IVF - In Vitro Fertilization
Experts you'll learn from
What you'll learn
IVF is complicated and—while we wish we could say that it's possible to absorb all the details during the 5 - 30 minute visits with your doctor—that's really not the case. This comprehensive guide to IVF boils down every major issue you'll encounter—a high level overview of the IVF process, a deeper dive into the IVF process, IVF success rates and how they differ depending on diagnosis and age, the medication protocols that can be used during IVF, the choice of inseminating eggs either using ICSI fertilization or conventional insemination, the pros and cons of growing embryos to Day 3 cleavage stage or Day 5 blastocyst stage, the decisions around genetic screening of embryos, deciding which embryo to transfer, deciding how many embryos to transfer at once, the ways the IVF laboratory can impact your odds of success and the things you need to know up front to avoid going to the wrong lab for you, the risks of IVF, and the costs of IVF. We're always sure to provide details about how data might be different depending on unique types of patients—because in the world of fertility, it's really not one-size-fits-all. We truly believe this guide is the foundation every fertility patient should start with when they're navigating the world of treatments.
Course Syllabus13 Lessons1h 54m
- Lesson 1 (10 min)What is IVF?
- Lesson 2 (15 min)The Steps and Decisions In The IVF Process
- Lesson 3 (5 min)IVF Success Rates
- Lesson 4 (10 min)Ovarian Stimulation Protocols
- Lesson 5 (5 min)Conventional Insemination or ICSI
- Lesson 6 (15 min)Growing Embryos To Cleavage or Blastocyst Stage
- Lesson 7 (10 min)PGT-A and PGS Genetic Screening of Embryos
- Lesson 8 (8 min)Which Embryo To Transfer?
- Lesson 9 (9 min)Transferring Fresh or Frozen Embryos
- Lesson 10 (5 min)How Many Embryos To Transfer At Once
- Lesson 11 (5 min)Importance Of The IVF Laboratory
- Lesson 12 (13 min)Risks of IVF
- Lesson 13 (4 min)Costs of IVF