We were honored to interview Dr. McCarthy-Keith, Medical Director at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta, on topics pertaining to Black families & fertility patients.
In addition to sharing valuable insights, Dr. McCarthy-Keith answered questions from members of the community. Importantly, she shares critical pieces of information that can help you be your most effective medical advocate.
Discussion Topics Include:
- What a fertility work up looks like and when to get one
- Causes of treatment delay for African American patients and how these affects outcomes
- Common diagnoses for Black patients
- Fibroids, and how they change Black fertility & strategy for treatments like egg freezing
- What you can do to improve your chances of a positive outcome
- Biases in fertility treatment and advice for providers
If you're looking for a deeper dive into each of these topics, we also recommend our full guide to African American fertility, available for free to the entire community.