This video is the second in our series on COVID, Vaccinations & Fertility, in which we interview Dr. Dena Goffman, Chief of Obstetrics at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
Here we cover:
- Newsworthy developments around vaccine safety concerns, particularly for those who are pregnant or trying to concieve
- Weighing the risk of vaccination vs natural infection
- Choosing between Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, and AstraZeneca vaccines, if you have the option
- Considerations for family planning globally, as variants become more wide-spread
- Providing immune support for children through breastmilk
- Misconceptions around the risk of vaccination to fertility and risk of miscarriage
- Whether or not fertility treatment should be delayed if vaccinating
Update: See the next update in this series & previous interview here.