LGBTQ+ Competent Care
LGBTQ+ Competent Care

Based on reviews from the LGBTQ+ community.

LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

U of California
NY Presbyterian-Columbia U Hospital
NYU

Shannon DeVore works in 2 offices at

159 East 53rd St, 3rd Floor
109 West 27th St, 9th Floor

My injection protocol did not change too much over the course of my cycle; my body responded just as Dr. DeVore had predicted and we were able to retrieve 12 eggs on the 13th day...She was very focused, articulate and compassionate in our in-person interactions. In addition to her medical pedigree and level of consummate care, I thought she was refreshingly honest and very positive and encouraging. It was a joy to work with her and her team at NYU.
At NYU, your first cycle is currently $9200 which includes the first year of cryostorage (billed at $1000/yr thereafter). Eggs are retrieved and stored onsite; they never leave the building unless you file paperwork for an elective transfer...As a patient, even if you are working with an excellent provider, you must be an advocate for yourself to ensure you are not lost in the shuffle. You will meet and speak with so many nurses, administrative professionals, billing representatives et. al. along the way and there is a bound to be at least one individual whose communication style does not align with yours or who seems a bit stressed or rushed that day. Know that you are in control and that you can always call the Main Office number to request a nurse or admin callback. Whenever I asked for clarification
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was the second endocrinologist whom I interviewed for an elective egg freezing cycle as a single woman. I wanted to take the time to research and to vet my options before embarking on an emotional and physically challenging process with a significant financial investment attached. I liked her immediately and I found her to be very grounded, refreshing and reassuring. We discussed NYU's clinical success rate of autologous live births (resulting from the donor's own eggs) and the pros and cons of other practices. She outlined the process, expectations and next steps for me with great efficiency and clarity and she fully introduced me to her Patient Coordinator and billing team for separate consultations onsite before I left so I had enough information in hand to commit to the practice. I also appreciated that Dr. DeVore is approximately my age and, as such, I felt that I was confiding in a peer who never talked down to me nor judged me. I felt such warmth and presence from her. As a patient, I felt that I had an empathetic cheerleader who was encouraging me while also expertly piloting my medical journey. On our first consultation, she accurately predicted the number of eggs which were ultimately retrieved. When I saw her for 2 of my 5 morning monitoring sessions, she was spot on with her predictions for my prescription adjustments and the days I would ultimately wind up administering my trigger shots and scheduling retrieval. Dr. DeVore continuously managed my expectations. As with any busy clinic, NYU has its share of administrative hiccups. For one of my morning monitoring sessions, the RN accidentally released me after taking bloodwork but before Dr. DeVore was able to see me for my scheduled ultrasound. By the time I had exited the elevator and was standing outside on the sidewalk , Dr. DeVore called me personally to profusely apologize for the miscommunication and to ask if I was able to pop upstairs again to meet with her. It was not a major grievance to me at all, but I appreciated that she accepted accountability and graciously apologized again in person, admitting that it was NYU's fault and not on me as the patient. Dr. DeVore is a class act!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Meet with her. You will really love her, and I hope you too benefit from her level of care, expertise and compassion.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore is a dream. She was very focused, articulate and compassionate in our in-person interactions. In addition to her medical pedigree and level of consummate care, I thought she was refreshingly honest and very positive and encouraging. It was a joy to work with her and her team at NYU.
Describe the protocols Shannon DeVore used in your cycles at NYU Langone Fertility Center and their degree of success.
I had a pretty straightforward stims process: 300IU Follistim and 150IU Menopur daily before Ganirelix was introduced followed by Ovidrel and Lupron for the triggers. My cycle spanned 13 days which included 6 blood draws, 4 ultrasounds and a COVID-19 nasal swab test which is mandatory for all NYU procedures requiring anesthesia. My injection protocol did not change too much over the course of my cycle; my body responded just as Dr. DeVore had predicted and we were able to retrieve 12 eggs on the 13th day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kimown Peters, Patient Coordinator)
I elected to freeze my eggs during the COVID-19 quarantine in NYC which was a naturally inconvenient (and perhaps anxiety-riddled) time for all involved. This added in some complications to the process i.e. morning monitoring sessions were scheduled (not drop-in); partners and escorts were prohibited from waiting rooms; patients were required to complete COVID-19 nasal swab tests within 5 days of surgery; and patient orientation was a WebEx webinar in lieu of an in-person forum. In spite of these complications, I really enjoyed the entire NYU Langone team including Kimown Peters, my Patient Coordinator; Haley Penny, the Health Educator and licensed social worker who led a socially distant virtual patient orientation (in lieu of a more intimate and traditional in-person orientation); Jean-Ann McKiernan, the RN who explained trigger shots to me; and Taylor and Alyssa, two of the RNs at the main East side location who administered expert and personable care.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Off all of the fertility centers located in NYC, NYU Langone has the longest history and thus some of the best longitudinal data and success rates. On the recommendation of my friends who have also relied on assisted reproductive technology, I took my time to thoroughly research, vet and interview multiple practitioners and clinics. An acquaintance recommended NYU Langone to me because, like me, she went through an elective egg freezing process as a single woman (years before she met her now-husband). I appreciated that she had a positive experience as a single woman navigating the process. It may be important to note that NYU practices a "doctor of the day" rotation when it comes to morning monitoring and to surgical procedures. Dr. Devore oversaw my medical protocol and she reviewed my results daily but I met with her in person 3 times (1 consultation, 2 ultrasounds). NYU has 8 doctors on staff and I met 3 others across the NoMad satellite and East side main locations. I enjoyed all 4 of the doctors whom I met and I always felt that I was receiving expert care. NYU is a bit of a beast. As a patient, even if you are working with an excellent provider, you must be an advocate for yourself to ensure you are not lost in the shuffle. You will meet and speak with so many nurses, administrative professionals, billing representatives et. al. along the way and there is a bound to be at least one individual whose communication style does not align with yours or who seems a bit stressed or rushed that day. Know that you are in control and that you can always call the Main Office number to request a nurse or admin callback. Whenever I asked for clarification or more help, someone always passed the message along and I received a prompt callback. You are already so brave for going through this process...don't be ashamed to be assertive, too!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Under my Aetna insurance, I was largely a self-pay patient. Insurance helped to defray my initial consultation ($50 specialist copay) and bloodwork costs but the cycle, anesthesia administration and prescriptions were 100% out-of-pocket. At NYU, your first cycle is currently $9200 which includes the first year of cryostorage (billed at $1000/yr thereafter). Eggs are retrieved and stored onsite; they never leave the building unless you file paperwork for an elective transfer. Anesthesia is an additional $1050, billed separately. I applied for a ReUnite Assist discount (a simple online application) and I received a 20% discount off Follistim and Ganirelix within 24 hours. Even then, out-of-pocket, my prescriptions amounted to nearly $5700. All in, factoring some additional copays to other doctors and fees for elective genetic carrier screening testing, my total investment has been $16k+ before the cost of annual cryostorage and (perhaps) eventual IVF is factored in. It has been a significant financial investment but I am happy with the outcome and the level of care administered.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
(See my above notes...I think that admin mistakes are bound to happen at a clinic of this size, but they never detrimentally impacted my treatment.)

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. DeVore was amazing. This was a very hard process for me emotionally and she was always there for me...egg freezing was very personal and something I didn’t necessarily want to do. Dr. Devore was very compassionate during my journey. I had a lot of concerns both with my intended results and costs as I was paying out of pocket. Dr. DeVore listened to all of my concerns as well as my extensive list of questions that seemed to get longer every day...
NYU seems like a well oiled machine. There are longer waits the later in the morning you go. I would recommend early appointments. I felt it was easier/ more convenient to get information over the phone...There are a lot of women going through this, which means there are a lot of nurses. Some are better than others. Some treat you like a number vs. a human...whenever I called or had questions I was reassured by whoever called me back - and I called very often. Sometimes it was hard to get through though...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I had my surgery 2 hours ago and already recommended Dr. DeVore to one of my best friends. For me, egg freezing was very personal and something I didn’t necessarily want to do. Dr. Devore was very compassionate during my journey. I had a lot of concerns both with my intended results and costs as I was paying out of pocket. Dr. DeVore listened to all of my concerns as well as my extensive list of questions that seemed to get longer every day. I couldn’t imagine doing this without her.
It is a little overwhelming to see how many woman are going through fertility treatments. At times during morning monitoring, it is hard not to feel like just a number. But Dr. DeVore was amazing. This was a very hard process for me emotionally and she was always there for me. I talked to her often on the phone and she did her best to make herself available when I had appointments.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There are a lot of women going through this, which means there are a lot of nurses. Some are better than others. Some treat you like a number vs. a human. But all that mattered to me was that Dr. DeVore didn’t. For the most part, whenever I called or had questions I was reassured by whoever called me back - and I called very often. Sometimes it was hard to get through though.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU seems like a well oiled machine. There are longer waits the later in the morning you go. I would recommend early appointments. I felt it was easier/ more convenient to get information over the phone. They also have an app that isn’t necessarily the most helpful- I could never see the messages that were sent to me on the app and would have to log in on my laptop.
I paid all out of pocket. The procedure was 9200 and my medications cost about 5000. Anesthesia was 1050. The initial consult was 550 + 450 for a telemedicine call.
NY - 53rd Street (Eastside)

If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process...When I was her patient, I felt like I was receiving the highest quality care with the best possible bedside manner. I fully trust her and would highly recommend anyone I know to her. She advocated for me, consulted other doctors when necessary, and really thought outside the box to try and help us be successful. Everyone deserves a doctor like Dr. DeVore.
Pros [at NYU Langone Fertility Center]: great Drs like Dr. Devore and Dr. Fino; because it's smaller than other practices you have a higher likelihood of being able to see your doctor more regularly than other clinics. Cons: nurses can lack empathy, in part because they are so busy...IUI, MRI (adenomyosis), Receptiva (endometriosis)...cannot recommend Dr. DeVore highly enough. Dr. DeVore has ruined me for other doctors - she is smart, thoughtful, detailed, and incredibly caring. At each step of our journey together, I felt like I had a partner in her who was thinking about my case as much as I was - she never made me feel rushed, she answered (and anticipated) my questions and concerns, and made sure I understood all of the details - because she knew it would help put my mind at ease. If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process - Dr. DeVore is it!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was my doctor through one of my IUI cycles. When I was her patient, I felt like I was receiving the highest quality care with the best possible bedside manner. I fully trust her and would highly recommend anyone I know to her. She advocated for me, consulted other doctors when necessary, and really thought outside the box to try and help us be successful. Everyone deserves a doctor like Dr. DeVore.
Even if you think you've explored all of the options - go see her. She'll surprise you with her ability and interest in looking at your case from all sides and with open mind, an honest opinion, and research to back it up. Really - she's wonderful.
I cannot recommend Dr. DeVore highly enough. Dr. DeVore has ruined me for other doctors - she is smart, thoughtful, detailed, and incredibly caring. At each step of our journey together, I felt like I had a partner in her who was thinking about my case as much as I was - she never made me feel rushed, she answered (and anticipated) my questions and concerns, and made sure I understood all of the details - because she knew it would help put my mind at ease. If you want a doctor who will personalize your care, think outside the box, and truly support you through this process - Dr. DeVore is it!
IUI, MRI (adenomyosis), Receptiva (endometriosis)
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Pros: great Drs like Dr. Devore and Dr. Fino; because it's smaller than other practices you have a higher likelihood of being able to see your doctor more regularly than other clinics. Cons: nurses can lack empathy, in part because they are so busy.
Describe Shannon DeVore's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
We haven't done IVF with Dr. DeVore
NY - Westside

Dr. Devore is one of the most thoughtful and kind doctors and people I've ever met. After losing our daughter at 2 days old (born full term), my husband and I suffered infertility for over a year caused by complications at delivery. Upon meeting us, Dr. Devore was well read on our case and immediately empathetic and sensitive to the many emotions we were feeling. She continued to be this amazing throughout the course of our treatment. We've met many doctors but none as special as her.
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was excellent. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable. They also helped provide hope on days that I wasn't feeling too positive. I would never have to question what my IVF dosage would be because they'd call as soon as they received my bloodwork...The clinic is clean, organized, friendly, empathetic, knowledgeable and flexible. They were also very responsive and easy to get a hold of. If I could not see Dr. Devore, the other attending doctor was always up to speed on my situation.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
My husband and I tragically lost our daughter who was born full term at 2 days old. I then suffered complications caused by placenta accreta which caused infertility for almost 2 years. Upon meeting Dr. DeVore, she was incredibly empathetic, kind, sensitive and she developed a plan of action. The thought of more surgeries or beginning fertility treatments after our loss was incomprehensible to me. But Dr. DeVore helped me through it both physically and emotionally. I had two hysteroscopys to remove scar tissue and then we began fertility pills and IUI. We ultimately decided to do IVF and Dr. DeVore was amazing and kept us informed and comfortable every step of the way. We now have many healthy embroys and have decided to use a gestational carrier due to health concerns for me to carry another pregnancy. We believe we will have healthy children and we don't think that would have been possible without Dr. DeVore. She has become one of the most special people in our lives.
Trust her because she cares and has put a lot of thought into her plans.
Dr. Devore monitored me very closely and often had me come in more than normal just to make sure my blood/hormone levels and ultrasounds were on track. She made adjustments when necessary. The biggest concern was getting my lining thicker so each month she would try a different method so that she had 'data points.' It also gave her a good idea of what my dosages should be for IVF.
The nursing staff was excellent. They were friendly and made me feel comfortable. They also helped provide hope on days that I wasn't feeling too positive. I would never have to question what my IVF dosage would be because they'd call as soon as they received my bloodwork.

Cancer
Egg Freezing With Other Docs (cancer)
Embryo Freezing With Other Docs (cancer)
Strength [of NYU] - Doctors of varying experience to consult with to ensure the right protocol...Weakness - popular center of excellence so it’s a busy wait room...Notes: be detailed and thorough when taking notes and reviewing your treatment cycle...Dr. DeVore is thorough, considerate, patient, and willing to think outside the box which is exactly what you want during IVF...I lost my ovaries due to cancer so I only had limited chances on becoming pregnant with IVF. I’m 34 now and froze my eggs when I was 22.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I lost my ovaries due to cancer so I only had limited chances on becoming pregnant with IVF. I’m 34 now and froze my eggs when I was 22. From day 1 Dr. DeVore was determined to figure out a game plan for success. We did one cycle with a transfer and it didn’t implant. Before doing a second cycle we did a mock cycle to test the uterus to see if my past endometriosis issues were the cause or if the timing was off and we needed to transfer at a different time. We discovered the latter was true and went forward with a plan to transfer a day later and increased some of the medicine. We had one embryo left and thawed the rest of my eggs and created fresh embryos. Unfortunately only one embryo from this group looked viable for biopsy, and two embryos appeared to be weak in the Petrie dish and wouldn’t make it to biopsy. Instead of the waiting to see if these embryos would make it to biopsy stage (which was VERY unlikely and basically have them wasted) Dr. DeVore made the now-brilliant decision to transfer both embryos in hopes they might do better in my uterus compared to the Petrie dish- if we hadn’t done this, these embryos were likely to die, but by a miracle chance one of the embryos worked!! I am now 3-months pregnant, and never thought I’d be fortunate enough to see this day come. I can’t convey strongly enough that this is the doctor you should try. You want someone who is going to think about your situation when you leave the office and this is the doctor who will do that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
Stop looking and book your consult. Have a list of questions ready and prepare to meet your favorite doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York?
I’ve been under the care of specialists for 15 years, sharing to give perspective, and Dr. DeVore is thorough, considerate, patient, and willing to think outside the box which is exactly what you want during IVF.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York.
Strength - Doctors of varying experience to consult with to ensure the right protocol Weakness - popular center of excellence so it’s a busy wait room Notes: be detailed and thorough when taking notes and reviewing your treatment cycle
NYU Langone Reproductive Specialists of New York
Mineola
Dr. Devore knew I had already done a lot of testing that all came back norm which left us scratching our heads. She proposed a mock cycle to do a special exam to test my uterine lining for receptivity. We'll that could have been it! They found I needed 12 more hours of progesterone to be receptive...I didn't realize how bad my past IVF doctor was until I experienced how good it CAN be. She was kind and so sorry for what I had experienced and shared in my determination to get this baby...every single test result and call was given by Dr. Devore
[staff at NYU Langone Fertility Center] are strong and organized and confident and incredibly good at what they do. Every appointment was organized, while busy, what can you expect. It was clean and everyone knew you or knew what you were there for. The positivity was motivating...[nurses at NYU are] So kind, and have a pulse for what you have been and are going through....
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. Devore listened to my journey and didn't put be in a box because I was young. She took every measure and divine timing to ensure I was looked after. I didn't realize how bad my past IVF doctor was until I experienced how good it CAN be. She was kind and so sorry for what I had experienced and shared in my determination to get this baby! She gave us the gift of life and I am so thankful.
She is amazing and just relax and enjoy and trust the experience. You are in the best hands.
NYU is a shared practice but every single test result and call was given by Dr. Devore! She even came up to say hi to me when I was waiting to do my retrieval, even though she wasn't the MD on duty. She is the kindest, warmest doctor I was so lucky to have had the pleasure to meet.
Dr. Devore knew I had already done a lot of testing that all came back norm which left us scratching our heads. She proposed a mock cycle to do a special exam to test my uterine lining for receptivity. We'll that could have been it! They found I needed 12 more hours of progesterone to be receptive. It worked!
So kind, and have a pulse for what you have been and are going through.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
No weaknesses. They are strong and organized and confident and incredibly good at what they do. Every appointment was organized, while busy, what can you expect. It was clean and everyone knew you or knew what you were there for. The positivity was motivating and I am forever grateful.
Out of pocket for special test and some genetic testing, but mostly all was covered by insurance.
Her advice was gold standard!
2020, Unknown Success
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
As a single woman, this process has been full of emotional landmines, and Dr. Devore was so wonderful in helping me navigate them, always empathy and honesty. She never made me feel pushed towards any course of action, but I also knew she was invested in helping me reach my goals (and fully understood how they might be different than other womens'). She's smart and candid and funny and empathetic...Make sure you are totally clear on timelines...I was sometimes surprised by how long something would take or how quickly I would have to decide something
I thought the care coordinators [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] were very perfunctory and left out important information (like needing to have sperm in place prior to day one). The nurses were a rotating band, some better than others. Definitely recommend going to the west side office when you can, it's much calmer and less crowded, which makes you feel less like a number...I was annoyed that I never knew when to expect those calls, because if I missed them, I found it was hard to get a person on the phone when I called back
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I felt compelled to write a review because I used this site to help me find a doctor. While I'm still in the middle of my treatment, I can't recommend Dr. Devore highly enough. As a single woman, this process has been full of emotional landmines, and Dr. Devore was so wonderful in helping me navigate them, always empathy and honesty. She never made me feel pushed towards any course of action, but I also knew she was invested in helping me reach my goals (and fully understood how they might be different than other womens'). She's smart and candid and funny and empathetic. And also, while I haven't done a transfer yet, I know she has a high success rate because I studied her papers before I chose her. I feel assured that when I'm ready to get pregnant, she'll do everything in her power to make that happen for me.
Make sure you are totally clear on timelines. This is the one place where her communication fell down a bit, and I was sometimes surprised by how long something would take or how quickly I would have to decide something.
I hit it off right away with Dr. Devore and from then on, she made me feel she was invested in me, medically as well as emotionally.
I had frozen eggs before, and the drug protocol here seemed very much the same. But Dr. Devore used the information from that prior freeze to make adjustments to my trigger time to help yield the best results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Kim Peters was my patient coordinator)
I thought the care coordinators were very perfunctory and left out important information (like needing to have sperm in place prior to day one). The nurses were a rotating band, some better than others. Definitely recommend going to the west side office when you can, it's much calmer and less crowded, which makes you feel less like a number.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It's a big hospital system and all the annoying bureaucracy that comes with that. I hated the east side location. It was inconvenient for me but also always crowded and the retrieval rooms there felt kind of dingy and uncomfortable. Usually, you go in for monitoring in the morning and you get a call in the afternoon with updates. I was annoyed that I never knew when to expect those calls, because if I missed them, I found it was hard to get a person on the phone when I called back. Communication about drugs and insurance also generally sucked; my doctor herself actually provided the most knowledge of how to maximize my insurance benefits.
I was lucky to have great insurance coverage under Progyny, which covered almost everything.
NY - Westside
Absolutely outstanding care. She [Dr. DeVore] is so personal with the patient, so human as a woman herself. Best advice. Manages expectations and helps you make the right decision with a full context...Having her at each of my surgery calmed me down and I am convinced that her mood and confidence and guidance helped me with Producing more results as expected. Having her excitement on the phone as she told me the final results was just so special. I have rarely felt that close to a doctor....
[nurses at NYU Langone Fertility Center] prompt care and answers. Very personal service...Good management of expectations on waiting time. Very good organization. Seamless process, good communication on results and next steps. You get callS back everyday. My only suggestion is to maybe see if their flexibility of 7-9 monitoring on weekends could be for a little later but that’s all!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
No weakness really. We did try a hormonal treatment a little earlier in one cycle and I know the results didn’t come as expected / I had to cancel the cycle but she has never hidden that from me. She did that in the best way possible: Trying to make my results and cycles as effective as possible. She is beyond impressive with her care, her personal advice, her concerns, her follow-ups, her experience as both a woman and a doctor. Having her at each of my surgery calmed me down and I am convinced that her mood and confidence and guidance helped me with Producing more results as expected. Having her excitement on the phone as she told me the final results was just so special. I have rarely felt that close to a doctor. Her pronostics are Always on point. She is just made for this!
To never stop doing what she does and keep a strong team of women with her! Having the feedback from female doctors is important. Her team is excellent too. I can tell she is a great manager.
Absolutely outstanding care. She is so personal with the patient, so human as a woman herself. Best advice. Manages expectations and helps you make the right decision with a full context. Beyond a doctor, I would almost consider as professional friend, that’s how we connected very well. She is extremely professional. I would highly recommend to anybody and would also come say hi at the facility next time I am in New York just because I am so grateful.
Ultrasound from start was low: so she was able to give me expectations on keeping cycles regular. And guiding me on cancelling some travels. She has also been very much adapting when I had to go to France and and followed everything remotely with the best guidance.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Same with Christine and Jackie: prompt care and answers. Very personal service. Impressive. Also the type of persons I would love to see again next time I am in New York. Only good memories and advice.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
A little bit of a coordination and wait between them and my insurance but minimal. Sometimes difficult to get people on the phone. This relates to an earlier question but posting it here as I can’t go back And just remembering it: had to insist a Lot w follow ups to get an overview of my consent forms and future storage needs.
She has been very good at adapting to my cycle and waiting a little more before retrieval knowing that my body process is a little longer than usual
NY - 53rd Street (Eastside)
Undergoing fertility treatment during a global pandemic brought on all kinds of additional questions, concerns, and complications. Dr. DeVore went above and beyond to make sure I was informed, comfortable, and aware of my options. She considered not only my physcial health, but also remembered the information I shared about my career stressors...was always honest and extremely considerate of my concerns, questions, and unique needs. I felt like she completely understood what I was hoping to accomplish, and she was always forthcoming, providing additional information that I might want to consider for future decision-making. I felt that she was very attentive to my treatments and made the best possible decisions throughout my cycles.
While the morning monitoring is run like a tight ship [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], the nurses are kind and treat you like a person. They provide clear instructions telephonically and are very responsive to questions. When it comes to the actual retrieval, the nurses are PHENOMENAL (Jackie, Mary, and Danielle come to mind). They were so patient and caring - exactly what I needed throughout the retrieval experience.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Dr. DeVore was always honest and extremely considerate of my concerns, questions, and unique needs. I felt like she completely understood what I was hoping to accomplish, and she was always forthcoming, providing additional information that I might want to consider for future decision-making. I felt that she was very attentive to my treatments and made the best possible decisions throughout my cycles.
Be honest and communicative about what you're hoping to achieve as a result of the treatments.
While the morning monitoring is run like a tight ship, the nurses are kind and treat you like a person. They provide clear instructions telephonically and are very responsive to questions. When it comes to the actual retrieval, the nurses are PHENOMENAL (Jackie, Mary, and Danielle come to mind). They were so patient and caring - exactly what I needed throughout the retrieval experience.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was prepared ahead of time, knowing that I wouldn't always see my doctor. Nonetheless, that can be jarring for those who don't expect that. Every doctor I saw was extremely attentive, prepared, and willing to answer questions and provide additional context if I requested it. The facilities are very pleasant and clean. When I returned for my second cycle, it felt like I was returning to a comfortable place where I'd be taken care of and that was very assuring for me.

2023, 11 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Shannon DeVore] never asked how I feel about medication or any other, when I asked questions she didn't provide any advice at all...I asked during the consultation if there was any supplements I can take, she told me none, they were not very helpful. But after I done my cycle, my result was not as I expected, she strongly suggested me to do 2nd cycle and she told me she could send me a list of supplements! And 2 of my frozen eggs are less mature, she told me that next time she could give me estrogen patch before the period starts to try to make eggs mature more evenly. Why didn't she give me that this time?! I feel like she didn't give me any advice during the entire cycle and she just wants to make me to do the 2nd cycle to make more money! I would not recommend her to any other people.
NYU Langone fertility center is excellent, the entire logistics are good, ranging from coordination to assistants to finance. The atmosphere in the facility is good too, it calms patients. I think as a new patient to this clinic, I am very impressed by the clinic...Nursing staff is excellent...She [Dr. Shannon DeVore] never asked how I feel about medication or any other, when I asked questions she didn't provide any advice at all
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She never asked how I feel about medication or any other, when I asked questions she didn't provide any advice at all
Nursing staff is excellent!

2023, Successful
Dr. Devore was warm, kind and compassionate every step of the way...explained everything in a way that made it very easy for me to understand...is extremely bright and impressive academically...her kindness and patience made me comfortable...natural fertilization instead of ICSI for IVF
[NYU Langone Fertility Center is] Very busy - but organized and efficient. The quality of the lab is absolutely top notch. You are in the best of hands at NYU. I would suggest always taking the earliest appointment you can get to avoid and delays....natural fertilization instead of ICSI for IVF
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Shannon was very communicative and thorough. She answers questions very promptly with kindness and a human touch. She is very thoughtful with her strategy. I felt that my treatment was very personalized for my needs. She never made me feel badly when we had unhappy news but was supportive - and she shared the joy when we had good news. She put all of my worries to rest with kind reassurance.
If there is a wait to see her, it is worth the wait!
Dr. Devore was warm, kind and compassionate every step of the way. As a working step mother of four children and none of my own (yet! :) ) — and at an older age — I had a fear of failure and fear of total exhaustion from a long process! From our very first conversation, I knew I could trust Shannon with this very important season of my life. She explained everything in a way that made it very easy for me to understand. She is extremely bright and impressive academically and that of course put my mind at ease - but her kindness and patience made me comfortable to ask any questions that were on my mind - which made it easier for me to get through stressful times and focus on the children who are in my life now.
We used natural fertilization instead of ICSI for IVF as our first round at another clinic was unsuccessful with ICSI. Her strategy worked! Additionally, Shannon studied the treatment plan from a prior egg retrieval cycle and made adjustments (increasing medication dosage early on) and this improved the quality and quantity of eggs retrieved as well.

2021 - 2022, Successful
NYU is organized like a well-oiled machine and while you do feel like a bit of a number when you're only there for monitoring, the process is very well organized and you can usually get in and out fairly quickly. Unfortunately, if you have weekend appointments, the wait-times get a bit out of hand and you sit there for a while, which sucks... Dr. DeVore is unquestionably the reason we didn't give up and finally welcomed a beautiful baby girl last fall. Dr. DeVore is not just the best fertility doctor but the best doctor my husband and I ever encountered. Do yourself a favor and make an appointment with her.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
In the often cold and dispiriting world of fertility treatments, Dr. DeVore is a shining exception. She is warm, human, empathetic and incredibly compassionate. She cares. She has hope. She has ideas. She listens. She's willing to just try things. She sometimes calls out of the blue with a suggestion. When things don't work out, she gives you time to grieve, but also doesn't let you get discouraged. She understands that fertility treatments are often even harder on your mental than your physical health and takes that into account in her approach. After setbacks, she always called us personally and took time to go over all possible next steps. And while she didn't do all procedures herself (that's not how NYU works), she was always there at our key appointments, especially once I got pregnant and she knew how nerve-wracking the first few scans would be due to my history of miscarriage. After dealing with a couple of other disappointing fertility doctors, Dr. DeVore is unquestionably the reason we didn't give up and finally welcomed a beautiful baby girl last fall. Dr. DeVore is not just the best fertility doctor but the best doctor my husband and I ever encountered. Do yourself a favor and make an appointment with her.
Even if you need to wait to see her, it's worth it.

2022, Unknown Success
LGBTQ+
Dr. DeVore is exceptional. I never once felt judged by her regarding my decision to have a child as a single woman. She is thoughtful, compassionate, and very good at what she does. She manages expectations well and actively engages me in the treatment planning process...I would love get to have Dr. DeVore treat me each visit, but that's obviously impossible considering how critical timing is when it comes to all of these procedures...
It's a very busy clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center], and sometimes you do sort of feel like a "number" when dealing with the nursing staff or front desk. But that's pretty rare. Overall excellent. I have never had a truly bad or unpleasant experience with a single person associated with the clinic...it was clear how sincerely she [Dr. DeVore] cares for her patients, and how thoughtful she is with her treatment protocols...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
My only criticism (and it's not really a legitimate criticism) is that I would love get to have Dr. DeVore treat me each visit, but that's obviously impossible considering how critical timing is when it comes to all of these procedures. Every other aspect of my treatment with Dr. Devore has been exceptional. Before finding Dr. DeVore I had been very discouraged because my previous experience with fertility consultations had not been good. I felt judged and uncomfortable, and it was just very hard for me to wrap my head around the whole process. From the very first time I spoke with Dr. DeVore, it was clear how sincerely she cares for her patients, and how thoughtful she is with her treatment protocols. I cannot recommend her highly enough.
This isn't so much in regard to Dr. Devore, but rather fertility care and healthcare general: be prepared to speak up and advocate for yourself during fertility treatment. It really makes a huge difference.
Dr. DeVore is exceptional. I never once felt judged by her regarding my decision to have a child as a single woman. She is thoughtful, compassionate, and very good at what she does. She manages expectations well and actively engages me in the treatment planning process. I can't speak highly enough about her.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Carol and Andrea originally and now Taylor,I believe)
Overall Excellent.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It's a very busy clinic, and sometimes you do sort of feel like a "number" when dealing with the nursing staff or front desk. But that's pretty rare. Overall excellent. I have never had a truly bad or unpleasant experience with a single person associated with the clinic
2023, 20 Eggs Frozen
I felt very overwhelmed for a long time, I was really nervous about taking this expensive and proactive next step...Dr. DeVore made me feel so calm right away. She became my confidante during this lonely journey. Her communication was very clear and hopeful...thoroughly explained the process and clearly set expectations. Starting off was extremely overwhelming but she made it manageable. Was also very personable...
It [NYU Langone Fertility Center] is big, but very well run, morning monitoring was very smooth. It’s comfortable and clean. Nurses are very responsive and kind. They have very high pregnancy rates so I knew I was in good hands from the beginning...Dr. DeVore thoroughly explained the process and clearly set expectations. Starting off was extremely overwhelming but she made it manageable. Was also very personable.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I felt very overwhelmed for a long time, I was really nervous about taking this expensive and proactive next step. I was always hoping that the next month I would meet someone and I wouldn’t need to do it. Finally, I decided to take control and stop this from hanging over me. Dr. DeVore made me feel so calm right away. She became my confidante during this lonely journey. Her communication was very clear and hopeful.
Go with your gut.
Daily injections with gonal-f and menopur.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It is big, but very well run, morning monitoring was very smooth. It’s comfortable and clean. Nurses are very responsive and kind. They have very high pregnancy rates so I knew I was in good hands from the beginning
Covered by insurance
NY - 53rd Street (Eastside)
It [NYU] is a busy clinic and you don't see your doctor every visit, but she checked in frequently and made all of my plans. NYU is a reputable clinic with good outcomes so I felt the business was worth the while...It was well run, a few days I had to wait longer than others, the staff was always apologetic...Dr. DeVore always heard me out and listened to my thoughts/feelings/questions. It was a very collaborative experience. She checked in on me frequently during my treatment and made sure to ask me about life outside of fertility. She was thoughtful, supportive, and down to earth. I feel so grateful to have found her...Ask your questions, she will answer all of them thoroughly and thoughtfully...She advocated for single embryo transfer
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Ask your questions, she will answer all of them thoroughly and thoughtfully.
I don't remember
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
It is a busy clinic and you don't see your doctor every visit, but she checked in frequently and made all of my plans. NYU is a reputable clinic with good outcomes so I felt the business was worth the while.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
She advocated for single embryo transfer

2023, Successful
Dr. Shannon spoke to me like she would a friend...was warm, loving, kind and so smart...was willing to make changes to my treatment that were right for my body...36 year old with low ovarian reserve...also so responsive...if I reached out to her I would hear back that same day and often times within the hour
NYU has a beautiful facility and they are extremely knowledgeable...have state of the art equipment and facilities...extremely thorough, knowledgeable and professional...morning monitoring can be crowded and can take some time...[nursing staff] were all so kind and made me feel very comfortable!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I cannot say enough amazing things about my experience with Dr. Shannon. I had previously gone to another Doctor at another clinic and had a horrible experience. I felt like just a number there and was extremely depressed and discouraged. Infertility is so hard and to feel like your doctor doesn’t care is heartbreaking. From the minute I met doctor Shannon she was warm, loving, kind and so smart. She held my hand and walked me through the process. She was willing to make changes to my treatment that were right for my body - if something wasn’t working she went the extra mile to find the best solution and protocol for me. She treated me like a friend and I truly feel she gave me the advice and love she would a family member and that assured me that I was in the right hands. She is also so responsive! At the first clinic I would wait weeks to hear from my doctor. With doctor Shannon if I reached out to her I would hear back that same day and often times within the hour. I would tell anyone going through this to seek out Dr. Shannon!
Don’t waste your time with another Doctor! Doctor Shannon is the top of the top, the best of the best and the only doctor I would recommend if you’re going through infertility.
Dr. Shannon spoke to me like she would a friend. She always encouraged me to keep going and assured me I would get pregnant. She was extremely quick to respond if I had a question and treated me with kindness and love. This can be such a challenging process and having a compassionate doctor who is willing to go the extra mile for you and your treatment made all of the difference in the world for us!
I am a 36 year old with low ovarian reserve. We initially started on a standard protocol but I wasn’t responding as well as we had hoped. Doctor Shannon advised me to cancel the round as we would not see a great outcome and I was paying out of pocket. As devastated as I was I appreciated her honesty and understanding that this is an expensive process and she wanted me to have the best outcome possible. She spent the time to look into my case and recommended we try a low stim protocol which was the best protocol for my age and situation with low ovarian reserve.
They were all so kind and made me feel very comfortable!
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU has a beautiful facility and they are extremely knowledgeable. They have state of the art equipment and facilities and they were extremely thorough, knowledgeable and professional. At times the morning monitoring can be crowded and can take some time but it’s because so many patients trust NYU. I would just come prepared with a book or a podcast if you have to wait but at most it’s about 45 mins.

LGBTQ+
As an lgbtq couple, my wife and I had a great experience with Dr. Devore. She explained the process and all steps throughly and answered any questions we had. I was lucky and was able to have Dr. Devore perform my egg retrieval. I was a little nervous going in and she was reassuring and supportive the whole time...Don’t expect to see Dr. Devore in every single visit but know that if you have any questions or concerns you can always reach out to ask.
The only weakness this clinic [NYU Langone Fertility Center] has is the palm check in which was useless and never works. Always checked in manually. Some strengths are clean restrooms, friendly receptionist and nurses, and comfy chairs in waiting area...As an lgbtq couple, my wife and I had a great experience with Dr. Devore. She explained the process and all steps throughly and answered any questions we had.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
As an lgbtq couple, my wife and I had a great experience with Dr. Devore. She explained the process and all steps throughly and answered any questions we had. I was lucky and was able to have Dr. Devore perform my egg retrieval. I was a little nervous going in and she was reassuring and supportive the whole time. My wife had someone else do the embryo transfer. This was not a big deal for us as she was attentive afterwards.
Very friendly and personal. She answered any questions we had.
As we are a same sex couple, we did reciprocal ivf. I had hormonal injections everyday that was monitored by bloodwork and ultrasound until it was time for retrieval. My wife had the same during FET cycle. Fertility pills and injections that were monitored by bloodwork and ultrasound until transfer date. Afterwards, medication is continued until pregnancy was confirmed and medication was tapered off. The plan resulted in a pregnancy :)
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Valentine)
Everyone was excellent, friendly, and supportive.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The only weakness this clinic has is the palm check in which was useless and never works. Always checked in manually. Some strengths are clean restrooms, friendly receptionist and nurses, and comfy chairs in waiting area.
Morning monitoring always went as expected. Usually really quick to be seen. Only had one instance of waiting for over an hour to be seen by ultrasound doctor.
I have great insurance. My out of pocket cost was about 10% of the overall bill.
Dr. Devore prefers eSET as it reduces the risk of miscarriage as compared to multiple embryo transfer.

2022, Successful
Dr. DeVore was so patient and kind. She listened to my concerns and was very responsive via email and/or phone call. Even though I was not able to see her for every office visit, it was very clear that she was the one managing my care. I felt heard and reassured and am forever grateful for her...Dr. DeVore was so patient and did not make us feel rushed to do our implantation. She was okay with us waiting a cycle to schedule it, especially as I had to manage some things separately with my endocrinologist. I’m very grateful for her patience...
The nursing staff [at NYU Langone Fertility Center] was so helpful. They were always ready to answer questions about all the medications and next steps. They were informative and educated and I felt reassured every step of the way...Morning monitoring was always very quick and efficient. I never waited for more than 5 minutes for my appointment. The morning monitoring appts are very quick but the nurses are happy to chat about any concerns or questions you have...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I would advise any IVF patient to stay patient, express any concerns and worries to your doctors and nurses, and to stay positive.
Dr. DeVore has been very patient with me throughout this whole process and called me numerous times to discuss results and answer any questions I have had.
Leading up to my egg retrieval I was on cetrotide, Gonal F, and menopur. These were titrated often dependent on my bloodwork. I was carefully instructed how to properly administer and adjust dosing. For my trigger shot, Dr. DeVore was so accommodating as I had an important obligation during the time. She really worked with me to adjust the timing of my trigger shot. After my retrieval, Dr. DeVore was so patient and did not make us feel rushed to do our implantation. She was okay with us waiting a cycle to schedule it, especially as I had to manage some things separately with my endocrinologist. I’m very grateful for her patience.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The nursing staff was so helpful. They were always ready to answer questions about all the medications and next steps. They were informative and educated and I felt reassured every step of the way.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This clinic is great with timing. Morning monitoring was always very quick and efficient. I never waited for more than 5 minutes for my appointment. The morning monitoring appts are very quick but the nurses are happy to chat about any concerns or questions you have.
2019 - 2022, Successful
she [Dr. DeVore] is kind, thoughtful, considerate, supportive and very smart. I trusted everything she told me and knew she would never sugarcoat the information I was receiving, including the statistical reality of various steps along the way. I truly appreciated this, as it felt that I always went into next steps with a realistic expectation...She is one of the most responsive doctors I've ever had, and so even though reaching out to her required going through her (excellent) patient coordinator Emily, I still found she usually called me within 24 hours or answered my emailed questions within a matter of hours or less (including on her days off!)
NYU can be a bit hard to navigate...the process of connecting with a person is very arduous and you nearly always end up connected to an answering service, even during business hours. At times, it took nurses (not Carrington though!) many hours to call back and I frequently had to do follow-up calls to get questions answered...Often any calls I had to make after hours were related to time sensitive questions about injections, and getting through to the on-call dotor sometimes took 15 minutes of talking to the answering service, always (inexplicably) starting with a question of whether or not I was a patient. At times the on-call doctors were extremely quick to respond, and very kind and helpful. At other times the calls back would take hours...
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I covered some of this previously but the shortest answer is that she is kind, thoughtful, considerate, supportive and very smart. I trusted everything she told me and knew she would never sugarcoat the information I was receiving, including the statistical reality of various steps along the way. I truly appreciated this, as it felt that I always went into next steps with a realistic expectation. Many components of the IVF process are a bit scary and require a lot of trust in your doctor's approach and decision making; I knew I had this with Dr. Devore, and also knew that she was going to carefully consider the best approach both for the outcome and for my own health.
Schedule a consultation and you too will want to sign right up. She is truly one of the best doctors I've ever had.
Dr. Devore is truly one of the kindest and most thoughtful doctors I've ever been lucky enough to have. From the very start of this journey she listened to my questions, concerns and hopes for the future, and helped me understand my options accordingly. She never once shied away from the data and was always wholly transparent about what the options were and what the potential outcomes might be. When I first came to her I was interested in egg freezing but over a long period of time (lengthened by my choice to slightly delay things because of the pandemic), my needs changed and she helped me clarify what she thought was the best path forward in light of what I hoped to achieve—and she was exactly right. She is one of the most responsive doctors I've ever had, and so even though reaching out to her required going through her (excellent) patient coordinator Emily, I still found she usually called me within 24 hours or answered my emailed questions within a matter of hours or less (including on her days off!). She was compassionate in listening to my concerns—both medical and otherwise—and extremely supportive from the very start. As someone choosing to become a parent on my own, it was particularly impactful to feel that she supported my decisions and was on my team as I made my decisions (no matter how long they took me—and I was often very slow!). I cannot imagine having gone through this with any other doctor and would recommend her to truly anyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at NYU Langone Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Emily (patient coordinator) and Carrington)
Emily, the patient coordinator, was extremely responsive, kind, supportive and very patient with my many questions. If I reached out to her incorrectly she was always helpful getting my question answered by the right part of my care team. = Carrington, my primary nurse, was very kind, helpful, thoughtful and always helped answer my questions along the way. She was not always the person I worked with directly because of timing and vacation schedules, but she was extremely helpful at all times when she was who I connected with.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
NYU can be a bit hard to navigate and it's sometimes a bit tricky to know how you can reach the people you need. In particular, my biggest frustration was with their phone process—if you have to use the phone tree, the process of connecting with a person is very arduous and you nearly always end up connected to an answering service, even during business hours. At times, it took nurses (not Carrington though!) many hours to call back and I frequently had to do follow-up calls to get questions answered. I had direct lines for Emily and Carrington and when I called those I got answers very quickly from both of them, but if for some reason either of them was not in the office on a given day, the process was very frustrating. Similarly, the answering service in the evenings is deeply frustrating. Often any calls I had to make after hours were related to time sensitive questions about injections, and getting through to the on-call dotor sometimes took 15 minutes of talking to the answering service, always (inexplicably) starting with a question of whether or not I was a patient. At times the on-call doctors were extremely quick to respond, and very kind and helpful. At other times the calls back would take hours. On one occasion the doctor on-call called back and sounded extremely annoyed and was very dismissive. None of the above would deter me from recommending NYU but it's definitely an area for improvement. I would also suggest trying to get any and all direct lines possible for the people you are trying to reach.
I was lucky to have health insurance coverage and be in-network so all told my costs were very low.
I believe NYU generally does a single embryo transfer; I agree with this approach and it never came up directly with Dr. Devore, as it would have been my preference without question even if it wasn't the norm at the clinic.
What specific things went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at NYU Langone Fertility Center.
There was one small mixup with repeat baseline testing that was accidentally not ordered as it should have been. The staff member was extremely apologetic and from my perspective the mistake was understandable in light of various time frames that made catching it a little complicated. The issue was caught before it caused an issue and solved without impact; felt like a human error from an extremely efficient staff member who I greatly appreciated and seems almost not worth mentioning. A larger issue that does seem worth noting is that after the egg retrieval. the nursing staff did not provide me with any handouts or information related to OHSS. I happened to know I was at risk and called to get the information sent to me when I realized it had not been sent to me. Similarly, after the retrieval there were a variety of suggestions for items to have on hand, including things like coconut water instead of regular water, etc. Perhaps not knowing this before the procedure wouldn't have been as surprising to me in a non-pandemic moment, but in light of the circumstances I was frustrated to realize I should have had a few items on hand. I'd suggest NYU provide this information ahead of time so patients can prepare as needed.
NY - 53rd Street (Eastside)
Dr Devore treated me like I was her only patient - from the beginning when I transferred care to her after a few poor outcomes, through failed transfers, and finally another retrieval, she was always patient, kind, and brilliant...I feel like the mark of an excellent REI doctor is their ability to stand with you, mourn with you, and re-build your hope when you get bad news. Dr Devore is able to do all those things all the while with you knowing you are in the best possible hands.
The [NYU Langone Fertility Center] clinic has 2 locations, one busier and one more boutique. They are both nice. The facility is nice and easy to get to. Waiting rooms, ORs, and clinic rooms are nice. The billing department is great, when I noticed a mistake on my bill they adjusted it right away.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
There is no guarantee for good news in the process, but what I have found most important in an REI doctor is how much faith you have in them during the setbacks and how open, honest, and adaptable they are with the subsequent plans.
For egg retrieval, I did menopur and GonalF, then cetreotide and an hCG and lupron trigger. For my successful transfer, I was on 81mg aspirin daily, 40mg lovenox daily, 20mg famotidine daily, claritin daily, 10mg prednisone daily, 3mg estrace twice daily, and progesterone 1.5mg IM daily.
The nurses were always wonderful. After a year with so much monitoring, they get to know you really well and become great cheerleaders.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
The clinic has 2 locations, one busier and one more boutique. They are both nice. The facility is nice and easy to get to. Waiting rooms, ORs, and clinic rooms are nice. The billing department is great, when I noticed a mistake on my bill they adjusted it right away.
Because of my history of failed transfers, we decided to transfer 2 euploid embryos with the last cycle.
NY - 53rd Street (Eastside)

Dr. DeVore is warm, empathic and is clearly passionate about the work she does...She is an excellent physician and exceeded my expectations in terms of results. It was also very apparent to me that she goes above and beyond for all of her patients based on my observations of her and her equally excellent team...produced results (i.e., # of embryos that were normal based on preimplantation genetic testing) that exceeded my expectations. I felt very comfortable asking questions as I was always met with prompt and clear answers.
Every nurse [at NYU Fertility Center] I interacted with was extremely knowledgeable, approachable and helpful. The majority of nurses I interacted with were not aware that I am a physician and went above and beyond in terms of being accommodating with my hectic schedule and ensuring that they were able to get in touch with me to communicate results, next steps, etc., All of the nursing staff were very warm and friendly, despite being quite busy...Efficient, well-oiled machine
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I am a female physician and plan to recommend her to my friends who are also physicians. She is an excellent physician and exceeded my expectations in terms of results. It was also very apparent to me that she goes above and beyond for all of her patients based on my observations of her and her equally excellent team.
Dr. DeVore is warm, empathic and is clearly passionate about the work she does. Not surprisingly, this passion translates to excellent results, which exceeded my expectations.
Every nurse I interacted with was extremely knowledgeable, approachable and helpful. The majority of nurses I interacted with were not aware that I am a physician and went above and beyond in terms of being accommodating with my hectic schedule and ensuring that they were able to get in touch with me to communicate results, next steps, etc., All of the nursing staff were very warm and friendly, despite being quite busy.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
Dr. DeVore and her team were excellent communicators and most importantly, produced results (i.e., # of embryos that were normal based on preimplantation genetic testing) that exceeded my expectations. I felt very comfortable asking questions as I was always met with prompt and clear answers.
Efficient, well-oiled machine
Her team was upfront and clear about out of pocket costs.
NY - 53rd Street (Eastside)
Dr. DeVore was exactly what I was looking for in a fertility doctor. She always took the time to explain everything to me. She was honest but compassionate when there was not so good news, and she always had a plan for the next step, which I appreciated. She was able to get me pregnant on my third round of IUI, but we had already set up the process for IVF in case the IUI didn't work. I'm so grateful to her for getting me pregnant, but also for her knowledge and approachable bedside manner.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot [at NYU Langone Fertility Center], and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy...All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized...I found the clinic to e very organized and well run. The open hours for labs/US could get crowded and you might wait for 15-20 minutes, but this was the same as the practice where I was seen first, so I wasn't surprised.
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
She will listen to what your hopes are and will be honest with you in coming up with your treatment plan. I very much appreciated her honest opinion and help in managing my expectations.
Dr. DeVore took the time to explain every detail of infertility with me, as well as every step along the way and exactly what the plan would be.
We did one round of IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot, and then the next round of IUI with Clomid and a trigger shot, which resulted in a pregnancy.
All of the nurses were incredibly friendly, knowledgeable, and organized.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
My insurance almost completely covered my treatment. There were a few bills for ultrasounds and IUI, but overall less than $200 I would guess.
NY - 53rd Street (Eastside)
I felt completely safe and always hopeful in her [Dr. DeVore's] expertise and knowledge. I knew she was always assessing my progress, adapting the treatment as we went to ensure it worked best for me and the results showed. I had no doubt she would do everything in her power to help me get to the end result I wanted...She gave me the emotional support I needed but also told it to me straight...[we] discussed the approach for the embryo transfer and I felt very informed going into it
At the start it can feel overwhelming with the amount of information and documents to get signed. But NYU was incredibly organized and efficient with my time, guiding me through the process. I found the NYU app a really useful tool to keep me informed of appointments and billing etc and it was used effectively by the NYU team...I have nothing but positive words to saying about the full nursing staff. They went over and above in their care of me, it felt incredibly personal. They took the time to get to know me and understand my individual journey. I knew I could call them anytime with any question and they would be there for me
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
I have so much love and respect when it comes to Shannon DeVore. I cannot speak highly enough of her. I feel incredibly lucky she ended up being my fertility doctor. Not only am I now pregnant but she managed to make the entire journey positive. She is outstanding at her job. I felt completely safe and always hopeful in her expertise and knowledge. I knew she was always assessing my progress, adapting the treatment as we went to ensure it worked best for me and the results showed. I had no doubt she would do everything in her power to help me get to the end result I wanted. Shannon DeVore is also a wonderful human being. She kept me afloat during the treatment. She lifted me up when I lost faith, she provide emotional support during difficult times, and she gave me the right amount of encouragement to continue when I thought hope was lost. She is open, honest and to the point - all essential in your fertility journey when you need to know where you stand.
Choose Shannon DeVore as your fertility doctor. Best thing you can do.
Shannon DeVore could not have made me feel more human or more listened to during my IVF journey. She was outstanding in her care of me - I felt like she completely understand everything I was going through. She gave me the emotional support I needed but also told it to me straight - our relationship was built on honesty and transparency. And in doing so she gave me the motivation to carry on when times were tough.
I have nothing but positive words to saying about the full nursing staff. They went over and above in their care of me, it felt incredibly personal. They took the time to get to know me and understand my individual journey. I knew I could call them anytime with any question and they would be there for me. I definitely cried on them multiply times and they showed me compassion and love. I thought they were outstanding.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
I was impressed with NYU Fertility from the get go. At the start it can feel overwhelming with the amount of information and documents to get signed. But NYU was incredibly organized and efficient with my time, guiding me through the process. I found the NYU app a really useful tool to keep me informed of appointments and billing etc and it was used effectively by the NYU team. It felt like a seamless operation which I hugely appreciated.
I found the monitoring appointments a well oiled machine. Especially if you choose an early morning slot, which worked out well for me, as there was hardly ever a queue. They really tried to move you through as fast as you can and once you were in the rhythm of them, understanding the need to go between 7-10am, then it worked really well.
I don't want to answer this as it is so specific to my fertility treatment so its not comparable.
Shannon DeVore and I discussed the approach for the embryo transfer and I felt very informed going into it. Again it was a very open dialogue throughout the process and I was very clear on why we were moving forward with the approach we choose.
2022 - 2023, Successful
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
LGBTQ+
Dr. Devore was the third Dr we saw on a long journey starting with IUI with other doctors and ending with an embryo transfer with Dr. Devore. Not only did she offer superior care but a sense of kindness and excitement as we continued our journey. As an LGBTQ+ couple, we felt so comfortable in Dr Devore’s hands. Even though we didn’t see her specifically for every single visit, every time we did see her she made us feel safe, hopeful and like we were talking to someone who was genuinely involved in our success which she was! We felt like we built a relationship with her. After a positive pregnancy test, we got to spend time with her discussing everything to come. If you’re looking for a fertility Dr in NYC, run don’t walk to Dr Devore!
This [NYU Langone Fertility Center] office is efficient, kind and compassionate. While seeing many patients for morning monitoring, you never feel like just a number and everyone gets the same wonderful care. I can’t recommend them enough....As an LGBTQ+ couple, we felt so comfortable in Dr Devore’s hands. Even though we didn’t see her specifically for every single visit, every time we did see her she made us feel safe, hopeful and like we were talking to someone who was genuinely involved in our success which she was! We felt like we built a relationship with her. After a positive pregnancy test, we got to spend time with her discussing everything to come. If you’re looking for a fertility Dr in NYC, run don’t walk to Dr Devore!
How was your experience with Shannon DeVore at NYU Langone Fertility Center?
Every doctor was so kind and thorough.
Describe your experience with NYU Langone Fertility Center.
This office is efficient, kind and compassionate. While seeing many patients for morning monitoring, you never feel like just a number and everyone gets the same wonderful care. I can’t recommend them enough.