Experts you'll learn from
What you'll learn
In this course, we cover rates of success for hopeful parents pursuing surrogacy using their own eggs or those of an egg donor. We also look at the physical and emotional implications to both parents and offspring. We also outline the major decisions to be made and their impacts on timelines, budgets, and more. Specifically we address if to or how to work with an agency, criteria in selecting a gestational surrogate, regional nuances, as well legal and medical decisions that need to be settled.
Course Syllabus7 Lessons2h 5m
- Lesson 1 (5 min)Introduction & Does It Work?
- Lesson 2 (10 min)Who Typically Benefits from Using a Gestational Carrier
- Lesson 3 (5 min)Regional Nuances
- Lesson 4 (10 min)Who Typically Becomes a Gestational Carrier?
- Lesson 5 (20 min)The Costs Associated With Using a Gestational Carrier
- Lesson 6 (55 min)High Level Process & DecisionsIn this lesson we'll cover:
- High Level Summary
- Consult Local Regulations
- Independent Search or Agency Guidance
- Selecting a Gestational Carrier (or Having a Carrier Select You)
- Medical & Psychological Screening
- Sign Agreements
- IVF & Embryo Transfer
- Heartbeat on Ultrasound
- Finalizing Health Insurance Details
- Parental Establishment
- Hospital Plan, Delivery & Post-Delivery
- Lesson 7 (20 min)IVF Treatment Decisions