!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Daniella Bloch)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
CUFC is a modern, organized and fairly smoothly-run operation. It does not feel like a for-profit mill; it feels like a medical center that employs the latest research and tailors treatment appropriately to the individual. The new Westchester location made it possible for us to pursue treatment with CUFC, with the only drawback being that weekend monitoring appointments can only take place in the Manhattan location, which is time-consuming for Westchester patients. The offices are clean and comfortable, and each appointment room allows the patient to view ultrasound results in real time. Appointment times were mostly convenient, with IVF monitoring taking place in the early pre-workday hours, and pregnancy ultrasound in the later morning; occasionally, overscheduling of IVF monitoring patients with inadequate staffing at the Westchester office would result in lengthy delays, and front desk staff did not always try to triage the situation or display appropriate understanding of the difficulties this can create for working patients. Monitoring can be performed by any of the physicians onsite, and each of them who were not my own physician were kind and professional. The phlebotomist at the Westchester location is unfortunately less skilled than some I have encountered at other practices, and may need additional training to be able to work well with patients who have more difficulty with blood draws. But overall, the staff at both offices were friendly and competent.
I was able to use insurance coverage for most of my treatment with Dr. Ghosh, and we had met our deductible from prior care during the year. Monitoring appointments had a $50 copay, which quickly adds up with the number of those appointments necessary during retrieval and transfer cycles. The PGT-A hatching fee to the clinic was $2500, with the testing laboratory billing separately at a rate of $300 per embryo sample sent for PGT-A. There is a yearly fee of $1200 for embryo storage which begins immediately upon cryopreservation of any embryos, without any grace period, which differs from some other clinics that do not charge for storage while a patient is in active treatment. There is a donor sperm intake fee of $150, and a yearly sperm storage fee of $600 after 60 days. Anesthesia for egg retrieval is billed to a separate entity but was in-network. All medications were covered by insurance and copays were modest. In sum, we needed to pay $2650 out of pocket prior to beginning a stimulation and retrieval cycle, with additional billing following as claims were submitted to insurance. Because medical billing is so slow, we do not know yet whether we will continue to receive additional bills for services rendered.
Dr. Ghosh advised us appropriately and correctly that current studies show a better chance of success over time with sequential single embryo transfers rather than a transfer of two embryos simultaneously. She also advised us on the increased risks of a twin pregnancy.

2023, Successful
Dr. Ghosh was accessible through email and phone calls and checked in frequently. Not often seen in person as various doctors in the practice do procedures and exams (so it often won't be your doctor doing the procedure), but Dr. Ghosh made a point to follow up via phone/email within a few days of each procedure. She listened to our concerns and preferences and worked with us to make this experience go as smoothly as possible.
[Columbia University] Clinic was well organized and overall had a calming environment. Receptionists are friendly and helpful, as well as the overall staff. At times the clinic can be very busy in the mornings (during morning monitoring times) and may get behind. Overall I found they worked hard to stay on time and get patients through monitoring as quickly as possible. A chaperone policy is present during ultrasounds (meaning there will be two people) in the room when ultrasounds are being preformed and this was something I found made me more comfortable.
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Meeting in-person or via Telehealth doesn't happen as frequently as phone check-ins/email correspondences, so take the time during those calls to have both partners present (if two partners are involved) and have questions ready.
Dr. Ghosh took the time to listen to concerns and was always available via email to answer concerns and questions in a timely manner.
Dr. Ghosh discussed several options with us, being realistic about which options would be most successful in our individual case. She supported our choices in preferring to try natural versus medicated cycles for transfers, explaining this would require more frequent visits and monitoring.
Nurse contact is primarily through email providing daily instructions that are detailed and easy to follow. Nurses were available for video conference when there were questions regarding how to use certain medications. Nurses were always responsive during available hours (before 4pm) and provided you with resources to reach out to after hours.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Cost of treatment were high but mostly covered under fertility benefits. There was often confusion over whether regular or fertility insurance would cover costs which meant a lot of time on the phone/emailing each insurance provider/offices to correct/figure out coverage.
We were originally interested in multiple embryo transfer but age and other factors indicated that this was not an option for our individual case at the current time.

2022, Successful
[Dr. Priyanka Ghosh] is a very good listener. She asked me about my history and took time to answer all my questions. I did not feel rushed or pressured to pursue any type of treatment. She followed up with me regularly to see how I was doing...Take your time and ask as many questions as you would like...I never felt rushed or uncomfortable.
The entire care team [at Columbia University] was very organized and was prompt in getting back to me when I had questions. They helped me schedule appointments and helped me understand the process. They were very helpful and patient...Almost everything has been covered by my insurance. I've had a few copays. There was a financial coordinator who helped me...The clinic was very clean and comfortable. Everyone I interacted with was friendly and seemed like they cared about the patients. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable.
How was your experience with Priyanka Ghosh at Columbia University?
Dr. Ghosh is a very good listener. She asked me about my history and took time to answer all my questions. I did not feel rushed or pressured to pursue any type of treatment. She followed up with me regularly to see how I was doing.
Take your time and ask as many questions as you would like.
I don't remember specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
The entire care team was very organized and was prompt in getting back to me when I had questions. They helped me schedule appointments and helped me understand the process. They were very helpful and patient.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic was very organized, prompt with appointments, and the staff was very friendly and organized. The clinic was very clean and comfortable. Everyone I interacted with was friendly and seemed like they cared about the patients. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable.