The IVF Laboratory
Lab quality determines success. This course explains how to vet a lab to give yourself the best chance of a good outcome.
Experts you'll learn from
What you'll learn
Pulling back the curtain on how laboratories operate. Experts will tell you that laboratory quality varies dramatically and a superb laboratory can double your odds of success. In this course we’ll teach you about the role of the laboratory and why it’s so pivotal. In addition, we’ll provide you with the criteria and questions you should use to determine if you are at a world-class laboratory or merely a competent (or incompetent) laboratory. There may be no more important determinant of your clinic’s abilities than the skill of their embryologists and the quality of their laboratory.
Course Syllabus5 Lessons1h 0m
- Lesson 1 (2 min)Introduction to the IVF Laboratory & Course PlanIn this lesson we'll cover:
- Lesson 2 (12 min)What Is A Fertility Laboratory?
- Lesson 3 (19 min)How You Can Measure Lab Quality?
- Lesson 4 (15 min)The Components of a Reliable Laboratory
- Lesson 5 (12 min)Incubators & Why They Really Matter
Other courses you might like
Giving you the full picture: where it helps, where it doesn’t, and how you might think about this expensive add-on based on your specific priorities.
ICSI costs $3–$5k but only improves birth rates in specific circumstances (hint: it’s not as simple as “helps with male factor”). We break down when it’s truly helpful.