This video is the fourth in our series on COVID-19, Vaccinations, Fertility, and Pregnancy, in which we interview Dr. Dena Goffman, Chief of Obstetrics at New York-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center.
In this interview we cover:
- The impact of COVID-19 infection in pregnant patients and the latest data on risks associated with infection
- Recommendations on booster shots, in light of the omicron variant
- Recommendations on timing of vaccination and timing of booster shots for pregnant patients and those trying to conceive
- Effect of COVID-19 vaccination on menstrual cycles and fertility treatment outcomes
- Effect of COVID-19 vaccination in pregnant patients on newborns
- The immune system response to vaccination versus COVID-19 infection