In this course, we cover rates of success as well as risks, alternatives, and critical choices for hopeful parents pursuing the gestational surrogacy process.
Experts you'll learn from
What you'll learn
In this course, we cover rates of success for hopeful parents pursuing surrogacy using their own eggs or those of an egg donor. We also look at the physical and emotional implications to both parents and offspring. We also outline the major decisions to be made and their impacts on timelines, budgets, and more. Specifically we address if to or how to work with an agency, criteria in selecting a gestational surrogate, regional nuances, as well legal and medical decisions that need to be settled.
Course Syllabus7 Lessons2h 5m
- Lesson 1 (5 min)Introduction & Does It Work?
- Lesson 2 (10 min)Who Typically Benefits from Using a Gestational Carrier
- Lesson 3 (5 min)Regional Nuances
- Lesson 4 (10 min)Who Typically Becomes a Gestational Carrier?
- Lesson 5 (20 min)The Costs Associated With Using a Gestational Carrier
- Lesson 6 (55 min)High Level Process & DecisionsIn this lesson we'll cover:
- High Level Summary
- Consult Local Regulations
- Independent Search or Agency Guidance
- Selecting a Gestational Carrier (or Having a Carrier Select You)
- Medical & Psychological Screening
- Sign Agreements
- IVF & Embryo Transfer
- Heartbeat on Ultrasound
- Finalizing Health Insurance Details
- Parental Establishment
- Hospital Plan, Delivery & Post-Delivery
- Lesson 7 (20 min)IVF Treatment Decisions
Other courses you might like
This detailed course will answer all your questions about using donor eggs for IVF & the complex decisions that must be made.
How to navigate miscarriage & ectopic pregnancy. Diagnostics; beta hCG; surgical vs. medical vs. natural options; genetic testing; and emotionally coping.
This course covers the crucial steps of domestic infant adoption, including the home study, locating expectant parents, validating the social medical history form, as well as preparing the hospital plan and post-adoption steps. We cover the total costs, timelines as well as crucial factors post-adoption.
We cover how many embryos to transfer, medicated vs. unmedicated cycles, fresh vs. frozen, and the do's and don'ts on transfer day itself.
The most complex fertility treatment, this course will help you do it right the first time.
Breaking down every important topic relating to mental health & fertility. We cover data around anxiety, depression, and stress as they relate to fertility & fertility outcomes. Studies on relaxation techniques & SSRI antidepressants. Tools for managing relationships with your partner, family, friends, & co-workers
Introducing the major decisions a gay couple or single man may face in order to become fathers. Tips on finding a clinic, selecting an egg donor & gestational carrier (surrogate), pros and cons of twins, and costs involved. See an overview of adoption & foster care for gay and single dads.