9.7

Rick Buyalos works in 1 office at

325 Rolling Oaks Dr
Thousand Oaks, CA 91361

2013 - 2017, Successful
After our initial consultation I had restored confidence in the IVF process. I saw Dr B [Dr. Rick Buyalos] at every appointment, he performed every ultrasound and was extremely warm and compassionate every step of the way. He included my husband in on everything, remembered our names after our first visit, which really made me feel welcome. He's an amazing doctor and just really takes time to be there for each of his patients.
The only problem I had was with staff [at Fertility & Surgical Associates was] returning my phone calls. If I didn't hear back I would call again. A little frustrating but I get it, this clinic is busy...Dr B would call me personally to talk to me about my cycle. After my first failed transfer with him he was so encouraging and positive. I've never had a doctor take as much time as he has on me.
How was your experience with Rick Buyalos at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
Dr B has been amazing throughout our IVF journey. I was unsuccessful 3 times with another doctor and wasn't feeling very confident when I walked into his office. After our initial consultation I had restored confidence in the IVF process. I saw Dr B at every appointment, he performed every ultrasound and was extremely warm and compassionate every step of the way. He included my husband in on everything, remembered our names after our first visit, which really made me feel welcome. He's an amazing doctor and just really takes time to be there for each of his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rick Buyalos at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
If you aren't clear on something he said, speak up. He is more than happy to go over whatever it is you are not clear on.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rick Buyalos at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California. (Assigned nurse: Teri)
Teri is no longer with this clinic but was an amazing support during our first 2 cycles at this office.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
The only problem I had was with staff returning my phone calls. If I didn't hear back I would call again. A little frustrating but I get it, this clinic is busy.
Describe Rick Buyalos's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
Dr B gave us the option to transfer 1 or 2 embryo's. He gave us the risks and benefits on all the possible outcomes.
Santa Monica
I think he [Dr. Buyalos] is experienced and extremely professional...Dr. B is very polite and patient to me, and explained every concerns and questions I've raised in detail. He always make me feel relaxed...After consulting Dr. B, I felt Dr. B is very experienced and explained me the process that I would do even if I had former experience. He made every efforts to help me. I think he is experienced and extremely professional. I saw the difference of my experience! It is amazing. With Dr. B's treatment, I had 35 eggs and 7 normal embryos, including 4 A grade and 3 B grade embryo! I really appreciate Dr. B!...
[Fert & Surg Asso of CA - Enc staff is] very nice and patient...Strengths: professional Doctors ...
According to my experience, I did my first cycle in other clinic and my result was very bad. I have PCOS. The first cycle that I did in other clinic resulted in 25 eggs and 4 embryos, but only 1 C-grade normal embryo. I don't want to use that embryo. Then I found FSAC through online searching. After consulting Dr. B, I felt Dr. B is very experienced and explained me the process that I would do even if I had former experience. He made every efforts to help me. I think he is experienced and extremely professional. I saw the difference of my experience! It is amazing. With Dr. B's treatment, I had 35 eggs and 7 normal embryos, including 4 A grade and 3 B grade embryo! I really appreciate Dr. B!
Trust him and take his advice.
Describe the protocols Rick Buyalos used in your cycles at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California and their degree of success.
I first use the birth control pills, and gonal-F,menupur omnitriop, cetrotide I rember. Then it is egg retrieval. I retrieved 35 eggs. and 7 embryo. Later I used birth control, estrace, doxy both my husband and me, endometrin for the embryo transfer. Dr. B advised to put just 1 embryo and I just pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California. (Assigned nurse: Heather)
very nice and patient
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
Strengths: professional Doctors Weakness: a little bit far away
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rick Buyalos at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
more than 20K

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Very kind and compassionate. I recommend him to anyone. Gave very thorough info. He explained our 'issues' in detail and didn't allow us to leave until we fully udnsersyood and had no more questions...I had 2 ivf cycles. First was a successf, 2nd was not. Clomid was on first and injections for estrogen and progesterone. 2nd was progesterone suppositories and oral meds for estrogen
Very thorough and friendly, clean environment [at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California]. They always remember me when I come in and I really like that. Not a fan of the lady that checks us out at the end. I don't know her name but she isn't friendly...I believe overall round 1 was about $20,000 and round 2 was about $7,000. Both round we paid cash as our insurance covers zero for ivf...Appointments were usually on time. I had a few times they needed to reschedule but overall it was perfectly ok. My clinic was actually the Thousand Oaks office but it didn't give me that option.
Have questions ready
He cared deeply for helping us 'get a family'
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
Very helpful and kind. Always respectful of my time.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
Very thorough and friendly, clean environment. They always remember me when I come in and I really like that. Not a fan of the lady that checks us out at the end. I don't know her name but she isn't friendly.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
He was fine with us transferring 2 each time

2009 - 2016, Successful
He [Dr. Buyalos] was very understanding and worked hard on our behalf. He was careful to identify our individual and unique circumstances and address them. He always called himself if there was a concern rather than having a nurse call. He remembered details of my case two years later...We did PGD due to a genetic condition...Dr. Buyalos treated me like a human but other staff [at Fert & Surg Asso] sometimes made me feel more like a number.
The clinic [Fert & Surg Asso of CA] is very busy but it is well organized and responsive to your needs. At times you need to be an advocate for yourself and request to see the doctor or speak to him...I worked with two different nursing teams. The first team in 2010 was more engaging, seemed more interested in my wellbeing and were more compassionate and interested in my care. At times it did feel like I was just a number both times but more so the second time around in 2016.
He was very understanding and worked hard on our behalf. He was careful to identify our individual and unique circumstances and address them. He always called himself if there was a concern rather than having a nurse call. He remembered details of my case two years later.
Make sure to ask all of your questions as he will respond if he knows there are concerns.
Dr. Buyalos treated me like a human but other staff sometimes made me feel more like a number.
We did PGD due to a genetic condition and PGS our second cycle due to a miscarriage likely due to chromosomal abnormalities.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
The clinic is very busy but it is well organized and responsive to your needs. At times you need to be an advocate for yourself and request to see the doctor or speak to him.
It was around 15,000 with treatment PGD but that was several years ago.
Santa Monica
2021 - 2023, Successful
[Dr. Rick Buyalos] was extremely helpful and informative and personable throughout our care...actually listened to us and suggested IUI instead of IVF...saved us a lot of time and money...took progesterone both times and they gave my husband something specific the second time for the sperm
[Fertility & Surgical Associates of California] were always responsive. Sometimes I had to wait a long time...was easy to park and access...They were very easy to work with...nursing staff was great and very informative. They always called me back quickly with any questions.
Dr. B was extremely helpful and informative and personable throughout our care. We had a horrible experience with another Dr. At a different clinic amd Dr. B actually listened to us and suggested IUI instead of IVF (which we did at the other clinic and was unsuccessful after 4 transfers) and saved us a lot of time and money.
Go with your instinct about who you feel comfortable with. We knew from our first meeting Dr. B was our guy and felt totally confident in him, which we didn't feel with our previous Dr.
Dr. B took the time to explain things to us and was always personable.
We did IUI 2 years apart (we were successful first time and wanted to have another child) . I took progesterone both times and they gave my husband something specific the second time for the sperm to go in upon collection so that they could get more out of it with not a lot of volume.
The nursing staff was great and very informative. They always called me back quickly with any questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
They were always responsive. Sometimes I had to wait a long time, but that seems to go with the territory of any Dr. Office. It was easy to park and access. I would highly recommend. They were very easy to work with.
Can't really remember

2020, Consult
Anytime I have a question [at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California] I send an email, and I get a call back right away. I’ve never experienced anything like this with a clinic. It’s pretty amazing...Dr. Buyalos was very personable and compassionate about our situation. He explained everything in a way that my husband and I could understand, and went into detailed with everything which we really appreciate.
Trust him. He’s the best, and will guide you in the right direction.
Dr. Buyalos took the time to answer all my questions and he explained everything in detailed. I didn’t feel like he was rushing us out of his office. He sat with my husband and I for over an hour going over everything, and our plan to start a family. We left his office with so much hope and excited for the future. I’m so happy to have Dr. Buyalos as my Doctor.
We will be starting treatment soon.
Everyone was super friendly and helpful
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
This clinic is one of the best. Anytime I have a question I send an email, and I get a call back right away. I’ve never experienced anything like this with a clinic. It’s pretty amazing. That was one of the first signs I knew I had picked the right place.
Don’t remember exact dollar amount

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Buyalos is professional, informative, and compassionate. I felt like he truly felt my pain with setbacks and joy during successes. He called me during his family vacations to make sure I knew what was happening and came in on his days off to check on me.... Dr buyalos is very personable and I always felt like he really cared about me and helping me start a family
Fertility and surgical had a very Organized, clean, friendly, and efficient clinic. I never felt like my time was being wasted waiting for my appointment and they were always willing to work with my travel and time constraints.... Most all of the nurses we worked with were very knowledgeable.... If you have any concerns no matter how big or small, don’t be afraid to bring them up.
Most all of the nurses we worked with were very knowledgeable.

Investor
Rick Buyalos is very professional doctor with highly experienced skills on the treatment of older woman...he can speak little bit Chinese with a very warm smile on his face, and went through all the concept of Ivf with me and also give me more details about why did I fail for the first 4 cycles...After a long discussion I decided to try for the final time. the egg trivial went very well
every time I have question they [Fertility & Surgical Associates of California] always give me prompt answer, may be need more smile when I communicate with them or say hello with them which can makes me more relieved...[nurses] provide excellent care to me...Rick Buyalos is very professional doctor with highly experienced skills on the treatment of older woman.
I did four treatment before I saw Dr Buyalos from different fertility clinic, for the first Treatment I generate 2 PGS pass Embryos, then the first and second pregnancy were all with miscarriage end. I rested for two month and then did all three cycles in one clinic which just generate one embryo and didn't implement...I was 38 at that time. then, I felt hopeless and even think about egg donor, then my friend recommend Dr Buyalos to me, I went there to see him, he can speak little bit Chinese with a very warm smile on his face, and went through all the concept of Ivf with me and also give me more details about why did I fail for the first 4 cycles, and discussed possible protocol he is going to use for my case. After a long discussion I decided to try for the final time. the egg trivial went very well, 11 Eggs with 9 fertilized 4 of them made to day 5 and 6, 2 PGS passed Embryos, I transferred one boy embryo on July 2020,and now my boy is 1 year old!!! I write done all of those on his one year old birthday to show my great appreciation to Dr Buyalos.
I have to say that the IVF journey is just like an adventure game, you never know what is going to surprise you next。 I traveled long way from china for IVF treatment, and I have to say that I did total 5 treatments I even cant look back how brave I was, and how many needles I injected...the only sunshine which continuously encourage me and take me back from a hopeless feeling is Dr Buyalos. The first time I met him, he did ultrasound for me (3rd day period)and then say that he can probably retrieve 9-11 eggs...he told me dont give up the hope, your number is good.
he didnt use standard protocols, instead he use less amount of Gonalf and Menopur, as well as one injection called Lupron .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & Surgical Associates of California. (Assigned nurse: XJ (chinese coordinator ))
they provide excellent care to me
Describe your experience with Fertility & Surgical Associates of California.
every time I have question they always give me prompt answer, may be need more smile when I communicate with them or say hello with them which can makes me more relieved. During the covid time, they are very alert, which is a good point.
$20000
he didnt encourage me to do the multiple embryo transfer and tell me the risk about it, which increase the miscarriage rate and early birth rate