5.7

Denver, CO 80111
4105 Briargate Pkwy #255
Colorado Springs, CO 80920

2023, Unknown Success
Dr. Murray was clear and compassionate. She explored avenues other doctors had dismissed... She was frank about treatments she did not think would have value and explained her reasoning clearly, but she also showed a great deal of compassion and empathy for the losses we had been through...If you need someone to be more of a sugar-coater or a cheerleader and tell you things will be okay when they may not be, then you may want a different provider...
it was easy to get through to someone [at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado] and make appointments, and the on-call care was also superb. I did wait a bit at some appointments (Friday early morning is busy), but I also benefitted multiple times from doctors and staff spending extra time with me during my appointments so I don't really begrudge that. Every staff member I interacted with acted like they knew who I was and treated me like a human and not a number...
How was your experience with Shona Murray at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado?
Dr. Murray was clear and compassionate. She explored avenues other doctors had dismissed (sperm fragmentation and testing products of conception after miscarriage to determine if I was miscarrying genetically normal embryos, in which case IVF would not be a solution), as well as revisiting some that hadn't been tested in awhile (RPL). She was frank about treatments she did not think would have value and explained her reasoning clearly, but she also showed a great deal of compassion and empathy for the losses we had been through. We developed a plan that felt a little scary, but she made sure I had what I needed and was considerate of my feelings throughout. She did not suggest jumping back into more expensive treatment (IVF, donor eggs) until she felt we had a better understanding of what might be going on. I really appreciated her willingness to try to better understand the situation before advising further treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Shona Murray at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado?
I loved Dr. Murray's manner--she answered our questions and made clear what her reasoning was. Bring your questions, she will answer them. She is a direct communicator, which I prefer, but she is not at all gruff and speaks with care and compassion. If you need someone to be more of a sugar-coater or a cheerleader and tell you things will be okay when they may not be, then you may want a different provider.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Shona Murray at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado?
Every time I called the office or interacted with a nurse, radiologist, or doctor, the person knew who I was and my history of miscarriage. I accidentally forgot to refill my progesterone prescription and the on-call doctor sat on the phone with me for an hour discussing options and trying to get through to a 24-hour pharmacy, and the clinic gave me sample meds to get me through until my order came in. At each of my ultrasound appointments for my pregnancy, I saw the doctor after (I've never had a doctor meet with me after an ultrasound for any of my past four pregnancies, 2 at fertility clinics). It was a very different experience than at the larger clinic I was at previously.
Describe the protocols Shona Murray used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado and their degree of success.
We first decided to repeat my RPL panel, test my TSH (I'm on levothyroxine for hypothyroidism), and do a sperm fragmentation test on my husband to rule out possible causes of miscarriage. We then decided we would try to conceive on our own and test the products of conception when I miscarried. I was given a miscarriage kit for this purpose and explained how to use it and what we might expect (results are not guaranteed). Prior to this cycle, I had miscarried our one genetically tested embryo after egg retrieval and FET at another clinic. Because we had been able to conceive on our own and because of this miscarriage, we decided on this test to know if I was miscarrying genetically normal embryos before proceeding to further treatment, as IVF/donor eggs would not be successful if so. However, I actually have stayed pregnant and graduated from the fertility clinic last week, and I have my first appointment with my OB today at 9 weeks 4 days. My previous miscarriages occurred at 6 weeks, 8 weeks, and 9 weeks, so I am cautiously optimistic that this baby will stay.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Moira)
Moira was my radiologist at both my scans and was the most compassionate and thorough I've had of all of my six pregnancies at four clinics. Scans are really difficult for me emotionally because of my previous losses, and before she started each scan, she explained everything she would do during the scan. She also showed me the heartbeat first each time because she knew how anxious I was, and even gave me extra printouts of the stats for baby. I wish every fertility patient had a Moira.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Colorado.
I appreciated that it was easy to get through to someone and make appointments, and the on-call care was also superb. I did wait a bit at some appointments (Friday early morning is busy), but I also benefitted multiple times from doctors and staff spending extra time with me during my appointments so I don't really begrudge that. Every staff member I interacted with acted like they knew who I was and treated me like a human and not a number.
Shona Murray
2023, Successful
She [Dr. Shona Murray] listened to us, she was informative and always had a plan of action. She truly had a plan and a back up one every step. She listened to our concerns along the way. Truly she was great. We started seeing her and were scared and unsure what to expect, she told us all the possibilities and told us all the different success rates. She let us make the decisions along the way but you knowledge truly helps make an informed decision.
This clinic [Shady Grove Fertility Colorado] is prompt with appointment times. Hardly any wait time, always smiling and nice. Gentle with the topic and also very nice to talk to. We did struggle when we first schedule for them to get my medical records that my gynecologist was sending over. They ended up getting there while in our first appointment with Dr. Murray. Was just a little frustrating
How was your experience with Shona Murray at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado?
She listened to us, she was informative and always had a plan of action. She truly had a plan and a back up one every step. She listened to our concerns along the way. Truly she was great. We started seeing her and were scared and unsure what to expect, she told us all the possibilities and told us all the different success rates. She let us make the decisions along the way but you knowledge truly helps make an informed decision.
Go in open minded, but at the same time know that she will truly look at all your information and make the best plan she can. She understands this isn’t easy, but she give you true hope.
Every time we met with her she was informative and had a plan for our care. We had only 1 embryo to transfer and it was a day 7. She was honest with us up front and told us all the information. She gave us the option to go back and do another round of stim or transfer. We chose to transfer, and all 3 of us was extremely happy with the outcome.
We went in not know what to expect, we heard about IUI and knew about IVF and were thinking let’s start with IUI. Dr. Murray gave us the different percentages of success rates and with our age we decided on IVF would be a better option due to age and success rate. We started with birth control to base line. After which we started stimulation the shots were scary at first but we got over that. She monitored everything very closely before we pulled the trigger for retrieval. Once we did retrieval we did PGT-A testing and so we knew we were doing a FET. We ended up only having one egg for transfer. We decided to try it, so we set a date and started hormone treatment for that. I can say we had a successful transfer and are currently expecting our tough strong embryo baby!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey )
Kelsey was always for nice, informative and understanding. She was quick to respond to messages. Everything we met with her she was pleasant to talk to and aways explained thing in a way we truly understood. Truly the best nurse I’ve ever worked with.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Colorado.
This clinic is prompt with appointment times. Hardly any wait time, always smiling and nice. Gentle with the topic and also very nice to talk to. We did struggle when we first schedule for them to get my medical records that my gynecologist was sending over. They ended up getting there while in our first appointment with Dr. Murray. Was just a little frustrating
Describe the costs associated with your care under Shona Murray at Shady Grove Fertility Colorado.
We were able to go under our insurance
Shona Murray