PGT-A Genetic Screening
Giving you the full picture: where it helps, where it doesn’t, and how you might think about this expensive add-on based on your specific priorities.
Experts you'll learn from
What you'll learn
We cover the benefits of PGT-A and their magnitude. We dissect the subject of mosaicism and how it helps to construct a hierarchy of which embryos to transfer. We train patients to ask the relevant questions of their clinic, clinic’s laboratory, and reference laboratory before signing on to do PGT-A. Finally, we address the risk around damage during biopsy, how often useful embryos are being discarded, and how the investment in PGT-A looks for women of different ages.
Course Syllabus6 Lessons1h 22m
- Lesson 1 (2 min)Introduction to Genetic Screening & Course PlanIn this lesson we'll cover:
- Lesson 2 (13 min)What is PGT-A?
- Lesson 3 (19 min)The Benefits of PGT-A
- Lesson 4 (16 min)What is Mosaicism & Why Should I Care?In this lesson we'll cover:
- Why Mosaicism Matters
- A Simple Way to Wrap Your Head Around Mosaicism
- Will Your Doctor Tell You About Mosaicism If You’re Affected?
- How Often Does Mosaicism Actually Exist
- Developing a Transfer Hierarchy With Mosaic Embryos
- If You’re Thinking About Transferring a Mosaic Embryo
- The Need to Consult a Genetic Counselor
- Pro Tips
- Lesson 5 (23 min)Criticisms of PGT-AIn this lesson we'll cover:
- Introducing the Anti-PGT-A Arguments
- Argument 1: Biopsying an Embryo Has Risks
- Argument 2: PGT-A Test Inaccuracy Could Lead Us to Discard Good Embryos
- Argument 3: PGT-A Is Wrong For Older Patients
- Argument 4: PGT-A Is Wrong for Younger Patients
- Argument 5: PGT-A’s Benefits Are Inaccurately Marketed
- Argument 6: PGT-A Is Not Worth the Money
- Pro Tips
- Lesson 6 (9 min)Costs of PGT-A