In this video we interview Dr. Dena Goffman, Chief of Obstetrics at
New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
. We cover information including:
- The risks to pregnant women who contract Covid-19
- The risks and benefits of getting a Covid-19 vaccine while pregnant
- The differences between the Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines for pregnancy
- How women should think through when to get a vaccine in terms of which trimester & whether or not their states have prioritized pregnant people for vaccination
- Implications of vaccination to fertility
- What we currently know about sharing antibodies through pregnancy and breastfeeding
Update: See our updated interviews from 4/26/21 and 9/13/21
If you've been vaccinated and are interested in contributing to the growing body of data on vaccination safety & side effects, you can sign up for the V-Safe app though the CDC and be part of scientific follow up and research.