LGBTQ+ Care
LGBTQ+ Care

Ratings of 1 indicate an unsatisfactory LGBTQ+ care.

Ratings of 10 indicate an excellent LGBTQ+ care.

Good

Loyola U.
U. of North Carolina
U. of North Carolina

Ursula Balthazar works in 1 office at

19296 Stone Oak Pkwy
San Antonio, TX 78258

Dr. Balthazar made going through the most difficult thing, bearable. She was very nurturing, knowledgeable, and genuinely cares for her patients. She got excited with every good news we got and followed me through the pregnancy and after. She was so warm to me and my family. She was very prepared at every visit. She is not only the best fertility doctor, but the best doctor I’ve ever had.... She takes lots of time to make you feel comfortable
The billing department [RMA of Texas] takes too long to get back with you. Sometimes they don’t answer the phone. Just keep calling. They have recently expanded their hours, which is nice. They offer acupuncture there as well.... May was always great to work with. She would be able to reach the doctor with questions I had very quickly. She was very kind and warm.... First retrieval was $25k Second retrieval was $12,500
How was your experience with Ursula Balthazar at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ursula Balthazar at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Give her a chance. Everyone I know who has seen her has gotten pregnant, even a girl who was told she needs a hysterectomy by another doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ursula Balthazar at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
She takes lots of time to make you feel comfortable, to know your individual care, and she is very warm. She went out of her way many times in the process.
Describe the protocols Ursula Balthazar used in your cycles at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas) and their degree of success.
I cannot remember
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Amy)
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
The billing department takes too long to get back with you. Sometimes they don’t answer the phone. Just keep calling. They have recently expanded their hours, which is nice. They offer acupuncture there as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ursula Balthazar at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
First retrieval was $25k Second retrieval was $12,500
Describe Ursula Balthazar's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
She chose one because I was pre-diabetic and it is easier to regulate one placenta versus two

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
The Doctor [Dr. Ursula Balthazar] picked up on my reactions/questions and really got to know me...She is very positive, kind person. She knows how to sell her product and convince you it is the right thing. She is very accessible. Once she was on vacation and she emailed me back. She will sit down with you and explain for as long as you need it....Progesterone levels was an issue with me. with IUI it was vaginal pink pills with IVF it started to be progesterone shots and after looking at the levels we switched to a vaginal white pill twice a day. Now with the second IVF it will be the same white pills 3 times a day
[RMA of Texas - SA Stone Oak] nice, clean place. they have an acupuncturist at the office. the office is very busy. [Nurse] Amy has been available through text message at any time of the day. She doesn't always respond quickly but it is very convenient since they don't answer the phones...There was a charge everything i went in except for when we purchased the IVF package we paid upfront...The Doctor [Dr. Ursula Balthazar] picked up on my reactions/questions and really got to know me
Even though it seems like she is going to get you a baby she is not God
The Doctor picked up on my reactions/questions and really got to know me
Birth control during the IVF process. Progesterone levels was an issue with me. with IUI it was vaginal pink pills with IVF it started to be progesterone shots and after looking at the levels we switched to a vaginal white pill twice a day. Now with the second IVF it will be the same white pills 3 times a day
Describe your experience with your nurse at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas). (Assigned nurse: Lisa and Amy)
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
She was happy to transfer 2 embryos one being perfect and the other being not fully ready but with 2 good day 3 frozen embryos she wants to only transfer 1 and 2 really wasnt an option
San Antonio - Stone Oak

Dr. Balthazar is very direct and positive. She explains the reason behind everything, and assured you that you will do treatments on your time. She is incredibly knowledgeable. She listens to you and gives you options.... I had many tests done my first few appointments. I had the tube test, in which she found out my right tube was completely blocked. Following that test, I had my right tube removed under her care. Since then, I've had tests done to check my egg reserve and my genetics.
[Aspire of Texas'] Weakness: Getting an initial appointment is the hardest part. I was constantly on hold and calling repeatedly to get an appointment. Strengths: The facility is very clean. There is not a huge staff, and they are loyal, so you will he dealing with the same nurse for each visit.... Each visit with tests and blood work was around $300. My surgery was around $1500.
Dr. Balthazar listens to your concerns and will help you, even if she doesn't believe it's best.
Dr. Balthazar listened to my concerns and did not try to push me into anything. She presented us with options, and said we will look at these when you're ready.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
The nursing staff respects Dr. Balthazar, and listens to her orders.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
What specific things went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas)?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Once you schedule an appointment or procedure, it is up to you to call and check in, follow up, or check results.
2019 - 2023, Successful
Dr. Balthazar was the most positive and kind doctor I have ever had. She has a way of making you feel like everything is going to be good. She is very knowledgeable on current patient trends and treatments and ensures the plan she puts together is perfect for you...very caring and compassionate. She put lots of time and thought into my particular treatment to ensure we were successful. She understood that not every patient is the same.
They [Aspire Fertility] were all very nice. The best way to reach anyone is through your portal they respond quickly to most all messages. Your appt time is really your appt time you won't have to wait forever to be seen...Dr. Balthazar was the most positive and kind doctor I have ever had. She has a way of making you feel like everything is going to be good. She is very knowledgeable on current patient trends and treatments and ensures the plan she puts together is perfect for you.
Trust her she is as invested in your journey as you are!
Dr Balthazar is very caring and compassionate. She put lots of time and thought into my particular treatment to ensure we were successful. She understood that not every patient is the same.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
They were all very nice. The best way to reach anyone is through your portal they respond quickly to most all messages. Your appt time is really your appt time you won't have to wait forever to be seen.
30k

2023, Successful
Dr. Balthazar is exactly the type of person you want to see when you're at your most vulnerable. She is kind & compassionate, yet direct and honest. I always felt that I was in the best of hands under her care. After having probably the worst year of my life prior to seeing her, I immediately felt that I was in the right place within minutes of speaking to her. Every single visit was comprehensive, and responsiveness even on the weekends was above and beyond.
[Aspire Fertility is] Organized, clean and modern office. Plenty of waiting space, the clinical rooms are well sized, and the office is easy to access & find. Every single person in the clinic from front desk to the nurses & physicians are kind, sensitive and honestly a joy to be around...Despite having an incredible busy clinic, I always felt that I had Dr. Balthazar's undivided attention. I was never rushed or dismissed, and every question was addressed with compassion and urgency.
Trust her & trust the process.
Genetic testing, blood work, saline US. Everything was pretty normal. Started various supplements per her recommendation & made a few lifestyle changes.
All of the nurses are kind, knowledgeable, attentive and responsive.
Describe your experience with Aspire Fertility (formerly RMA of Texas).
Labs were covered but physician visits/ultrasounds were not. I believe there was a self pay discount.